Sunsets

Bubble Tea

Jessica woke up to find herself lying face-down in bed. She gave a soft mumble, her body too heavy and sore to move. "Ugh... Yesterday was such a long day..."

"Sica! Time to wake up!"

Jessica pushed herself up and looked in the direction of the voice, realizing that this wasn't her own room. "T-Tiffany?! Wait... What happened? Did I pass out again?"

"Something of the sort," the girl stated, waving around a whisk. She was clad in a pink apron, hair pulled into a high ponytail. "You fell asleep on the bus on the way home. We shook you and put Seohyun-ah's earbuds in your ears, blasting music, but you still wouldn't wake up! You're a reeeeally heavy sleeper. Since none of us know your adress, I offered to take you to my apartment."

Jessica sighed and, with much pain and difficulty, stood up. Normally, she's quite a light sleeper, but when she's mentally or physically exhausted (and both had happened the previous night), she sleeps like a rock.

"I'm sorry..."

"Oh, it's okay, I don't mind! My place is pretty small, sorry. I live in an apartment complex."

"It's fine. I actually like it. It's all pink and pretty; it suits you."

Tiffany grinned. "Thanks! Well, it's six, and the Cafe opens soon, so you should get ready. I have to work really hard today since we didn't open yesterday to go to the amusement park! Go ahead and pick out any of my clothes you want. I made breakfast, so come out when you're done!"

"Okay. Oh, and Tiffany?"

"Yeah?"

"Good morning."

"You too!" The happy girl skipped back into her cramped kitchen. Jessica wished that she could get her a real house with a big kitchen for baking in. She knew the older girl loved to bake.

Jessica opened the closet door to find all of the clothes that she's seen Tiffany wear. She picked out an oversized white shirt and a baby pink a-line mini-skirt, paired with white sheer tights. Jessica preferred girly clothes, so she was happy with what she found.

She walked out of the tiny bedroom and into the just as tiny living room. Tiffany had begun to set her home-made breakfast on the small table by the window that had two chairs with it. There were rolls, fresh fruit, strawberry yogurt parfaits, danishes, and just about every other pastry that could be fit on the table.

"Woah, what's with all of this?"

"I made you breakfast!"

"I see this, but... don't you think this is going a bit overboard?"

"Well, I just wanted to thank you."

"For what?"

"For listening to me last night. About what happened to me as a kid. People have tried to make me feel better, or have started talking over me, but nobody has actually just kept their mouth shut and listened. It really meant a lot to me. So thank you!"

"Oh, you're welcome... I guess I'll eat it well!"

"That's the spirit!"

The two girls ate the large breakfast together, laughing and talking about their plans for the day. Since today was Sunday, and therefore the last day that Hyukjae and Donghae would be there, it had to be special. When they finished, they walked the short distance to the Cafe. When they arrived, they were greated warmly by their friends.

"Sica! Are you okay?"

"You pretty much passed out!"

"Did Tiffany smother you too much?" Taeyeon asked, placing a hand on Jessica's back. It made her feel calm even with all of the people crowding around her, asking questions. "I know whenever I'm sick, she won't leave me alone until I'm better." Jessica's calmness turned into disappointment for an unknown reason.

There were many customers at the Cafe, so the five employees couldn't relax too much. They scurried around hastily, taking and making orders. Jessica, Sunny, Seohyun, Yuri, and the boys all sat at a table, talking and becoming closer. Tiffany would try to come and talk sometimes, but between helping out, talking to customers, and doing whatever it is that she does, she couldn't stay for long. Because of that, whenever she arrived again, the conversation will have turned and she would have no clue what they were talking about.

Near the end of the day, the customers left one by one, and the employees had time to spend with their friends. They all went up to the roof of the Cafe, somewhere that Jessica had never been. By this time, it was sunset, and the sky was beginning to turn a firery orange hue.

"So," Tiffany asked Jessica, "how have your first few months at the Cafe been?"

"Do you even have to ask? It's been amazing!"

"I'm glad we got to visit and see everybody. I was happy to meet Jessica also," Eunhyuk said.

"Yep, it's been great!" exclaimed Donghae.

Jessica shivered. Since autumn was about to come, it was getting pretty chilly outside. Tiffany noticed and took off her own jacket, putting it around Jessica's shoulders and causing her to blush.

"I've always loved sunsets," Tiffany sighed happily. "They're so pretty!"

"Yeah," Jessica agreed. It was true. Sunsets were beautiful.

"All of the colors remind me of a painting," Tiffany continued, "a painting that changes color. As if the colors are dripping from the Earth and into the sky."

"But Tiffany, liquid drips from above." Jessica chuckled at her friend's innocence.

"Then maybe we're upside down and just don't know it?"

"Woah, that'd be a pretty messed up world!" Taeyeon laughed.

"It is a pretty messed up world," Yuri said.

"Yep, a tospy-turvey, messed up world," Yoona laughed along with Yuri as the two cuddled close.

Tiffany smiled. "But it's a good kind of messed up! In this messed up world, we all found each other. We formed strong bonds, cried together, laughed together, screwed up together, learned together, and grew together. And we'll keep on doing all of that forever."

Sunny gave a sad look. "I don't want Taeyeon-Unnie to leave."

Everyone stopped and looked at the short girl.

"Well, that was random," Hyoyeon commented.

"Not really. Seeing everyone together like this reminded me of it. The summer keeps getting closer. I don't want it to. I just wanna stay here with everyone, watching the sunset like this."

"You act like you're never going to see her again," Sooyoung said with sarcasm, but she was obviously on the brink of tears herself.

"Yeah, Sunny. I'm coming back. You can wait three years."

"No I can't," she whispered, breaking into quiet tears. Taeyeon ran up and hugged her, Tiffany immediately following. Soon, everyone was standing together, comforting each other. Truthfully, none of them wanted to see Taeyeon go, not even Taeyeon. She told everyone that it was for the best; that afterwards, she would be able to make better pastries; that her absence would help everyone (especially Tiffany) learn independance. Yet even so, she still cried with them. Of course she would miss them and their unique personalities.

After some time, the group broke apart and dried their tears.

"Let's go back to being happy," Hyoyeon remarked. "I want the rest of our time together to be spent in happiness." Everybody agreed and went back to talking and laughing comfortably. Yoona and Yuri shared a quick kiss. Tiffany once again rested her head on Jessica's shoulder as they watched the sunset's dripping colors together in their own topsy-turvey, the-good-kind-of-messed-up world.