Old Secret Attractions

There are Always Misadventures within Secret Attractions

*door chime*

“Welcome to our antique shop,” Yongguk greeted with little enthusiasm as he fold a small piece of scrap paper into what shape he could think of to keep him entertained. “if you touch and break, you have to pay for it.”

“Um, I’m actually looking for someone,” the young man said. “Is Jang Emi here by any chance?”

Yongguk’s ear twitched at the mention of your name as he looked up to see who would be interested in seeing his girlfriend. Especially if it was a man who is interested in his girlfriend.

“And to what business do you have with her?” Yongguk asked with a hint of protective tone.

“I just need to-“

“Yongguk, is there any problem out…” you began as you walked out from the back, your sentence falling short as your eyes widen in surprise. “… Here…”

“Emi-ah,” the guy called out your name with a smile.

“Daehyun-ah,” you whispered out his name as you stared at the man standing before you.

“Seems like you remember me,” he said with an approving smile. “It’s been a while hasn’t it?”

“Yeah it has…” you said as you slowly approached the counter, not noticing Yongguk’s stare of suspicion. You still try to process everything as you didn’t expect him to suddenly show up out of the blue.

“I see the shop finally got some help,” Daehyun commented as he eyed Yongguk. Your thought process broken at the mention of Yongguk and looked over at him to see a stern expression displayed on his face.

“Oh yeah, I guess I finally did, you said as you smiled at how much Yongguk has been a help ever since he came to the shop. “This is Bang Yongguk.”

“I’m her boyfriend,” Yongguk added as he crossed his arms across his chest, showing off his well-built biceps. You giggled at his action and his arm to calm him down a bit.

“Yongguk, this is Jung Daehyun,” you introduced formally. “He is an underclassman of mine from high school.”

Yongguk continue to eye Daehyun with suspicion as felt he like Daehyun had a little more history with you than a senior-junior relationship.

“What brought you here Daehyun?” you finally asked him.

“I was hoping you can help me get a certain item for my mother,” Daehyun answered. “She has been feeling a little ill.”

“Oh, well follow me to the back so we can discuss about your mother’s condition a little more,’ you told him as you motioned him to follow you. Daehyun nodded and began to follow you towards the back with Yongguk following you two closely behind him.

“Yongguk,” you called out his name as you turned around to give him a stern look. “You have to stay in the front to greet the customers.”

“But –“ he began but he noticed the expression on your face that screams for him to follow what you say. He let out a defeated sigh and turned around to make his way back to the front with his imaginary tail between his legs. You grinned and motioned Daehyun to continue following you to the back where you always take your guest to for a cup of tea.

“He listens well,” Daehyun commented with a bit of a chuckle. You showed him to his seat and walked over towards the cabinet for a pair of cups and tea.

“He does,” you said with a giggle as you finished setting the tea kettle on the stove. “But he can be very stubborn and protective sometimes.”

“But that’s a good thing,” he said as he watches you take a seat across from him. “You need an even competition in stubbornness anyways.”

“I’m not stubborn,” you told him as you gave him a pout.

“Whatever you say,” he said with a chuckle. “How’s your grandmother? Is she taking a day off for the day?”

“No. She passed away a two years ago,” you told him with a sad smile. “I’m the new owner of the shop.”

“I’m sorry to hear,” he said with a guilty expression. “I didn’t know.”

“It’s okay,” you assured him. “She passed away peacefully so you don’t have to be sorry. Plus, like you said, it has been a while since we last saw each other.”

“What is it like to be the new owner of the shop?” he asked.

“Quite well,” you replied with a happy smile. “Yongguk has been helpful with maintaining the shop. It definitely beats working here by myself.”

“If we were still dating, I would probably be helping you instead,” he commented with a chuckle.

“WHAT?!” you suddenly heard Yongguk yell out as the steam whistled from the tea kettle. You heard footsteps rush towards your direction and was greeted by Yongguk’s shocked expression. You stared at Yongguk with shocked expression as well, not sure what to tell him. Daehyun turned to look at Yongguk and grinned.

“I’m Jung Daehyun,” he reintroduced himself. “Jang Emi’s first love.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I feel like I need to finish this story first before I could finish all my other stories.

I gotten such great review from this one that I feel like I should focus on this more and complete it soon before finishing all my other stories.

BUT YEP HERE DAEHYUNNIE!!!

But there is more to Daehyun than just being your first love dearies ;3

BUT I'LL REVEAL IT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!

UNTIL THEN :D