CHAPTER 10 - PLEASE STAY AWAY

ANGEL

Kris was sitting on the edge of the bed in the nurse’s office. He wasn’t allowed to leave yet as the nurse had requested he stay a little longer so he can fully recovers.  Kris was actually supposed to be in bed but he couldn’t sleep, not after what Seohyun had told him.

 

The bell rang signalling the end of the school day. Kris had missed a whole day of school. Maybe his little moment of weakness was not as bad as he thought it was. He quickly got up getting ready to go home but then remembered he had no ride back.

 

There was no way he could back with Lay, not after what he had done.

 

He stood still for a moment trying to think of a solution. He could take the bus but he left his pass at home. He could go with Chanyeol or Kai but he wasn’t in the mood to be interrogated. Sighing in frustration he rubbed his temple. He was ready to give up but then he remembered something.

 

“My car” he happily exclaimed.

 

His car was still at the garage. He was supposed to get it a few days ago however due current events it had completely slipped his mind. But now was the perfect time to get it. He quickly got dressed and gathered his belongings before heading out the door.

 

He wanted to thank the nurse for taking care of him but she was nowhere to be found so he made a mental note to look for her and thank her properly. The garage was not very far from his school so he decided to take a nice walk.

 

Kris carefully made his way out the school building. It was a bright sunny day out and it took Kris a few seconds to adjust to the sudden sunlight. He was still a bit dizzy so he took slow careful steps, he didn’t want to pass out again. As Kris waddled his way out of school grounds he noticed a couple of familiar faces in the parking lot.

 

From a distance he could see Kai, Chanyeol and Lay. The three looked were happily chatting away. It was hard to admit but they did look better as a trio. Kris felt hurt, but he deserved it. He had been a horrible friend.

 

For a brief second Lay glanced in Kris’ direction, wearing a cold expression, but quickly turned back to Kai and Chanyeol like he didn’t see anything important.

 

Kris was not surprised by Lay’s reaction or lack there of. He had deeply hurt his best friend and screwed up his relationship with Jessica. Kris completely understood. In fact if in his position he would have done much worse.

 

Jessica meant everything to Lay, she was his world. Kris had been aware of Lay’s feeling for a long time, back when she was crashing on him. Lay had always felt uncomfortable with Jessica and Kris’ close friendship but he never said anything about it because he didn’t want either one to loose a friend.

 

That was Lay, always putting everyone before himself.  Kris tried to ignore the guilt washing over him. Looking back it was probably not the best decision to do that to Lay. At this point he was ready to do anything that would put things back to the way they were. Even if it meant he had to apologise, which he hardly did.

 

However Kris was not aware of the gravity of the situation. He had no idea how far he had pushed Lay and that a simple apology would not fix anything. They had long passed that point.

 

Kris shook his head trying to rid himself of dangerous thoughts. He focused on his journey.

 

On his way to the garage Kris came across the ledge where he had crushed his car. He couldn’t resist the urge to drop by. Maybe Joohyun might appear. It was weird that he was waiting for a girl that he was hundred percent sure was dead. It was weird.

 

This whole situation was weird. From two sisters to Lay and Yoona, nothing made sense. Kris wanted more than anything to understand what was going on but it seemed everything was against him. The only hope he had was Seohyun’s plan and that was a bit risky. Kris was not sure if he wanted to go through with it.

 

After ten minutes of waiting he decided to proceed with is expedition. It seamed everyone had abandoned him including Joohyun.

 

That was the final push he needed to agree to Seohyun’s dangerous plan.

 

He couldn’t loose everything.

...

...

 

“Unnie!”  Seohyun exclaimed once she spotted a certain doe eyed girl wonder around the school grounds, like she was looking for someone, probably her.

 

A smile spread across Yoona’s face when she saw Seohyun in the distance, standing by her school’s gate, waving at her. She quickly made her way the younger girl.

 

“I thought you wouldn’t come today” Yoona said linking their arms.

 

“Why not, I’m here everyday” Seohyun stated. Yoona and Seohyun went to different schools, due to the , but the younger would always be at the elder’s school, waiting for her so they could walk home together. This was their daily routine.

 

“I heard you were by the school this morning, so I thought you wouldn’t come back” Yoona explained.

 

“Oh” Seohyun simply answered. A blush spread across her cheeks a she recalled the morning’s events.  How Kris passed out and she was there to rescue him, it kind of made her feel good and wanted.

 

“So what were you doing here this morning” Yoona asked.

 

“I actually came to talk to Kris” Seohyun replied. Yoona didn’t dig any further. She never did. Seohyun was grateful for that because it would be hard to explain everything to Yoona and she hated lying to her but the older girl was almost uninterested.

 

Seohyun often wondered why Yoona never asked about Kris or what he was doing with him. She knew that he was helping her remember her past but that was it. It was almost as if Yoona was afraid to ask question, afraid to know the answer, but Seohyun never asked her about it. She figured that if Yoona didn’t ask question she shouldn’t either.

 

“Do you like him?” Yoona’s question came out f the blue breaking Seohyun’s chain of thought. She turned away from Yoona trying to hide the pinkish color that had covered her cheeks. The answer was obvious.

 

Yoona kept her gaze fixed to the ground. Her long glossy hair covering her face as well as the angry look in her eyes. Yoona’s knuckles were slowly turning white from the way she tightly held onto her school bag. Seohyun couldn’t see this but Yoona was indeed fuming.

 

“Why would you think tha-”

 

“It’s dangerous Seohyun-you shouldn’t-It will- you will get hurt” Yoona cut Seohyun off, her words in a jumble. She couldn’t tell Seohyun how or why she knew the younger would get hurt, but she had to warn her.

 

Seohyun couldn’t go down this path again especially since things ended up tragically last time. She just couldn’t.

 

“Please stay away”

 

A/N:

Hello

I’m so sorry I made you wait so long for such a boring chapter. But don’t worry it’s just a filler. We are getting close to the of the story so please bear with me.

Thanks for subscribing and commenting, your feed back is always appreciated.