CHAPTER 4 - IT WAS NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN

ANGEL

It had been a few days since Kris found out about the girl from the lake. His was still trying to recall the facts. How is it possible that she’s dead he just saw her a few days ago. Could she be a ghost or something? “Highly unlikely” Kris answered his own question.

“What did you say” Victoria looked up from the book she was reading. “Nothing” He snapped at her and carried on pretending to do his homework. He really wasn’t in the mood for this. “I’m just trying to help” “Sorry” he quickly apologized and Victoria was which caught Victoria of guard.

“Did you just apologies or am I hearing things” she was confused. This was the few time she heard him say sorry ever. Kris tapped his pencil on the desk and gave his sister a look. “Well there is a first time for everything” she chuckled but Kris said nothing. He turned back to his History books flipping through the pages.

“Whatever is bothering you, you need to fix it” she said before she turned back to her book. Kris felt bad. He really didn’t want to be cold to his sister it’s just this whole thing had him really confused and he had to get answers. “I’m going out” Kris said having made up his mind. He was going back to the lake. If she really is dead he was going to find out.

Kris decided to walk instead of taking a bus. He needed some fresh air to clear his head. However he immediately regretted the decision because it gave him the chance to change his mind. Before he was really determined to get answers but as he was afraid of the answers he might get.  

 “This was a bad idea” he whispered to himself. It was getting darker and he was getting more and more anxious. “Damn it” he said Kris hated his anxiety. His heart was beating fast as he was on Hallow road now.  “Focus Kris” he told himself.

Kris walked slower as he approaches the part of Hollow road leading to the ledge. He was almost afraid of what he would find.  He turned a corner and in an instant he was on the ledge alone. Kris sighed.

Although  he was disappointed when he found nothing, he was kind of relieved. He got closer to the ledge and leaned in so he could get a better view of the lake. It was actually a good view. The lake was very clean and surrounded by oak trees which lead into the forest. The fresh air in that area was unbelievable.

“It’s beautiful isn’t it?” Kris snapped his head in the direction of the voice. He froze. “It’s you” that was all Kris managed to say. “I’m glad you came” she gave him a smile which made Kris’ heart skip a beat.  “What happened to you last time, you just vanished” She turned back to the lake dazing off. She seemed to do that a lot. “I had to go, but don’t worry I will always come back” she said still facing the lake.

“Why? Are you-” He stopped in his tracks when she put her long cold finger on his lips. Kris gulped. “I will always come back here because I ‘am waiting for someone” She continued “I need to make sure she’s okay. I promised I would always take care of her” Kris was confused.  

“Joohyun” He got her attention “That is your name right”. She nodded “I’m glad you know my name” She gave him another smile. “Who are you waiting for” Kris asked about her previous statement.  But before he got his answer she vanished into thin air. Kris felt heart broken and sad “It was nice to see you again”.

SORRY FOR THE SHORT BORING CHAPTER