Ch. 5- Reaching

The Instincts of Love

Sungyeol's POV:

RING RING RING

I turned off my annoying alarm clock and turned over in my bed. The sunlight hit my face making it feel warmer. It was time to get ready for class, but I didn't feel like going. I just wanted to stay home but I can't. I can't miss a class or else my parents would get mad at me. Which reminds me, they haven't called me since they left for a business trip. They usually call me every day or at least every other day. I must be going crazy because I smell food. I threw my blanket off of me and went downstairs. I saw my mom in the kitchen making breakfast while dad is in the living room reading the newspaper.

" Dad! Mom! What are you two doing here?" Mom turned around and greeted me with a smile. She gave me a kiss on the cheek and went back to cooking.

" Oh, Sungyeol! You're finally up. Where is your brother?"

" He stayed at Baekhyun's place last night." I sneakily took a piece of bacon and went to see dad. When I approached him, I saw that he was reading the comic section of the paper.

" Dad, all you do is read the comic sections. Why don't you actually read the news part of it?" He turned his head at me and simply laughed. He is always like this: laughing at everything I say. Kind of like Chanyeol, but isn't as loud.

" You should read the comic section too, Sungyeol. You could actually learn something from it." I rolled my eyes at him.

" If you say so."

" Alright you two! Breakfast is ready!" Dad and I headed to the dining table where plates of food were waiting for us. I ate my food in a hurry since I don't have much time to get to school. Also I need to find out more about that red book. I need to know why there aren't any words in the book.

" Sungyeol, what are you thinking about?" My parents were looking at me suspiciously. I just waved them off. I don't think they would be interested in the book anyway.

" It's nothing. I just need to get to school and go to the library to look up some things. Actually, right now I have to go so I will see you two later." I waved goodbye to them and grabbed my backpack and the keys.

I got into the car and headed straight to the university. Then my mind went back to yesterday. I'm still trying to decided if what happened yesterday was a dream...or maybe it was a nightmare. Though, it didn't seem like neither of them. I know one thing for sure: I wasn't going back there again. It was as if there was something that was pulling me towards the forest. My heart was controlling my body and mind. Even if I tried to force my body to stay put, I couldn't do it. But why? Why do I keep getting attacked by wolves? Does my scent attract wolves?

Speaking of the wolves: I wonder what happened to the black wolf. I hope its leg is better. Those red eyes seem so mysterious yet it feels like I have seen them before. I wonder if the wolf understood me? It was acting a bit weird too. How could it have known that I sprained my ankle? Aish! It confuses me so much!

I parked my car way at the front that way I could just get to my car after classes. I don't want that same thing to happen yesterday. Which reminds me, I still don't know the people who beat me up. Also, if there is a next time, I don't think I will be as lucky. Yesterday was lucky that two people were passing by. I got out of the car, but I didn't go straight to the library. From a distance I could hear music. It was a violin. The music building wasn't far from where I am now. It would only take me about five minutes to get there. I decided to go to the music building. Luckily that building wasn't two stories. I don't think I want to climb up some stairs so early in the morning.

With each step I took, the music was getting clearer and louder. I saw a window open from the side. It must be coming from there because that seems quite obvious right? Anyways, I took a few steps closer, and saw the person who was playing the violin. Their back was facing me, but I could tell the person was into the music they wouldn't notice me. I closed my eyes as they continued to play. I started to hum along to the song too. It was a slow yet beautiful song. All of a sudden the music stopped. I furrowed my eyebrows as to why the person stopped playing.

" Sungyeol-sshi?" I opened my eyes and saw the person looking at me. I jumped back a few feet and bowed to them.

" I-I'm sorry! I shouldn't have disturbed you!"

" It's okay! Stand up straight, it feels weird seeing you like that." I straightened out my back. I looked straight at the person, and realized it was Henry-sshi.

" Henry-sshi! I didn't know you play the violin! You play very well!" I saw a faint blush on his cheeks. I couldn't help but smile at how cute he looked.

" Thank-" Just at that moment, somebody came in the room. Our eyes turned to him as the person stood by the doorway. I have never met this person before but he seems like an upperclassman.

" Ryeowook, what are you doing here?" The person, whose name is Ryeowook since Henry-sshi called him that, looked at me and back at Henry-sshi.

" The professor wants to see you." He turned his back to us and left. For some reason it felt like he was giving the cold shoulder to us... or maybe it was directed to only one of us. Henry-sshi looked back at me and bowed.

" Sorry Sungyeol-sshi, but I have to go. I will see you at class later."

" Okay. See you!"

