Ch. 6- Unwanted Attention

The Instincts of Love

Myungsoo's POV:

" Myungsoo, wake up! We are going to be late for school!"

I looked at my alarm clock and noticed it was 7:30! My first class starts early and I need time to make myself look good. First, I went to brush my teeth, wash my face, and style my hair. Then I threw on a plaid shirt, wore a light sweater on top of it, skinny jeans, and my black combat boots. I ran down to the kitchen where my brothers and Woohyun-hyung were eating breakfast. My parents must have went to work early again today because I don't see them. When I got down to the kitchen, I could sense the tense atmosphere between Sunggyu-hyung and Woohyun-hyung. Though it is like that everyday so it doesn't matter anymore. Sunggyu-hyung looks better, and isn't as pale like yesterday. I went to sit next to Sungjong who is silently eating his cereal. Yeah, just because we are werewolves doesn't mean we can't eat normal human food. I nudged Sungjong's side which got me a slap on the arm.

" What is wrong with them this morning?" Sungjong sighed and took another bite of his cereal before he answered.

" Sunggyu-hyung refused to take pain relievers from Woohyun-hyung this morning. You know how they are."

" That's true. Is Sunggyu-hyung feeling better?"

" He told me he is fine. Lets not worry about it as much. Sunggyu-hyung would get mad at us if we worried about him all the time." I nodded in agreement. I poured myself a bowl of cereal, and then realized I had less time to get to school. As quickly as I could without choking myself, I scarffed down my cereal. I put my bowl in the sink and grabbed my backpack from the living room. Then I grabbed the car keys and waited at the door for Sungjong.

" Sungjong, hurry up!"

" I'm coming hyung!" I was about to tell him to run a bit faster, but the my head started to hurt. An image of falling snow flashed in my mind. i had to clench my head from the searing pain.

" Myungsoo-hyung, are you okay?" I felt Sungjong's hands on my shoulders. The pain in my head dissipated, and I could finally let go of my head.

" Yeah, I'm fine now. Lets go."

" O-Okay."

" Bye Sunggyu-hyung! Bye Woohyun-hyung!"

Sungjong and I got into the car. We drove to the university, and parked way in the back. I parked my car way up in the front that way there is a shorter distance to the classroom. Sungjong is lucky that he has at least thirty more minutes until his class starts. We went our separate ways. I was running to class right when I bumped into somebody. We both fell to the ground, and dang did my hurt. I was about to yell at the person, but then I realized the person I bumped into was Sungyeol-sshi.

" I-I'm very sorry! I didn't--"

Our eyes locked onto each other when he turned his head to me. It was as if time stopped itself. There was only Sungyeol and I right now, and this feeling that is bubbling in my chest feels so familiar...and warm. An image of falling snow flashed in my head again, but this time my head doesn't hurt. The feeling in my head felt more calm and inviting than anything else. Even if I were to think of pain or anything bad, it would disappear in a second. I could tell there is a connection between the two of us, but I'm afraid to find out what it is. If either of us were to approach it then would it lead to a disaster or happiness? That is what I'm most afraid of. For some reason I don't want him to get hurt.

" Sungyeol-hyung!" The voice snapped us out of our trance, and we both got up from the floor. I dusted off my pants even though there was barely anything on them. When I looked up he was doing the same thing but a little bit too obvious.

" Sungyeol-hyung, what were you doing on the floor?"

" I-I bumped into somebody."

" Sheesh hyung! Be more careful next time! Oh I'm sorry! I didn't notice you there! My name is Chanyeol and I'm Sungyeol-hyung's little brother. This person next to me is Baekhyun-hyung and we are best friends." He held out his hand for me to shake and I shook it. I didn't want to appear rude especially in front of somebody I don't know. Then I looked at the person next to him: his body stiffened. I held out my hand for him to shake which he did.

" Hello my name is Kim Myungsoo. It's nice to meet you Chanyeol-sshi and Baekhyun-sshi."

" Oh please drop the formalities! You can just call me Chanyeol and call him Baekhyun. Is that alright with you Baekhyun-hyung?" I looked towards Baekhyun-sshi and he nodded his head without making eye contact. I looked back at Chanyeol-sshi and smiled.

" Then please call me Myungsoo-hyung."

" Okay Myungsoo-hyung! Well, we better get going Baekhyun-hyung or we might be late for class!" The two of them left in a flash. They left me surprised, especially Chanyeol, as they ran to their class very fast.

" Sorry about that. My brother is quite hyper all the time." I looked back at Sungyeol-sshi who looked a bit embarrassed from his brother. At least he has a brother that isn't always down in the dumps.

" No, it's alright. I can tell he is a good person. Also we should probably get to class now." His eyes widened and all of a sudden he grabbed my hand.

" W-What are you doing?"

" Just shut up and run with me! Do you want to be late too?" I didn't say anything back to him. I can tell one thing these two brothers have in common: they like to drag the other person and run like a cheetah.

