Ch. 12- Choices

The Instincts of Love

Sungyeol's POV:

It hurts. I can't breathe. Why does my body feel so wet and cold?

" Wake up!"

Whose voice is that? What's falling on my face?

" P-Please..."

Is the person crying? It's loud now. My body hurts. Everything hurts. My throat hurts. Nothing is coming out my mouth.

Red. Blood. Its everywhere. Whose blood is this? Is it...mine?

" Sungyeol-hyung! Wake up!"

Chanyeol?

 

The light bursted into my eyes as I woke up. I started to panic as I looked around the room. Standing before me were Chanyeol and Baekhyun. They had on worried expressions on their faces. My alarm clock on my nightstand read 9 AM. Class had already started for the three of us. I tried to get up but my body felt too weak to move. Chanyeol had to help me sit up in order for me to get off the bed.

" Hyung, you are covered in sweat." I looked at myself and noticed that I was drenched in cold sweat. My clothes were sticking to me and it didn't help that I feel dizzy too. Right when I tried to stand up, my legs gave up on me. Luckily Chanyeol was there to catch me before I fell.

" Sungyeol-hyung, I think you should stay home today." I shook my head.

" No, I'm fine. We still have our afternoon classes so let me get ready and then we can leave."

Chanyeol finally let go of me and I headed for the bathroom. While I was brushing my teeth, I began to think about the dream I just had. The dream was similar to my other one, but the feeling was entirely different. I could actually feel the pain from my dream. Also the blood- whose blood was it? Mine? Somebody else's blood? I can't recall, but there was someone next to me. They were calling out to me but my body couldn't move. I snapped out of my thoughts when there was a knock on the door.

" Hyung, are you done yet?" I spit out the toothpaste and rinsed my toothbrush.

" Yeah! I just need to get dressed now."

I opened the door and left the bathroom. Then I quickly changed myself and drove to the university as fast as possible without going over the speed limit. When we got the the university, Chanyeol and Baekhyun got out of the car and ran to their class. Their class was going to start soon, but mine wasn't going to start until another hour. I missed my first class so I can't do anything about that. Instead, I went to go get something to eat since I didn't eat yet.

I was walking to the cafeteria until someone appered by my side. I jumped because I was surprised and flinch away from the person. Only to realize that the person who suddenly appeared out of nowhere was Dongwoo-hyung.

" Ah! I'm sorry Sungyeol! Did I scare you?"

" Um, yeah, you kind of did scare me."

" Haha! Sorry! I promise I won't do that again!" We laughed till we reached the cafeteria. We sat down in a corner and began to eat our food.

Wait. Shouldn't Dongwoo-hyung be in class right now? He wouldn't skip, right?

" Dongwoo-hyung, don't you have class right now?"

" Yeah I do but I decided to skip." He said with his mouth full of food.

" Why are you skipping? What class do you have right now?" He put down his sandwhich and stared out the window. I looked out the window too and saw a group of students passing by. That was when I noticed that within that group was Hoya-sshi and Sunhwa-sshi. She had her arm wrapped around Hoya-sshi's arm; they were smiling too. 

" I have field biology. Though I guess you can see why I don't want to be in class right now." I watched as he sighed at the two of them. I thought that Dongwoo-hyung was usually all smiles and laughter, but I was wrong. Underneath his smile is a person who is seeking attention from the person he loves the most.

" Hyung, can I ask you a question?"

" Sure. What is it?" He turned back to me and returned to eating his food.

" D-Do you like Hoya-sshi?" He laughed at me. A laugh full of bitter...and it was icy too.

" I do. Pitiful aren't I?" I shook my head. I took his hands into mine and smiled.

" You aren't! I think you deserve more than what you are getting right now!" Then he finally smiled. A genuine smile too. He let go of my hands and patted my head.

" Thank you Sungyeol. Well, I think I have to go now. I need some time to think to myself. Thanks again for the support. I will see you later."

" Bye."

I waved goodbye to him as he stood up to throw away his food. I noticed that he didn't finish all his food. Once he was out of the cafeteria, from the window I could see him going to the music building. His figure got smaller and smaller until it disappeared into the building. I sighed at Dongwoo-hyung's problem, but there isn't anything I could do about it. I shouldn't be putting in their business when I don't know the whole story.