We waved goodbye to each other. I left the music building and headed to the library. I still had time before my class started so I should be fine. As usual, I sat at my spot. Though I saw looking through the shelves. I had to squint a bit to see who the person is: it is Myungsoo. Maybe if I quietly walk to my table, he wouldn't notice me. Doesn't work, though. Myungsoo notices me but doesn't do anything about it. He just looks at me and looks away. Then I noticed a lump on his arm under the sleeve of his shirt. Either he has a shirt under it and is rolled up, or maybe he hurt himself. How does one hurt there arm? Maybe Myungsoo got a scratch on his arm. That makes it more suspicious, though. I went to my table and thought about it some more.

Hmm. Now that I think about it, didn't the wolf hurt his leg which would be where that lump is under Myungsoo's shirt... Wait! What am I thinking? How is the wolf and Myungsoo related? It's just a coincidence.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Myungsoo passing by me. I opened my mouth to say something, but the words disappeared along with my breath. It looked like Myungsoo was struggling with carrying two books. They aren't regular books either: they were huge! The books he was carrying were like three books thick each. I peered over at him. I wonder what he is doing here so early in the day. This is my second time seeing here by himself. The time when Hyuna was with us doesn't count. My eyes stayed on Myungsoo. Even from a distance I could see that he has a sharp jawline, blemish free skin, and he likes to his lips quite a bit. Just now he his lips five times.

Okay I just counted how many times he his lips. What is happening to you, Lee Sungyeol!

I waved away the thoughts and went back to studying. Then I heard a crash. I looked up to see Myungsoo picking up the books from the floor. Unconciously my body moved towards him. I leaned down and helped picked up the books. I gave him the books and he took them. Our eyes met and it felt like time froze. His eyes seem familiar. They give off this warm feeling...like hot chocolate. Suddenly, he stood up and left. I stood up and ran after him. Though when I got to the door, I couldn't find him. It was like he disappeared into the air.

Maybe I shouldn't be thinking about him. He did it make it obvious that he doesn't want to be near me.

After a few minutes of standing there, I went back to my spot. I sat down and put my head on the table. Then when I checked my phone for the time, I realized I only had five minutes until class started. I quickly packed up my backpack, and ran to my class. I'm very grateful that I have long legs that way I can cover more distance.

I got to class with a minute to spare. I was out of breath when I arrived. There was a feeling that everybody's eyes were on on me. I looked up. Yep, their eyes were on me. Some were even laughing at me, but I didn't spare them a thought. I went to sit in the back where Henry-sshi was already sitting. He smiled at me as I sat down, and then the professor came in. At least I wasn't late to class. Then I probably would have been in trouble.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After my first class ended for the day, I headed to the roof. The horticulture club put greenery up on the roof so now it looks way better. It gives off a peaceful vibe, and it instantly calms me down every time. At this time of the year there aren't as many people. This way I can be by myself. Also, I wanted a view of the city.

I make my way up to the roof, and I was met with the fresh air of fall. I sat down at the small table and sipped on the coffee I bought eariler. I looked over at the red, orange, and yellow leaves. Other students were walking to their next classes as I watched them. To me they looked like ants. It's quite interesting actually. Looking from up here gives you a different view of the world. I wonder how it would be like to look from outer space. Would it be like this? Of course it would bigger, but would it still be the same. Sometimes I feel like no matter where I look from, everything seems the same. There is something inside of me that is pulling me back from seeing the whole picture. Whenever I get close to it, I always get pulled back. Right when I reach my hand for it it would disappear right in front of my eyes.

" Sungyeol-sshi?" I turned my head around to see Sunggyu-sshi standing there. He walked to me and sat down across from me. He also had coffee with him too. Sunggyu-sshi must come to this spot often.

" Sunggyu-sshi, what are you doing up here?" He shrugged his shoulders at me.

" I skipped class. I just didn't feel like going. What about you?"

" I finished my first class. I needed some fresh air to breathe."

" Hm... I see." Then it became awkwardly silent between us. I looked at him but he was looking out into the distance. How was I going to break this silence if he wasn't going to look at me. It's as if he doesn't acknowledge me. 

" Don't worry Sungyeol-sshi. I'm not purposely ignoring you. There is something on my mind." I looked away in embarrassment. I can't believe that he knew what was on my mind.

" I-I'm sorry for assuming that." I looked back at Sunggyu-sshi. He was looking at me, but his eyes were empty of any feelings but sadness...and loneliness. Sunggyu-sshi stood up and was about to walk away.

" Sunggyu-sshi!" He turned around and faced me.

