Sick

Bubble Tea

"Hey, guys!~" Sunny chirped as she led the way into the Cafe.

"Hey, you four!" Yoona called back from the kitchen.

"What's up? How was your day?" Hyoyeon asked while clearing a table.

"It was tiring, as always," Yuri complained.

"Do you have a lot of homework?" Sooyoung asked. "Back when I was in high school, I always got a bunch of homework, but I never did any of it."

"It was a shame, too! You're so smart! You could have gone off to such bigger and better things," Taeyeon said.

"No, I like working at the Cafe! It's the only place I've worked that I don't feel the need to strangle my co-workers. Well, that is, not all the time. I still feel the need occasionaly," she teased.

"Hey," Jessica started, "where's Tiffany?"

"She's sick," Hyoyeon replied.

"Really? Is she okay?"

"I think so," Yoona said. "You might want to check up on her anyways. I bet she would feel better if you were with her."

"Me?" Jessica questioned.

"Yeah. After all, you are her best friend."

"Oh... yeah, that's right..."

Jessica said goodbye to her friends and walked to Tiffany's house, remembering the way perfectly. She went to room 19, Tiffany's apartment, and knocked on the door. There was silence on the other end. Jessica knocked again. This time, the door swung open, apparently not being latched properly.

"Tiffany? It's me, Jessica..."

The lack of reply worried Jessica, so she ran inside, not bothering to close the door, and went straight into Tiffany's room. She was lying on her bed, face pale and eyes closed.

"Tiffany! Are you okay?" Jessica exclaimed as she shook the girl.

"Mm... Whu... Oh, Sica, it's you," Tiffany said in a hoarse voice.

"Tiffany? Are you okay?!"

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine, just a bit sleepy..." She didn't look fine at all. Jessica reached a hand to her friend's forehead, finding it burning hot.

"Hang on, I'll bring you some medicine!" She rushed into the bathroom and went through the cabinets until she found a fever reducer. She grabbed the bottle and ran into the kitchen, getting a glass of water and a wet cloth. With these three items, she rushed back into Tiffany's room.

"Here, take two of these. Here's some water. And I'll put this rag on your forehead, okay?" Tiffany quietly did as she was told. "There. Now, just rest for a moment. Go ahead and fall asleep if you're tired. I'll be here when you wake up."

"But... I won't... cause trouble for you, Sica?"

"Pabo! How can you worry about that right now? Just focus on resting. Don't worry about anything else." Tiffany nodded and laid her head down, closing her eyes. Soon, she was out like a light.

"Okay, good..." Jessica told herself. "Oh crap! I left the door open!" She rushed to the living room and closed the door, locking it. "It's November, leaving the door open would just make her sicker!" Her eyes wandered to the kitchen. "Well... It wouldn't be bad to cook her something for when she wakes up..."

She scampered into the cramped kitchen and opened the fridge. "What's good to eat when you're sick? Well, soup, obviously. Duh. What else? Bananas are good and easy to digest. Same with crackers. Does she have a sore throat? If so, popsicles made of fruit juice helps. Hm... okay. Let's start."

Jessica pulled out some ingrediants for soup-- noodles, chicken, chicken broth, vegetables-- and began preparing it. As it simmered on the stove, she found some bananas and bread, toasting the bread and putting the bananas on top of it. For the finishing touch, she made some warm green tea.

Doing all of this, Jessica hadn't realize that Tiffany had walked into the room.

"Sica? What are you doing?"

Jessica dropped her metal spoon into the soup. "O-oh, Tiffany, you startled me! Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah. A little. My throat hurts, though. And my stomache."

"Well, here, have some of this. Chicken noodle soup, toast, and bananas are good for your stomache. Plus, tea is really healthy, too. And afterwards, I'll bring you some popsicles to help your throat."

Tiffany blinked a few times.

"What's wrong?"

"It's just... why are you doing all of this for me?"

Jessica dropped the spoon in the soup pan again. "Aish, so clumsy! Well, uh... I guess... Well, we're friends! And... that's what friends do! Right?"

Tiffany smiled. "Sure, okay! Thanks, friend!"

"No problem!" After Tiffany ate her food and had a popsicle, she and Jessica curled up on the couch together to watch a movie. It was some American comedy called "Bruce Almighty" that Tiffany said was just hysterical. The two laughed together at the jokes, cuddled up under the blanket. At one particular scene, Tiffany laughed so hard that she couldn't breathe, Jessica joining her.

"Ah... you were right, this is hilarious!"

"I know, right! Thanks for watching it with me! When I'm sick, I always feel better after laughing."

"Yeah, I know what you mean." As Jessica watched Tiffany laugh, something dawned on her. What she felt towards the older girl wasn't what she normally felt toward her friends. Even Sunny. Because she never felt jealous when Sunny said she was in love with someone. Never blushed because of her. Never had such a panicky feeling in her stomache when she looked at her. These were things that only happened with Tiffany.

"Um, Tiffany?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom."

"Okay, I'll pause the movie for you."

"No, that's okay, you don't have to."

"Sica, I've seen this movie a billion times. I know what happens. I don't mind waiting for you."

"Um, okay, yeah, go ahead..." Jessica stood up with shakey legs and carefully walked to the bathroom, pulling out her phone.

She couldn't call Sunny. Sunny's overwhelmingness was too much to handle at the moment. She didn't want to bother Yoona or Yuri, even though they had experience with this sort of a thing. She wasn't close enough to Donghae or Eunhyuk yet. As for Hyoyeon, Sooyoung, or Seohyun, she just wasn't sure about how they would react. In her mind, there was only one person she could call.

"Hello?"

"Hey..."

"Oh, Sica! What's up? Is Tiffany okay?"

"Yeah, she's better now. Can... can I talk to you for a minute, Taeyeon?"

"Of course, what's up?"

"Well... I...  I think I'm in love... with Tiffany."

 

Dun dun duuuuun (again)!! So, things are moving along, huh? Let's see what happens next chapter~~ Thanks for always supporting me, guys! I hope you continue to support me up until the very end, cuz you guys are my inspiration ^.^ I love you~