Confession

Bubble Tea

There was a brief silence on the other end. "You think?"

"Yeah. I think."

"Okay. Where are you right now?"

"In Tiffany's bathroom."

"And Fany?"

Jessica slowly opened the bathroom door, hearing light snoring. "Asleep on the couch."

"Leave a note for her saying your parents needed you and that you'll call her later. Come to the Cafe, and we'll talk here."

"Wait, Taeyeon..."

"Don't worry, it won't be in front of everybody. I'll take you up to my room."

Jessica smiled. It seemed that there was now peace and calmness even in Taeyeon's voice, not just her actions. "Yeah. Thanks, Taeyeon."

"Hey, no prob. See you soon." The older girl hung up. Jessica followed the instructions she was given, then took one last look at Tiffany's sleeping face. With that, she put on her jacket and left.

 

"So," Taeyeon started when they entered her bedroom. She sat on her bed and invited Jessica to do the same. "Come sit with me. Good. Now tell me all about it."

"Well... I don't know, I was just watching her when I suddenly realized it."

"What did you realize?"

"That I might love her."

"Sica, you keep saying 'I think' and 'I might.' Why is that?"

"I guess it's because I've never been in love before, so I don't know how it feels. I have nothing to compare with."

Taeyeon smiled. "See, that's your problem. You're trying to compare this feeling to other feelings. Think about it: when you were little and got hurt, you cried. Automatically. That's because your body is born knowing what pain is. It's the same way with fear, happiness, and love. Don't try to compare it with other feelings. Just close your eyes and listen to what your heart is telling you it is."

Jessica thought about that, realizing that it made perfect sense. She closed her eyes and let the world become quiet, ignoring the sounds of cars, the people downstairs, and even her own breathing. She then let the thought of Tiffany flow into her head. Her smile, her laugh, her pout, her voice... After some time, Jessica opened her eyes. "You know what, Taeyeon?"

"What?"

"I'm in love with Tiffany."

The manager smiled. "I'm glad you figured it out!"

"Say, how did you know all about love? You must have been in love before."

"Yep. Once."

"With whom?"

"Fany."

Jessica blinked. It wasn't the answer she was expecting. She thought Taeyeon would say some boyfriend she had in high school, or a customer at the Cafe, or a childhood friend. Not Tiffany. "But... Tiffany told me that you didn't like girls. I thought that was why you..."

"Rejected her? No, it's not that simple. I sometimes wish that it was."

"Then why did you tell her no? And why are you helping me right now?"

"Well, even though I love her, I was scared. Scared of what our families would think, that things would turn out badly... I was just being a coward. I ended up taking the easy way out. I regret it so much, Sica, but a part of me knows that it was for the best. Tiffany got over it. She moved on to become a better person. She couldn't have done that with me dragging her down. As for why I'm helping you, it's because you aren't like me. You're someone who can raise her up to her highest. You really love her. I can see it in the way you look at her. You're so much better for her than me. I've known it since day one."

"Wait," Jessica said. "Are you telling me that you knew I loved her?"

"Of course. I think everyone knew except for you and Fany. Now, there's just Fany left. And judging by the way she looks at you, I think you have a really good shot."

"But Taeyeon..." Jessica gave her a sad look.

"Are you worried about me?" The younger of the two nodded. "Don't be! All I want is for her to be happy. You can do that for her. Look, I'll only be sad if she gets another coward. Confess, and I won't be sad. Okay?"

Jessica took a deep breath. "Okay. Thanks, Taeyeon. And I'm sure that you'll find someone who makes you brave."

Taeyeon chuckled. "I hope so." She stood up. "Well, you should hurry up and tell her now! Get a move on! Oh, and don't tell Fany about what I said, okay?"

"Yes, ma'am!" Jessica gave a 90-degree bow and walked down the steps, saying goodbye to the employees. She quickened her pace to Tiffany's house.

When she arrived, she rung the doorbell, soon being greeted by Tiffany.

"There you are, Sica! I just woke up a few minutes ago. I'm sorry I fell asleep." She gave a light giggle, but it slowly turned into a cough.

"Tiffany, you sound terrible! Let me come in. You must still be sick."

"Yeah, a bit. But I'm fine, you don't have to babysit me anymore," she laughed between coughs.

"No, I want to! Besides, I have something to tell you."

"What is it?"

"Let me in first." Tiffany's coughing made it impossible to talk, so she just nodded and stepped aside. Jessica ran into her bathroom to retrieve the cough syrup she had seen earlier.

"Open up," Jessica said as she put the spoon in front of her friend's mouth.

"No, that stuff tastes terri--" A cough interupted the poor girl.

"But you need it. Come on, open up." Tiffany reluctantly did as she was told, her face twisting into a look of disgust. "There, all done. You should start to feel better soon."

"Okay. So, what did you want to tell me, Sica?"

"Well, it's something I just figured out a little while ago, but I've been feeling it for much longer than that. In fact, I think it started the first day I met you."

"Ooh, you're making me so curious~"

"Tiffany, I... I don't know how to say it, so I'll just be blunt about it..."

"Blunt is okay. What's wrong?"

"It's, um... Tiffany, I'm in love with you."

Jessica looked down and tried to calm her heart as she waited for a responce. Yet, there was nothing. Jessica didn't have the guts to look up at the moment, so she continued to stare at her own crossed legs. Still nothing. Time passed. How much time, she didn't know, but it was a while. She could tell by the fact that the show on TV finished, and the next one finished as well. Even so, there was still no reply. Eventually, Jessica couldn't take it, and flung her head up to look at Tiffany.

The girl's face was unreadable; Jessica couldn't tell if she was confused, shocked, or upset. Maybe a combination of all three. "I see that you aren't going to say anything," the younger stated, breaking the silence between them. "That's okay. I don't need you to say anything right now. I'll give you as much time as you need. I won't push you."

Jessica stood up, as it seemed that she wasn't welcome currently. She got her coat and procceded towards the door. The whole time, Tiffany never took her eyes off of her, watching like Jessica was some unpredictable wild animal.

"Just so you know, I don't regret confessing to you. I never will." After that last sentence, she was gone.

 

"Hey, Jessi! Mom is gonna be home late tonight."

"Fine." Jessica hadn't really heard what her sister said. She wasn't in any shape to listen to anybody, let alone have a conversation with them.

"Hey, why are you so grumpy? Guess what? You know that guy that I've liked for a long time now? He asked me out! I'm sooo happy! He said--"

"Krystal, I'm not in the mood to talk, especially to you," Jessica snapped. Krystal looked taken aback.

"Y-yah! Be nicer to your older sister!"

Jessica softened, realizing that it was the first time she spoke to her so rudely. It wasn't fair of her to yell just because she was pretty much rejected, and Krystal was happy. "You're right. I'm sorry. It's just been a bad day. I'm going to bed early. Tell mom not to wake me up for dinner."

"O-oh, okay... Um... Is there anything that I can do?"

"Just make sure she doesn't try to talk about it." Jessica and Krystal's mom was sweet, but tended to become nosy if something was wrong.

"Yeah, I will. Uh, Jessi?"

"Yeah?"

"I... I hope you feel better..."

Jessica smiled and gave her sister a hug. "Yeah. Me too. Thanks." She went upstairs, planning on getting a lot of sleep. In the end, she got none, head swimming with thoughts of Tiffany.

 

Aww, poor Sica >.< Don't worry, everything's gonna be alright!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I just want to thank everyone; my subscribers, my commenters, and even you silent readers out there~ xD Things are really moving along now, huh? Please continue to support me till the end~~ I love you <3