" Yes?"

" Is there something that is bothering you?" He shook his head at me. All of a sudden he fell to the floor. I ran over to him and got onto my knees.

" Sunggyu-sshi, are you okay!?" I started to panic as he was clutching onto his shirt. I helped him stand up, but he stumbled back down. I tried helping him again, but then a pair of hands appeared.

" I will take care of him." I looked to see the person is Woohyun-sshi. He took Sunggyu-sshi out of my hands. Then they both left the rooftop. Something on the floor caught my eye. I leaned down and was about to touch it, but I didn't. What stopped me was the color of it: black, it was black and it looked like blood.

Did this come from Sunggyu-sshi? It can't be right?

I walked away from it and went back to the table. I grabbed my backpack. Before I left, I noticed that Sunggyu-sshi left his coffee. I took both our cups and threw them into the trash. Too bad it was a waste that he couldn't finish his coffee. Though I didn't even finish mine either. It got cold by the time I got back to it. I was on my way to my next class, but something, or somebody stopped me. I felt a grip on my arm. Then my body spun around and collided with the person's chest. I took a few steps back to get a better look at them. Right in front of me were a three people, and they didn't look very happy.

" What do you want?" The person in the middle, who I'm presuming was the person who I collided with, stepped towards me. He gave off a bad feeling. A really, really, really bad feeling.

" What do I want? Well, I want you to stop getting near Hyuna." I scoffed at them. They were seriously telling me to stay away from her? The one who should be staying away is her! I haven't done anything to deserve this!

" I'm the one who should be staying away? She is the one who gets close to me! Heck, I don't even want to be near her!" Suddenly the atmosphere got really tense. I heard a few knuckles cracking, and I knew it wasn't going to be good for me. If I don't run away there is a big chance that I will be beat up.

" What did you say? Why you-" Before I knew it, I felt my hand being pulled. My body was being pulled away from the three of them. Soon the person who was pulling me and I were at the small garden. I immediately pulled my hand from the person. It hurted a bit since they were holding onto too tightly. In a swift movement, the person turned around. My eyes widened as the person, who I will admit probaby save me, is Myungsoo-sshi.

" M-Myungsoo-sshi... Why are y-you?..." He ran his hand through hair which was a tiny bit attractive.

" Why are you always getting into trouble? Can't you just stay out of their business?" Wait now. He is totally getting it wrong. I wasn't the one who started it. Those people were the ones who approached me.

" What? I didn't do anything! I'm the innocent one here!"

" You still agitated them, though!" I rolled my eyes at him. I don't even why he is caring about this. 

" Why do you care? I thought you didn't want to be near me?" Myungsoo-sshi was about to open his mouth, but he closed it. See! Even he is at a loss of words. He knows I'm right and he is wrong.

" I-I'm sorry." My body froze up. I blinked a few times surprised from what I heard from him. I can't believe those two words escaped from his mouth.

" What did you say?"

" You know what I said. I'm not saying it again. I have to go so see you." Our shoulders brushed each other as he walked by. I'm still surprised as to what just happened.

I walked to the library since I already missed my class. I sat down at my spot and placed my head on the table. Those two words were still stuck in my head. They won't disappear no matter what I do. It's as if they are ingrained into my brain. I sighed at the thought. Honestly, I don't want the words to disappear. I actually want to hear it again. It must be weird that I want to hear those words again. Since the first day I met Myungsoo-sshi, I got a feeling it wasn't going to be stable. For some reason it felt like a tornado was going to hit us. I was starting to get really sleepy. I just let eyes close and took a nap.

Chanyeol knows where I am so he can just come find me. I wonder if Myungsoo-sshi will come here. NO! I shouldn't be thinking like that! Throw away any thoughts of him!

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Myungsoo's POV:

 

" Woohyun-hyung, is Sunggyu-hyung alright?" I sat on the edge of the bed and looked at Sunggyu-hyung who is sleeping on his bed. Today, when I got back from class, Sungjong told me Sunggyu-hyung came home because he wasn't feeling well. I asked Woohyun-hyung what happened when I got home, and he said that Sunggyu-hyung was in pain. As in deep pain.

" I don't know if he is alright. When we got home, he ran straight to the bathroom. I heard him coughing a lot, but when he came out he said it was nothing." I nodded my head along with him.

" I see. Do you think he is still in pain from-"

" Don't bring it up." I looked up at Woohyun-hyung. He expression was hard and unreadable. Then Woohyun-hyung left the room with the resonance of the shutting door. I looked back at Sunggyu-hyung. His eyes were furrowed as in some sort of pain, and he was clutching onto his shirt: right above his heart. I tried to tear away his hand from his shirt, but he wouldn't budge.

