CHAPTER ONE.

Bad Boy

 

“Haeyoung ah” I heard my coworker/best friend calling me.
 
“What?” I asked her.
 
“Did you hear about our new client?  I heard she’s very important and famous.” Jang Ri In told me.
 
“What do you mean important?” I asked her.
 
“Apparently she’s some famous fashion designer and her family owns like three different clothing companies in Korea!  They even have lines outside of Korea! Plus her dad is one of the sponsors for our company.” Ri In told me.
 
“I see.  And she wants us to plan her wedding?” I asked her.
 
“Yup.  She says she wants nothing but the best.” 
 
“What’s her name?”
 
“Dara Park.  Apparently, she’s a walking goddess.  Every man falls for her.” 
 
“Really?” I asked.
 
“Yup.  I heard that she has many suitors but she’s very picky. I’m surprised that she’s actually getting married.”
 
“I wonder who the guy is.”
 
“Same here. I want to see who the lucky guy she picked.” Ri In told me. “She’s coming by the office today.”
 
“Already?” I asked her.
 
“Yeah. She wants to start planning the wedding as soon as possible.”
 
“Great. Another wedding to plan.” I said sarcastically.
 
“It’s been a year Haeyoung ah.  Don’t tell me you’re not over that .”
 
“I am over him.  It’s just I’m no longer the same Haeyoung back then.  Planning weddings seems like a hassle now. I’m more bitter to be honest.” I sighed.
 
“Don’t let that change your views on marriage.  You’ll find that guy some day.” Ri In comforted me.  
 
“I guess.”
 
“Let’s give Dara the best wedding ever!” 
 
I didn’t say anything and just nodded my head at her.  I guess Ri In does have a point.  I shouldn’t let one break up make me bitter towards my views on wedding.  I should help Dara plan her dream wedding.  If I can’t have my dream wedding then I can help someone have theirs!  We heard a knock on the door and the door opened and it was the last person I expected to see: Kwon Jiyong.
 
Jiyong’s POV
 
I don’t even know why Dara wants Haeyoung to plan our wedding.  Sure Haeyoung’s the best wedding planner in Korea but she’s still my ex-girlfriend and it’d be cruel to make my ex-girlfriend plan my wedding.  I didn’t tell Dara that Haeyoung was my ex.  If Dara knew, then she’d kill Haeyoung.  Dara would be one of those crazy jealous girlfriends that can’t stand seeing their man talk with other girls especially their ex-girlfriends.  I knew this was cruel to Haeyoung but there’s nothing I can do.  Dara needed me to turn in our applications to Haeyoung’s company since she was busy doing errands with her mom.
 
I don’t know why but I was nervous to see Haeyoung.  It’s been exactly a year since I last saw her or talked to her.  The last time I saw her and talked to her was when we broke up.  I know I sound like a since I didn’t want to settle down with her.  I know we’ve been together for five years but not once have I loved her.  Sure I liked her a lot but I wasn’t so sure about the feeling love.  Haeyoung was a really nice girl but I couldn’t bring myself to love her.
 
I don’t know why though.  She was the perfect girl.  Any guy would die for a girl like Haeyoung but I didn’t see myself starting a brand new chapter with her.  I know I may sound heartless to throw away our five year relationship but I didn’t want to hurt her anymore.  I knew she was expected a commitment from me and I couldn’t give her that.  I didn’t want to drag this on any longer so that’s why I decided to let her go.
 
I got out of my car and headed towards Haeyoung’s company.  I walked slowly to the elevator.  My hands were sweating… why am I so nervous?  I shouldn’t be nervous since I was the one who broke it off with her.  I wonder how she is?  I wonder if she’s still working there.  Of course she is since the company is still named Moon & Jang Wedding Planners.  Does she hate me?  I wonder how she’s going to react when she sees me.  I walked out of the elevator and headed towards her office.  I knocked on the door and waited a few seconds until opening the door.  There she was: my ex-girlfriend.
 
Haeyoung’s POV
 
I can’t believe it’s Jiyong! What is he doing here?  I wanted to ask him that but nothing was coming out of my mouth.  Why am I so shocked to see him here?
 
“What are you doing here you ?” Ri In asked. 
 
Thank God that Ri In is here.
 
“Is that how you usually talk to your clients?” He asked her.
 
“Client my !  There’s no way we’re planning your wedding if you’re getting married.” Ri In glared at him.
 
“I wouldn’t be so sure about that.” He smirked at her and handed her a manila envelope.
 
Ri In took the envelope from him and opened it.  Her eyes opened wide.  What is going on?  Is Jiyong really getting married?
 
“You’re getting married to Dara Park?!” Ri In yelled.
 
“Yes. Why are you so surprised?” Jiyong answered her while smirking.
 
“N-nothing.” Ri In stuttered.
 
“Well my fiancé told me to give you the paper work and she wants to meet up with you guys next week.  So call her and set up an appointment.” He told us while looking at me.
 
Why couldn’t I say anything?  Is this some kind of cruel fate?  Did I do something in my past life to deserve this?  Is Jiyong really getting married?  How long has he known this girl for that he’s willing to get married?  What does this girl have that I don’t?  
 
“Well that’s all she told me to tell you guys so I’m heading out now.  It’s nice seeing you guys again and we’ll see each other again. Bye.” He said before leaving.
 
Right when he left I fell to the floor.
 
“Haeyoung ah! Are you okay?” Ri In ran over to me and supported me.
 
“Ri In ah? Is this some sort of bad nightmare?” I whispered.
 
“Haeyoung ah.” Ri In looked at me sadly.
 
“Is he really getting married?” I laughed sadly.  “He didn’t even want to marry me even though we’ve been together for five years.  He has been with this girl for under a year and yet he’s marrying her.  Is there something wrong with me?”
 
“There’s nothing wrong with you! You’re smart, beautiful, and kind.  He’s a for not seeing this.  He will regret not marrying you one day.  I promise you that Haeyoung ah.  Didn’t you say you were over him?  You shouldn’t care about that jerk anymore.  We don’t have to plan this wedding if you don’t want.” 
 
“How could he just ask me to plan his wedding?  Did I not mean anything to him?  How can he be so cruel?  What did I even do to him?  He acted like nothing ever happened between us.  Was that five years just a joke to him?  Why did I waste five years of my life for an like him?  Why didn’t I see it sooner?” I cried.
 
“Haeyoung ah. Don’t cry. He’s not worth it anymore.  He’s nothing to you now.  He’s a douche bag and karma will get him one day.  Don’t cry anymore.” Ri In hugged me.
 
I didn’t say anything and just cried onto her shoulders.  Just give me this one day to cry over Kwon Jiyong.  After today, I promise not to cry for a jack like him.  After today, I promise not to think of him anymore.  After today, I promise not to hurt over a guy like him.  And after today, I promise to forget Kwon Jiyong.