CHAPTER FOUR.

Bad Boy

 

Haeyoung’s POV
 
After what just happened with Jiyong, I decided to visit the person I knew who would comfort me the most: my sister.  The bus dropped me off at the station in my sister’s neighborhood.  I took out my phone and called her.
 
“Haeyoung ah!” Chaewon answered.
 
“Are you home unnie?” I asked her softly.
 
“Yeah I’m home.  Joongki oppa is here too. Why?”
 
“Just wondering.”
 
“What’s wrong with your voice? Are you crying?”
 
“Unnie. It hurts so much. I don’t know what to do anymore.” I cried.
 
“Haeyoung ah. Where are you?” 
 
“I’m in front of your apartment.” I told her.
 
“Wait there. I’m coming down.” She told me and hung up. 
 
I sat there in front of her apartment and started crying.  I was doing fine until today.  Why was he doing this to me?  Why can’t he just leave me alone so I can be happy.
 
“Haeyoung ah!” Chaewon unnie said and ran up to me. “What’s wrong? What happened? Where are you hurt?!”
 
“I’m so stupid unnie.” I cried.
 
“Tell unnie what’s wrong.”
 
“It hurts here.” I said while putting my hand over my heart. “I thought I was getting over him unnie. No I was getting over him and he comes into the picture again.”
 
“Jiyong? That ? You saw him again?!” 
 
“Deh.”
 
“Where?! Why didn’t you tell me? What did he want?! Don’t tell me he wants you back!”
 
“Ani.”
 
“Then why?”
 
“To plan his wedding.”
 
“What?! His wedding?!”
 
“Can you believe it unnie? He’s getting married.  That is actually getting married.” I laughed sadly.
 
“Haeyoung ah.” Chaewon unnie said sadly.
 
“He didn’t even want to marry me.  There must be something wrong with me unnie.  There must be something wrong with me for him not wanting to marry me.”
 
“Nothing is wrong with you.  Something’s wrong with him!  And why are you even planning his wedding!? Screw him and don’t do it!”
 
“I can’t unnie.  His fiancé is the daughter of the man who sponsors our company.  I can’t just say no.”
 
“This is so stupid!” 
 
“Just seeing him and her planning the wedding makes me sad.  What am I going to do now unnie?”
 
“I’m sorry Haeyoung ah. I’m sorry that you have to go through this.” She said while hugging me. “Just cry it all out.”
 
And that’s what I did.  I cried everything out.  After a while, I stopped crying and went upstairs to my sister’s apartment.  Joongki oppa was on the couch watching TV.
 
“Haeyoung ah. You okay?” He asked me.
 
“De. I’m fine oppa.” I smiled at him.
 
“You need me to kick someone’s ?”
 
“Nah. I’m okay oppa. Promise.”
 
“Okay. If you need anything, remember I’m here for you.”
 
“Thanks oppa. Did I interrupt your date with unnie?”
 
“Ani. We were just watching TV.” Chaewon unnie answered. “You want to sleep over tonight?”
 
“It’s okay. It looks like Joongki oppa was going to sleep over.” I told her.
 
“Just spend the night with your sister. I’m going to head home.  You need your sister more than I do.” Joongki oppa smiled at him.
 
“Are you sure?”
 
“I’m sure.” He told me while putting his jacket on. 
 
“Thanks oppa.”
 
“No problem. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He told my sister and gave her a kiss before leaving.
 
“Go wash up and I’ll cook you something to eat.” She told me and I just nodded and went to go wash up.
 
After washing up and eating, I felt a lot better.  I’m glad I have my unnie by my side.  I know that if I told Ri In she would just go kick Jiyong’s but I knew my sister would just listen to me vent and not do anything.  We spent the night talking and catching up.  It’s good to know that I have someone by my side.
 
Jiyong’s POV
 
I couldn’t sleep that night.  I kept on replaying in my mind over and over what Haeyoung said today.  Why is it getting to me this much?  It shouldn’t affect me this much.  We broke up and we have nothing to do with each other anymore.  Plus, I was never in love with her.  But it was affecting me.  I don’t like seeing her hurt.  Especially her crying over a jerk like me.  I need to do something about this.  I grabbed my phone and dialed Dara’s number.
 
“What? I’m trying to sleep.  You know how I get cranky if I don’t have at least eight hours of sleep.” She answered.
 
