Ch. 14- Second Choice

The Instincts of Love

Nobody's POV:

Sunggyu stopped in front of his house and let Kevin and Dongwoo get off. The two of them went inside first while Sunggyu changed back. Sungjong quickly came out with a robe and gave it to Sunggyu. He thanked Sungjong and they went inside. When they entered the house the atmosphere changed. Everyone turned their heads to Sunggyu, but Sunggyu's eyes were on a single person. Anger poured out of Sunggyu as he walked to the person and gripped his shirt.

" Why didn't you go for Dongwoo?! You are his Protecter! Did you forget that when you went to save Sunhwa!" Hoya's eyes widened scared what Sunggyu was going to do to him.

" H-How did you know that?"

" How did I know? They placed television screens where I was being held! I watched Dongwoo get punched, kicked, and he could have died if it weren't for me! If you had went for him instead he wouldn't be in so much pain." Sunggyu let go of Hoya's shirt and pushed him to the floor. Woohyun went to help Hoya up making Sunggyu angrier. 

" Woohyun, let go of Hoya. He doesn't deserve to be helped," he turned around and headed for the stairs, " and neither do you."

At that, Sunggyu went upstairs and entered Myungsoo's room. He quietly opened the door not knowing if Myungsoo is in his room or not. When he did, there was Myungsoo bandaged up sleeping on his bed with Sungyeol next to him. Sungyeol was holding onto Myungsoo's hand. He didn't have a blanket on him so Sunggyu grabbed the throw over and placed it on Sungyeol. Then he went to the side his brother was sleeping and sat on the edge. Sunggyu brushed away Myungsoo's wet bangs and sighed.

" Myungsoo, I'm proud of you. You were the only who protected someone important to you."

Sunggyu retracted his hand when his body began to shake uncontrollably. He got out Myungsoo's room immediately and went to his. Once he pushed the door open, he fell to the floor of his room. Flashes of heat made his body react to shake and it didn't help that he was still injured. He muffled his screams by biting onto his lips. Then he took off his necklace afraid Woohyun would feel the pain.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

He looked down to see blood falling to the floor. One by one droplets of blood fell down. The pain had disappeared but was replaced by the blood. In the blood was all the pain that was in Sunggyu's body. Slowly, he touched his face feeling the blood coming from his eyes. Tears. He was crying tears of blood. It was struggle to stand up but he was able to do it. There was barely any energy inside of him but he still had to do one thing.

Wiping away the red tears with the sleeve of his robe, he walked out of his room. On the way out he bumped in Kevin. Kevin's injuries got tended by Sungjong who he was really thankful for. To be more exact he was thankful to all of them.

" Kevin-sshi, are you feeling better?"

" Yes, I am. Thank you for helping Dongwoo-sshi and I. I don't know how to thank you." Sunggyu shook his head at Kevin.

" There is no need to. I'm just glad you and Eli-sshi aren't badly injured."

" Still, I want to say thank you." Kevin bowed making Sunggyu flustered. This is the first time someone has done that for him so he didn't know how to react. He motioned for Kevin to stop because he felt like he didn't deserve this.

" Oh yeah! I brought Dongwoo-sshi to the spare bedroom. I thought you would want to know."

" Thank you. Also can you and Eli-sshi stay at a friend's house tonight?"

" Hm? Why?"

" I just want to make sure you two are safe." Kevin smiled that Sunggyu was caringg for the safety them. Even though they don't know each what happened today brought them closer.

" I know a friend who will be letting us stay at their place for a few nights."

" Good. I guess I will see you at school tomorrow then."

" You are going to school? Will you be alright?" Sunggyu smiled and nodded his head.

" Yeah, I will. Don't worry about me."

" Okay then. Bye then. Thank you again!"

" Bye."

They waved their hands at each other and went their own ways. Sunggyu headed to the spare bedroom and Kevin went back downstairs. As he was passing by the room, he saw a light peeking under Myungsoo's door. Not knowing what was behind, he slowly opened the door. The thing is, the light suddenly disappeared. It was as if it wasn't there before. Sunggyu shrugged his shoulders thinking he was imagining things and closed the door. He continued to the spare bedroom and quietly opened the door.

Dongwoo was lying on the bed sleeping. Sunggyu looked over Dongwoo and saw all the bandages. He knew this wasn't going to heal Dongwoo so he yelled out for Sungjong to bring his cellphone to him.

" Here you go hyung."

" Thank you." He dialed up a number he knew from heart and pressed it against his ear.

" Hello?"

" It's me, Sunggyu."

" Oh! Sunggyu, is there something wrong? You don't usually call me unless it's an emergency."

" It is. My friend is badly injured so I was wondering if you could come over and check up on him."