While I was eating, my mind went back to a week ago. Yeah, it has been a weak since the incident at the library. Myungsoo hasn't talked to me since, and the windows were repaired the next day like nothing happened. Also around the campus, I have seen Woohyun-sshi hang out with this girl I haven't seen before. Sometimes I caught Sunggyu-sshi following them, but it seemed like he was worried. There were numerous times I wanted to ask him why, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. But the thing that bothered me the most was that Myungsoo keeps on ignoring me. Even the classes we have together he doesn't spare me a glance. I just want him to know that I'm here for him despite if were are friends or not. 

I finished eating by myself and then proceeded to my next class. But first I needed to stop to use the bathroom before I explode. I finished doing my business, but something caught my eye. The two guys from the library incident were walking towards the music building. I ran over there and hid behind the wall. It wasn't until another ten minutes did they come out. They didn't come out alone, though. Dongwoo-hyung was being carried by one of the guys. I dropped my backpack on the floor and ran after them.

" Let go of him!"

They both turned around. With everything I have, I pushed down the guy carrying Dongwoo-hyung. In result, they both fell down making Dongwoo-hyung roll away. I got up quickly but then I was pushed down. I tried getting out of their hold. Out of nowhere, I saw three more people coming each carrying a person. I couldn't make out who they were because my vision was getting blurry. The guy was pressing something against my mouth that my whole body felt like shutting down. And that's what it did: everything became black.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hoya's POV:

 

I was leaning against the wall of the science building waiting for Sunhwa. She said that she had to go inside to grab something she forgot, but she hasn't come out for five minutes. I'm pretty sure it doesn't take that long to grab a folder. Also there was this weird feeling inside of me too. The pendant on the necklack got a bit dark but it has been like that for a while.

I began to get even more impatient so I went inside the building. Then I went to the room where she said she had to go get her folder. But when I opened the door, one of the windows was shattered, and her backpack was on the floor. I ran over and picked up her backpack. She wasn't anywhere around the room. There isn't a single trace of her but her backpack. I took out my phone to call her. Her phone went off- her phone is inside her backpack.

At that time I got a message. I opened the text message and there were two videos with two addresses attached to them. I opened up the first one. A person appeared with a mask on.

" Hello there! You are probably wondering what is happening aren't you? Well, I have a friend of yours here." From how deep the voice is, the person sounded like a man. But then my heart stopped beating for a second the moment the person moved away. Right there sitting on the chair was Dongwoo. 

" D-Dongwoo..." It zoomed onto Dongwoo's face. Blood. Dry blood coming down his head and his lips. He looks unconcious too. The person's face appeared once again and right now I want to punch their face.

" It's nice seeing your friend, isn't? He is pretty strong to withstand our punches and kicks. I have to give him some credit. He put up a good fight. Now, are you willing to come for him?" There was a pause. Then he spoke up again.

" On the bottom of the video there is an address. Come if you want to, but there is another video too. I'm sure you want to watch that too."

The video went blank. I scrolled through my phone and my finger lingered over the screen. I hesitated to open the video. Once I touched it, a person with a different mask came on.

" I guess this is the second video isn't? I probably should move, shouldn't I?" The person moved away, and I almost dropped my phone. Just like the previous video, there was another person sitting on the chari. This time the person was Sunhwa.

" See who I have here? I have your little girlfriend. Now, you either choose to come for your girlfriend...or your friend. Who will you choose? Your girlfriend or your friend that you have known for a long time? Also there are consequences to your choice. Be at either place within an hour."

The video went blank once again and on the bottom was the address where Sunhwa is. The two addresses are in two different parts of the city, but I can only choose one. Also he said that I can only choose one person to save. Dongwoo ro Sunhwa. Sunhwa or Dongwoo. Consequences. There are consequence to whoo I choose too. But I don't know what the consequences are.

Why is this so hard? Why did they get kidnapped?! Who am I going to choose?!

Time is passing by as I stand there doing nothing. I dropped Sunhwa's backpack onto the floor and ran out of the building. I ran as fast as possible to my car and start the engine. When I got to the car, I noticed Dongwoo's phone on the passenger seat. I must have not seen it when we got out of the car this morning. I picked up the phone and unlocked it. I closed my eyes right after I saw the screensaver of his phone. I threw the phone back onto the seat and drove.

I'm sorry. Please forgive me.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

Woohyun's POV:

 

I haven't seen Jiyeon-sshi or Sunggyu all day. Also I have had a bad feeling since this morning when I woke up. Things didn't seem right especially these two suspicious people. They haven't appeared since this morning, but who knows. Anything can happen, and right now I want to know what happened to Jiyeon-sshi and Sunggyu.

