Ch. 11- Fear

The Instincts of Love

Nobody's POV:

Brushing his hands against the brick wall only feeling coldness. At the end of the alley it led to the forest. Within there were trees towering over him. He looked up wondering where the sky went to. All there was an empty, black vast of nothingness at the top. The only color in his world black and white were the brown and green trees. White snow slowly fell to the ground falling to the ground and on him. He lifted his hands up to the air to catch the snowflakes, but they melted at his touch.

Snow fell and fell until it laid all over the ground covering the forest in a winter wonderland. He spun his body around taking in his surroundings. Without thinking, he ran and ran to who knows where. Suddenly, he couldn't run anymore. He moved his feet but they were planted to the ground. Ice began to grow around his feet and up to his knees. He panicked not knowing what to do. He screamed but nothing came out. All there was a cold air. Nothing. Nothing.

" I'm sorry."

" That's not enough for what you did to him!"

" Please...don't..."

" I-I can't listen to you anymore! I won't let you hurt him anymore!"

Blood spurted out onto the white snow. Then everything turned red and black. Red and black. Red and black. The blood came waving at him and grew and grew. It came up to his knees, stomach, and now at his neck. It was hopeless. He began to choke on his own blood as it came out of his mouth. Tears streamed out of his eyes, but they only got mixed in with the blood. He submerged under the blood, and his vision turned black. Everything became black. His world turned and became black forever.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

Sunggyu's POV:

 

" Sunggyu-hyung! Wake up!"

Who is there? Why can't I open my eyes? My body feels so heavy. I feel so tired.

" Sunggyu, wake up! Wake up right now! Do you hear me?!"

Whose voice is this? I'm reaching but I can't feel anything. It hurts. Everything hurts.

" SUNGGYU!"

I woke up with a startle noticing my body drenched in sweat. The cuts on body opened up and my bedsheets had blood on them. Everything was spinning so I held my head in my hands. It hurts. Why does it hurt so much? Somebody make the pain stop. There is a taste of iron in my mouth-- blood. I screamed out in pain and threw off my blankets. The pain of my broken arm didn't even register my mind until I felt somebody grab it. I thrashed around trying to get their hand off but my body was too weak. Within seconds I gave up and fell back to bed.

" S-Sunggyu-hyung, are you o-okay?" I looked up to see Sungjong standing there with Woohyun. I motioned for him to come over and he did. He sat next to me and I saw his solemn expression. Sungjong shouldn't see me like this. Him being here will only hurt him.

" Sungjong, I'm alright. You should get to school. I will be alright being home by myself. You too Woohyun. Go to school too. I want some time to be alone."

" Hyung-" I waved my hand off at him. I tried giving my best smile and tried to shove him off my bed.

" Go. Myungsoo is probably waiting for you. Now that I think about it, where is he?" I was about to sit up until Woohyun pushed me back down. I flinched in pain, but tried to hide it as well as I could.

" He is on the other side of the door. Do you want me to get him?" I nodded my head.

" Yeah, I want to talk to him. So could the two of you leave my room while I talk to him? It won't take long." They nodded at each other, though Sungjong didn't look as willing, and left the room.

" Myungsoo, come in here."

" Sunggyu-hyung." I made some space for him and patted the area next to me. He sat down and took my hand. Ironic actually. I used to be like this with Myungsoo when we were younger. I guess the tables have turned now, huh?

" I had the nightmare again." Myungsoo's eyes widened and I couldn't help but laugh. He got angry at me and his eyes turned red.

" How can you laugh about that?! You haven't had those nightmares for a long time... So why? Why are you having those nightmares again?" I shook my head at him. I have a feeling why but didn't answer him back.

" Maybe it is punishment." Myungsoo's grip on my hand tightened. I flinched in pain, but my body was too weak to pull away my hand.

" Don't you dare say that. Alright!"

" Okay, I won't." I smiled to give Myungsoo some reassurance.