" I will come over right now. I will be there in about fifteen minutes."

" Thank you. See you later than."

" See you." Sunggyu hung up and handed the phone back to Sungjong.

" Sungjong, can you wait for the doctor to come here? I need to speak for Hoya privately."

" U-Uh, sure."

" Thanks." Sunggyu ruffled Sungjong's hair as he walked out of the room and went downstairs.

When Sunggyu got downstairs he gestured for Hoya to follow him outside. Hoya followed without a word and Woohyun was going to follow until Sunggyu stopped him.

" Don't you dare follow. Got it?" Woohyun stopped in his tracks and emitted a low growl. He wanted to know what Sunggyu and Hoya were going to do afraid it might turn for the worst if he isn't there.

Sunggyu and Hoya continued further into the forest until Sunggyu suddenly disappeared. Hoya spun around in circles trying to find him but he couldn't spot him anywhere. Not until Sunggyu jumped out of nowhere in his wolf from. With each step Sunggyu took Hoya took a step back. Then he was backed to a tree and Sunggyu charged at him. Hoya dropped to the ground and rolled to the side. Anger filled up inside of him and he changed to a full werewolf too. Now, both of them full of anger, frustration, and guilt raged throughout their body.

They lunged at each at the same time slamming heads. Hoya's eyes a gentle purple and Sunggyu's eyes a raging red. The need of wanting to go at each other but try not to kill surged within them. It was hard-- especially for Sunggyu. Seeing his friend get hurt because Hoya didn't save him first. Dongwoo wasn't Hoya's first choice. And then a thought made him realize something: he wasn't Woohyun's first choice either. Sunggyu's movements slowed down and that was when Hoya took his chance.

He jumped at Sunggyu knocking him down to the ground. Right when he was about to claw him, Sunggyu snapped out of his thoughts and pushed Hoya off with his hind legs. With the strength Sunggyu used, Hoya hit a tree causing it to snap. Their breathing was beginning to shorten but both weren't going to stop. The fuse in them was still on.

Sunggyu got back up but Hoya was still on the ground. Sunggyu took one step at a time towards Hoya. Suddenly it was like a switch in Sunggyu's head . He didn't know what he was doing anymore and before he knew it he was on top of Hoya. His claws were out ready at Hoya's throat. He only retracted them when a voice shook him.

" Sunggyu, stop it! STOP IT!" Sunggyu slowly turned his head around to see Woohyun running towards them.

" W-Woohyun."

" You idiot! Are you trying to kill Hoya for choosing somebody else than Dongwoo! Get a hold of yourself for once!" At the demand of Woohyun's words did he get off of Hoya.

Images of blood and a sad smile flew in Sunggyu's head. He shook his head trying to get the images out but it was no good. Woohyun began to approach him sensing something was wrong with Sunggyu. Though he stopped when Sunggyu ran off. It was already too late because Sunggyu was long gone. Now, his attention went to Hoya who finally got up from the ground.

" Hoya, you alright?"

" Yeah, I'm not hurt that badly. No broken bones or anything, though, I didn't expect for Sunggyu to become like that."

Woohyun looked towards the direction Sunggyu ran off to and nodded his head, " Me too."

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Myungsoo's POV:

 

Ugh. My body hurts so much. What's this warmth I'm feeling all of a sudden?

I opened my eyes to see a white wall above me. I blinked my eyes a few times to get the tiredness out of them. Then I looked around realizing I'm in my room. Though I got more of a shock to see Sungyeol sleeping next to me. Also he was holding onto my hand. I tried pulling my hand but unexpectedly his grip on my hand was stronger than I though. I just sighed and stared at him. I'm not a creep or anything but there wasn't much I could do since my body hurts so much.

I looked at the little scratches on Sungyeol's face and I got a bit angry. I didn't want Sungyeol to get hurt but he still did. I'm sure he isn't just physically hurt but mentally and emotionally too. Though the image of him crying still didn't escape my mind. He was actually crying for me. This is actually the first time I have seen someone cry for me. Of course people have been worried about me but I haven't seem them cry before. Maybe it's because I never got myself in this kind of danger before. I guess it's first for everything.

" M-Myungsoo?" I smiled as Sungyeol rubbed his eyes.

He kind of looks like a puppy. Those big eyes of his and those chubby cheeks. Wait. He looks more like an owl! A cute owl-- Myungsoo! What are you saying?! Snap out of it you fool! You shouldn't compare a person to an animal! Though you youself are kind of one.

" Myungsoo, what are you thinking so hard about?"

" H-Huh? Oh, haha, nothing!" It became silent all of sudden, but then Sungyeol's laughter filled up the room. I laughed along with him for no apparent reason.

