Old Secret Attractions Pt. 3

There are Always Misadventures within Secret Attractions

I'll fix any mistakes later on :)

 

“Hey do you think that’s her?”

“I think it is…”

“Do you really think they are dating?”

“There’s no way they would be… she’s not even that pretty.”

“Yeah, but it definitely look like they are.”

“Pft… like oppa would actually date her…”

 

Whispers and gossip filled the air, but you were distracted by the happy thoughts of getting your favorite dessert. You lifted up your grocery bags and smiled brightly as you couldn’t wait to eat it after dinner. Of course you were not selfish as you remembered Yongguk too as you also got him his favorite dessert too. As you reached the front door of your shop, you readjust the bags in your hands to make your entrance possible, only to jolt up in surprise when you heard a sudden bang near the side of your face. You looked up to see an egg splatter all over the door glass. You quickly turned around to see who the culprit was, only to miss the sight of them by just a second as all you could hear were their footsteps.

“Aishh…” you grumbled as you wondered why a person would do such thing.

“Hey, I heard something,” you heard Yongguk greeted as entered the shop. “Did something happen?”

“Yeah, some person threw an egg at the shop,” you informed him as you placed the bags on the floor. Yongguk looked at the front door behind you and furrowed his eyebrows at the sight of the mess displayed on the door.

“I’ll get a towel and clean that up,” Yongguk offered, making his way towards the back of the shop.

“Thank you,” you shouted out as you picked up the bag that contained the delicious dessert and made your way towards the back. “I got your favorite dessert~”

“You did?” Yongguk said as he suddenly appeared in front of you with a small damp towel in his hand.

“Yep~” you chimed as you flashed him an accomplished smile. He flashed you a grin as he wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you close to him.

“Why thank you babe,” Yongguk said as he gently pressed his forehead on yours. He leaned in to kiss you, but you pushed him away before he could.

“The back of my shirt is wet now…” you complained as you felt a small wet spot on your shirt. Yongguk looked at you with confusion before realizing he had the damp towel in his hand.

“Sorry,” he apologized with a guilty grin before going off to clean the front door. You took the time to put away your grocery when you suddenly heard your phone ring. You fished out your phone as you made your way towards the front of the shop. You grinned at the name of the caller and click to answer your phone.

“Hey Daehyun,” you greeted the caller as you leaned on the countertop, watching Yongguk clean the door, making sure it was completely clean. “What’s up?”

“Where are you?”

“I’m at the shop,” you answered as you smiled at Yongguk’s cleaning effort.

“Good.”

Your eyebrows furrowed in confusion at his comment.

“What’s wrong?” you asked as you felt like something was off.

“I’ll come over and explain it to you. Just stay in the shop alright?”

“Okay…” you told him as you continue to wonder what exactly is going on that Daehyun advise you to stay in the shop.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

“MWOH?” you and Yongguk shouted out in disbelief. Daehyun and his manager were sitting across from you and Yongguk with a concern expression on their face. Apparently, someone had taken pictures of you and Daehyun holding hands on the lunch day you, Yongguk and Daehyun had shared. The pictures of you and Daehyun was plastered all over the front page of the newspaper and the top-searched topic on the internet. To make matters worse, someone had dug up old pictures of you and Daehyun when you both were still a couple. Now the whole situation had blown out of proportion.

“I swear I didn’t know it was going to be like this,” Daehyun told you as he felt guilty of the matter. “I took every precaution when we went out that day, I didn’t think they would make a story out of it when Yongguk was in the bathroom.”

You stared at the newspaper in front of you, still bewildered about the whole situation. It would explain why your shop door was egged.

“Can’t we just say that you both are not dating each other?” Yongguk asked as he doesn’t like the idea of his girlfriend being plastered all over the media of being with another guy.

“It’s not that simple,” Daehyun said.

“The fact that Daehyun and Emi-ssi had dated in the past makes the situation more complicated than it is,” his manager stepped into explain. “Fans and netizens speculates either the denial of the scandal is a cover up, or that the two decided to reunite after the break up.”

You let out a sigh as the situation will take a toll on everyone. Daehyun’s career; your business; and possibly your relationship with Yongguk.

“We will release an official statement regarding the matter,” Daehyun’s manager told you. “Daehyun will also release a statement regarding the matter as well at his drama press conference next week. Hopefully it will ease the matter.”

“I’m sorry, Emi-ah,” Daehyun apologized. “I didn’t mean for you to get dragged in like this.”

You gave Daehyun a weak smile and leaned on Yongguk shoulder as you couldn’t think of a response to the matter.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It has been a week since the scandal broke out and the matter still haven’t died down. The scandal seem to have taken somewhat of a positive effect on you as it brought a few more customers to the shop… and a few egg thrown at it by Daehyun’s die-hard fans. Yongguk didn’t allow you to take a step out of the apartment alone as he was worried that you may get attacked by Daehyun’s fans. He made sure that he was always with you in the shop. As for usual outdoor errand, Yongguk took care of it as you sat in the back of the shop from outside view. You thought it was a little too much, but seeing how a fan walked in and verbally harassed you, you couldn’t help but obey Yongguk’s order.