We barely made it to class, and we immediately let go of each other's hands. My cheeks were a little bit warm from the contact of our hands, but I quickly shook the feeling away. These sort of feelings: I shouldn't be having them especially towards a human. Sungyeol-sshi and I went at the back corner since we were the last students to come in. I wasn't very happy either to sit next to him. I thought after the incident from the first time would separate us but it doesn't seem like it. It just made us even closer than before. Everything that has happened to Sungyeol-sshi it is either me or my friends and family that helps him out. If this continues on then I don't know what to do. I just can't reveal myself in front of him! He would probably go crazy and yelling his balls off if he saw me...transform. 

It probably wouldn't happen right? After all, we just met so nothing bad could happen...right?

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

The class finally ended, and towards the middle of the lecture, Sungyeol-sshi fell alseep. Luckily, the professor didn't see him sleeping or else he could have been in trouble. At least the class number is pretty big which means it's harder to watch every student. Also it helped that he doesn't snore or make any weird noises when he sleeps. Though, he does look pretty cute when he sleeps.

Kim Myungsoo! What are you thinking! Don't think of those thoughts! It's bad for you! Bad for you!

" M-Myungsoo-sshi, what are you d-doing?" I realized that I was hitting myself, and the Sungyeol was rubbing his eyes cutely as he woke up. I looked away from him and stood up.

" N-Nothing. Now wake up or else you will be late for your next class."

He got up from his seat and walked right pass me. Not even a goodbye slipped from his lips. He just walked right pass me without saying anything. I think that he should be grateful that I woke him up. Oh wait, he woke up by himself. Besides that, I think he should have said something to me! A simple ' bye' would have done it. At least look at me when you leave. Ugh! What is with me these days?! I have to throw out these thoughts and feelings before they become overwhelming.

I walked out of the classroom, and then at the same time I saw Sunggyu-hyung walking in the hallway with Woohyun-hyung. Of course those two didn't say one word to each other. I swear just them walking in the hallways makes the whole campus feel suffocating. There is nothing I can do but watch. This is a problem between the two of them that should have ended a long time ago.

As I was going to get get a snack, Hyuna decided to block my way. I pushed her since she wasn't moving, and I felt her midnight black eyes on me. I forced away the feeling by making my eyes turn red. I know I shouldn't be doing this during school, but this is the only way to make her back off. When I finally felt her eyes get off of me, I went to the café in the campus. Luckily, there weren't a lot of people waiting in line. I quickly got myself a cup of black coffee and a chocolate chip cookie. I walked to the small garden and sat on the edge of the fountain.

I hope nothing or nobody will bother me here. I really need my space and quiet time.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sungyeol's POV:
 

I was on my way to my next class because I didn't want to make the same mistake of barely making it to class. The way to my next class means that I have to pass through the small garden. Though when I got there I wasn't very happy. A certain person was sitting on the edge of the fountain happily eating his cookie and drinking whatever he was drinking. I decided to just pass him and ignore him like I did before. It wasn't like he is going to notice me passing by. HIs eyes are closed and he is busy eating his cookie. It's quite funny because each time he takes a bite he smiles as if it is the best tihing in the world. Which I wouldn't disagree for the most part since the cafés cookies are ridicuously good. Apart from that, I just have to pass by him without him noticing.

Step by step I walked towards the garden. I got closer and closer to him. His eyes are still close which is a good sign, but then that all disappears when I trip over my own feet. I waited for the impact of my body to hit the ground to come, but there was nothing. Instead I felt my body wrapped in arms that felt a bit familiar and safe. I opened my eyes to see Myungsoo-sshi holding onto me. In his other hand was his cup of coffee and he had his cookie in his mouth. All of a sudden he dropped onto the ground and took out his cookie from his mouth.

" Be more careful you clumsy person." I sneered at him. He could have at least helped me get up but no his cookie is more important! I got up myself and dusted off my pants.

" Whatever. And don't call me clumsy you...you...y-you..."

" Yes?"

" Y-You... Awkward mean cookie!"

I ran as fast as possible to my class. The whole time running there, I felt my heart beating faster and my cheeks getting weirdly hot. When I got to my class, I had to take a few deep breaths or else I feel like I would have fainted. I went to sit at the back corner as usual. I hit myself in the head when I realized that I have Literature with Myungsoo-sshi too.

You know what! I'm just going to drop the formalities and call him Myungsoo! It doesn't matter anymore!

" Sungyeol-sshi, what are you doing?" I turned my head around to see him standing in front of me sipping his coffee. Then I noticed that my hand is in a fist and is in the air. I immediately pull it back down and look away.

" I was doing n-nothing. W-What do you want?" Oh great Sungyeol! You just had to stutter huh?

" I want us to drop the formalities." I whip my head back at him with a shock face.

" What?!"

" I said we should drop the formalities. I call you Sungyeol and you can call me Myungsoo. I think it feels awkward calling you Sungyeol-sshi."

" O-Oh... Okay. I was thinking the same thing too."

" Sounds good then. Oh yeah, here you go. I noticed that your body felt awfully cold." He placed a cup in front of me. I slowly took it and took off the cap. I looked at the contents of and it was coffee. Myungsoo-sshi, I mean Myungsoo, was looking at me waiting for me to take a sip. I quickly took a sip and regretted it because I burnt my tongue.

