CHAPTER 11 - WHAT?!

ANGEL

Kris stuffed his frozen hands into his coat pockets. This wasn’t the best time to take a walk around town but he was too far gone to turn back now. He took a deep sigh that released a puff of cold air. Despite the cold weather, Kris continued his walk with no destination in mind.

Kris had been skipping school for the past couple of days, he needed some time alone. That’s why he took walks every now and then, to clear his mind. Although he was starting to regret his decision because the weather seemed to getting colder with every step he took away from the comfort of his home.

He came to a stop in front of the local supermarket. Feeing a little bit hungry he decided go inside and buy noodle to make when he got back home. His mom was back in china visiting relates while Victoria was out of town visiting her boyfriend Changmin. Kris was on his own now.

For the past couple of days Kris had been living on noodle and cereal but he didn’t mind. He kind of liked being alone, it gave him time to think. Although sometimes he got very lonely and he couldn’t exactly call his friends for company.

However just when the loneliness became unbearable Seohyun showed up. Yes the girl had paid him a visit at home, on quite a few occasions actually. The first time she came by to see if he was okay. She had tried to call him but Kris was ignoring all call except the ones’ from his mom, the woman would be worried if he didn’t answer.  

Seohyun’s check-up visit turned into a talking session in which the two spend hours conversing about random things. Kris had to admit that he did enjoy Seohyun’s company. He saw a lot of himself in the girl. That look in her eyes was the exact same look he saw when he looked in the mirror. Loss, confusion, vulnerability and the determination to find out the truth. That is how Kris knew he could trust her, or maybe he just decided to.

Seohyun and Kris had actually become very close. On one occasion the girl even stayed behind to cook him a proper meal. He didn’t realise how much he missed his mom’s cooking until he tasted Seohyun’s pasta.

 

FLASHBACK

 

“What am I supposed to make with this” Seohyun eyed the ingredients sprawled on the dinning room table. Kris only shrugged grabbing a packet of potatoes chips from the table and opening it.

“Don’t eat that, it will spoil you appetite” Seohyun snatched the chips before Kris could get a bite in.

“By the looks of things there isn’t going to e a dinner” Kris teased making Seohyun pout childishly. Kris had to admit she did look cute acting childish, although he would never voice that.

“Think Kris, what can we make”

Kris rubbed his chin “we can make pasta” he suggested.

“Perfect” Seohyun beamed. She grabbed he ingredients for pasta off the table and headed to the kitchen.

“What am I supposed to do with all of this” Kris asked pointing at the entire kitchen’s contents on the dining room table.

“Put it back in the kitchen and don’t eat anything else” Seohyun screamed from the kitchen just in time to stop Kris from grabbing a milkyway. Kris is not one to follow people’s instructions but for some reason he couldn’t disobey Seohyun’s orders.

They spent the rest of the night eating Seohyun’s pasta and watching dramas until they both fell asleep on the couch, in each other’s arms.

What an awkward morning it was when Kris opened his eyes only to find a certain dark haired girl cuddling up to his chest. He didn’t entirely hate the feeling but he did however dislike how is heart was practically ramming against his rib cage threatening to jump out.  

The moment she opened her eyes and Kris gazed into those dark brown orbs he felt as though his entire world collapsed. In that single moment everything else in his life made sense. He couldn’t resist the urge to brush his thumb against her lips, slowly caressing her soft skin. Kris began to move closer to the dark haired girl and before he knew it their lips had connected in a slow passionate kiss.

 

“Good morning”

“Morning”

 

END OF FKASHBACK

 

Kris smiled at the memory of that morning. He was too reoccupied with his thoughts when he should have been paying attention to where he was going. He was about to enter the supermarket when he collided with someone exiting the store. The impact landed the other person on the floor but Kris was strong enough to keep his balance.

“Sorry about that” Kris reached for the ground ready to pick up the small frail woman sprawled on the ground, when something caught his eyes. A pinkish sea shell hanging on a silver neck chain around the other person’s neck. Kris looked up at the other person and came in contact with a pair of large doe eyes.

Yoona immediately looked away as she began to pick up contents of her shopping bag that had fallen out due to the collision. Kris was a little confused but quickly snapped out of his trance and began helping Yoona put her groceries back into the brown paper bag.

“Where did you get that” Kris motioned at the necklace hanging around Yoona’s neck. He couldn’t help but ask.  

“I’ll tell you what I told Seohyun, Please stay away”

Kris looked at the doe eyed girl, confused.

“What are you talking about?”

“You know exactly what I’m talking about Wu Fan”

Kris couldn’t hide the surprise from his face. How on earth did Yoona know that name?  Only his close friend and family members knew him as Wu Yifan.

“How did you know my na-”

“That’s not important Kris but what I’m telling you is. Stop looking because you won’t like what you find”

Kris could see the honestly in Yoona’s eyes as she spoke those words. The girl surely knew exactly what was going on, what everyone else seemed to be hiding from him. Without waiting for a reply Yoona picked up the last of her fallen goods before waking past him and into the night.

Kris stood there in the middle of the street frozen stiff. He tried to move but a sudden wave of shock left him immobile.

 

 

“Hey guys have you seen Kris” Chanyeol cheerfully asked unaware of he tension he had just brought to the table. It was lunch time and Chanyeol, Kai, Lay and Jessica were sitting on their usual table having a peaceful lunch that was until Chanyeol brought Kris up.

