Perfect

Bubble Tea

(A/N: I know it's not a real painting. Use your imagination :3)

 

Winter passed. So did spring. All too suddenly, summer came about, and so did the day before Taeyeon's departure. For their last day together, the employees worked as hard as possible, being as bright and happy as always.

When the work day finished, Tiffany went into the guest room and came back with a large canvas covered in a white cloth.

"What's that?" Jessica asked, despite the fact that she already knew the answer. It was the painting that Taeyeon had prevented her from seeing. This meant that Tiffany must have finished with it.

"It's a special painting I made for you!"

"For me?"

"Yup. Hey, everybody, let's go to the roof!"

"Good idea, Fany-ah!" Sunny chirped.

"Let's go!" Seohyun called.

The walked up the stairs, Tiffany having a bit of difficulty with the cumbersome object in her arms, and everyone laid down in a circle to chat and enjoy the summer breeze. Somehow, the conversation moved to talking about the girls' pasts.

"Not having anyone to take care of me as a child probably ruined my life forever," Sooyoung sighed. "But you know what? That's okay. I was able to open up to all of you. What else do I need? I need my family here, and that's it."

"I hated getting bullied," Yoona said as she grasped Yuri's hand. "Everyday was torture. I'm so glad it's over."

"I am too, honey," cooed Yuri. "It was the most awful thing, seeing you so unhappy. And I felt so powerless. I'm so happy you're safe now."

"I still don't know if it was a good thing or not. Getting plastic surgery." Hyoyeon shifted to look at the sunset. "But I don't regret it anymore. It's okay now."

"Most people can't stand me. I have Asperger's Syndrome, so I'm a bit blunt and socially awkward. I have a bunch of enemies because of it. But I don't care. I have you guys. I can be myself around you, and I don't have to worry about if I say the wrong things. I just speak my mind, and you guys accept it." Jessica smiled. So, that was why Seohyun acted so uncomfortable around people she didn't know!

"My parents don't love me anymore. Did you know that?" The girls looked at Sunny, shocked. "Yeah. They loved me when I was a child, but not anymore. They hate the fact that I still act like a baby even though I'm a high-schooler. But that's alright. You guys love me, so I'm absolutely great!" There wasn't a bit of sadness to be found. Sunny appeared truthfully happy with her life. Jessica noted how strong the childish girl was, respecting her greatly.

"I admit it: I'm afraid of the future," Taeyeon confessed. "I'm always acting confident and stuff, but I'm still young too, you know. I'm just as lost and insecure as you girls are. That's why I love being with you. It seems like the only place we each belong is with each other, huh? I don't want to leave. I'm seriously considering just staying. But I won't, cuz I know I'd regret not taking this opportunity. I have to go. When I come back, though, I know I'll never be able to leave you guys ever again. You can't leave either, got that?"

"Got it, Unnie," Tiffany returned.

"Take good care of everyone, okay?"

"Okay. We love you."

"I know. Hey, why don't you reveal that painting already?"

Tiffany giggled. "Okay! Sica, are you watching closely?"

"Yes, I am."

"Alright! One... two... three!" Tiffany lifted the cloth up and revealed what was probably the most life-like and gorgeous painting ever created. The person in the picture looked so real, it was as if she was 3D. Jessica gasped a little, then reached out to touch the picture. It was her. Tiffany had painted Jessica.

"I started it back in the beginning of the school year, when you first came here," Tiffany explained. "You just looked so beautiful. I thought, 'oh my gosh, I have to paint her!' I eventually found myself thinking about you all the time. Like, what medium I would use to paint you, what colors would work best, and if I could really recreate such a face. I noticed things like how soft your voice is. I also noticed how much you love to smile, and how pink your lips are, and how rosy your cheeks are, and how long your eyelashes are... Soon, I found that I was actually in love with you."

Tears poured out of Jessica's eyes as she hugged Tiffany. "Thank you. Thank you so much."

 

"Hey, guys!"

The Cafe girls looked up to see Hyukjae and Donghae at the entrance.

"Oppa!" Yuri called as Yonna rushed the boys to a table. "How've you been?"

"Great! And yourself?"

"Well, I'm getting by without her. We all are. No tears have been shed yet!"

"Way to be strong," Donghae praised.

"Now that I'm out of college, I'm gonna to try to make a living with my music. It'll be hard, but it's what I want," Eunhyuk declared.

"What'll you do, Donghae?" asked Hyoyeon.

"Start a shop to sell my artwork!"

Jessica give the boys a smile. "Good luck to you both."

"Thanks, Sica. What about you? Do you have any plans for the future?"

"I was thinking of asking Taeyeon about being co-manager once I'm out of high school. I'm great with numbers, so I'd be a big help to her."

"That'd be perfect for you, Sica!" Tiffany gushed.

"What about you, sweetie? Are you going to keep working at the Cafe?"

"Actually, I want to go to college once Taeyeon comes back. To be a kindergarten art teacher. I love art, and I love kids--"

"And you act like a kid..."

"Oh, shut up, Sunny! You have no room to talk!" Tiffany giggled as Sunny stuck her tounge out. "What about you, Sunny? What are you going to do when you graduate?"

"Work at the Cafe, naturally! I'm not talented in any way, but I'm great with people, and I've always loved it here."

"I want to be a nurse," stated Seohyun. "I may not seem like it, but I really wanna help people. I feel like it's what's right for me, you know?"