Myungsoo let go of my hand and left my room. My eyes followed him as left, and I became alone again. Maybe I will get some more sleep. I just hope I won't have the same nightmare again. Just let me peacefully sleep. Please.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sungyeol's POV:

 

I was running to my first class because I accidentally fell asleep at the library. While I was on my way to class, I saw Myungsoo sitting against the fountain. In my hand is a muffin that I haven't eaten yet. There were only five minutes left until class started so I quickly put the muffin at his feet and ran to class. I don't know what is wrong with Myungsoo but I hope he is okay. Though he doesn't seem like that. Even if I were to ask him, he wouldn't tell me. We aren't technically friends yet. Or are we friends? I don't know anymore.

With a minute to spare, I sat down at my seat and pulled out the things I needed. I felt a nudge to my side so I turned around. Henry-sshi was smiling at me so I returned the smile back. Then he held out his hand at me. I tilted my head confused until he opened it: it was a granola bar. He motioned for me to take it. I quickly bowed to him and took it. Who would of thought that he knew that I was hungry? I opened the wrapper quietly and took a bite out of it. Now I have something in my stomach to keep it from grumbling in class.

During class my mind kept on going back to Myungsoo. I know I left him by the fountain, but I can't help but worry. I know we haven't known each other for that long, but they way he looked made me worry. I know his deepest, darkest secret yet it seems like he is still hiding things not just from me but from everyone. Great, now I can't even focus on the lecture. I don't even know what the professor is talking about anymore. I took a few glances at the board but barely caught any of the words. I'm so going to die if there is a test on this or part of an essay later.

When class finally ended, I ran out of the classroom to the fountain. To my dismay he wasn't there. The only thing that made me smile was that the muffin was gone. Then I noticed there is a sticky note on the fountain. I went to grab it and tore it off from the fountain.

Thanks for the muffin. It made my day a little better. I guess you can be useful at times. Thanks.

                                                                   From, Myungsoo

I smiled at the small message. I think this is the first time Myungsoo has ever said thanks to me. To keep it in memory, I took out my notebook, and placed it on back of the front cover. I put my noteback into my backpack and walked to the library. I still have quite a bit of time until my next class started so I went to the library. There wasn't much people but ones who were only there to study and research. As usual, I went to my seat and took out my headphones. I plugged them into my iPod and the music. I bobbed my head to the beat and looked out the window. There wasn't much but students passing by. I don't have any homework to do so sitting here is a bit boring.

My head jerked when my headphones were yanked off. I looked straight at the person but regretted it right away. Standing right in front of me was Hyuna-sshi and two guys by her side. If I remember correctly, these two are the ones who chased after us last time. Their eyes were boring into me and then their eyes turned black. I stood up from my chair, grabbed my things, and ran. It was useless, though. One of them yanked my arm and pushed me against the wall. The whole entire time Hyuna-sshi was standing there with her arms crossed.

" What do you want," I hissed out in pain. The guy is really pushing me hard to the wall. I feel like any moment the wall will break behind me if he pushes any further. 

" What do I want?" She took a step closer making the guy back off. " You can let him go, Joon. I want you and Doojoon to watch the doors. Okay?" The two guys left her and I alone and walked towards the door.

Where the heck is the librarian? And where are the other students? Did they leave?

" You are probably where the others are? Well, I made them leave the library and I knocked out the librarian. I wouldn't want her to come over here and disturb us right?" I straightened myself out and tried to walk past her but she got in my way in a second.

" What do you want with me?"

" What do I want with you," she walked around me in a circle with her fingernail dragging, " What do I want to do with you? Should I kill you?"

I gulped in fear, but I didn't let it show. I glared at her, but she just laughed at me. She pushed me against the wall and her eyes became pitch black. I tried to push her away but dang is she strong. I totally didn't expect for her to be strong. But then again she is a werewolf too.

" Or maybe I should kill you little brother and his friend?" My eyes widened and panic rose inside me. I lifted my leg up and kicked her in the stomach: that didn't do anything, though.

" Don't you dare lay a finger on him! He has nothing to do with this, you, or whatever this is!" She let me go and I slumpped to the floor.

