Ch. 4- Attacked... Again

The Instincts of Love

Sungyeol's POV:

Why is there so much snow around me? What is falling on my face? It feels warm. It feels so warm. Don't let me go. Don't leave me. Please, I don't want to leave the warmth of your arms.

" Sungyeol-hyung, wake up! We are going to be late for school if you don't hurry!" The harsh sunlight hit my eyes as I woke up. Chanyeol helped me get off the bed and pushed me to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face as quickly as I could. Then I went back to my bedroom and put on a sweater and jeans. When I got back downstairs, Chanyeol was with Baekhyun. When I got closer to them, I noticed that Baekhyun had a scratch on his cheek.

" Baekhyun, did you hurt yourself?"

" Oh, this? I accidentally tripped and I scratched my face on the edge of the counter at home." I chuckled at how clumsy he was. I ruffled his hair and told them to get into the car. Before I left, I touched my neck: the necklace is there. I got into the car and drove us to school.

" So Baekhyun-hyung, where did you go after the lecture yesterday?" I looked at the rearview mirror and listened to their conversation. It's quite hard not to listen to them since we are in the same car. Also Chanyeol and Baekhyun have naturally loud voices.

" I was volunteering at a nursing home yesterday." I looked at Baekhyun. I didn't think of him as the type to volunteer. I guess there is always a first for everything.

" Really? You should have told me! I would like to come too!" I couldn't help but laugh at how Chanyeol was acting. He was pouting to Baekhyun plus the puppy eyes. Nobody can't avoid that face except for me. I became so used to it that I'm not affected anymore. I have also noticed that Chanyeol does it more to Baekhyun than anybody else. for Baekhyun... I think? I looked back at the rearview mirror again, and Chanyeol was still pouting.

" Chanyeol, stop using your puppy on face Baekhyun. It's making him feel guilty." Chanyeol turned to Baekhyun.

" R-Really Baekhyun-hyung?"

" N-NO! Chanyeol you aren't making me feel guilty! I-I think your puppy face is c-cute."

" T-Thank you."

Those two are so cute! I wish those two would get together soon.

We arrived at the school, and I dropped the two of them as close as possible where their class is. After I parked the car at the parking lot, I saw a group of people walking towards me. What is worst is that Hyuna-sshi is with them. I put my backpack on and avoided eye contact with them. She was surrounded with people I wasn't familiar with. They were definitely bigger than me, though. I brushed shoulders with them, and for a second everything went black. It was like the whole world became black with no ounce of light. When I looked over my shoulder Hyuna-sshi was looking at me. I swear I saw her eyes turn black again, but now they were brown. I turned my head back and ran to the classroom. I didn't feel like going to the library because I didn't want to be alone.

When I entered the classroom, somebody was already there. Their head was on the table: it looked like they were sleeping. I quietly went to my seat and sat there until the teacher came. I couldn't tell who the person is exactly. At least there was somebody here to keep me company. I looked up to see if the person was still sleeping, but at the same time they lifted their head. My eyes widened as their head turned around: it was Myungsoo. I duck my head into my book and covered my head with my hands. I quickly look up, and our eyes met. I looked away immediately and down at the table as if it was more interesting than him. I decided to look up, for a second, but his head was back down. I sighed and laid my head down too. 

Ten minutes later the other students came in. Then the teacher walked in too and class started. I didn't pay attention, though. The whole entire time I was focused at Myungsoo. I don't know why but I wanted for him to turn around even if it were for a second. I tried focusing on the lecture, but it just didn't grab my attention. I turned my head towards the window since I sit next to it. Something caught my eye: it was a snowflake. Don't ask me how I noticed the snowflake but I just did. More and more started to fall. I looked at the rest of the class if they noticed the snow, but they didn't. They were paying attention to the professor except for one person: Myungsoo. He was looking out the window too.

Could he see the snow? I'm not the only one who is seeing the snow...right?

" Sungyeol-sshi, what are you doing?" I turned my head around to see the others looking at me. I felt coldness touch my hand, and that was when I noticed that I was standing up with my hand against the window. I retracted my hand and sat back down. The professor went back to teaching and the other students took their eyes off of me. From the corner of my eye, I saw that the snow stopped falling. Then I looked up: Myungsoo's attention was back at the professor.