When class ended, I was walking to the music building for my last class of the day. I entered the building and went to the private music room. But I noticed the door was already open. I peeked inside the room and saw music sheets scattered around the floor. I leaned down to pick up one of the sheets. On the sheet there were initials on it. " K.S."

KS? Who is that?... Wait... It couldn't be, right? He stopped playing a long time ago. He-

DING DING

I placed the sheet on the top of the piano and took out my phone from my pocket. There were two messages from an unknown number. I opened the first message and saw there was an address on the bottom too. My eyes widened when I saw the video.

" Nam Woohyun. I have something I want to show you, " the person moved out of the way, " I have a friend of yours here. He is actually awake. Yah! Say something!" The video zoomed onto Sunggyu who was looking down. I couldn't get to see his face but he was breathing. That's a good sign.

" W-Woohyun. Make the right choice, okay? I-I won't be mad. I'm-"

" Whoops! The video has to end now! There is an address on the bottom where we are holding him. Also you better watch the other video too. It might be interesting too."

The video message ended. I don't know who, but they were holding onto Sunggyu. From what I was able to see, it seems like they are in some sort of warehouse. But I don't know where. Sunggyu... He looked like he got beat up. There was blood on his shirt. Blood... Blood.

I hesitated to open the next message. When I opened up the video message, another person popped on the video. This time they didn't do a long introduction and instead showed me the person who they were holding. It felt like my heart dropped when I saw the person. Sitting on the chair tied up was Jiyeon-sshi. She was breathing but wasn't making any movement. She must be unconcious, and it seems like she isn't hurt.

" You know the situation. Let's just say you have two choices. Sunggyu or this girl right here. Your choice, but choices always have consequences. Come to either of the addresses in an hour. Until then."

Once the video message ended, I booked it out of the music room. I ran pass by some other students who were staring at me weirdly. Their faces blurred as I passed by. When I got inside my car, I started the engine, and looked at the message once more for the addresses. The two locations weren't far apart from each other, but I still only had once choice.

Consequences. What did that person mean by whoever I choose there will be consequences? Nothing bad will happen to either of them right?

Then Sunggyu's words rang back into my head.

" Make the right choice, okay? I won't be mad."

What do you want me to do, Sunggyu? I can't just leave you or Jiyeon-sshi. But your words...did you truly mean them?

I looked at the two addresses once more. Thoughts kept on running through my mind. Then it happened. My memories of the past suddenly appeared. The smile. How everything became brighter when they walked into the room. How they made my days a little bit better. When the incident happened, it was like a piece of my heart was ripped off.

I groaned in frustration. Why does everything have to be so difficult? Why did Sunggyu have to get himself into trouble? Why can't he just stay out of it for once? I threw my phone onto the passenger seat. I made up my mind to where I will go to. Even if there are consequences to whoever I choose. I made sure to text Sungjong what happened. Just in case anything happened and I needed back up.

Please, wait for me. I'm coming for you. I promise I won't let anything happen to you.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

Myungsoo's POV:

 

" Myungsoo-hyung!" I turned around to see Sungjong running towards me. He stopped in front of me and placed his hands on his knees to catch his breath. I was going to ask what was wrong until he took my phone out.

" What the heck are you doing, Sungjong?"

" Woohyun-hyung messaged me saying that something bad happened. Hyung, you have a message from an unknown number!" I snatched my phone away from Sungjong and opened up the message. It wasn't a regulare message: it was a video message.

" This is Myungsoo's cell phone number right? It better be because it was hard trying to get your number. Anyways, I have a bit of a surprise for you," the person moved their masked face from the camera, " Tadah! Look who we have here! Sungyeol is his name right? He actually tried to fight against us when we kidnapped the Dongwoo guy. Oops! I probably shouldn't have said that!"

I ignored everything the peson was saying. My eyes were focused on Sungyeol's still figure. I could see his chest rising and falling meaning that he is alive. I wouldn't know what to do it was... you know what. But I noticed that there was blood on the side of his face. I wanted to scream at the person, scream for Sungyeol to wake up, but it is futile. It's a video message so there wouldn't be a response.

" Give me the phone, you idiot," the camera shifted over and somebody else was now being recorded.