“EMIII~” you heard a familiar voice call out your name. You walked to the front cautiously, only to sigh in relief at the sight of Himchan outside your shop door. You quickly walked over towards the door and unlock it, letting Himchan inside. You were about to greet him but only cut off with a smothering hug.

“Emi-ah~” Himchan cooed out your name as he hugged you like a little baby. You pat on his arm in hopes that he calm down a bit and loosen up. He quickly let go and held your head in his hands as he stared intensely into your eyes.

“Are you okay?” Himchan asked you with worry. “I heard about your little dating scandal and was worried about those rabid fangirls harming my poor little Emi.”

“I’m okay,” you assured him as you gripped his hand away from your face. “Just on a bit of a house arrest.”

“As long as you’re safe,” Himchan said with relief. You shook your head at Himchan’s over exaggerated reaction.

“”What are you doing here vampire?” you heard Yongguk’s voice. You peeked behind Himchan and was greeted by Yongguk’s irritated expression.

“I’m here to check on my Emi,” Himchan chirped. “I was worried about my precious baby and decided to visit to make sure she was safe.”

“She’s fine,” Yongguk told Himchan as he passed him and engulfed you into his usual welcome back hug. “You can go now.”

“She’s not fine!” HImchan argued. “It’s your fault that she has to go through such situation.”

“Hey! I had to use the bathroom okay!” Yongguk argued back. “I didn’t think this would happen when I was on a 5 minute bathroom break.”

“Yeah, you didn’t think,” Himchan told him. “You should’ve just held it in.”

Yongguk was about to charge at Himchan when you stepped in front of him before he could.

“What did you come here for besides checking up on me and irritating Yongguk?” you asked him.

“Well,” Himchan began. “Seeing the situation that you are in, I thought I could offer you my assistance.”

You raised your eyebrows at his sudden offer as you thought it was uncommon for a vampire like him to do so. He was always the con-artist type of vampire; charming anyone in his path to get what he wants. If he was a politician, he would be the top in the world. Luckily for the world, he rather work in the shadows despite his little charm stone that allow him to be out in the sun.

Wait… he can charm anyone…

“Please tell me that the assistance you speak of is helping me out around the shop,” you asked him hoping he is not offering what you think he was offering. Himchan gave you a grin of innocence though behind all of it is full of mischievous thoughts.

“I’m going to suspect that you know exactly what I’m offering,” Himchan told you. You thought about the offer for a bit, seeing how it can completely get you out of this situation that you were in.

“What are you guys talking about?” Yongguk asked with slight worry as he could sense how torn you were by what Himchan said.

“Himchan can help fix this whole scandal thing with Daehyun,” you informed Yongguk.

“I can go to Daehyun’s press conference and simply glamour the people and media that there is nothing between Daehyun and Emi,” Himchan explained. Yongguk eyes shined with hope while your eyes were filled with suspicion.

“That’s perfect!” Yongguk exclaimed. “Everything will be solved!”

“But there’s a catch,” you piped up. “I know Himchan, and there is always a catch with him.”

“You know me so well my dear little witch,” Himchan chimed. “You always know everything comes with a price.”

“But your price only benefits you,” you corrected him as his pricing system was completely different from yours.

“So what’s the price?” Yongguk asked cautiously. Himchan smirked and slowly approached you.

“Well it’s more of a reward,” Himchan said leaning in towards your face. “And this reward is that you give me a kiss.”

“MWOH!” Yongguk exclaimed.

“Oh and on the lips,” Himchan said as Yongguk pulled you away from Himchan. “I forgot to add that little detail.”

“To hell you are going to kiss Emi,” Yongguk said as he hugged you protectively. “Right Emi?”

“Yongguk…” you began as you thought about the situation that you were in. You knew these kind of scandal would take forever to get over, and your business nor Daehyun’s career could take any more of the situation. Your business was slowly dying, and Daehyun was losing his fanbase. Daehyun worked so hard to get where he was, and your grandmother worked hard to keep this business alive. It was the only thing you had left of her.

“My offer has a time limit you know,” Himchan informed. Before Yongguk can get a word in…

“Fine,” you relunctantly agreed to his offer. “But only a peck.”

“I’m sure my good deed is worth far more than that,” Himchan said. “10 seconds.”

“3 seconds,” you bargained.

“7,” he proposed.

“3.”

“5.”

“3.”

“Make-out session.”

“How the hell did you get to that?” you looked at him bewildered.

“Thought it was worth the shot,” Himchan answered with a shrug.

“3 seconds and that is my final offer,” you told him with your arms crossed. You both shared a stare down for a moment, waiting for one or the other to budge.

“Fine,” Himchan said with a sigh. “I was hoping you would take 5 seconds at the least. You are definitely her granddaughter.”

You let out a smirk of triumph as you definitely inherit your grandmother’s stubbornness.

“You’re seriously going to kiss him?” Yongguk asked you as he stared at you sadness. He did not like the idea of the erted vampire kissing you. He could accept that fact that you are still friends with your first love since he became friends with him, but you kissing Himchan… definitely not able to wrap his mind around the idea.

