CHAPTER 1 - I WILL FIND YOU

ANGEL

“And don’t forget the cereal” a loud voice boomed from the other side of the phone. Kris was annoyed. “Yes mom I won’t forget” he rolled his eyes. “And be careful on the road” She stated louder this time. “I can’t do that  with one hand on the wheel and the other holding the phone” he was trying to focus on the road when out of nowhere a figure appeared in front of his car. Trying to avoid what ever it was he swerved the car around and crashed into something. “Kris, Kris!” His mother yelled from the other line as she heard the collision. The call however, was cut when the phone was flung around the car and hit a window causing it to break into three.

Luckily Kris only ran into a tree. And the only thing damaged was the front of his car. After wrestling with the air bag he managed to jump out of it. “Damn, that’s going to cost a fortune” he exclaimed at the thought of the price of fixing his badly damaged car. He took pride in taking care of his things especially his car. “Mom’s going to kill me” He opened the back seat in search of his phone and was horrified when he found it was broken. “Great” He slammed the door shut.

He then decided to look for the cause this whole mess. He was running around the side of a road looking for a deer or some small animal, what he found however was entirely different.  As he got further down the road he saw someone standing on the ledge that looked down into the lake. It was a girl. She was wearing a long white dress which the wind blew around viciously and had her back towards him. She was standing straight with her gaze completely confused on the lake below her. Kris noticed how her entire back was covered with her long black hair.

She slowly turned around and Kris was in aw of the magnificent creature before him. Her skin was as white as snow; her hair was dark as the night and her face, was the most beautiful Kris had ever seen. She had soft pink lips that looked very kissable. Then he noticed the glistering liquid running down her cheeks. she was crying which made Kris’s heart clench. “Are you okay?” she could sense the worry in his voice. He reached his hand out as he got closer, trying to comfort her.

 “Stay back!” She shrieked causing Kris to jerk a little. “I’ll only bring you pain” she turned around making Kris face her back. “I seriously doubt that” Kris gulp as she turned towards him once again. She walked closer and closer towards Kris until their lips were only a few inches apart. She then ran her soft cold fingers across his cheek as she studied every inch of his face. “You have a good heart” She whispered to him. Kris felt like electricity was running through out his body.

His heart was beating faster with every second that went by. She moved closer to him making the distance between their lips even shorter. She smelled really good. He could feel her hot breath on his neck as she was shorter than him. Knowing exactly what was about to happen, Kris put his hands on her neck and pulled her closer towards him.  Their Lips where about to make contact when a pair of head lights caused Kris to fling his eyes open.

“Kris!” a worried lay flew out his car and toward Kris’s direction. Kris was distracted by his friend’s out burst but when he turned back to the girl she was gone. “What the hell” Kris whispered to himself. He looked around for any sign of the girl but she was no where to be found. “Are you looking for something” Lay was puzzled. Kris ruffled his hair in frustration “No” he replied to his friend’s previous question. He didn’t want to his friend to think he was crazy, which would have been a reality if he told him about the vanishing girl he was about to Kiss. “What are you doing here” Kris said now Turing his full attention to his friend who looked very worried. “Well your mom called, she was worried and she asked me to come looking for you. I saw your car crashed into the tree and I freaked out” Lay managed to breath after confirming his friend was alright. He always overreacted and worried too much a habit he was working on improving but was failing miserably.

“I’m fine” Kris reassured his friend. They decided to call a toll truck which soon arrived and transported Kris’ car to be fixed. On the ride home, in Lay’s car, Kris couldn’t help but feel disappointed. That girl he just met where did she go, who was she, where did she come from. His mind was filled with question only she could answer. Then he whispered to himself “I will find you”.