" I'm glad you are feeling better. Does your back still hurt? Your arm?"

" My back still hurts," then I looked at my arm and realized it didn't hurt at all. " I think my arm feels better than it should."

" Really? Want me to check?" I nodded my head and he began to unwrap the bandages. My eyes, well both of our eyes, widened seeing there wasn't any wound. It was as if I didn't get hurt there.

" H-How is this possible?! Myungsoo, do werewolves have like super healing or something?"

" Um, well, I know we heal faster than humans but not like this."

" Hmm, weird. You must be a special case then!" Sungyeol smiled idiotically at me. I just smiled still confused at how this was possible. I was about to say something but then there was a knock at the door.

" Myungsoo-hyung?"

" Come in!" The door opened. In came Sungjong with new bandages and some food.

" Oh, hi Sungjong!" Sungjong looked up at Sungyeol and smiled. I smiled too because Sungjong isn't the type to get close to others that quickly.

" Hi, Sungyeol-hyung. You seem better."

" Yeah, I feel a lot better but now I'm really hungry."

" Well, I brought you two food. It isn't much since I haven't went grocery shopping." I shook my head at Sungjong.

" It's okay. Thank you, Sungjong-ah."

" No problem. Well I have to go check up on Dongwoo-hyung. The doctor came by to check up on him and Sunggyu-hyung made me watch over Dongwoo too." I nodded my head. Then I gestured him that he could go check on Dongwoo.

" Eat well you too!"

" Thank you Sungjong!"

" You're welcome, Sungyeol-hyung."

It's a good thing Sungjong brought the food on the small table thing that way we could eat it on my bed. Sungyeol helped me sit up on my bed and then actually tried to feed me. I raised my eyebrows at seeing if he was really serious. He just motioned me to open my mouth which I reluctantly did. It tasted really good. I will have to buy some lemon lollipops for Sungjong later.

We kept on eating in silence with a few chuckles here and there. When we finished eating, Sungyeol brought down the tray of food downstairs. I sat on my bed waiting for him but then I realized that I put Sungyeol's necklace in my desk drawer. It took a lot more energy than I thought when standing up. I opened the drawer and took out his necklace. I held it up and it little glint. But when I walked towards my bed, passing the window, the necklace sparkled even more. So I held it at the window and the necklace changed from a white diamond to an icy, blue diamond. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. I looked out the window and realized it was a crescent moon.

The creaking of the door made me jumped. I turned around to see Sungyeol holding a cup of water and some pills. He put them down on the nightstand and walked towards me.

" Myungsoo, what are you doing up from the bed! You should be laying down!"

" Alright, alright." Sungyeol brought me to the bed thinking that I wouldn't be able to do it myself. I settled under the blanket ad he puffed up my pillow. I just chuckled at how Sungyeol was acting which got me glares from him.

" Oh, that's my necklace! I thought I wouldn't be able to find it again!"

" Sungyeol, I swear you keep on losing this all the time."

" I do not!" A pout formed on his face as he crossed his arms.

" Here, let me put it on you."

" H-Huh?"

I gestured for him to lean over so I could put it on him. He did as what I told him. Though I think it was a bad decision because now I can feel him breathing on my neck. My hands were actually shaking because of it. Finally, I clasped the thing together and he pulled away a smile.

" Thanks for finding it for me." My heart stopped beating. This is the second time it has happened, and I don't like it one bit.

Do I have some sort of disease? Maybe I'm sick. Yeah. Let's go with that!

" Myungsoo."

" Hm?"

" Is it okay if I sleep here tonight. I called my brother when I went downstairs so it should be fine. Though I could tell he was crying from his little sniffles. I swear I don't know what I'm going to do with him. It's a good thing Baekhyun is staying with him or else Chanyeol would be panicking." 

" It's good you have a brother like that. It just means he really cares for you. And yeah you can stay for the night if you want. I will call Sungjong to take-- Hey! W-What are you doing?!" Sungyeol moved to the other side of the bed and slid under the blanket.

" What does it look like? I'm sleeping here tonight. What if you need me to get you something? If I were put into another room then I wouldn't be able to help you."

" I'm not that weak Sungyeol. I will be--"

" Don't say you will be fine!" I got shocked that Sungyeol yelled at me. What more was that he started to cry.

" Y-Yah! Why are you crying!"

" B-Because I thought I lost a f-friend!" I sighed and smiled. I ruffled Sungyeol's head and wiped away the trailing tears.

" I'm sorry for worrying you. I even made you cry two times today. Get some sleep, okay?"

" Okay. Goodnight."

" Goodnight Sungyeol."

