CHAPTER 6 - WHERE DO WE BEGIN

ANGEL

 

“What did you just say?” the girl was baffled by Kris’ previous statement. “Y-you I know you” he stabled on his words trying to process everything he was seeing. This girl was an exact copy of Joohyun. But how could it be? Joohyun was dead, yet the girl was right in front of him.

 

He took a few steps forward trying to examine her face, just to make sure his mind wasn’t playing tricks on him. “What are you doing?” the girl said freaked out by how close his face was. “Joohyun” Kris was about to touch her face when someone grabbed the collar of his shirt and violently pulled him back.

 

Infuriated he turned to the person ready to punch them in the face only to find the older woman Mrs. Seo. “I think you should leave now” she said letting go of his collar. Kris fixed his shirt before turning back to the girl completely ignoring the older woman.

 

“Joohyun is that you” he asked. “Listen I-” the girl was about to explain when the older woman protectively stood between her and Kris ending the conversation before it began. “Get out!” she shrieked pointing at the door.

 

“Come on lets go” Jessica took the flowers in one hand and pulled Kris towards the exit with the other. He looked back at Joohyun, or who ever she was, while Jessica dragged him out the door. The girl looked like she was about to say something but the older woman cut her off.

 

“What the hell was that” Jessica punched Kris’ shoulder once they were outside. She had never seen him act that way. Kris rubbed his aching shoulder avoiding her gaze. “Kris” she put her hands on her hips waiting for an explanation.

 

But how could he explain everything to her. What would he say, that girl looked like the dead girl who caused his accident. “She just reminded me of someone” was the only excuse he could give. He wasn’t lying after all.

 

Jessica however was not satisfied she needed more. “Yeah I got that, what I want to know is who she reminds you of and who the hell is Joohyun?” Kris gulped trying to come up with another excuse. “Uhm, Joohyun what are you talking about”

 

“I’m not stupid; you called that name out like five times. Explain!” Jessica said with a raised eyebrow. Having admitted defeat, he was about to tell her everything when someone called out, making both of them turn to the direction of the sound.

 

“Wait” a figure was running towards them, Jessica narrowed her eyes trying to make out who it was. “Isn’t that the girl from the flower shop?” Jessica said as the girl approached them. Kris nodded. The girl was punting as she approached them; she waited a few seconds to catch her breath before she spoke.

 

“Joohyun, you called me Joohyun. What do you know about her” the girl pleaded. Kris looked at Jessica, who was also waiting for a response, then back at the girl. “What do you mean” he was confused. “Tell me about her” she begged.

 

“So you’re not Joohyun” the girl shook her head, perplexing Kris even more. He still wasn’t convinced though, there was no way two people would look so a like. “Joohyun is my sister, was my sister. She passed away a long time ago. My name is Seohyun” she explained

 

Kris made an ‘o’ shape with his mouth. That made sense. “I was young when my sister died and I don’t remember anything about her” she looked sad “Please tell me about her. Tell me anything, I need to remember her” she begged.

 

Kris was dumbfounded. He really didn’t know much about her either. “Sorry I didn’t know our sister” he said frowning. He wished he could help her. She seemed distressed about not remembering her sister. “But you just called me by her name”

 

“I read an article about her accidents a few days ago, then I saw you -” he didn’t have to finished his sentence. The girl took few steps back “I guess that makes sense” Seohyun said trying to hold back her tears. For the first time she felt hope but that was quickly shut down.

 

Jessica walked over to girl when she noticed a single tears landing on her cheek. She embraced the girl trying to calm her down. “I just wish I could remember her” the girl sobbed hugging Jessica even tighter. ‘Do something’ Jessica mouthed to Kris. he shrugged his shoulders not knowing how her could help.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes. Of course Kris didn’t know how to deal with emotions. “Why don’t you go through some of her things, you know, try to bring back some old memories” Jessica suggested when Seohyun finally pulled away.

 

“I’ve tried to do hat but by mom always stopped me, saying how it was better if I didn’t remember” she sniffed.

 

“How about we help you remember” Jessica offered trying to prevent another sobbing scene. The girl’s face it up. “Really” Seohyun looked at Kris waiting for his response. Jessica gave him a look that said ‘you better agree’.  “Sure” he said afraid of what Jessica might do to him if he didn’t agree.

 

It wouldn’t hurt to help the girl. He kind of understood what she was going through. He too had a huge gap in his memory. A long time ago he had gone through a traumatic experience and his mind erased the event from his memory.

 

He had never tried to find out what exactly had happened to him. He figured if It was bad enough to block out, what was the point of trying to dig up the past now. So he never bothered. But this girl looked like she needed to dig up the past so he would help.

 

To be honest he had his own intentions. By helping this girl maybe he can find out more about Joohyun. What he was looking for Kris had no idea but something was telling him there was more to this and that he was somehow involved.

 

“Where do we begin?”

 

A/N Here is another chapter.  I hope I answered some questions. Thank you for subscribing and commenting it really encourages me to keep writing.