Ch. 15- You're Happy, I'm Happy

The Instincts of Love

Sungyeol's POV:

" Sungyeol-sshi, please wake up. You have to go to school." I pulled away from the person's hand and snuggled deeper into the blanket.

" Just give me five more minutes mom."

" Um, I'm not your mom. Sungyeol-sshi, you aren't at your place. You are still at my home."

My eyes flew open and I was about to get off the bed but I was held down. The thing holding me down was Myungsoo's arm my waist. I was really close to his chest too, but his heartbeat calmed down mine. I kind of wanted to stay here a bit longer but I realized there was someone else here too. I carefully lifted Myungsoo's arm off of me and placed it on his side. Then I got off the bed and made sure Myungsoo was tucked in afterwards. Also I went to the other side to check if his back was okay. There weren't any blood seeping out so that has to be a good sign.

" He will be fine. Myungsoo is strong. He just needs a bit more rest. You, on the other hand, I have to bring you to school."

I took my eyes off to see Sunggyu-sshi leaning against the door with his arms crossed. There were bruises on his fasce but they were very faint. He must have put cover up on himself because it looks like he is already healed up. I nodded at what he said, but I didn't want to leave. What if Myungsoo needed someone to take care of him but nobody is here? What if he needs...me?

Out of nowhere clothes were thrown at me landing right on my head covering my face. I took them off and noticed that these clothes aren't mine.

" Those are Myungsoo's clothes. I don't think he would mind if you borrowed his clothes. Also you two are pretty close in height so it should be fine. I will be down in the kitchen eating. Don't worry about your backpack either. Sungjong went to retrieve your backpack too. Well, come downstairs after washing up."

" T-Thank you!" I bowed to Sunggyu-sshi as he left. I straightened myself out and went to the bathroom. I remember Sungjong telling me where it was yesterday which is at the end of the hallway.

I entered the bathroom to see a towel and toothbrush for me to use. I smiled to myself at how thoughtful they were. They didn't have to but they still did. I want to thank them somehow but I don't know what. I guess I will have to find that out later.

Since there wasn't much time left till my first class starts, I hastily took off my clothes and jumped into the shower. I put it on hot even if it might burn my skin. Just the memories of what happened yesterday are like imprinted into my body. Seeing Myungsoo get hurt like that made me feel useless because I wasn't able to do anything. I wanted to be able to do something but I'm just a mere...human. But I don't regret last night's memories. Myungsoo seemed better too which made me feel relieved. I don't think I would be able to live if he was severely injured.

After I got out of the shower, brushed my teeth, and dried my hair, I put on Myungsoo's clothes. His clothes were a bit short but they will do. I'm a bit surprised with these clothes too because I don't think I have ever seen them. Like seriously. I realized that he does wear a lot of dark colors like black. Mostly black though.

Anyways, I went downstairs to the kitchen to find Sunggyu-sshi. While I down there, the smell of pancakes wafted through the air. There they were on the dining table: a stack of chocolate chip pancakes waiting to be eaten.

" You feeling better, Sungyeol-hyung?" I whirled around where I was standing and wiped away the drool.

" O-Oh, Sungjong! I didn't notice you were there! And yes I'm feeling much better. How about you?"

" I'm doing well. My injuries healed up. How is Myungsoo-hyung? I haven't checked up on him yet."

" There wasn't any blood seeping out from the bandages so I think he is better. Well, I hope he is." Sungjong handed me a plate as we sat down at the table.

" That's good. I'm sure he will be better by tomorrow. I'm suprised he went through that much for you. I'm not making it a bad thing, but I really am surprised. I haven't seen Myungsoo-hyung get injured that badly for someone, especially a human. I guess you must be really important to him."

I thought about it too. We did establish we are friends so that must be why he wanted to protect me. I'm still grateful to him. If it weren't for him I would probably be dead by now. I shivered at the thought of my body cold and lying there on the ground. Just the thought of it made me want to puke.

" We are friends now, and friends are always there for each other, right?" Sungjong looked up from his plate of pancakes and nodded with a smile.

" Yeah, you're right. You're our friend so we have to be there for each other. Which reminds me, you should have Sunggyu-hyung bring you back here after classes. I'm pretty sure Myungsoo wants to see you before you go back home. Also I know you want to see him too."

" I-It's only because I want to make sure he is okay!" I hid my face behind my hands and groaned.

" Uh-huh. Whatever you say Sungyeol-hyung-- Oh! Sunggyu-hyung, aren't you going to breakfast?" I took my hands off my face and grabbed my fork and knife. I silently watched as Sunggyu-sshi took a bottle of water out of the fridge and put it in his backpack.

" No, I already had a bowl of cereal."