Jessica shifted uncomfortably in her chair and glared dagger at her salad while Lay only shrugged at in response. Chanyeol’s grin turned into a sad frown. He hadn’t seen his friend for a while now and he was stating to get worried.

“I don’t know, but I heard he was in the nurse’s offi-”

“Kris!” Chanyeol cut Kai off once he noticed a tall figure approaching the table. Jessica’s head shot up immediately. She honestly wanted to run away when she saw that it was indeed the tall Chinese man.  Jessica couldn’t deal with this, she couldn’t deal with Kris. She had just managed to patch things up wit Lay.

Kris only smiled in response as he took the seat next to Chanyeol, which the latter had been saving for him. Summing up all sincerity he could, Kris finally spoke. It was time to put Seohyun’s plan in action.

“Listen guys, I know I haven’t been a very good friend” Jessica snorted at Kris’ opening line louder than expected. A slight blushed graced her cheeks as she noticed the entire table was looking at her now. She turned back to her salad avoiding the question glares Kai and Chanyeol were sending at her, they didn’t know the real reason why Kris had been missing for the past couple of days.

“I know Sica, you don’t have to keep it in. I have been a terrible friends but I want to make it up to you guys” although it was all rehearsed Kris did mean very word of it. He did want to make up with his friends, he did want be the old Kris again, he did want things to go back to the way they used to be. But he knew they could never be the same, not if he found out the truth.

“And how do you plan on doing that” Lay finally spoke shifting everyone’s attention to him. He had been silent the entire day until now.

“Lets’ go away for the weekend”

“Weakened away, what?” Chanyeol, Jessica and Kai asked in unison.

“Yeah, I asked lay’s dad if we could go to the cabin for the weekend and be happily gave me the key” Kris dangled the set of keys in the air for all to see.

It was Lay’s turn to be surprised.

“You did what?” He asked trying to keep is cool. “You want the five of us to go on a trip, and spend the weekend in my family cabin” Lay asked and Kris only nodded in response.

“Yeah that seems like fun” Chanyeol was the only one enthusiastic about the idea.

“Wait, you just expect us to cancel whatever we had planned for the weekend?” Kai asked. Lay threw Kris a stern look waiting for him to answer.

“Well Seohyun is coming along and she invited Yoona who just happened to be her best friend”

Kai’s eyes widened. Kris knew that the only way to convince Kai to come along was to dangle Yoona in front of him. He knew that Yoona would agree to go on the trip because Seohyun assured him that Yoona would never say no to her.

“My Yoona” Kai questioned still wide eyed.

Jessica rolled her eyes “she’s not yours Jongin”.

“Wait if Yoona and Seohyun are coming along that mean there will be four boys and only three girls” Chanyeol counted using his finger “we need another girl to even the scores”.

“That’s if we are going” Lay stated and very at the table looked a him. The group was now getting excited about the trip. Even Jessica, who at first was against it, began to warm up to the idea.

Kris knows that if everyone else wanted to go there was no way Lay would say no. So far he knew that Chanyeol wanted to go because of the adventure, Kai wanted to go because of Yoona and Jessica wanted to go simply to Kai. There was no way Lay could say no.

“Come on babe it will be fun” Jessica said to her boyfriend throwing him a pouty face. Lay glanced  at everyone on the table and they all looked excited for the trip, they were just waiting for his approval. With a heavy sigh Lay only nodded making everyone else cheer. He really didn’t want them to go “there” but he had no choice. Beside it could actually be fun. He hadn’t been to the cabin since...

 

“So about the fourth girl, who can we bring?” Chanyeol asked.

“We can ask Sooyoung, she and Kai seem to get along” Jessica suggested.

“No! Sooyoung talks too much” Chanyeol shook his head “I really don’t understand why you two are so close” he said pointing his fork at Kai as he talked.

“We grew up together okay, so just back off” Kai defended his childhood friend.

“What about Krystal?” Lay suggested.

“Jessica’s sister right, she’s pretty cute” Chanyeol’s statement made Jessica face flash with anger.  

“Oh hell no, there is no way I’m bring my baby sister with you erts around” Jessica viciously shook her head.

“Well she is going to be all alone if we go on the trip since your parents are in Paris for their second honeymoon” Lay reminded.

“Oh crap” Jessica swore, she had completely forgotten about her sister. And with this bit of information she had to bring Krystal along or the girl would be alone for the whole weekend and Jessica was sure the younger would have burnt the house down by the time she came back.

“You people better stay away from my sister, she’s a baby” Jessica exclaimed eyeing Chanyeol in particular. The tall boy only grinned unable to hide his excitement. He was happy abut the trip but Krystal coming along made him want to jump over the moon.

“Well Krystal’s not that young, she is probably the same age as Seohyun, am sure they even go to the same school” Kris said.

“Why do you know so much about Seohyun Kris” Lay asked curiously. “I know you two have been spending a lot of time together but...”

Kris shifted uncomfortably in his seat, this was going to be hard to take in. he coughed clearing his throat before speaking “we are kind of dating”

“What?!”

 

A/N:

Yay longer chapter. Did you guys like it?

So Kris and Seohyun’s plan involves the cabin in the picture they found, what do you guys think their plan could be? And Seokris are finally dating. I've been pushing their relationship back for so  long I though it would be better to just do it now, hope it wasn’t too rushed.

Please leave a comment and tell me what you guys think. Also don’t forget to subscribe.