“Do we have to plan our wedding at Moon & Jang?” I asked her.
 
“Yes.  Moon Haeyoung is one of the best.  And I want the best for our wedding. Why?”
 
“Nothing. I was just wondering if we had to plan it there.  If it wasn’t too late to do it somewhere else.”
 
“I want Haeyoung to plan it. Why? You don’t want Haeyoung to plan it?”
 
If I tell her about our past then Dara will have a fit.  I can’t let her know about our past relationship.  She’ll just give Haeyoung a hard time.
 
“I just don’t think she’s doing a good job.  I don’t see why she’s the best.  We can try other places.” I lied to her.
 
“You don’t think she’s doing a good job?” She asked me.
 
“Yeah. Let’s go to other wedding planners.” I told her.
 
“I’ll think about it. I’m going to bed now. I love you and bye.”
 
“I love you too.” I told her but she already hung up on me.
 
This is the best thing I can do for Haeyoung.  
 
Haeyoung’s POV
 
I was running to work because Ri In called and told me Dara was in the office and she was mad.  I finally arrived to the office and was rewarded with a slap across my cheek.
 
“What are you doing?” Ri In shouted.
 
I looked and saw Dara, Ri In, and Jiyong in the room.  I looked at Dara and she looked pissed and Jiyong just looked away.  Am I missing something?
 
“What was that for?” I asked her.  
 
“First of all, you kept me waiting.  I don’t like to wait for people.  And second of all, that was for Jiyong.”
 
“Why is it because of that ?!” Ri In butted in.
 
“Don’t call him a !  Watch your mouth.” She warned Ri In. “Apparently Jiyong doesn’t like the way you are planning our wedding.  He says you’re not doing your best and wants to change wedding planners.”
 
“Just because of that you’re slapping her?!”
 
“Yes. I already told you that I want the best but why aren’t you guys giving me your best.”
 
What the hell is Jiyong up to!?
 
“First of all, we don’t have any appointments for today. You came uninvited so it’s not my fault that I’m late.  You’re the one at fault here.  If you wanted to see me then make an appointment.  And lastly,  I’ve been doing my best.  If your fiancé doesn’t like it then go find someone else then.” I told her.
 
“Don’t give me attitude. I’m paying you to plan my wedding.  You’re suppose to be nice to me.  Did you forget who’s sponsoring your company?” She yelled at me.
 
“I don’t care.  Just because your dad is sponsoring my company doesn’t mean I have to kiss your .  If you’re unhappy with the way I’m planning your wedding then just leave.  I’ll give you back your deposit and find someone else.”
 
“How dare you talk to me like that you !” She said and was about to slap me again but Jiyong grabbed her hand to prevent her. “What are you doing?!”
 
“Don’t waste your time with her babe.  She’s just trash and we don’t need trash ruining our wedding. Let’s just find someone better.  She’s not the best in Korea.” Jiyong said and I felt like someone punching me in the face.
 
“You’re the trash here Kwon Jiyong!” Ri In yelled at him.
 
“Let’s just go babe.” He grabbed Dara’s arm and dragged her away.  “I’ll send someone to pick up the deposit.”
 
And with that they left.  What just happened?  Can’t I get a break?
 
“You okay Haeyoung ah?” Ri In asked me.
 
“I’m fine. I’m glad that this happened actually.” I laughed sadly. “I don’t have to plan his wedding anymore. I don’t have to see his face again.”
 
“Yeah. Let’s just forget about them!  Let’s just forget about these past two months and move on!” Ri In told me.
 
“Yeah.” I smiled at her. “Oh yeah. How was your date?”
 
“It was great! He was so cute! We’re taking things slow right now.”
 
“We’re huh? How cute! I want to meet him!”
 
“Not yet! Until I’m certain with him then you guys can meet.”
 
“Fine.  Since we have no appointments today let’s just hang out! It’s been a while.”
 
“Alright. Let’s go grab some lunch. Invite your sister!”
 
“Alright.”
 
Ri In, Chaewon unnie, and I ended up going out for lunch.  We spent the whole day hanging out with each other.  I felt a lot better.  I felt like a weight has been lifted off my shoulder.  I don’t have anything to worry about anymore.  I can just move forward from my life now.  I was wrong.  Definitely wrong though.
 
