Ch. 1- The First Encounter

The Instincts of Love

Sungyeol’s POV:

“ Sungyeol-hyung, let’s go hiking in the forest today!”

“ Why? I don’t want to go Chanyeol! Can’t you and Baekhyun go by yourself?”

“ But mom won’t let Baekhyun-hyung and I go by ourselves! Please just go with us this time! I promise I won’t bother you anymore!” I put down my book on my lap and sighed.

“ Fine, go get ready. This better be the last time too!”

“ Thanks hyung!”

As Chanyeol went to his room, I went to mine and changed into comfortable clothes for hiking. I went to get a backpack, packed water and food, and extra clothes just in case it gets cold. I also brought a flashlight too just in case it gets dark all of a sudden. Once I was finished packing, I called Chanyeol down. Then the doorbell rang and I was about to go answer it but Chanyeol beat me to it.

“ Baekhyun-hyung!”

“ Chanyeol!” I rolled my eyes at the two of them. Even though they just saw each other a few hours ago, they become all mushy and stuff. I checked to make sure I had my phone in my pocket, and then grabbed my keys. I gave the spare keys to Chanyeol too since he can drive too. We headed to the car, and we started to drive to the forest.

“ Hyung, it has been a while since we have been here hasn’t it? I remember last time we came here you got lost.” I didn’t want to think about what happened when I was ten years old. To be more exact, I can’t remember what happened exactly. All I remember is when I came to my senses I was in the hospital. They were surprised I wasn’t hurt or anything just with a few minor scratches.

“ Yeah, it has been a while since we have been here. Dad and mom will be mad when they find out that we came out here without their consent.”

“ So? As long as I have you, then it doesn’t matter! Hurry up hyung! We have to get there before it gets dark!”

“ Okay okay! Hold your horses! Sorry Baekhyun that you have to deal with this everyday.” I looked at the rearview mirror, and I could see a faint blush on his cheeks.

“ N-No, it’s okay. Chanyeol makes my days more enjoyable.” I smiled at his response.

For some reason, I have a weird feeling going to the forest. I hope nothing bad happens.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

At the forest…

 

“ Hyung, hurry up and get out of the car!”

“ Alright just wait! I have to make sure I have everything before we leave! Do you have everything Chanyeol?”

“ Yeah I do!”

“ Okay, it seems like I got everything. Time to go then.” I closed the door and locked the car.

I walked up to the two of them and we proceeded through the forest. At least there was a trail we could walk on or else we could have got lost on the way back. As we walked around the forest, Chanyeol and Baekhyun would pick up random things like a feather, rocks, or flowers. Then as we passed this tree, I saw a big scratch on it. All of a sudden I got a shiver down my spine, and I didn’t like it one bit. I kept staring at the scratch, and then my head started to hurt. It really started to hurt. This wasn’t some migraine either. This is something way worse than that.

“ Sungyeol-hyung, are you alright?” My head stopped hurting, and things felt a bit lighter now.

“ Y-Yeah, I’m alright. I think I’m just getting tired from walking so much.” Chanyeol wrapped his arm around my shoulder and laughed.

“ Haha! Sungyeol-hyung is getting older by the minute! Is it okay if Baekhyun-hyung and I walk ahead of you for a bit?”

“ Fine, but I have to be able to see you. Got it?” He nodded his head at me and went to grab Baekhyun. Like I said, they only walked a couple of feet ahead of me so they were in my line of vision.

We continued walking on the trail, and luckily it hasn’t got dark yet. Then I heard a rustle on the right, but when I looked over, there wasn’t anything or anybody. I shook off the feeling, and continued walking. As we kept on going, my head started to buzz which caused my head to hurt. Then I started seeing an image of my younger self, walking right in front of me. He was carrying a bag just like the one I was carrying, and he was holding onto something else that I couldn’t depict. It looked white, though. Also it has ears, but that was all I could make out.

“ CHANYEOL! SOMEBODY HELP!”

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Baekhyun’s scream. I ran over to them as quickly as possible, but I didn’t realize that I was so far behind them. I pushed my legs as hard as possible making me lose my breath when I got to them. Right in front of me was two black wolves. My eyes widened when I saw Chanyeol on the ground unconscious. I looked around for anything, and I saw a big stick on the side of the trail. I quickly picked it up and ran over to them. I pushed Baekhyun behind me and tried to scare away the wolves. Thought something felt off about the wolves. It was as if there was this human aspect to them, but I just couldn’t make it out.

“ Get away! Get away! Go!”