" Idiot. Who told you to drink coffee like that?"

" Whatever! Go to your seat." He didn't move, though.

" This is my seat from now on."

" Y-You- Ugh! Whatever! You can do whatever you want now. Just don't bother me." I heard him chuckle. A simple chuckle made my heart flutter a little bit. Only a little bit.

" Thank you."

Myungsoo sat next to me for the rest of the class. Even though there were plenty of other seats he decided to sit next to me. He probably just wants to bother me. I don't understand why he is paying attention to me. If I'm correct, he did say he didn't want either of us to meet again. Myungsoo is obivously contracting his words with his actions! If he isn't going to stick to his words then he shouldn't have said anything. I haven't done anything to deserve this sort of attention from him. Actually, I don't want this at all. He is just playing around with me.

I wish he would just leave me alone.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

My last class finally ended, but I had to wait a little bit longer for Chanyeol and Baekhyun to finish. So where else would I go? The library of course! I made my way to the library when I saw Sungjong-sshi being surrounded my a group of people. Before I knew it, the people were throwing punches and kicks at Sungjong-sshi. My body moved on its own to him. I pushed away the people and leaned down towards Sungjong-sshi. There were a few scratches and bruises on his face and on his arms. I looked back up at the group of people, and it seemed like they weren't too happy about me interfering. 

" What are you guys doing to him?! He hasn't done anything to you!" The guy in the middle stepped foward to me. He leaned down to my level and harshly grabbed my chin.

" Well, well, well. What do we have here? Trying to stand up for your friend?" I slapped his hand away and pushed him. It caused him to land on his , and also made him mad at me. Before I knew it, I took Sungjong-sshi's hand and booked it out of there. I could hear them yelling at me and their footsteps getting louder.

Sungjong-sshi and I kept on running around the campus. Though no matter how much we ran, I felt like they kept on getting closer and closer. By now I was getting really tired and out of breath. I don't know why they are after Sungjong-sshi. There must be something going on, but I don't know it. Sungjong-sshi does seem scared. I don't fully believe it, though. It's as if there is another meaning behind his fear. I want to unmask it, but right now the problem is getting away from them and somewhere a bit safer. The only place I could think of is the library because who would want to fight in a library, right? When Sungjong-sshi and I got to the library we hid ourselves in the back. I peeked a few times to make sure they weren't around. After a few minutes it seemed like the coast was clear.

" Sungjong-sshi, I think we are safe now."

" T-Thank you, Sungyeol-sshi. How can I repay you back?" I shook my head at him. I didn't want him to have a debt towards me.

" It's okay. Just get home safely." He bowed to me and gave me a quick hug.

" Thank you again. You take care of yourself too."

He ran out of the library and I followed him making sure that those people didn't jump him. When I made sure he was safe, I ran out of the library too. As I got to my car I saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun standing next it. They noticed me running and were worried as ever.

" Sungyeol-hyung, where were you?" Chanyeol took my backpack from me and threw it in the back seat as I opened the car door.

" I had to finish up some business. Lets go home."

I drove Baekhyun home first before I drove home. From the mirror I could see Chanyeol's disappointed face when Baekhyun had to leave. I had to hold in my laughter and tried not to tease Chanyeol about it. We got home in about twenty minutes since I was speeding. Hey don't blame me. After what just happened now: I want to go home and lay in my bed. My parents weren't home from work which left Chanyeol and I alone for dinner. I told him to order us pizza and didn't matter what kind. I went straight to my bedroom and changed into more comfortable clothes. Then I laid in my bed and shut my eyes for a few minutes.

A short nap won't be too bad.

------------------------------------------------------------

 

" Sungyeol-hyung! Pizza is here?" I groggily rubbed my eyes and noticed that I slept longer than I wanted to. I just shrugged my shoulders at the thought and was about to go downstairs until a glow caught me eye. I turned around and saw my drawer emitting a red glow. Slowly, I walked towards it and opened the drawer. Inside was the red book with the gold inscriptions that I forgot that I put in the drawer. I must have not been thinking because I took out the book without caring what would happen. I opened the book, and all of a sudden black lettering started to appear on the once empty pages.

This book can only be read on a full moon. Those who are able to read this must have connections to it whatever it may be. Nobody can read it if it isn't read on a full moon. There are also hidden pages but they are only read on certain phases of the moon. Within these pages contain the past, present, and maybe the future. Read it at you own risk, but let me warn you one more thing... Your fate may change if this book is read.

" W-What's with this book? Should I keep on reading?"

" Sungyeol-hyung! What is taking you so long to come downstairs? Are you doing something bad in your bedroom?" I glared at my door even though it wasn't Chanyeol.

" Shut up Chanyeol! I'm coming down right now!" I placed the book down and closed it.

I guess I will have to read it after dinner.

 

 

 

(A/N: Hey everybody! I finally updated! I would like to thank you for reading, suscribing, and commenting ( even though there aren't much, but that's okay! :) ) Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter! Maybe an update tomorrow? Maybe... P.S. sorry if there are any mistakes. I'm feeling a bit too tired and lazy to proofread it.)