What was I thinking? Why was I standing up? Why... Why was my hand against the cold window?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After I finished with my classes for today, I headed to the library. When I sat down at my usual spot, there was a weird book. The book was red with gold inscriptions. There was nobody else in the library except me and the librarian. Also I didn't see anybody leave when I came in. It looked like it was purposely left here. I grabbed the book and traced my fingers along the book. The book felt so delicate under my touch. My curiosity got the better of me and I opened the book. Though when I opened to the first page, it was empty. I flipped through the other pages and found nothing too. I looked through the whole book: there was absolutely nothing. For such a book like this, it was empty. No words were printed on the blank pages.

Why does this book have no words in it? Who could have left this book out here?

Suddenly I heard my phone ring, and I quickly answered it.

" Hello?"

" Sungyeol-hyung, it's me Chanyeol."

" Oh, Chanyeol-ah. What do you need?"

" I'm going over to Baekhyun-hyung's place to work on a project. So I won't be coming home tonight."

" Hm. Okay. Just... Just be careful."

" Haha! Hyung, why are you telling me to be careful?" I rolled my eyes even though he can't see. I would be worried since he is clumsy at times and still acts like a kid.

" I'm your hyung, that's why! I will see you tomorrow then. Bye."

" Bye hyung!"

I put my phone down on the table after I hung up. Then I looked back at the book. There wasn't a title on the book, only the gold inscriptions on it. Also there should be a label on the book that says it a library book, but there is none. I was really starting to question if this book is actually real. For some reason the book seems...mysterious. Since there is no library label on it and nobody has come to claim it, then it doesn't belong to nobody. I looked around the room to make sure nobody was looking and put the book in my backpack. After I put my things into my backpack, I left the library as fast as possible.

I headed straight towards the car, but then I was stopped. My body began to fall down, and I couldn't stop myself. Everything was too fast for me. I felt my body hit the ground. When I tried to get up I was pushed back down. I looked up to see who the people were, but the sunlight made me not able to see. I felt a kick to my stomach, and then another and another. That was when I heard voices coming closer. The kicking stopped and I was up on my feet again. I shook off the dizziness from all the kicking to my stomach.

" Are you okay?" I opened my eyes to see two people standing in front of me. I looked around to see where the people who beated me went to. They must have ran away becaus they aren't here.

" I-I'm okay. Thank you for helping me." The person with the dirty blonde hair put his hand on my shoulder.

" You're welcome! You aren't badly hurt right?" I shook my head.

" The only thing that hurts is my stomach, but I should be fine. Thank you. I have to go now." I bowed to the both of them and left. Then I stopped because I didn't get their names.

" What are your names?"

" My name is Jang Dongwoo. The one next to me is Lee Howon. He likes to be called Hoya. We are both seniors." I bowed to them once again.

" My name is Lee Sungyeol. It is nice meeting you! Thank you again!" I ran to my car and the engine. The only thing that was running through my mind was to get out of here. I didn't want to meet those guys again. I mean the people who beat me up. Dongwoo-sshi and Hoya-sshi don't seem like bad people. They were the ones who helped me out. It's weird though. When I walked to my car, those people beated me up. It was as if they were waiting for me... No they couldn't have, right?

While I was driving back home, I saw the sign for the road to the forest. There was this aura that was drawing me to it. I got off the exit that leads to the exit. Before I knew it, I was at the same place from last time. I got out of the car, but I made sure that I had my phone with me. Though I realized I probably wouldn't get any connection here.

Chanyeol is going to nag at me if he knows that I came here without telling him. I guess I just won't tell him.

I walked up the path that we went on last time. Nothing has changed from before. When I came to the spot where we confronted the wolves, I got goosebumps all over me. I closed my eyes to try to go back to that day. Chanyeol was on unconcious on the ground, Baekhyun was trying to protect him, and there was me trying to fight the wolves off. The two wolves were attacking me and that was when I told Baekhyun to get out of here with Chanyeol. Then I remember that I fell of the ledge right here. Right after the wolves jumped after me.