I felt Sungyeol place his hand over mine. His grip on my hand was a bit tight but I knew he was just afraid. Afraid that something will happen to me. We are friends so of course we would worry for each other. I'm glad we are like this. I'm glad we are friends.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Woohyun's POV:

 

It was getting darker and darker as I looked for Sunggyu. In my hand was Sunggyu's necklace. I found it on the ground in his room. He must have removed it, but the thing that worried me the most was the blood. There were droplets of blood on his floor and they were fresh too. The thing is: the blood was darker than usual. That made me even worry more. I don't know what is happening with Sunggyu but I have to find him before hurts himself. I his necklace into my jacket pocket in case I dropped it.

While I was navigating through the forest, I came by a lake. I don't ever remember seeing a lake there, but there was a person. The person's back looked similar to Sunggyu's. I quietly took steps towards the figure. It seems like the person didn't notice me because they made no sudden movement. But when I got closer I saw that the person was . I stopped for a few seconds and looked at the figure.

The person started to walk into the lake which was sparkling from the moonlight. My breathing hitched when the person became basked in the moonlight. Now, it was like the person's skin was sparkling; so white and pure. It was like porcelain. A twig snapped under my feet catching the person's attention. My eyes widened when I saw their face: it was Sunggyu. My instincts took over as I ran over to him and grabbed his arm. What I wasn't expecting to see him crying. There were bruises all over his body and he was shivering. The Sunggyu right now looks totally different.

" W-Woohyun... What are you doing h-here?" He tried pulling his arm from me but my grip was too tight. I realized he was still so I took off my jacket and wrapped it around him.

" Lets go back." He shook his head. My hand wasn't on him so he took a few steps back into the water. He was knee deep in.

" Leave me alone."

" No."

The way he was gripping onto the jacket reminded me of someone. I don't know why but the image of me putting my jacket on Jiyeon came up. More images of the past popped up. They were like bombs: exploding in my head to the point where I couldn't think anymore. My body began to move on its own and I ripped the jacket off of Sunggyu. He flinched when I did that and backed away further. Now he was waist deep.

" Sunggyu, get out of the water."

" NO!"

" Stop being childish and get out of! You're going to get sick if you don't!" I walked back to the edge of the lake and placed my jacket on the ground. I don't want it to get wet.

" Why can't you leave me alone? You have done it so many times before. Just do it again and again and again."

" What are you talking about? You are exhausted from today." I grabbed his arm and pulled him in roughly. Without thinking, I wrapped my arms around him. His face was against was my chest so I couldn't hear what he was saying.

" What did you say?"

" ...I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I can't always meet your expectations. Even now and back then. I'm always your second choice, aren't I?...I'm sorry."

All of a sudden Sunggyu went limp in my arms. I gripped him tighter making sure he he didn't fall. I carried him bridal style and walked back to the edge of the lake. Then I wrapped my jacket around him covering him properly. I looked down to see Sunggyu sleeping, but there trails of tears on his face. The thing that amused the most was that is made me feel...sad. Maybe it's pity. Maybe I pity Sunggyu because of everything that has happened. Pity.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

When we got back to Sunggyu's house, Sungjong came running downstairs. I told him it wasn't anything and that he should go to sleep. Sungjong seemed to believe me and headed straight to his room. I went upstairs to bring Sunggyu to his room. As I placed Sunggyu on his bed, I went to grab a towel from the bathroom to wipe away the droplets of blood on the floor. Then I threw that in the basket and went back to Sunggyu.

I looked through his drawers for boxers, sweats, and a t-shirt. After I got those, I took off my jacket from Sunggyu and placed his clothes on him. It's not awkward because we have to get used to seeing each other after we turn back from our wolf form. It would be better if we could have our clothes on afterwards but I guess that can't happen.

Then I remembered that I have his necklace in my jacket pocket. I went to retrieve it and then put it on him. I looked down at my necklace and noticed the whiteness of the pearl was disappearing. It was becoming grey as if the pureness of it was being out. Sunggyu must be really tired that why the pendant is like that. There was nothing to worry about.

After I made sure everything was good, I pulled the blanket over him and bid a goodnight. But when I reached the door, the words that came out of Sunggyu's mouth stopped me.

" You will be happy someday. I promise you." I didn't know what to say. Heck, I didn't know what those words mean. All I could say was,

" Goodnight, Sunggyu."

" Goodnight, Namu."

I felt myself stir at the old nickname he used to call me. Though, it didn't last long. I walked out of the room, downstairs, and the outside to my car. I wasn't going to stay here. I needed some time to myself to think. And what those words meant.

 

 

 

(A/N: Update once again! Spring break is definitely the time to update! Yep! Anyways thanks for reading, suscribing, and commenting! Until next time! Sorry if there are any mistakes!)