" Is that so? Then how about this, you come over to our side and I won't touch your brother. His name is Chanyeol isn't it? His friend is Byun Baekhyun right?"

" Leave them alone!" I stood up and landed a punch on her face. " Also I would never join the likes of you!"

Hyuna-sshi spitted out blood-- black blood-- and glared at me. She started to get closer to me until the sound of shattering glass pierced my ears. I turned around to see what happened, but in a flash Hyuna-sshi was pushed against the wall.

" Didn't I tell you to leave Sungyeol out of this?! If you dare hurt him I won't hold back. I will kill you."

" Is that so?" I watched as Hyuna-sshi whispered into Myungsoo's ear. I don't know what she said but Myungsoo got even more angry.

" Shut up! I know that isn't true because I know him! Don't try to make him look bad in my eyes." I took a cautious step forward and both of them turned to look at me.

" M-Myung-"

" Sungyeol! Step back." I did as what I was told.

Myungsoo threw Hyuna-sshi at the broken window sending her right outside. I became frigid at the sight. I never knew Myungsoo could be this strong yet look...terrifying. This is the first time I have ever seen him like this. To be honest, it scares me a bit.

" Sungyeol?" He reached to touch me, but I flinch away. I didn't mean to though. I saw the hurt in his eyes; his bright, red eyes were full of hurt. Myungsoo retracted his hand from me and walked away.

" I... I'm sorry you had to see that side of me." I shook my head. I reached out for him but he was already outside.

I gathered my things and ran outside. He was nowhere to be seen. I groaned in frustration because of how I reacted at Myungsoo's sudden outburst. I shouldn't have flinched like that. I now know his secret so why couldn't I have reacted better. He was only trying to protect me yet I became terrified of him. Myungsoo...he didn't do anything wrong. It was I who reacted badly, not him.

I headed to class since there wasn't anything else I could do. Students began to fill up the classroom and the professor begun the lecture. My mind was somewhere else. The whole time I didn't, or couldn't, pay attention to the lecture.

What should I do? I hurted Myungsoo's feelings, but I don't know what I should do.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

Myungsoo's POV:

 

Classes finally ended meaning I can head home. After the incident at the library, I don't think I can face Sungyeol anymore. I saw the way he looked at me: he was scared. He was terrified of me. If he saw how I really am when I get very angry then he would never speak to me. But isn't that for the best? I mean I didn't want to drag him into my problems. If he didn't figure out I am a werewolf then none of this would have happened.

I was walking to my car until I heard a voice. I turned my head around to see Sungyeol running towards me. There was a short distance between my car and I so I ran to my car and started the engine. Right when I was about to drive away, I looked at the side mirror, and Sungyeol fell to the ground. I slammed my forehead against the steering wheel accidentally making the car horn go off. I looked back at the side mirror and noticed Sungyeol wasn't getting up. I put my car on park, turned the engine off, and ran to Sungyeol. I kneeled down next to him and shook him. There wasn't a response.

" Y-Yah! Get up Sungyeol! Sung-" His body started to shake and I could hear laughter coming from him. Sungyeol lifted his head and he was laughing. I stood up and walked away from him.

" Myungsoo! Wait! Myungsoo hold on!" He grabbed onto my arm. I tried yanking it away, but he wouldn't let go.

" Let go of me Sungyeol."

" No."

" Let. Go."

" I said no!" I ran my hand through my hair and sighed.

" What do you have to say?" Sungyeol lifted his head. He looked guilty to me though I don't know why he would. Then he pushed his face against my arm. I went stiff at the sudden contact, and the way how Sungyeol is being. He was mumbling something but I couldn't make it out.

" What did you say?"

"... I said I'm sorry. I shouldn't have reacted like that. Instead I should be saying thank you for protecting me... I'm sorry." I sighed and patted Sungyeol's head. He finally let go of my arm and smiled at me. I smiled back at him and then I looked down at his hands: there were scratch marks on them.

He must have scraped his hand when he fell. I swear he is the most clumsy person I have ever met.

" Give me your hand."

" Huh? Why?"

" Just give it to me."