I know that the wolves disappered, and after that I saw a black figure walk towards me. Wait. I think the black figure's eyes were... red? I don't know anymore! I do remember seeing a black figure and then I out. Maybe it didn't have red eyes. Maybe I'm just-

" M-My head!" I clutched onto my head. It was starting to hurt like it was hit by a brick. I could feel myself stumble forward, and I tried to stop myself. I couldn't though. The pain in my head made my vision blurry. It was as if everything was mushed together. My feet were getting closer to the edge where I fell last time. No matter how many times I tried to pull back, the pain kept on pushing. 

Please... Stop... It hurts... Help me...

The next thing I knew, I felt my body fall. I hit the ground and rolled a bit. It was a struggle to stand up because of the fall and my head. After a few minutes the pain in my head disappeared. I was finally able to make my surroundings. Then I got angry at myself because I ended up at the same place from last time. It's even worse because it is getting late. Since the sun is setting it means I won't be able to make my way out of here.

Oh yeah! I forgot that I have my phone!

Luckily, my phone was still in my pocket. I took it out, but then I noticed that there was no connection. I stomped my foot and yelled. Then I realized that wasn't a very smart idea. I heard some rustling, and I booked it out of there. It was getting hard to breath from the running, but I had to keep on going. The cold air was biting my cheeks and nose. Darkness was surrounding me quicker and quicker. That was when I saw something from the corners of my eyes. I ran even faster because of it, but then I tripped on a stupid log. When I tried to stand up, I felt pain shoot up from my ankle. I pulled up my pants to see my ankle red and a bit bruised. All of sudden two were wolves were right in front of me. I backed away, but I felt my back touch something. My hand reached up to feel what it was: it was fur. I turned around and saw a black wolf staring at me with red eyes.

T-Those eyes... Is this what I saw last time before I out?

The black wolf stood in front of me and emitted a low growl. Shivers shot through my spine from it. The fur on it's body stood up as if it was angry. Then it got into a stance and lunged at the other two wolves. I just sat there and watched in awe. They were going at each others' necks. All of a sudden the two wolves jumped at the same time and lunged at the black wolf. I abruptly stood up and ran over to the black wolf. I didn't care if I was going to die, two agaisnt one isn't fair!

" Stop it! Don't hurt him! Stop!" The two wolves backed off and the black wolf stood up. I helped it up and then it looked at me. I thought I would be scared of the red eyes, but I wasn't. They seemed warm like... hot chocolate. The wolves were starting to get closer, and the black wolf pushed me back with its tail. That was when I noticed that the other wolves' eyes were black like the night sky.

" Leave him alone. He hasn't bothered you."

" Yes, but he is food to us."

" He could also be a bit...valuable to us too."

" I won't let you have him!"

Whose voices are these? There isn't anybody else here. I'm not going crazy right? It couldn't be the wolves' voices...right?

The black wolf's tail pushed me back further and lunged at them. I wanted to leave but I couldn't. There was a feeling that I couldn't leave the wolf. As the black wolf bit one of their necks, the other one was coming at me. Right at that moment, the black wolf threw the wolf it had by the neck and threw it at the wolf coming at me. Whimpers and growls came from the wolves and they left. I let out a breath that I didn't realize I was holding in.I tried to stand up again, but I fell right back down. I groaned in pain. I must have sprained my ankle when I tripped over that stupid log. I looked up to see if the black wolf was alright. Yep, he was alright because it's face was right in front of me.

" U-Um... H-Hi. My name is S-Sungyeol. Lee Sungyeol. Thank you for saving me. You probably can't understand me, huh?" It got closer up to me. I backed away and turned my head away. Then I felt cool air blow on my ankle. I turned too see what it was doing: it was blowing onto my ankle. With its nose, it nudge me to stand up. I tried again, with the help of the wolf, and stood up. Miraculously, my ankle didn't hurt anymore.