" Liar. I know you didn't have breakfast because I don't see any bowl and spoon in the sink."

" Sungjong, I'm just not hungry. Right now my body can't take in any food." Sungjong sighed at Sunggyu-sshi but then grabbed a pancake and shoved it in Sunggyu-sshi's mouth. I was surprised because I wouldn't have expect for him to do that to his hyung.

" You are going to eat that whether you want to or not. I don't want you passing out and then I will have to call Woohyun-hyung to come get you. I'm sure you don't want that either, especially the Woohyun-hyung part."

" Fine, I will eat your pancake. Happy now?"

" Yes I am. Just because you are the older brother doesn't mean you can't take care of yourself. Myungsoo-hyung and I need you too."

Something felt off between the two of them. Actually, it was more like Sunggyu-sshi felt a bit off. There atmosphere around him seem different. I don't know what it is but it felt more...sad. His eyes too. They look empty like a bottomless lake.

" Don't worry. I will always be here for you two. Now, we have to go to school now. I will be in the car waiting."

" Wait, hyung! Are you wearing your necklace?" Sunggyu-sshi lifted the necklace up and waved it in front of us.

" I'm wearing it. Now, hurry up or I will leave you behind." He went outside while Sungjong and I gathered our stuff.

" Sungyeol-hyung, here is your backpack." I took it from him and thanked him.

" Thanks! Lets hurry or else your brother will be mad at us!" 

Before we headed outside, I looked up towards where Myungsoo's room is.

" Hope you get better. I will be back soon."

I headed outside to the car and we headed to the university.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Dongowoo's POV:

 

Help... Somebody... Please help me...

Hoya, where are you?

It hurts.

It hurts so much.

It feels like I can't breathe. My heart...it hurts so much. So so so much.

 

" Dongwoo! Dongwoo!" My eyes flew open as I tried to register where I was.

W-Where am I? Did they bring me some place different?

I thrashed around as panic rose inside me. It felt like the air was being taken out of my lungs and there was nothing I could do about it. My body ached all over but my body kept on thrashing around trying to push off the person's hand. Tears were streaming down my face, but I don't know why.

" Dongwoo, honey, it's me! Mom! Calm down, please!" She pulled me into her arms and I started to calm down a little bit. My whole body practically shut down after my short outburst. The tears, though, didn't stop. I cried in my mom's arms and cried and cried.

" Shhh. It's okay, I'm here now. Don't cry. Don't cry. Tell me where it hurts." I pointed to my chest; my heart. 

" Here. It hurts here."

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sunggyu's POV:

 

I first dropped off Sungjong and Sungyeol and then went to find a parking space. After I found a spot, I grabbed my backpack and noticed I still have about an hour or so. I decided to walk to the garden they have at the rooftop of the science building. There shouldn't be anybody there so I should be alone.

I headed towards the science building where the horticulture put some greenery on the room. It was like a small, peaceful garden to me. At least I hope nobody will bother me there. As I was walking upstairs, my head started to hurt. My knees buckled but I quickly grabbed onto the rail to keep from myself falling. What made it worse was that I coughed out blood. I watched it as it stained the ground.

Once the pain disappeared, I wiped away the blood from my mouth with my hand, I proceeded to the roof. I opened the doors to it and was hit with a breeze of fresh air. It really is different. The air up here feels much more cleaner and pure than down there. Up here I don't have to worry about anyone. Nobody comes here so I don't have to worry.

I placed my backpack on the ground and leaned against the rail. I watched the other students pass by to their next class, cafeteria, or to meet with their friends.

It must be nice. Meeting up with people like that. Especially with someone you love-- wait, is that Hoya and Sunhwa-sshi?

In order to get a better look, I leaned over the rail a bit. I made sure to not fall over to my death, but whatever. Anger soared inside me seeing those two together. There was Hoya and Sunhwa-sshi laughing like nothing happened yesterday. I swear I will make sure Hoya feels the pain Dongwoo went through. Choosing her over him... I still can't believe it.

" Well, well, well. I see you are jealous." I swirled around but then I felt my body falling back too far. I closed my eyes to feel the impact of the ground, but it didn't come. I opened my eyes to see Lee Joon with his arms wrapped around my waist. Smirking at me too.

" What do you want?" I asked him as I pushed him away. He took a few steps back and put his hands up.

" Woah there. It seems like someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning."

" Shut the up. I don't want to talk to you." I grabbed my back about to leave this place but he grabbed onto my arm. I looked over my shoulder and glared at him but it seems like he didn't get the message.

" Let me go. Isn't it obvious I don't want to see you."

" You know, Woohyun seemed pretty happy to be saving that human girl. Its too bad he didn't go for you, though, right?" I yanked him off and proceeded to the door. Before I could even open it, he was already in front of me.