They didn’t listen, though. Their growls grew louder and then they came at me. I pushed the stick between the black wolf’s mouth, and threw my backpack at the other. Then I kicked the black wolf off of me. I saw the other black wolf run to the other and lifted it up with its head. It was getting hard to breath even though it was only the beginning.

“ Baekhyun, get Chanyeol out of here right now! Go! I will deal with these two somehow!”

“ B-But!”

“ Go!” He nodded his head at me and lifted Chanyeol out of here.

“ Now it’s just us three.”

They came at me again and I was able to dodge them. Slowly they walked over to me, but then behind me there was a little cliff that I could jump off. I looked at them then back at the little cliff and decided to jump off. I jumped off quickly and landed on my feet, surprisingly, and ran to who knows where. Behind me, I could hear them running too, and then from the corners of my eyes, I could see them running at both of my sides.

! They are outrunning me! By the time I make it over there, they would have beaten me to it.

I suddenly came to a stop when heard a wolf howl. This was a different wolf, though. Then I realized the two wolves disappeared, and a pang came to my head again. The pain kept on increasing, and I fell to my knees. I tried to open my eyes, but the pain was getting too much. When I was able to finally open my eyes, a single leaf slowly fell right in front of me. Then as it landed on the ground, my vision started to blur, but I could make out a figure that was all in black.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

“ Who are you?”

“ You can hear my thoughts?”

“ Yeah, I can hear them. Is that bad?”

“ No, it’s my first time meeting a person who isn’t scared of me and can read my thoughts. I like you already!”

 

My eyes fluttered open as I tried to get a sense as to where I am. My vision started to clear, and then I noticed I was in this huge room on a huge bed. When I tried to get out of the bed, I fell right to the floor. I don’t know why, but my body was shaking all over. My senses were on overdrive. I held myself as tightly as I could, but I couldn’t stop shaking. I could feel myself about to pass out, but a pair of arms caught me.

“ You shouldn’t push yourself too hard. It will only make things worse.” I looked up at the person. It was a boy who looks a few years younger than me. He wrapped a warm blanket, I think, around me. At least it got me to stop shaking.

“ W-Who are you?”

“ My name is Sungjong. My brother found you in the forest. You could have gotten hurt, you know that?”

“ I-I see. Thank you very much.”

“ No problem. Can you stand up?”

“ I can try.” I tried to stand up on my feet while he lifted me up. I was finally able to stand on my two feet, and I held the blanket closer to me. Sungjong-sshi was bringing me somewhere. Even though I just met him, for some reason I felt like I could trust him. Step by step, we made it to some other room.

“ Sungjong-sshi, whose room was I in before?”

“ Oh, that is my brother’s room. Why?”

“ The one who found me right?” He nodded his head and we took a few more steps. When I looked up, I saw three other people in front of me.

“ Sungjong, is he okay?” The one in the center spoke up first.

“ Yeah, he is. Sungyeol-sshi, this is Myungsoo-hyung, my brother.”

Wait, how does Sungjong-sshi know my name? I don’t remember telling him my name.

“ H-Hello Myungsoo-sshi.” I bowed to him even though it was a bit hard to. Then Sungjong gestured at the other two.

“ The one on the left is Woohyun-hyung and on the right is Hoya-hyung.” I bowed to them too.

“ H-Hello Woohyun-sshi and Hoya-sshi.” They bowed to me too, and then they left the room. When the passed by me, I saw a few scratch marks on their necks and arms. I didn’t bother asking since it wasn’t my problem.

“ Sungyeol-sshi, are you feeling better?”

“ H-Huh? Oh, yes, I’m feeling a bit better. Um, how did you find me?” He took a few steps closer to me.

“ While I was hiking, I saw you unconscious on the ground. I carried you on my back and brought you back to my house.”

“ Thank you very much! I hope I wasn’t too heavy for you!” Myungsoo-sshi shook his head at me.

“ It’s okay. It’s good that you are feeling better. Maybe it will be best to take you home.”

“ Home? Oh yeah! But how? I don’t know how to get there from wherever we are.” He smiled at me and I could feel my body get a bit warmer.

“ I called your brother earlier. I told him we found you and asked for where you live. As long as we plug in your address to the GPS, then we will be able to find your house. Sungjong, go bring his things.” Sungjong-sshi let go of me, but then I could feel my legs get weak. A pair of strong arms caught me before I fell, and this memory of a black dog flashed in my head.

“ You must still be a bit weak.”
“ Wolves.”

“ Hm?” I got back on my feet, and held onto his arms.

“ Wolves. Did you see them?” His body stiffened. It must be because he is afraid of wolves.