" W-What did you do to my ankle?" Then it motioned for me to do something. I cocked my head in confusion. I heard a low growl from the wolf, and realized what it wanted me to do. I slowly got on its back and held onto its fur. In a flash, it ran and ran. I had to lean down to avoid the branches and from screaming my head off. I have never been on something so fast before. Heck, even I don't drive my car this fast! All of a sudden I felt myself knocked off its back and onto the floor. I rubbed my in pain and stood up.

" Hey! What was that for!? You could have been- Oh. We are at my car." I noticed that the wolf brought me to my car.

" T-Thank you... Hey you're hurt!" The wolf must have got hurt while it was protecting me because it's leg was bleeding. I went to grab something from my car and found a t-shirt in the back. I quickly went back to the wolf and wrapped the shirt around its leg. I must have tie it a bit too tightly because it growled at me.

" S-Sorry. Anyway, it's better now!" It looked at its bandaged wound and back at me. Then it pushed me closer to my car, and ran off. It took me a few seconds that the wolf disappeared in like a second. I slowly got back into my car and the engine. I drove home in silence trying to register what just happened to me.

When I got back home, I threw my backpack onto the ground, and laid on my bed. I was seriously tired from today. Actually, I feel like I'm going to die because of what happened. My head started to hurt, two wolves came at me (again), and then the black wolf came to save me. Maybe I just dreamed of everything. Yeah, I just dreamed of everything. There is no way that there are wovles that are as big as that. Also there is no way a wolf could heal my ankle with...its breath.

I should just sleep it off. It was all a nightmare. But...those eyes. I feel like I have seen them before.

My eyes started to close, and my body was so tired from today. I knocked out right away not caring if I was dirty.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Nobody's POV:

 

" Yah! What happened to you!?" Myungsoo pulled his arm away from Sunggyu's grip. He looked away not wanting to look at Sunggyu's eyes.

" Nothing happened."

" Liar. I can smell two other wolves' scent of you. Also I smell a human. What happened!" Sunggyu grabbed his brother's shoulders and shook him. Pain shot through Myungsoo's arms because of Sunggyu's grip. 

" Sunggyu, stop it. You are only hurting him." Woohyun placed a hand on Sunggyu's shoulder. He was trying to calm down Sunggyu before something bad happens.

" Shut it Woohyun. Sungjong, come over here!" Sungjong ran in with a kit. He put Myungsoo on the chair and went to care for his arm.

" Myungsoo, tell me what happened. I won't get angry at you."

" Promise?"

" P-Promise."

" While I was hunting, I smelled two wolves that didn't belong in the area. Then I smelt a human in the forest too. I figured out the two wolves were going after that human. So I ran after them and tried to protect the human."

" Y-You did what? You know you could have risked our identities! Actually, no, you already ruined it!" Myungsoo stood up but Sungjong was trying to push him back down.

" I couldn't just leave him alone! I wasn't going to let them kill him!" Sunggyu had enough of it and left the room. Woohyun followed suit.

" Myungsoo-hyung, you did the right thing."

" You think so, Sungjong?"

" Yeah, I do."

I just hope I didn't ruin it for us.

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

" Sunggyu, hold up. Sunggyu. Sunggyu!" Sunggyu turned around and his eyes were a blazing red.

" What!? You know our identites could have been revealed! Also I could have lost my brother!"

" But he didn't. You know that Myungsoo is strong. He will become the leader, the Alpha, of the pack anyway. The person you need to worry about is you. You can't even-"

" I know! Y-You don't need to remind me of it all the time..." Sunggyu placed his hand over his chest. He felt tears prickle his eyes, and he ran off to his bedroom.

Why? Why do you have to remind me every single time, Woohyun? Do you hate me so much that you that you don't even care about me anymore? I-I'm sorry... Everything is my fault... Everything...

 

 

 

(A/N: Hey everybody! I finally updated! Yay! Hmmmm... It seems like Sungyeol got even more confused. Also it seems like something happened to Sunggyu and Woohyun in the past! I will just let you imagine what happened between them! Well, thanks for reading, suscribing, and commenting! You guys are the best! Until next time! P.S. Sorry if there are any mistakes!)