" Sunggyu-hyung, are you alright?" I tried pulling his hand, but it was futile.

" Sunggyu-hyung." I tried again.

" Sunggyu-hyung." All of a sudden his eyes popped open. Then he started to cough furiously. I had to pat his back a few times to calm him down. Sunggyu-hyung pushed away my arms and got off the bed. Immediately, I pushed him back down. I wasn't going to let him out like this. He is unstable, and if he is like this right now, then it will only spell for a disaster.

" Get out of my way Myungsoo-ah." I shook my head at him. I wasn't going to let him do anything until Woohyun-hyung comes back. The only person who could calm down Sunggyu-hyung is Woohyun-hyung.

Where did Woohyun-hyung go? Sunggyu-hyung really needs him right now!

" Sunggyu-hyung, I can't let you go anywhere without Woohyun-hyung." Then he laughed at me. I was shocked and confused as to why he is laughing.

" Woohyun? Who cares about him. I don't need him! I'm fine without him!" He pushed away my hands and stood up. I quickly made my way to the door and blocked it. A low growl was heard from Sunggyu-hyung, but I'm not afraid. Even if he is a bit stronger than me.

" Please, just lay down! You aren't in the right mind to move around! Your body is feeling well either." It seemed like he understood me because he backed off. Sunggyu-hyung laid back down on his bed and threw the blankets over him.

" Leave me alone Myungsoo. Please."

" Alright. Take care of yourself. That's all I ask of you." I thought I heard him say something, but I must be over thinking it. I left his room and closed his door. As I'm on my way to my room, Woohyun-hyung was walking towards me. He was holding a bowl and a washcloth.

" Woohyun-hyung, what's that for?"

" It's for Sunggyu."

" Oh... Um can I ask you something?"

" Sure. What do you want to ask me?" Woohyun-hyung's eyes were on me as he waited for my question.

" It's about Sunggyu-hyung." He sighed at me and walked pass me. I turned around and stopped him by grabbing onto his arm.

" Why are you walking away?" Woohyun-hyung turned his head slightly so I was only seeing the side of his face.

" I rather not talk about him."

He pulled his arm away from me and continued to Sunggyu-hyung's room. I shook my head at him. I wish that the two of them could make up. How long has it been since that incident? About four years? Yet still, their relationship is on the cracks. Even though I'm not in their shoes, I can feel themselves falling. If one of them doesn't catch the other then I fear something bad will happen. Things that happened in the past should stay in the past. They don't, though. Everyday they resurface as if it's the reason to wake up to a new day. I wonder who is in more pain: Sunggyu-hyung or Woohyun-hyung or maybe both? That I will never know.

" Myungsoo-hyung!" Sungjong was running towards me. His face was flushed.

" What's wrong?"

" I-I found out who those people that were troubling Sungyeol-sshi."

" Who are they?" Sungjong straightened his body, and that was when I knew he was really serious. His eyes turned a deep red and emitted a low growl. I slowly closed my eyes and they turned red too.

" The people are part of Hyuna's group of friends. The person who was about to hit Sungyeol-sshi, his name is Yoo Doojoon, and he is a senior. Then the other two names are Lee Joon and Ok Taecyeon. They are also seniors too."

" Okay. I have one more question. Are they-"

" Yes, hyung. They are."

" Thanks. Help me keep an eye on them and Hyuna too. I don't know what she is planning, but I know it won't be good." Sungjong sadly smiled at me. I smiled back at him and we went to our own bedrooms.

I flopped onto my bed and stared at the ceiling. On my ceiling are hanging snowflakes. Don't ask me why I have them up there. I just do. I don't know when it started, but I have always been obsessed with snowflakes. They have this majestic feeling to them: pure, white, and fragile. At a touch by the fingertip they melt. How easily they appear and disappear. I think it's sad. People may hate the snow, but I love it. It makes me feel alive. Then when winter is over I feel like a part of me has disappeared. Though I have felt like that since I was little. As if there is something that I have to find, but I don't know where. No matter how long and hard I look with my eyes: I can't find it. Right when it is in my reach, it will get blown away with the wind. The warmth in my heart: I want to be able to feel it again.

 

 

 

 

(A/N: I finally updated! Sorry for the late update but I have been busy with school! Though christmas break is soon which means updates! I can't wait! I have so much planned with this fic! Sorry if there are any mistakes too. Well, thanks for reading, suscribing ( omg 44 suscribers!), and commenting! Until next time!)