Guests

Bubble Tea

The employees of the Cafe were especially energetic today, running about and making last-minute preparations. Taeyeon ordered everyone around and forced them to help.

"C'mon, guys, Eunhyuk-oppa and his boyfriend will be here soon!"

"Yes, ma'am!"

Jessica nibbled on her strawberry cupcake (as Tiffany still kept making her get strawberry-flavored things), being told to relax and not worry about anything. "Are you sure you don't need my help?"

"Oh, we'll be fine," Yoona said happily. "Yuri-ah, where did you put the tea leaves?"

"They're in the second cabinet to the left, Honey!"

"Thanks, Babe!"

Seohyun gave a light chuckle to the loving couple. "Yuri-ah, is that how your Oppa is with relationships, too? It's gonna be like Valentine's Day in here!"

Taeyeon put a box in front of Jessica. "If you really wanna help out, take this outside."

"What is it?"

"Just a bunch of old, broken dishes. I need them out of here to make room. Can you do it?"

"Of course."

Jessica took the box and began walking out the door. "Man, this is heavy," she muttered to herself. "Does Taeyeon have super strength or something? She made it look so easy..." She was almost to where she was going to put the box down when she slipped. She closed her eyes and waited for the fall, but instead she felt two arms wrap around hers, steadying her.

"Woah, are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine..." Jessica looked up at who caught her, seeing a young man whos face resembled Yuri's. "Oh, are you Yuri's brother?"

He smiled. "Yes, my name is Hyukjae. Are you a new employee?"

Jessica sat down the box and began walking back to the Cafe, Hyukjae following. "No, I'm just a friend of Sunny and the others. I started coming here about two or three months ago."

"Then you must be the Sica that Fany-ah has told me so much about!"

"S-she's talked about me?"

"You're the only thing she talks about."

Suddenly, Jessica saw two hands cover Hyukjae's eyes. The two hands belonged to another young man who was smiling.

"Guess who?"

"Donghae-ah, I know it's you!"

Donghae placed a kiss on Hyukjae's cheek and wrapped an arm around him. "Oh? And who's this? Your sister?"

"Nope. This is the one and only Jessica~"

"Oh, really? You're Fany's new girlfriend?"

"What?!" Jessica exclaimed.

"You weren't supposed to say that, Donghae-ah! They aren't technically together yet, because neither of them have realized their feelings, but they will. I can tell by the way they talk about each other!"

"Oh, gotcha~"

"I-I..." Jessica had no clue what to say.

When the three reached the Cafe doors, Hyukjae opened them and was greated with squeeling girls. Yuri ran up and hugged him warmly.

"Hey, shorty!" he exclaimed. "Where's your girlfriend?"

"Nice to see you again, Hyukkie-Oppa!" Yoona told him.

"Hey there, Yoona! Are you treating my sis well?"

"Of course she is, Oppa! That's why I love her so much," Yuri said, giving Yoona a kiss.

Sooyoung was the first to notice Donghae's presence.  She walked up to him, grabbing his collar. "Yah! Are you treating Hyukkie-Oppa well?"

"Uh, yes..."

She let go and gave him a smile. "Good!"

"Hey," Hyoyeon told Hyukjae, "do you still remember all of our names?"

"Of course I do! You're Hyoyeon, that's Sooyoung, and Seohyun, Sunny, Taeyeon, I just met Jessica, and of course my sis and Yoona. Hey, wait a second... where's Tiffany?"

"Hyukkie-Oppa!" Tiffany, once again making a sudden appearance, ran up to Hyukjae and gave him a short hug.

"There you are, Fany! Still disappearing, I see?"

"She actually does it a lot more now," Sunny explained, "ever since Sica came around."

"Oh, really?" Donghae questioned, giving Jessica a sly smile. She looked away with a slight blush, making him chuckle. "It's nice to meet all of you! And so you're Tiffany? The one I talked to on the phone?"

"Yep, that's me!"

"You wanted to see my portfollio, right? I brought it."

"Yay!"

Donghae pulled out a large folder from his backpack and layed it on the nearest table. "Knock yourself out! My best colored pencil, white charcoal, pen-and-ink, pastel..."

"Amazing! Your attention to detail, the texture, the blending... Omo, it's too perfect for words!"

"Haha, thanks, but I don't deserve such high praise..."

Jessica felt a Tiffany grab her hand and tug her towards the table. "Come on, take a look!"

Saying Donghae was talented was a huge understatement. Jessica didn't know much about art, but she didn't have to in order to know that these were some of the best pictures she had ever seen. They looked alive, as if they jumped of the page. "Tiffany was right..."

"Oh? What's this?" Tiffany picked up a colored pencil drawing, which was clearly a picture of Hyukjae. He was in a music room at sunset, playing piano.

"That's how Hyukjae-ah and I met!"

"Really?"

"Tell us the story!"

"Yeah, tell us!"

"Okay, okay, I'll tell you! Well, I'm majoring in art, and Hyukjae-ah is majoring in music. I was walking to the dorms after class one day when I heard a piano being played. I looked in through the music room window and saw him. There was something about his expression, the emotion he had while playing... well, I can't explain it, but it just made me really want to draw him. Since our assignment had been a colored pencil drawing of someone in motion, I chose to draw him."

"After he was done with it," Hyukjae continued, "he walked up to me and, without even introducing himself, gave the picture to me and walked away. I saw him the next day and introduced myself to him instead. We got lunch together and... well... It just went on from there."

Tiffany giggled. "You two are so cute!"

"How long have you been together?" asked Jessica.

"About five months."

"Aww," cooed Yuri affectionately. "I'm glad I finally got to meet you, Donghae!"

"Same here! All of you are great. We'll have a lot of fun this weekend!"

 

Jessica flopped on her bed, completely exausted. Even so, she had so much fun with everyone and looked forward to the rest of the weekend. Sunny had suggested going to an amusement park, and everyone agreed to it. They were going to one the very next next day, since it was a Saturday and nobody had school or work.

"I won't have any energy by the time Monday comes!" She sighed and rolled over, hugging her pillow. She then remembered everything that Hyukjae and Donghae had said.

About her and Tiffany.

She contemplated it for a while, wondering if what they said was true-- if she and Tiffany really did have any feelings for each other. It would actually explain a lot.

Suddenly, Jessica's cell phone vibrated. She picked it up and saw that she had a text message from Tiffany herself.

'r u ready for 2moro?? i can't wait! itll be so much funnn~ good night, Sica! Sweet Dreams!"

Jessica gave a small laugh and began to type her reply.

'i guess im ready, haha... ill be tired afterwards though =_= sweet dreams, Tiffany, see u 2moro~'

Jessica yawned and crawled under her covers. It was no use thinking too much about anything right now. All she had to worry about was going to sleep and getting enough rest to last her a whole day with her friends. Everything else could wait.