Bullies

Bubble Tea

"SUNNY, YOU GIVE IT BACK TO ME RIGHT NOW!!"

"Ahhhh, Sica, help me!! Sooyoung-ah's gonna kill me!!"

Sunny ran straight into Jessica's arm, sprawling out on her lap and clinging on for dear life. Jessica couldn't do anything but pat her head in an attempt to calm her down. "What do you mean, she's gonna kill you?"

"She's gonna kill me, Sica!"

Sooyoung finally reached the cafe table Jessica, Yuri, and Seohyun were sitting at. "Sica, tell that thing to give it back to me!"

"I'm not a thing!" Sunny shouted back, still occupying Jessica's lap.

"Just give it back, or so help me--"

"WHAT'S GOING ON IN HERE?!"

"T-Taeyeon-Unnie!"

"What are you two doing? Look, all of the customers are staring!" It was true. Everyone was watching the scene play out. Most watched with amusement, clearly used to Sooyoung's temper. Others, though, were newcomers and watched with confused faces until the regular customers told them everything was fine; that this was a normal occurance in the Cafe.

"Sunny, what did you do this time?"

"Nothing, Unnie!"

"Liar!! You stole the letter!!"

"What letter?" Jessica asked, hoping to resolve the conflict quickly so that she could have control of her arms and legs again.

"A letter addressed to Yoona. I told Sunny that it's none of our buisness and we should just give it to Yoona when she comes, but the little monster ran with it!"

"But Sooyoung-ah, I just want to see if it's a love letter, is all~" whinned Sunny.

"It's none of our buisness, Sunny," Yuri told her.

"But-"

"But nothing," Taeyeon told the younger girl. "You'll leave it where you found it."

Sunny got up and stared at the floor with a pouty lip. "Okay, fine, I'll go put it back." She walked away to put the letter away like she was told.

Sooyoung gave a sigh. "Sorry, everyone! If there's anything we can do to make up for this, just tell us!"

Jessica suddenly flashed a big smile. "I wonder if it really was a love letter."

"We can only hope," Hyoyeon said, cleaning a table with a sad look on her face.

"What do you mean?" Jessica asked. All five suddenly looked down, the same sad expression on their faces.

"What's going on?"

"Well..." Taeyeon began, "Yoona has a lot of bullies after her."

"Wait... What?" It didn't make any sense. Yoona was a great girl, kind and always happy. Who wouldn't absolutely adore her?

"It started a few years ago, when Yoona had just started working here," Seohyun explained. "It began with just a few mean rumors, but soon developed into much more. She was chased on her way here everyday by girls throwing rocks at her. When Sooyoung found out, she had a little 'talk' with them, and they immediatly stopped following her here. But she still deals with hurtful letters and stupid gossip all the time."

Jessica felt as if she was about to cry. That sweet little girl that loved to help out, that made everyone her friend, whose whole body shook when she laughed... getting bullied? "But... Why Yoona? Why her out of all people?"

"I think they're jealous," Tiffany stated, appearing out of nowhere. "She's always happy, and she doesn't worry about superficial things like physical appearance and money. She's such an amazing girl, and some other girls wish they could be just like her."

After a brief silence, Yuri burst into tears. Hyoyeon rushed to her side.

"Oh, come on, Yuri-ah, don't cry! Yoona would hate to see you cry!"

"I-I know, but... but I just can't... I can't stand it! Sh-she's always hurt by them, and I can't do anything to help!"

"Wow, you must care about her a lot, huh? Jessica stated.

Yuri gave a slight smile to that. "Yeah. You have no idea."

"I'm here, guys!" Yoona called, skipping into the Cafe. "Thanks for letting me skip a few shifts to go to my family reunion, Unnie! I had a bunch of fun! I hadn't seen some of them in a few years, and--" She stopped talking as soon as she saw Yuri's face. "Yuri-ah, were you crying?" She rushed over to Yuri, who was trying her best to nonchalantly wipe her tears.

"Oh, no, it's nothing..."

"That wasn't nothing, Yuri-ah! Who made you cry? Who was it?"

"It was nobody, Yoona, really. I was just thinking about how I miss my Oppa. I haven't seen him since he left for college a couple of years ago."

Yoona gave her a hug. "Oh, Yuri-ah, I'm sorry! Hey, how about this-- call him tonight and see if he has time to visit the Cafe anytime soon, hm?"

Yuri grinned at her, eyes sparkling. "Yeah, that sounds great. Thanks, Yoona."

"Ah, Yoona, you're here! How's your family?" Sunny asked

"Crazy as ever, of course," she laughed, her body shaking happily.

"Hey, hey, Yoona, you got a letter today! I think it's from a secret admirer!"

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah, it's right here!" Sunny handed her the letter. Yoona opened it with shakey hands, clearly afraid of what might be inside. She read it quietly, her face growing sadder with each passing second. Sunny peaked over her shoulder so that she could read it too. When she found out what it said, she gasped and looked at Yoona's face to see if she was okay. She clearly wasn't, but still laughed at the note.

"It's just another silly hate letter. Nothing big. Well, it's almost time to close, so I'll take care of the dishes!" She skipped into the kitchen was a sad smile.

"Poor girl," Sooyoung stated with compassion in her voice. "Still keeps smiling even when her heart's breaking."

Yuri looked at Jessica. "Hey, Sica, can I talk to you alone for a minute?"

"Uh, s-sure, why?" Without saying a word, Yuri grabbed her wrist and dragged her into the hallway to the restrooms.

"Yuri, what are you--"

"Sica, I really need your help!" There was clear desperation in her voice.

"I-I'd love to help you, Yuri... What is it?"

"Well, I've never told anybody about this before, but since you seem like a good person to tell secrets to, I'll tell you."

"Okay, thanks, I guess?"

"Sica, I want to help Yoona through this. I want to protect her and save her from those terrible people. Sica, I... I'm in love with Yoona."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dun dun duuuuun!! Cliff hanger!! Sorry to do that to you, but I didn't want to make the chapter too long, so... Well, let me know what you think, and thanks for reading!