Another Secret Attraction? Part II

There are Always Misadventures within Secret Attractions

You were by yourself once more in the shop as you had sent Yongguk out again for some errands. You hummed to a tune as you scrolled through the list of orders on your computer.

 

Order: Moon Jongshin

Pick-up date: April 6th, 2013

 

You stared at the client’s name and smiled as you realized that it was Jongup’s father who had ordered another item. You already knew that Mr. Moon was already busy with his hectic work schedule, and that was the reason why he kept sending his son to pick up the purchase for him. You picked up your phone and dialed Jongup’s number.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hey, Jongup. It’s me, Jang Emi,” you greeted through the phone. “The owner of the antique shop that your father regularly buys from.”

 

“Oh! Hi Emi-ssi,” Jongup greeted. “How did you get my number?”

 

“You gave it to me the first time you came to the shop remember?” you reminded him. “You said to get a hold of you about your father’s purchases.”

 

“Oh right,” Jongup said, making you silently giggle at his forgetfulness.

 

“You father ordered another item and he said that he was going to pick it up today,” you told him as you went to the back to look for the item. “I know your father is always busy, so will you be able to pick it up today?”

 

“Hmmmm, I don’t think I can,” he said in a disappointed tone. “I’m a little busy at the moment to pick it up.”

 

“Oh... Would you like me to drop off the package for you then?” you offered as you didn’t want to delay your client in receiving the item he bought.

 

“Can you?” Jongup said with a hopeful tone.

 

“Of course,” you answered with a smile. “Just text me your address and I’ll drop it off for you.”

 

“Okay,” Jongup said cheerfully. “I’ll send it to you right away. Thank you so much Emi-ssi.”

 

“No problem,” you assured him. “I’ll see you later.”

 

You hung up the phone and quickly stuffed it in your pocket so you can take down the box from the storage room. Luckily the item Jongup’s father ordered was light enough for you to carry. As you set it down on the front desk and looked inside to make sure everything was in the right place, your phone vibrated in your pocket. You fished it out and saw the text that Jongup had told you he would send. You read the address and noticed that he didn’t live too far from the shop; only about 20 minutes away by walk. You stuffed your phone back into your pocket and began to seal the box shut. You usually let Yongguk do the deliveries for the client since he was strong enough (his werewolf strength), but since he was already busy with the errand you gave him, you were the one who had to deliver it. You quickly put on your jacket, left a note for Yongguk to tell him where you were, and head right out the door with the package at hand, locking the shop door behind you.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

“206... 206...” you mumbled to yourself as you looked at each door. “205... 206!”

 

You shifted the package in your arms in a more comfortable position and knocked on the door.

 

“Coming,” you heard Jongup’s voice from inside. His footsteps getting closer and closer to the door until...

 

“Emi-ssi!” Jonggup happily greeted as he swung the door open. You greeted him with your usual bright smile and showed him the package.

 

“Package delivery for one Mr. Moon,” you happily told him. He smiled and happily took the package from your hand.

 

“Thank you,” he said with a curt bow. “I’ve been so busy at home that I wasn’t able to step out.”

 

“It’s really no problem,” you reassured him. “I better get going. Bye Jongup.”

 

“Wait,” Jongup called out as you were about to leave. “Do you want something to drink? It’s the least I can do since you brought the package all the way here.”

 

You thought about it for a moment, and decided to take up his offer as you knew you were going to be bored in the shop without Yongguk. Jongup walked you into his apartment and showed you to his couch to sit on while he went off into his kitchen to get you a drink.

 

"Would you like tea, juice, or water?" He asked as he rummaged around his kitchen.

 

"Hmm juice would be nice," you answered. You looked around the living room and notice that there weren’t many furnitures in his apartment. Despite the lack of it, the place was still able to give off the comfortable and homely feeling.

 

"Your juice," you heard. You turned to be greeted by a glass of orange juice right in front of you.

 

"Thank you," you told Jongup as you took the glass from his hand, smiling at his with gratitude. He gave you his usual innocent smile and sat besides you with his own glass of juice in his hand. You took a sip and continue to look around his place.

 

"You have a nice place," you commented before taking another sip.

 

"My dad got it for a good deal,” he told you as he also took a moment to admire the place he lived in. “But he’s always away on his business trips to actually enjoy the place.”

 

You giggled and checked your wrist watch for the time. It was almost evening and you were pretty sure that Yongguk would be back at the shop if you leave Jongup’s place at the moment. You took one huge gulp and placed the half-drunken glass on the coffee table.

 

“I should get going,” you kindly told him as you started to get up from your seat. “I have a shop run.”

 

He nodded in understanding and placed his glass on the coffee table. You slowly made your way to the front door when you suddenly feel a little light headed. You shook the feeling off as you thought it was simply getting up from the couch a little too fast.

 

“It was really nice of you to stop by again, Emi-ssi,” Jongup thanked you as he followed behind you to you out. You nodded as you still try to fight off the odd feeling you were getting. As you reached out to get the door knob, the feeling began to feel overwhelming.

 

“I’ll... I’ll see you... again...” you finally whispered out before letting the odd feeling consume you. You felt yourself beginning to fall and felt someone catch you before meeting the hard impact of the floor. Your vision began to blur, but you were able to faintly outline Jongup’s figure.

 

“J-Jongup...’’ you whispered out his name. You felt his finger swipe you loose strand of hair aside before everything became black.

 

“It’s okay Emi-ssi,” Jongup whispered. “I’ll take care of you...”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

WOOT WOOT FINALLY FINISHED THIS CHAPTER!

I actually have a filler chapter finished, but i'll post that after this story arc XD

 

I caught you guys off guard with Jongup didn't I?

I always love twist in a character.

It's always the quiet ones that have the interesting characteristics~

 

UNTIL NEXT TIME~