" What do you want with me?!"

" I just wanted to see how you were doing. I have to make sure you aren't...dying." He whispered the last part and left me there. I just scoffed and laughed at myself.

" Ha. As if you know what dying is. You wouldn't understand how it feels like every part of you is dying...every single day."

My mood has totally changed after I left the roof. Now, I don't know if I'm ever going to go back up there. The one place where I want to be alone and it gets tainted by...him. Is it hard for one person to get some peace and quiet? I guess today isn't my day. Though, when has it ever been my day?

When I was walking towards my class, I noticed Woohyun walking with Jiyeon. I stopped in my tracks as our eyes locked with each other. Before I knew it, I ran off towards the music building. I ran to the practice room where I was kidnapped. I remember now.

 

FLASHBACK

 

I slammed my hands on the piano keys as I couldn't figure what to add next to the song I'm writing. My head was in a jumble that everything that I played sounded sharp or flat or didn't make any sense.

I took my music sheets and threw them across the room. Now look at the mess I made. All of them were scattered across the room, but who cares at the moment. I can't even think anymore. The one day I want to try to write something, it doesn't work out. It never does for me.

" Well, well, well. What do we have here?" I turned around in the piano seat to see three guys by the door. I immediately got up into a stance to get ready to defend myself.

" Sunggyu-sshi, you shouldn't be like this way to me."

" Get the out of here right now! I don't want to see any of you!" My eyes widened at how fast he came towards me. He held my chin and turned my head around to check me out or something.

" It seems like you are healthy. Or not. But whatever that doesn't--" I punched him in the stomach before he could even say anything. I was abou to knee him but his two friend went at me.

" So not fair. Three against one?"

I dodged their attacks but I didn't see one of them holding a tazer. When I spotted it I made sure to dodge it but it was hard dodging their hits and the tazer. I was getting backed up to the wall which isn't a good thing either. Right when they all came at me, I got down to the floor and went through between their legs.

The door was open for me to escape, but before I could make it, a fourth guy popped out of nowhere and tazed me. I fell to the floor and I could feel the darkness taking me in.

" Have a good nap, Sunggyu-sshi."

 

FLASHBACK ENDS

 

" How stupid I was. I should have realized they would bring another guy with them."

I dropped my backpack to the floor and picked up the scattered music sheets. Some of them were ripped but they were the ones that don't have anything written on them. I picked them up one by one and I couldn't help but feel like I'm picking up the pieces of life, mind, and heart. Scattered all around, some stepped on, and some ripped apart. Ironic isn't it?

After I picked them up, I stashed them into my backpack, and went back to class. I don't think it would be good for me to skip class either. Reluctantly went to class and by luck there were five minutes left until the professor came. I sat down near towards the side away from Woohyun and Jiyeon-sshi. Even though I didn't want to see them, I looked over my shoulder to see them laughing together.

The sight of them hurt my heart. It hurt to the point where I want myself to feel numb to everything. Happiness, sadness, anger, all of those emotions: I just wished I wouldn't have to feel them. Pain. That's what all I deserve anyways. I can never be look at the same way after the incident five years ago. Even if everyone were to forgive me, there would still be one person hating me forever. Hate-- it never disappears. For now, I want to be numb to everything.

I looked towards the front when the professor came in. The professor started to go off about the brain and how important it is, but I tuned him out. Its not like I need to listen to him. I already read the textbook so I practically know everything. Ever since elementary school, I exceled in everything except gym. I did well in gym once my wolf side kicked in when I was in high school.

Why am I thinking of high school anyway? High school was the worst for me. It was definitely the worst for me.

" Hey, are you feeling better?" 

I jumped in my seat catching everyone's attention. I bowed my head and gestured for the professor to continue.

" Don't talk to me like this when we are in class. I nearly had a heart attack."

" Sorry, I guess. Are you going to answer my question or not?"

"... I'm fine. Don't worry about me... How about Jiyeon-sshi?"

" She's alright. She doesn't really remember what happened yesterday which is a good thing."

" That's good, I guess. Well, we should probably stop--"

" What did you mean by ' You'll be happy someday, I promise you' ?"

" I meant nothing by that."

" Liar."  At this moment I really wanted to do something about Woohyun but I can't since we are in class.

" You don't need to worry about it."

" Is something happening to you?"

" Like I said, don't worry about it."

" Hmph. Fine. Do whatever you want to."

Then like that the conversation between us stopped. I looked down at my desk and mentally sighed. I closed my eyes for a quick second because I don't want to get caught by the professor. Though, when I looked down, I saw the brightness of red pendant. It was practically shining like the sun. Blazing everyday but there were days where it would dimmer. Those were the times I would worry if something is wrong with Woohyun. Today, though, he seem perfectly fine. 