" I'm sure you want this person back, right? On the bottom there is an address attached. If you don't arrive here within an hour, then I can't assure your friend's safety. So yo should probably hurry up here. There are consequences if you don't make it in time." The video message ended, but I swear I heard Sungyeol say something.

" Myungsoo, help me."

" Myungsoo-hyung." I felt a tug on my sleeve and tore my eyes from my phone.

" Sungjong-ah, what am I going to do?"

" What else are you doing to do? You are going to go save Sungyeol of course! The two of you are friends and friends should always help each other!" I questioned him as to why he thinks Sungyeol and I are friends. Sungjong covered my hands with his hand and shook his head.

" Don't deny it, hyung. I know you have a bond with Sungyeol. I can see that you two have a bond that can't be broken. I don't know if you guys are going to end up staying as friends or even more. But I know one thing: we should probably get to that location before the times up."

Sungjong grabbed onto my hand and we ran to the car. Everything was a blurr to me as the only thing in my mind was Sungyeol. I don't know why they took Sungyeol, but I'm going to kill them if they hurt Sungyeol anymore.

" Sungjong."

" Hm?"

" What do you mean by ' more?' " He turned his head to me and smiled.

" I don't know either, but trust me on this one. Now let's go before it's too late."

The two of us got into the car and drove to the location. I have never been over in those parts of the city. Actually, I don't think we are supposed to be in those parts. If I remember correctly, the Rebel wolves mark some of those parts as theirs. Some other pack owns the rest of the land, but I don't remember who they were. If I only remembered then I could ask for their help. From what Sungjong told me earlier that something bad happen, I don't think it just involves Sungyeol. I hope it isn't anything that it will escalate into something larger. All I need to do now is get Sungyeol out of there and take him some place safe. His house wouldn't be right because they could come after him there.

" Myungsoo-hyung, you are thinking too much." I snapped out of my thoughts and slightly turned my head to Sungjong. I realized he was right and sighed.

" I'm sorry. Its just... I don't know. All I can think about is Sungyeol."

" That's good then. All we need to do is save him." I nodded in response.

" Yeah, that's all we need to do."

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Nobody's POV:

 

" You should look at the screen." He turned his head away.

" I don't want to."

" Are you sure?" There was no response. " Fine then." Out of nowhere, somebody yelled out in pain. The person's head flew up and looked at one of the screen. Then he turned his head to the person standing next to him wishing that he can actually burn holes into their head with his glare.

" I wouldn't try anything funny if I were you."

" Why? Why are you doing this?!" The person turned away and smugly smiled at the television screen.

" Why am I doing this? The reason is," they turned back to the person sitting on the chair and whispered into their ear, " it's my chance to change the world. Don't you want the same... Sunggyu-sshi?" 

The said person tried to get off the chair but the ropes tied around him were tighter than he thought. He was contemplating whether or not to change into a wolf. But when he saw and heard the other guy scream, he couldn't do it.

" Let go of them. They haven't nothing to do with this."

" Oh, but they do. Your friend Dongwoo, Sunhwa, Jiyeon, and the human boy Sungyeol have everything to do with this. Also the more people the more interesting it is!" Sunggyu clenched his teeth and emitted a low growl. His eyes were starting to become red until he was punched in the stomach.

" Like I said, don't try any funny business or else we will make your friend scream even louder."

Sunggyu didn't say anything back after that. If it some what protected them then he was willing to do anything. Even if it means he has to sacrifice himself for others. He is willing to die to protect the people important to him.

" Well, well, well. It seems like we have our first visitor. You should look up."

He did look up. But he wasn't expecting what he was going to see. He wished something else happened but it didn't. The exact opposite happened, and there was nothing he could do about it. Anger and frustration was building inside him and there was no way to let it out but to change into a werewolf. He couldn't do that either, though. If he did, the safety of the others would be jeopardise. But right now, he wanted to kill the person that just entered the screen.

" It seems like one of your friends has made their choice. I hope he is ready for the consequences."

The person left leaving Sunggyu with two guards. They were both wearing mask but not making eye contact with Sunggyu. While they were just standing there, Sunggyu kept on looking at the four television screens. Guilt, fear, and anger raged through him. He wanted to do something, but the results are unknown to him. He hates this feeling of not being able to do anything but watch. All he could do was watch.

 

 

 

 

 

(A/N: Hey! Sorry for the late update! Also sorry if the chapter is short. I will try to make the next one a bit longer, I hope. Anyways, thanks for reading, suscribing, and commenting! P. S. Sorry for any mistakes.)