Signs From Above

Signs From Above

 

Chapter 15

They finished dinner and walked over to the Kim's house.

They knocked on the Kim’s door. Taemin felt nervous. Jinki held his hand and gave it a little firm squeeze.

The door opened. “Taemin? Jinki?!?” his mother was surprised.

Taemin was scared so Jinki spoke 1st. “Hello Mrs. Kim. I just found out about the passing of Kibum. I came to say I’m sorry for your loss and sorry I am late in telling you, but I only just found out...”

She stepped forward towards Taemin, Jinki blocked her from Taemin. “Jinki? I’m sorry he must of told you how we acted towards them.” she casted her eyes away in shame.

“Yes he did. He has something’s he has to say as well.”

Her lip trembled, “I am sorry Taemin, I miss Kibum so much. I am so, so sorry, for being so cruel to you.” She swallowed roughly trying to hold back tears. "Especially at the end, the hospital. When you snapped at me I lost it, but then the pain in your face. I felt so bad for treating you that way, for treating my only child that way.” She broke down and hugged Taemin. The dam broke and the tears began gushing out. “Please forgive me.” She begged and pleaded, sobbing into his neck.

Taemin was shocked he hesitantly lifted his arms up afraid to hug her back. His eyes teary eyed. He wrapped his arms around her, his hands flat on her back. She pulled out of the hug after a moment and wiped at her wet cheeks.  “Please come on in.”

The young men sat down. She explained how she feels so guilty, and regretful, she wishes she could tell Kibum sorry. Taemin wiped his tears away. “Mrs. Kim.” He reached for her hand and rubbed it with his thumbs. “He forgave you already; remember at the hospital, he knows you are sorry. And I forgive you too” He hugged her.  She cried harder at his maturity and compassion after all she had done to him and her son.

Jinki wiped at his eyes.  “Where is Mr. Kim?” Jinki asked.

“He is working late, but he feels the same way even though he won’t tell you that. He gets mad at himself and takes it out on Taemin.  So, Taemin, that is why he ripped your note and at the cemetery. I saw you run away. He didn’t see you though, my heart sunk so deeply. I didn’t know what to do. I wish I could take it all back” She sobbed again. Jinki and Taemin both hugged her.

After a few moments, she looked to Jinki. “So, what brings you to Seoul?” She asked trying to calm back down.

“I moved here at the beginning of summer, I met Taemin, We fell in love, and we are dating. And today we found out we both knew Kibum, and I found out about his passing.”

She smiled weakly. She looked at Taemin “Taemin, I hope you and Jinki live along time and enjoy life.” She turned to the other man for a moment.  “Jinki take care of Taemin.  Taemin I would like to make it up to you. I know your parents and you still don’t talk but if you ever need a mother, will you come and see me. You and Jinki are the only thing left of my son. And if I see you happy, I will be happy.” She wiped at her eyes.

“I would be happy to visit you.” He wiped at his tears too. He stood up getting ready to leave.

“And don’t worry about my husband he will come around.” She walked them to the door.

She hugged the young men a goodbye.

They closed the door behind them, they walked down the stairs.

“That went better than I thought it would.” Taemin felt at ease.

Jinki walked Taemin home. Kissed him good night at his door and went home.

Taemin fell asleep that night at peace without a problem at all for the 1st time in years. He was completely healed at last.  

He fell asleep with a serene smile on his face.

As he entered into his dreams, Kibum was sitting under the shade of a tree waiting for him. Taemin walked up to him with a smile that could rival those of the angels.  Kibum stood up to greet him; he opened his arms stretching out for a hug.

“Hello Taemin.” He said as Taemin rested his chin on his shoulder as they hugged.

“Hello Kibum.”

“How do you feel?”

“Lighter than air.” He smiled.

They sat under the tree leaning on each other.

“You have reached your last step and accomplished it.  You are out of denial, you know you love him. You did it all on your own. You chose to admit you like Jinki, you chose to get better, you chose to even visit my parents.” He patted Taemin’s leg.  “I am very proud of you. I’ve missed my old Tae, I’m happy to have you back.”

“Thank you for everything; for helping me along, guiding me, so I could have those choices and chances. And I am happy Jinki chose the things he has in life too.” He smiled with a hint of blush across his cheeks.

“You’re welcome. The angels were very happy. I was crying I was so happy. And you two are so cute.”

“But how did you leave all those signs for us? You knew since were kids? That must have been so painful and tormenting.”

“Well, I had conflicting thoughts, anger, sadness, a whole bunch of mixed emotions about you and my own death. And in time when it came to thoughts about you, I realized I had to save you and I would do anything for you. I had to let you go so you could be with Jinki. When it came to death, the closer you get to it the more clear things become, and in my case I could always see my guardian angel and he helped me through things. I found out when I was a teenager after we fell in love by the way. But don’t feel bad now ok kiddo, I am fine, and I was fine near the end too. I never lied about that. I truly was fine at the hospital.”

“Well, not just the emotions But the human pain though, you were so sick.”

“I knew it had to happen. And yes the physical pain of the disease, it hurt, but look at me now.” He stood up and twirled around once. His suit looked so white; it was the whitest white Taemin had ever seen.  “I feel fine, no pain, not sad. I feel as one now. I feel an overwhelming since of peace and even more so since your heart is mended.”

There were a few questions Taemin thought about for a moment, but now he had full faith, he didn’t need or want them to be answered. He knew he really was going to be ok. So, he chose to be in the moment. Taemin stood up. “May I have one last dance with you?” He asked with a smile.

“Yes, you may.” They danced as a gently breeze blew through the leaves above their heads, the leaves rustled in a soft hush.

When their dance ended Kibum looked into Taemin’s eyes. “I have to go now.”

Taemin’s eyes puddle. “So soon?” He wiped at his eye softly.

“I’ll still see you one last time. Dry those eyes.” He wiped Taemin’s soft cheek and smiled. “You are better now. Don’t cry at my departure or I’ll start to cry. This isn’t good bye, it’s see you later. In the meantime, go have fun, live life, be happy, and love. Go experience all your life lessons ok?”

Taemin nodded. “I will. Thank you for everything Kibum. I love you.”

“I love you.” Kibum kissed Taemin’s lips. When Taemin opened his eyes Kibum was gone.

Taemin smiled with tears in his eyes. “Bye.”

 He got his closure.

Taemin woke up refreshed. His new adventure was ready to be had. The morning sun trickled in through the window; he greeted it with a smile. He was going to be ok......

 

 

 

 

 


 One Chapter left ......