"I actually have no clue what I want to be," Yuri confessed. "But there's still two more years until I graduate, so I still have some time to think about it."

"Good luck, everyone," Donghae cheered. "I know you guys will be awesome at whatever you end up doing!"

 

~Two Years Later~

 

When Jessica, Sunny, Yuri, and Seohyun entered the Cafe, they found it covered in streamers and balloons. Their friends were all grouped in the middle, shouting "congratulations!"

"Congrats, baby!" Tiffany squeeled as she embraced Jessica.

"I can't believe it! I actually graduated!" Sunny shouted, obviously pleased with herself.

"Great job, everyone," Donghae said with a smile. "I'm so proud of you!"

"Why would you be proud? You aren't related to any of them."

"Oh, shut up, Krystal! They're my friends, that's why I'm proud."

"Unnie, stop picking fights with Donghae," Jessica scolded lightly.

"Does this party have room for one more guest?"

Gasps filled the room, and Jessica stood frozen. She didn't have to turn around to know who was behind her. The soothing, teasing voice gave it away. Tiffany's lip quivered before she ran into the familiar figure's arm, crying with all her might.

"Shh, shh, it's okay, Fany..."

"Taeyeon," Jessica whispered as she headed towards her.

"Hey, Sica! Congrats on graduating!"

"Taeyeon," she repeated. "You're really back?"

"Yes, I am."

"But there's still a year left," Hyoyeon pointed out.

"I know. I came here early."

"Why didn't you tell us on the phone?" Sooyoung demanded.

"I wanted to surprise you, duh! Come on, don't I get a 'welcome back'?"

All at once, the employees (along with the new graduates, Krystal, and the boys) rushed up to the young woman and nearly tackled her to the ground.

"I love you guys! I missed you so much! Even you, Krystal, who seems to have nothing to do but tease my friends," Taeyeon said jokingly.

"Yah! You tease them too!"

"Ah, yes, but I'm older than you. You're their dongsaeng."

"Oh, whatever!"

Hyoyeon directed her manager to a nearby table. "You want some coffee?"

"Sure, thanks. Sooyoung, you think you could take my bags up?"

"Of course!"

"Do the graduates want their regulars?" Hyoyeon asked.

"Yep."

"Okay, coming right up!"

"Hey, Donghae-ah, how's your shop doing?"

"Pretty great, Noona. I've been getting a lot of business lately. You should come visit sometime."

"Count on it! Woah, Hyukkie-Oppa, why did you die your hair blonde?"

"I dunno. I just wanted to."

"It looks fabulous. What about you, Tiffany? What's new?"

"Not much. See the paintings I made for the Cafe walls?"

"Yeah, they're terrific! Makes things look so much more colorful." Her eyes fell upon the painting of Jessica that hung in the center of the left wall. "I'm glad you decided to put it there, Sica, it's the perfect touch!"

"Isn't it though?" giggled Tiffany. "Sica's beautiful face is the piece de resistance!" Sooyoung came back down the staires just as Hyoyeon and Yoona came out with the drinks. Everyone pulled up a chair and crowded around the table.

"Oh, by the way, I got the mail for you," Taeyeon said. She flipped through them at a rapid pace. "Bills, bills, more bills... oh."

"'Oh'?"

"This doesn't have a return address.  Wonder who it's from."

"Open it," Eunhyuk said.

Taeyeon did as she was told, finding a large handful of what seemed to be tickets.

"What are those?" Yoona asked.

"Concert tickets... to a piano recital. One, two, three, four... there's eleven of them!"

"S-seriously?" Seohyun stuttered.

"Who gave these to us? And why?" Tiffany asked.

"I dunno. These tickets say that the pianist is named Eunhyuk and it's his debut performance. Anybody know him?"

Yuri and Donghae exchanged a look, both exclaiming "Hyukjae!"

"What?" he asked calmly.

"This is you, isn't it? This is your concert!"

"You got me! I can't get anything past you two..."

Jessica smiled as she sipped her Strawberry Fields bubble tea, mind swimming with thoughts of what to wear to Hyukjae's first recital.

 

"OMG, shut up, he's coming out," Sunny hissed, despite the fact that nobody was talking in the first place. A man in a black tuxedo walked calmly up to the piano in center stage. He his hands over the keys and smiled before begining to play.

The melody was light and beautiful. It was simple a first, but as time passed, it became more complex. The man moved his body with the music, completely focused on it. Jessica and the others were in the front row, so Jessica didn't have to squint or look hard to see Hyukjae. She sat back in her seat and enjoyed the performance. Once in a while, she would look att Tiffany. She always had her eyes closed, slightly swaying back and forth to the sweet sound. Jessica grasped her hand and closed her own eyes as well.

Jessica smiled, knowing that life was perfect.

 

Oh my god. I think I'm about to cry right now T-T Did you like the last chapter? I'm pretty satisfied xD A lot of stuff happened in one chappie, though... >.<

Here's some good news for you:

I'm gonna make a sequal!!!

It'll be about them in the future, when Tiffany is an art teacher and Jessica is the co-manager of the Cafe. It'll consist of around three or four chapters. Do you think you guys can stick with me for a little bit longer? xD Here's the link:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/399972

I love each and every one of you, and I thank you for your support throughout my first fanfiction!! <3

~Kiseki