Sungyeol held out his hand and I led him to a bench. I took my backpack off and took out a few band-aids. Then I grabbed left hand first and placed a band-aid and did the same for his other hand. To think that he scraped his hand when he fell. Humans are truly such fragile beings.

" When you get home I want you to wash your hands with soap and warm water. Then put some new band-aids on them, okay? Sung-" I looked up from him hand. His cheeks were really red. He noticed me looking at him and turned his head away. I placed my head on his forehead but he didn't feel warm.

" Hm. You don't have a fever. Are you feeling unwell?"

" N-No," then he stood up and bowed to me, " T-Thank you for the band-aids! Bye!" He ran off to who knows where. I held back a chuckle when Sungyeol stumbled, but let it out once he was gone.

I got up from the bench and headed back to my car. While I was walking back, I noticed something shiny on the ground. I leaned down to pick it up, and realized it was Sungyeol's necklace. I sighed to myself for the nth time of the day.

He isn't just clumsy, he loses things easily too.

I put the necklace into my jacket pocket and went to my car. I started the engine and headed for home. Before I did though, I decided to go get some for Sunggyu-hyung. Knowing him, he probably hasn't eaten yet.

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

Nobody's POV:

 

" Sunggyu-hyung!" The door burst open and in came the forever loud Dongwoo. Sunggyu groaned into his pillow and pulled the blanket over his head. 

" Shut up Dongwoo," said Sunggyu underneath the blanket.

The bed dipped as Dongwoo sat on the edge of the bed. Something was off though because Dongwoo didn't say anything back. Sunggyu revealed himself from under the blanket and struggled to sit up. Dongwoo realized that and helped Sunggyu sit up. They looked at each other but Dongwoo was the first one to look away.

" What's wrong Dongwoo? Care to tell me?"

" No," Dongwoo quietly said, " I don't have anything to say." Sunggyu rolled his eyes at this. He lifted his hand and gently patted Dongwoo's head.

" Does it have to do with what happened yesterday?" Dongwoo shook his head. Then it click in Sunggyu's head.

" Does it have something to do with Hoya and Sunhwa-sshi?" Just like a strike of lightning, Dongwoo's body stiffened in a flash.

" Dongwoo, didn't I tell you before for you to confess your feelings to Hoya before it was too late? Now look at you. Everyday you become sad when you see the two of them together." Dongwoo shook Sunggyu's hand away and stood up. His fists clenched tightly, his lips pursed together, and he angrily sat back down.

" I know. I know! But what can I do?! Hoya only sees me as his friend... Sometimes I think he looks at me as the person he is forced to protect."

Sunggyu was about to say something but he started to cough furiously. He covered his mouth immediately and once the coughing fit stopped he put his hand under the blanket. The substance on his hand would make Dongwoo worry so he wiped in on his bedsheet. It started again, though. There wasn't enough time to cover his mouth and he coughed up blood onto his blanket. Dongwoo began to panic so he went to get a towel and let Sunggyu cough into it. Sunggyu used to towel to wipe away the blood dripping from his mouth and placed it next to him afterwards. Just like snow, that is how Sunggyu's skin looks like right now.

" H-Hyung, are you okay? What have you done all day?" Sunggyu smiled with guilt written all over his face.

" I have been sleeping all day. Why?"

" Have you eaten yet?" Sunggyu nodded his head, but Dongwoo knew that it was an absolute lie. Anger bubbled up in Dongwoo as he stood up and grabbed the now bloody towel.

" Where is Woohyun? Shouldn't he be here taking care of you? Why are you coughing up blood? What is wrong with you?!," Dongwoo paused for a few seconds and sighed, " Is it because of what happened almost five years ago?... Are you still hung up on that?! Sung-"

" Shut up Dongwoo! Just. Be quiet. Woohyun left the house to go to class. He is my Protecter not my caretaker. The blood...lets just say I don't feel well, okay? So can you drop it now? Please."