Jiyong’s POV
 
“Stupid .  Who the hell does she think she is?  How dare she talks to me like that?” Dara kept on rambling about what happened with her and Haeyoung.
 
Truth to be told, I didn’t expect Dara to do that.  If I knew Dara would make a big scene like that then I wouldn’t lie about Haeyoung not doing a good job with our wedding planning.  I just wanted to free Haeyoung.  I was a little mad at Dara for slapping Haeyoung.  I wanted to say something but if I did then things would’ve been worse for Haeyoung.  Haeyoung didn’t do anything wrong though.  But in the end, Haeyoung is finally free from me.  She won’t have to see me anymore and she won't be hurt because of me anymore.
 
“Just let it go.  She’s not worth your time.” I told her.
 
“I know that but I can’t help but hate that girl.  She’s so unprofessional.  She’s suppose to not say anything back and apologize to me!  I want an apology from her! Why did you even stop me from hitting her?”
 
“Because it would do you no good.  What’s the point of hitting her?  You won’t get any apology from her.” I told her.
 
“I will get an apology from her.  I always get what I want.” She told me.
 
What is she up to now?  Can’t she just leave Haeyoung alone?  We have nothing to do with Haeyoung anymore.
 
Haeyoung’s POV
 
It’s been a month since the whole thing with Dara and Jiyong.  Life went on and our company was still doing well.  One of our clients just got married last week and she thanked us for giving her a perfect wedding.  It made me feel good knowing that I made someone that happy.  Speaking of weddings, Jiyong didn’t send anyone to pick up their deposit yet.  I wonder if they forgot.  I heard a knock and Taeyang walked in.
 
“Hi. Jiyong sent me to pick up the deposit.” He told me and I didn’t say anything.
 
I handed him the check and he just grabbed it.  He thanked me and started walking towards the door but stopped.
 
“We should talk.” He told me. “Hear me out.”
 
“Fine.” I told him which caused him to be surprised. “Talk.”
 
“Here?”
 
“Follow me.” I told him and led him to the roof of our company. “Talk.”
 
“I know you’re mad at me and I don’t blame you.  I was one of your close friends and I didn’t even ask how you were doing after you two broke up.  I know that it seems like I chose Jiyong over you.  But I didn’t choose anyone.  It’s just because I didn’t know how to face you after what my best friend did to you.  I was too embarrassed.  That’s why I didn’t contact you.  I thought that you hated me too.”
 
“How could I hate you when you were one of my close friends?  I needed someone to talk to after we broke up.  I was waiting for you to come and talk to me since you were the only one who knew Jiyong really well.  But you’ve never came once.” I told him.
 
“And I’m sorry! Please just let me make it up to you.” 
 
“There’s nothing you can do to make it up to you.  I forgive you but we can’t be friends anymore.  It’s not that we can’t be friends but it’s that I don’t want to be friends with you.  I don’t want anything to do with you or Jiyong.  Just leave me alone from now on.  If you want to make it up to me, then leave me alone.” I told him.
 
“Fine. I’ll leave you alone form now on if that’s what you want. I’m sorry for everything Haeyoung ah.” He told me before leaving.
 
After the talk with Taeyang, I walked back into the office and Ri In was in the office reading a letter.  She looked sad and shocked.  
 
“What’s wrong with you?” I asked her.
 
“We’re in deep .” Ri In told me.
 
“What’s up?” I asked her. “What’s wrong?”
 
“Mr. Park decided not to sponsor us anymore.  Without him we won’t be able to run this company anymore!” Ri In told me.
 
Dara did this.  I know she’s behind this! 
 
“That’s not all either.” Ri In added.
 
“What else?” I asked her.
 
“Dara told everyone how unprofessional this place is and how it’s not a good place to go to plan your weddings.  It’s all over the news and internet and people actually believe her.  I checked our emails and a lot of our clients wants their deposit back.  What are we going to do now Haeyoung ah?” Ri In freaked out.
 
“That doesn’t make sense! How are we unprofessional?! She’s the unprofessional one!”
 
“What are we going to do?” Ri In started crying.
 
“I’ll think of something. Don’t worry. I promise you everything will be okay.” I told her and grabbed my things.
 
“Where are you going?” She called out after me.
 
“To fix things.” I said and ran out of the building.
 
I went to the one person who could fix it all.