It must be because he is with Jiyeon-sshi. She makes him happy...unlike me. I make his life a living hell.

I wanted to tear off the necklace, but if I do Woohyun would definitely notice. All I can do is now wait for this class to end. Then when it does I can get out of here and go to my next class which has no Woohyun or Jiyeon-sshi in it.

Hurry up time! I want time to pass faster and faster. That way I can't tell how long I have been enduring this pain.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

In the afternoon....

 

Myungsoo's POV:

 

I groaned as I struggled to wake up. I put my arm to cover my eyes from the light pouring into my room. I noticed that the other side of my bed was empty. That means Sungyeol must have left already to school. I don't hear anybody else so I must be home alone.

I threw my legs over the edge of the bed and touched the floor. I almost fell down when I stood up because my body really ached. I was going to lay there until someone got home, but someone barged into my room.

" Myungsoo! Where are you?!"

" R-Right here." I peered up to see Sungyeol coming around the corner. Also he was wearing my clothes which looked pretty good on him but I'm not going to tell him that.

" Do you need help?"

" No, I'm fine."

I lifted myself up and right when I was about to stand up, I could feel myself falling. The room was really dizzy being the cause why I can't walk or even stand. But Sungyeol was there to catch me before I fell.

" Sure. Says the one who can't even stand straight."

" Shut up and bring me downstairs."

" I think you want some clothes on first."

" Huh?"

I looked down to see me just wearing my boxers and bandages around my chest. And bandages don't really count as a shirt, so yeah. I motioned for Sungyeol to get me a shirt and sweatpants from my drawer. What do you expect the colors were too? They were black.

" Myungsoo, don't you have other clothes that aren't black?"

" No, not really. I don't really like other colors that much."

" Really? If I asked you to wear colorful clothes, would you?" I looked at him weirdly wondering where he was going with this conversation.

" Why do you ask?"

" Oh, just wondering... Please can you wear pink tomorrow!"

" W-Why pink! Pink is such a girly color!"

I shouldn't have said that because he started to pout and I swear his eyes were watering.

" I-Is that so? That means I can't like the color p-pink? Does that make me g-girly?"

Great now he was crying like there is no tomorrow! I walked towards him and brought him to my arms and patted his back. He was sobbing into my chest and I could feel his tears seeping through my shirt. Black shirt I tell you.

" I didn't mean it that way, Sungyeol. I just mean I don't like the color pink. Also I don't have any pink clothes."

" B-But I want to see you in pink. I really like you in brighter clothes because you seem brighter and happier." I pulled away from and cocked my head.

" Brighter? Happier?" Sungyeol nodded his head at me.

He seems like a kid right now. Cute. Just a little bit, of course!

" After what happened yesterday, I just want you to smile and forget." I mentally facepalmed myself when he said that.

He just wanted me to be happy because what happened. Of course he would be thinking of you and ways to make you smile! Now look at what I'm doing! I'm just making him sad because I won't wear pink.

I mentally prepared myself to say this. What was going to come out of my mouth is something I would never say in a million years.

" Fine, I will wear pink for you. Maybe Sungjong will have something pink for me to wear."

Sungyeol's tears immediately disappeared like they were never there. Then he started to jump around me and make owl noises which I never knew a human could make. All together it was just weird.

" Yay! I get to see Myungsoo in something else than black! Now you definitely will be happy!"

" Will you be happy?" Sungyeol stopped jumping around and faced me.

" Hm? What do you mean?"

" I mean will you be happy because I'm wearing pink, your favorite color?" 

He shook his head.

" I will be happy because Myungsoo is smiling. Whenever Myungsoo is sad, I'm sad. When you are in pain, I'm in pain. And when you are happy, I'm happy. I don't need you to wear pink for me to be happy! You smiling is enough for me!" 

My heartbeat stopped for a second. It literally felt like everything else around me stopped and all there was just Sungyeol and I. Him smiling idiotically like that while I'm stunned as to what he said. My hands were sweating, now my heartbeat is accelerating, and my face feels very, very warm. But then I realized something.

" Wait! Then why are you really making me wear pink?!"

" Because it's fun for me! Also Sungjong made a bet with me that I can't make you wear pink. Though, now you promised to wear pink tomorrow, you can't back out now!"

I facepalmed myself into the trap I fell into.

" Yayyyy! Myungsoo is going to wear pink tomorrow!"

 

 

 

 

(A/N: Hey everybody! Sorry for late update! Hope you like this chapter! Got to throw in some Myungyeol fluff of course! Anyways, thanks for reading, suscribing, and commenting! P.S. sorry for any mistakes! I have school tomorrow so I'm not going to proofread it for now. Will fix it later!)