Everything went quiet between them. Dongwoo badly wanted to say something but couldn't pick out the right words. At that moment, Myungsoo entered the room with Chinese take-out. Sunggyu and Dongwoo sighed in relief that Myungsoo came to relieve the tension in the room. Though Myungsoo was a bit oblivious about it.

" Dongwoo-hyung, you're here! Luckily, I bought enough food for the three of us. How about we go eat downstairs?"

" Sure."

Dongwoo helped Sunggyu out of the bed and went downstairs along with Myungsoo. While Myungsoo went to get plates and utensils, Dongwoo helped Sunggyu sit down on the chair. He had to be careful because of Sunggyu's arm. Myungsoo came back with everything and then each of them took portions of the food.

" Thanks for getting dinner Myungsoo," said Sunggyu as he struggled to eat with one hand. Myungsoo laughed at his brother's struggle and helped him.

" You're welcome. Sunggyu-hyung, you have a lot of food on your plate. You must be really hungry, huh?"

" Y-Yeah," but then Sunggyu noticed something off with Myungsoo, " I can sense it. Did something happen today?" Myungsoo sighed once again. He put down his chopsticks and looked at Sunggyu then Dongwoo. Then he nodded his head making the both of them worry.

" Hyuna tried attacking Sungyeol again. I got there before anything serious happened but..."

" But what?" Dongwoo said with curiosity.

Myungsoo continued on, " But Sungyeol became scared because of me. I let my anger go off for a second, and Sungyeol got scared of me. My anger must have rubbed off causing him to become terrified of me."

" Myungsoo-ah, you should have known that was bound to happen. What happened next," said Sunggyu.

" Sungyeol came to find me after class and  apologized for his reaction. I don't blame him, though. If I were in his shoes, I would be scared of myself too."

It became quiet between the two of them as they ate. Nobody said anything because, well, they didn't know what to say afterwards. It was getting late when Dongwoo left so Myungsoo helped Sunggyu up to his room. When he got Sunggyu settled in, Sunggyu saw the bloody towel on his bed. He quickly picked it up before Myungsoo noticed and threw it on the other side of his bed.

" Goodnight Myungsoo." Myungsoo smiled and nodded.

" Goodnight hyung."

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

Sungyeol's POV:

 

I'm laying on my bed staring at the ceiling. I touched where my necklace should be, but it wasn't there. I only noticed that after I got home. The necklace is like a part of me, but I lost it again! Mom and dad aren't going to be very happy with me if they find out. They said they spent a lot of money on it since it was personally made for me. The same goes for Chanyeol because his has a phoniex pendant.

I turned to my side to look out the window. The moon was shining brightly, the moonlight bursting into my room. I don't mind because I like the sight of the moon more than anything. I like it especially when it is a crescent moon. Yeah it may sound weird because most people like a full moon, but I guess I'm the odd one out. That is what my family says every time. Always the odd ball in my family, but I have to say Chanyeol is creepy at times. Of course that is probably only me thinking that.

I wonder if Myungsoo is alseep right now? Do werewolves sleep at night? What the heck are you saying? Of course they sleep! They aren't vampires you idiot!

At the thought of Myungsoo, I looked down at my hands. I did as what he told me. I can't believe that I blushed at the mere touch of Myungsoo's finger tips on the palm of my hand. He only did that out of concern, and probably how clumsy I am. Even though, I didn't want Myungsoo to think I was scared of him. For some reason, I wanted Myungsoo to know that I still want to be his friend despite everything. Myungsoo is a good person kept running through my head. Myungsoo was only protecting me because I'm his friend, right? I want to be more than some acquaintance of his.

My eyes started to close on me as my body started to become really tired. I let my eyes close finally, but before I drifted off to sleep, I felt my blanket being pulled up to me. My bangs were brushed away, but I made no movement. The presence didn't feel intimidating, but warm. It felt warm like a bright, sunny day. I could finally feel myself finally falling asleep as I mutter out the last words for the day.

" Goodnight Myungsoo."

 

 

 

" Goodnight Sungyeol."

 

 

(A/N: Sorry if there are any mistakes. Thanks for reading, suscribing, and commenting! Until next time!)