“Yongguk, it’s only a 3 second kiss,” you remind him. “You can time it if it makes you feel better.”

Yongguk had a bit of a sullen pout as he couldn’t believe that you would take such an offer. You sighed and wrapped your arms around his waist, nuzzling your head into his chest.

“I’ll make it up to you,” you told him. He looked at you with sad puppy dog eyes (no puns intended), wondering how you would. You sneakly slid your hand down and gave his bottom a light squeeze.

“I will definitely make it up to you,” you told him again, hoping he got your offer. He contemplated a bit and sighed.

“Fine,” he finally gave in. “But I get to have majority say.”

You smirked and gave him a loving hug, which he was more than happy to return it to you.

“I’m still here you know,” Himchan reminded you two.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Daehyun-ssi, can you further explain your relationship with Jang Emi!”

Daehyun looked out in the crowd, thoughts filled with annoyance.

“We both are just friends,” Daehyun explained. “I was running an errand for my mother, and she specifically request to buy from that shop. We both decided to have lunch together with her boyfriend to catch up.”

“Based on the picture, it was only the two of you!”

“Yes it does look like it, but I assure you, her boyfriend was with us as well,” Daehyun explained. “He happen to step away for a bit.”

“How can we know for sure that that man was her boyfriend?! It was reported that the two of you were holding hands intimately. Other sources tells us that you two have dated in the past as well.”

“I would like to repeat that Jang Emi and I are not dating,” Daehyun further informed. “We are just friends.”

“But how can we know that for sure?”

“I can assure you again, we are just friends,” Daehyun insisted. “Can we discuss more about the new drama?”

“Are you trying to change the subject to further hide your dating secret?”

Daehyun began to feel frustrated as he couldn’t deal with the situation anymore. No matter how many times he explains himself, the media find a way to make the scandal worse than it is. He peer over at his fellow drama actor and actress, feeling guilty that the drama press conference is becoming more about his dating scandal.

“Everyone can rest assure that Daehyun and Jang Emi are just friend as he has explained to you all,” Himchan announced in Daehyun’s microphone. Daehyun flinched at Himchan’s sudden appearance behind him, staring at him with confusion like everyone else in the room.

“And who are you?”

“I am Daehyun and Jang Emi’s good friend, as well as Daehyun’s PR,” Himchan stated as he pat Daehyun on the shoulder. “I can surely vouch that the two are just merely friends and nothing more.”

“How can we know that you just here to cover up their dating relationship?”

“Like I and Daehyun said,” Himchan began, as he started to eye the audience and the rolling cameras a little differently. “This whole situation is blown out of proportion and the two are just merely friends.”

The room fell silent as the questioning of the situation seized.

“Jung Daehyun and Jang Emi are just close friend meeting up for lunch,” Himchan continue to state, glamouring the people the room. “The two was accompany by Jang Emi’s boyfriend. The picture was taken when Emi’s boyfriend was not around at the time, causing a huge misunderstanding. Is this statement clear enough?”

“Yes…” the reporters dazely answered.

“Good,” Himchan chimed, ending his glamour. “I hope you guys will support and enjoy Jung Daehyun’s new drama.”

Himchan placed the microphone on the table and pat Daehyun’s shoulder.

“Thank you?” Daehyun thanked him, still wondering who Himchan was. Himchan smirked and leaned in to Daehyun’s ear.

“Thank Emi,” Himchan whispered. “She’s in the back of the conference room.”

Daehyun ear twitched at the sound of your name and quickly scan the room. He smiled when he finally spotted you as your arms were linked with Yongguk. You waved hello with a smile and mouthed “Good Luck” with a thumbs up. Daehyun nodded and turned towards Himchan to thank him again, only to stare in confusion as the spot was empty. He scanned the area once again wonder where Himchan disappeared to, only to see him standing next to you. He smiled and took a deep breath to focus on the press conference once more, with a burden off his shoulder.

“So when do I get my kiss?” Himchan asked with eagerness. You peered over at Himchan and giggled as you could tell that he was practically bouncing up and down with excitement mentally.

“Later on,” you informed him.

“Why not now?” Himchan asked with his eyebrows furrowed with disappointment.

“Because I said so,” you told him as you didn’t want to kiss in a room full of cameras, just minutes after you little scandal recovery.

“Oh come on,” Himchan pestered.

“No.”

“Please.”

“No.”

“Plea-“ he was about to beg again, but you quickly gave him a glare, signing that you were not in the mood.

“Fine… later on…” Himchan gave in with a pout.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ENCANTADO

In Portugese, it is translated as "enchanted one"

There wasn't much information about them, but they are supernatural creatures in the Brazilian mythology.

They are usually male and are able to shapeshift from snakes or dolphins to human.

The reason why I chose this creature for Daehyun is because it has superior musical abilities.

It was kinda hard to decide on a supernatural creature to match him because I wanted to find one outside of the Asian folklores.

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter.

I know it was long and the ending was a little... eh but i did my best :)