CHAPTER 5 - JOO HYUN

ANGEL

“Victoria said you’ve been acting weird lately” the voice made Kris briefly look at his walking companion before he carried on looking into the distance. “Victoria over exaggerates a lot” he replied trying to change the subject as soon as possible. The girl sighed. “Kris if you don’t tell us what’s wrong we can’t help you”.  Kris ruffled his hair. He knew she was only trying to help but it was pointless. No one could help him.

 

“Don’t worry Jessica, I’m perfectly fine” he tried to reassure her. However if he knew Jessica as well as he did, she wouldn’t believe him so easily. “I don’t believe you” she crossed her arms. “Lets sit down first before we start fighting okay” he gently pushed her forward as the entered the school cafeteria.

 

They made their way through the sea of students before they settled at their usual table. Which was already half occupied by their friends. “There you guys are” Lay said upon their arrival. Jessica took a seat beside Lay gently pecking her boyfriend’s cheek making Lay grin like an idiot. Kris rolled his eyes. Lay had turned into a love sick puppy ever since he and Jessica started going out.

 

“Don’t be jealous Krissie” Lay noticed how Kris was staring at them. Kris made a face. He knew for a fact relationship weren’t his thing.  Especially with the way Jessica controlled Lay’s every action like she owned him. If there was anything he hated, it was giving up control.

 

“Oh I get it” Jessica broke his chain of thought. “You are in love. Thats why you’ve been acting weird” she lightly punched his shoulder.  Everyone on the table was looking at him now. “Kris in love I doubt it” Kai shook his head. Jessica gave him a look “anyone can fall in love you know”. “Anyone but Kris” Kai replied.

 

“You know I’m right here” Kris finally spoke making the two look at him. “Oh it can talk” Chanyeol chuckled. “Chanyeol I didn’t notice you there” he gazed at his watch pretending to read the time “ You haven’t said a word in like one minute that’s a new record” Chanyeol gasped he clenched his heart pretending to be hurt.

 

“Okay everybody break it up” Lay intervened. He knew if they carried on like this a war would erupt. “Firstly, like my baby said anyone can fall in love even Kris. He is human after all, I think” Chanyeol chuckled while Kris gave him an evil look. Lay laughed nervously avoiding his gaze.

 

“Secondly, Kris you have been acting weird. It could be love” he wiggled his eyebrow. Kai and Kris both silently shook his head. “I don’t think so” Kai stole the words from his mouth. Jessica ignored him and turned to Kris “think about it, there must be someone special you can’t get off your mind”.

 

 Kris knew a lot of girls yet Joohyun was the first that came to mind. He couldn’t be in love with Joohyun, she’s dead. He ruffled his hair trying to clear his thought. How could she affect him so much? There was just something about her, yet Kris couldn’t figure out what it was.

 

Warmth washed over Kris every time he thought of Joohyun. She reminded him of something good in his life that he had lost a long time ago. Like repressed memories he had been pushing back for years were suddenly trying to break free. Even her scent, gardenias, made him feel so free.

 

“Do you guys know where I can find gardenias” Kris didn’t know why he just asked that. Kai looked at him funny. “Why do you want flowers” Chanyeol stole the words from Kai’s mouth. Snapping out of his trance Kris noticed how everyone on the table was looking at him.

 

“Victoria wants flowers” he made up an excuse. He really didn’t have a reason why he wanted gardenias. Perhaps he just wanted to feel close to her and that was the only way, since she dead and all. “I can take you to Mrs. Seo’s Flower shop. They have gardenias” Jessica volunteered.

 

“Wait Mrs. Seo” The name sounded so familiar to him. Then it struck him. Joohyun’s last name was Seo. “Yeah she’s the owner, the best florist in town”. Could she have a link to Joohyun. Kris didn’t know but it was worth a shot. “Okay” was all he said trying to contain his excitement. He might just have a lead.

 

AFTER SCHOOL

 “This is it” Jessica said when they finally got to their destination. It was a tiny shop in the middle of town. Not much of a looker. It was very plain except for the sigh that read ‘Mrs. Seo’s’  and the flowers that were scattered around the entrance. “Are you sure this is the best florist in town”.

 

“This is the only florist in town” Jessica said opening the door and entering the tiny shop. Once inside the two were hit with varies fragrances of the flowers that occupied the shop. Kris inhaled taking in the sweet smells. He looked around the shop but no one was in site.

 

“Excuse me” Jessica called out trying to get some assistance. Within minutes an elderly woman appeared from the back of the store holding a bunch of purple flowers. She placed them on the counter before turning to Jessica. “How may I help you” she gave Jessica a warm smile.

 

“My friend here would like some gardenias” Jessica pointed to Kris who had his back to the woman as he was examining the store. The more he stayed in the shop the more he felt like he had been there before. That feeling of repressed memories washed over him again.

 

“Kris please don’t leave me”

“Kris wait, come back”

“Kris don’t go”

 “Kris...”

“Kris!”

 

“Kris” Jessica waved her hand in front of his face trying to get his attention. “What” he said finally snapping out of his trance. Jessica grabbed his arm dragging him to the counter. “As I was saying my friend would like a bunch of gardenias” she said to the older woman.

 

Jessica notice how the woman was looking at Kris. She stayed silent for a while examining his face like she knew him from somewhere. Kris and Jessica looked at each other confused by the older woman’s action. “Uhm excuse me” Jessica tried to get her attention. “Sorry” she shook her head turing back to Jessica.

 

“Gardenias please” the woman nodded before disappearing behind the counter. “A bunch of gardenias” they heard the woman say from the other side of the store. At that moment someone entered the shop. The woman came back to assist the other customer.

 

“Your flowers will be out soon” she said to Jessica and Kris before handing the purple flowers she previously had to the other customer. The older woman engaged in a conversation with the other customer while Kris and Jessica patiently waited for their flowers. ‘This is stupid’ Kris said to himself thinking about the reason why he was here in the first place.

 

Before long a girl appeared from the back of the store, gardenias in hand. Kris didn’t notice her, as he was too busy examining the store once again. “Thank you” Jessica spoke as the girl gave her the flowers.  She took a whiff of the flowers loving the sweet smell.

 

“Kris” she nudged him as it was time for him to pay for the flowers. He pulled out his wallet taking out a few notes. He looked up from his wallet meeting the gaze of the girl behind the counter.  His eyes widened in shock. He couldn’t believe what he was seeing; this girl was “JooHyun!”

 

A/N

I'm so sorry abot the long waits. I know any excuse I give you won't be enough so please accept my apology.

I actually took some time to think about where I am going with this story. I really want to make it the best it can be and hopefully you like what I come up with. Also I will be updating regulary as well as my other fic. Thany you for being patient.

 

PS

I really appreciate your support. Thank you for commenting and subscribing.