Rain

Bubble Tea

It 's raining.

Jessica had so many things she wanted to tell Tiffany, so many things she wanted to ask, but she couldn't bring herself to write a text message any longer than one sentence. So, that was it. It's raining.

"Hey," Sunny chirped as she ran up to Jessica's seat in the Cafe.

"Hey," she returned half-heartedly.

"You know, Fany-ah is gonna come back. I know her better than some people think. So I know that she'll come back, and that she'll come back happy and healthy again." Jessica and Taeyeon still haden't told the rest of their friends about what happened with Tiffany, but they didn't need to. The girls could always tell what was up.

Jessica gave a slight smile, not having enough energy to give something more. "Thanks, Sunny."

"Yep. You know, things were really simple when we were little. But I'm glad we grew up, because now you have eight friends instead of just me."

"What about Hyukjae and Donghae?"

"Ten friends! Wow!"

Jessica gave a little giggle. Sunny hugged her warmly. "Talk to me any time you want, kay?"

"Okay. Thank you, Sunny."

"Yep!" The girl skipped off, leaving Jessica a little bit happier than before. Yet even so, she still felt empty without Tiffany's presence. What was she thinking right now? Why wasn't she talking to anyone? Why hadn't she given an answer, any answer, instead of making Jessica wait every hour of every day for her phone to vibrate? It had been almost a week already. It was time for a change. Things couldn't go on like this.

"Taeyeon?" called Jessica.

"Yeah?" the elder girl replied from the kitchen.

"I'm going to go visit her."

"It's about time! Tell her that she has to come back to work, or else, got it?"

"Yeah. Got it." Jessica stood up. Hyoyeon rushed to her side.

"Wait, Sica, it's pouring and freezing outside!"

"I know. I'll manage."

Suddenly, a pair of keys were thrown at Jessica. "Take my car," Sooyoung said without looking at her. She had been acting cold lately due to Tiffany's absence. She didn't look anyone in the eye anymore.

"But... I don't drive..."

"Then I'll take you. You can't just walk to her place in this weather." Sooyoung pushed her way to the door, grabbing her keys from Jessica's hand. Jessica reluctantly followed, but considering this was the kindest the tall beauty had been this whole week, she still followed.

"Um... thank you, Sooyoung..."

The woman turned to Jessica, looking her square in the eyes. "Look. I know what's going on between you two. You love each other, and I don't know if you had a fight or what, but you have to fix it and bring her back. You need her. She needs you. We all need both of you." She sighed and turned back to the front. "Buckle up."

They drove to Tiffany's apartment in silence. Jessica didn't mind it. It wasn't really an uncomfortable silence. Just a silence. It was better than awkward small talk, and it was totally amazing compared to talking about what was happening.

"We're here."

"Thanks, Sooyoung. You're a good friend."

The older girl's face softened a bit. That was all that Jessica could hope for. "Same to you. Now go. I'll wait as long as you guys need."

Jessica gave one small smile to Sooyoung before facing the rain. She all but ran to Tiffany's door, then knocked on it frantically. "Tiffany! Open up!" There was silence. "Come on, I know you're in there. You aren't just gonna leave me out in this weather, are you? That would make me feel even more pathetic!" Jessica's hair was soaking wet and she was shivering. She really did feel pathetic. She was just about to give up hope when the door swung open.

Tiffany stood in the door frame, eyes bright red and watery as she held her phone in her hand, which displayed "It's raining." She took a deep breath. "I thought you would never want to speak to me ever again!"

Jessica was taken aback. "Hey, that's my line! Why didn't you say anything?"

"I was scared. I felt stupid and powerless and I just wanted to die. Come in, or you'll get sick." Jessica did as she was told. Tiffany's apartment was warm and inviting. "Come sit down."

"But I'm soaking wet..."

"I don't care." Jessica slipped off her wet shoes and her dripping jacket before going to sit on the side of the couch that was the farthest away from Tiffany's chair.

"So..."

"It's raining."

"Yeah. It is."

"No, I mean, why did you write that?"

"Well... I didn't know what you wanted to hear, so I just wrote that. I figured it was true, and that it wouldn't make you mad at me."

"I could never be mad at you."

"You sure know how to act like it, though." Right after she said it, she immediately regretted it.

"I know. I'm sorry."

"Um... What should I say?" Jessica asked.

"What should I say?"

"Maybe... why you were so quiet."

"Because I was shocked."

"And why were you shocked?"

"Because I didn't think you could ever feel the same way about me."

Jessica was completely speechless. She was confused until her brain finally put together what Tiffany had just said.

"I was going to tell you," Tiffany continued. "But I thought it was hopeless. That you would say you didn't feel that way about me. I was still going to do it, though. I just needed the right moment. And then you come along and tell me that you love me, and I... didn't know what to say. And then by the look on your face, I thought you hated me for not saying anything, so I waited for you to say something first.

"Then you go and say, 'it's raining,' and I felt stupid, because I didn't know if you meant something by it, or if it was just a conversation starter, or what."

Jessica looked at Tiffany. "Well, I don't know what I meant by it. I wanted to tell you a lot of things, but that was all I could actually bring myself to type."

"So why not tell me everything now?"

"I don't think I have the guts to do that just yet."

"Okay. Then just tell me one thing. Then come back tomorrow and tell me one more thing. Just keep coming until you've said everything." Jessica thought about that. That seemed nice and simple. A logical, planned way to go about things. That made it feel a bit easier.

"Okay. Here's my one thing: I was afraid that you hated me."

Tiffany rolled her eyes. "I could never hate you."

"Good to know." The two were speechless for a while, looking at everything but each other. Then, Jessica stood up. "I have to go now. Sooyoung's in the car, waiting for me."

"She drove you here?"

"Yeah."

"That's surprising. She never lets anyone in her car. You must be pretty special."

"I guess so. Um... I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah. Goodbye, Jessica."

"Goodbye, Tiffany."

Jessica put on her wet shoes and jacket, then headed out the door. Sooyoung avoided her eye contact as she got in. "How are you?"

"I don't know."

"Okay. I guess that's the best you're gonna be for a while?"

"I'll get better soon. I have a plan."

"Alright. Make sure you follow through with it. We want you two back."

"Okay." The two were quiet as Sooyoung began to drive. Jessica watched the rain trickle down the window as it began to slow.

"Maybe there will be a rainbow after it all clears up," Sooyoung commented. Jessica understood what was hidden behind her cold words.

"Yeah. I think there might be."

 

When did this suddenly turn into angst? I NEVER write angst!! Wow. I'm changing a lot. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! JeTi is starting to drift a little closer~ Are you ready for the storm to clear up? Maybe there will be a rainbow~

Okay. Kiseki. Stop talking.

Comments are my inspiration!! Comment please? :)