“ No, I didn’t see any wolves.”

“ I see. Thank you.” Sungjong-sshi came back with my backpack and my phone. I thanked him and then he left the room again. Myungsoo-sshi brought me outside and helped me get into the car. Sungjong-sshi was standing outside as he waved goodbye to me and I waved back.

“ Myungsoo-sshi, how come you live all the way out in the forest?”

“ My family likes the outdoors a lot. Weird huh?”

“ No it isn’t weird. It sounds really nice.”

We drove to my house in silence. It wasn’t awkward between us instead it felt really comfortable. There were only trees as we continued driving, but then from the corner of my eye I saw something running pass us. The only thing that came to my mind were the two wolves from before. Before I knew it, we were at my place already. When the car stopped, the door bursted open, and Chanyeol came running out with Baekhyun. Once I got out of the car, he hugged me like there was no tomorrow.

“ Sungyeol-hyung! I was so worried about you! Where have you been? What happened to you? Don’t you ever do something stupid like that again!” I hugged him back, and I felt relieved that Chanyeol was alright.

“ I’m sorry for making you worry. Are you alright?” He pulled away and there were tears streaming down his face.

“ Of course I’m alright! Y-You idiot hyung! W-What if something happened to you?” I wiped away his tears and smiled.

“ Ahem.” I totally forgot about Myungsoo-sshi standing behind us.

“ S-Sorry Myungsoo-sshi. Um, thank you very much for driving me back home. I don’t know how to thank you.”

“ It’s okay. Just be more careful next time. It was nice meeting you.”

“ Thank you!” He smiled at me and went back inside his car. I watched him drive away, and it felt like something disappeared when he left.

“ Sungyeol-hyung, let’s get you inside.” I nodded my head and followed them inside. Chanyeol already made some soup for me, and I could tell Chanyeol was really tired. He must have been really worrying about me if he looks like a panda.

“ Chanyeol, you can go to sleep. I will be alright. Baekhyun, you can sleepover too.”

“ Are you sure hyung? I can stay up a litter bit more until you go to sleep.” I shook my head. They have been through way too much.

“ Go sleep. You too Baekhyun.”

“ Okay. Make sure you take a shower before you go to sleep.”

“ I will.”

 I watched them as they went upstairs to his room. I placed the bowl of soup into the sink and went to the bathroom to take a shower. I took a long shower since I felt a bit nasty from running away from the wolves and fighting against them. After I was done showering, I went to my bedroom to put on my pajamas. My body was still a bit sore so I carefully slid under the blanket and lay there. I turned my head so I was looking out the window, and noticed it was a full moon. A shiver ran through my spine again, but it didn’t give off a bad feeling. It felt comfortable.

I wonder what happened to those two wolves? Did they run away after I out? Though I do remember making out a black figure before I passed out. What happened to me today? I just don’t understand any of it.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

Nobody’s POV:

 

“ You two should have been more careful. If you had gone further, you two would have been responsible for the death of a human.”

“ We are sorry. They were coming to close to the boundaries that we had to do something! Please understand us!” The two of them bowed at the person sitting on the chair.

“ Don’t be so harsh on them.” A person with caramel brown hair stepped in as he was eating a watermelon.

“ Hyung, shouldn’t you watch over your protector a bit more?”

“ He isn’t really my protector. He is just learning from the best here how to fight. You know he has to take over his father’s pack some day.”

“ Hey, Myungsoo, have you seen- OH! There you are! I have been looking all over for you!” Another person with dirty blond hair came in and ran over to one of the two people that were bowing.

“ Ugh! You too!?”

“ Be more respectful to him, Myungsoo.”

“ Why should I Sunggyu-hyung? Dongwoo-hyung should be keeping tabs on Hoya too!” Sunggyu rolled his eyes at Myungsoo, and dragged Woohyun out of the room.

“ Hoya, let’s go too!” Then Dongwoo pulled Hoya by the arm and left the room. Which meant that only left Myungsoo in the room by himself.

What did I do to deserve this sort of friends and family?

Myungsoo looked down at the floor, and something caught his eye. He bent down to pick it up. In his hand is a necklace that has a snowflake as a pendant. He eyed the necklace, and then Sungjong came in.

“ Sungjong, is this yours?”

“ No it isn’t. It must have been Sungyeol-sshi’s necklace.”

“ Oh, okay.”

This necklace has a familiar beauty to it. I wonder why?

 

 

(A/N:  Wow 14 suscribers already! Here is the first chapter! I hope you enjoyed it somewhat! Thanks for reading, suscribing, and commenting!)