Chapter 28

4 Months...

"Hey.."

"What?"

Myungsoo bit on his lower lips,unsure of himself on what he will ask the girl beside him.He didn't know whether it's a good idea or not.He never ever have been in a relationship before.Min Ah is his first,and hopefully is his last too.Just thinking about this idea make him blush,and thank goodness it's night right now.Only the street lamp is the one brighten up the night.He had insist to accompany the girl back to her home,since she said that her brother didn't pick up her call."Ah..it's damn embarrassing.."

Upon getting a long silence from the boy,Min Ah lift up an eyebrow as she look at the boy."What's with him?"She bit her inner cheeks.She reach up her hand and jab on the boy's ribs,which earn a loud but short yelp.

"What's that for?!"He glare at her."It's hurt,you idiot!"

The girl scoff."It's your fault for not finishing your sentences."

"You..!"

"I'm what?"She look at the boy,slightly smirking.

Myungsoo just sigh,totally give up on bickering with the girl.He can if he want,but he decide not to for today.Right now,he had even more important thing to ask the girl.He clear up his throat,trying to convince himself not to make any mistake or something.He clench both his hands,as sudden nervous envelope his whole body.He  never had some nerve-wrecking moment like this before.He think,starting from now,everything his first,will all start with the girl.With Bang Min Ah.It's weird,he never imagine it,but then again,he never know what awaits him in the future.

"Uh..."

"..what?"

"I..we.."

"..hm?.."

"T-this Saturday,let's g-go out."

Min Ah eyes widen,hearing what did the boy said.She look at him in shocked,as her legs stop moving."W-what w-was that?d-did I hear right?"Unconscioulsy,there's red flush appear on her cheeks as she feel hot all of the sudden in this chilly night.

Noticing that the girl is not walking by his side anymore,he stop and turn around,only to see the girl stand stupidly alone there.But he didn't blame the girl.She probably is shocked either at his sudden propose.He wait for about a minute,and still the girl didn't even move even for a bit.Okay,he's not a patient person,he knows that fully."Yah,do you plan to stay there all night or what?"There's no answer,instead the girl lift up her head and look at him in the eyes."Oi!"

"..."

He sigh."Seriously,if you still didn't move after I count up to 5,I'm going to leave you here."Again,there's no answer.

"1.."

...

"2.."

...

"3.."He raise an eyebrow.

...

"4.."His head twitch in annoyed."This idiot,seriously..?!"

...

"5."

...

"Fine,I'm going right now."He turn back around and start walking towards his house direction,turning left around the corner.He purposely slow down his pace as he know that the girl will soon regain back her mind and try to catch up with him.

Realising that the boy's figure starting to fade away from her sight,she shook her head,snapping her out from her shocked.She faster her pace,trying to catch up with the other."W-wait!M-Myungsoo!"She reach up her hand and grab the boy's bag,which successfully make the boy stop.

Immediately there's a small smile appear on his face,went unknown to the girl.He turn around,looking at the girl lazily,raising his eyebrows.

"Y-you..say you will send m-me back home.."

"I thought you didn't want since you're just standing over there?"He mock,and hiss afterward.

"S-sorry..it just that.."Yet again,she blush.She don't know why but it seems the blush don't want to leave her.The hold's on the boy loosen,only to get its grip back when it drop onto the boy's  sleeve."..let's go?"She ask shakily,unsure of herself as her eyes cast downward on the ground beneath them.

Seeing Min Ah in this kind of state,with her face is red from both the cold wind and embarrassment,he let out a chuckle."Stupid."He turn his body towards the girl and flick on her forehead,which earn him a wince."Let's go."He smile."It's getting late now."

"Y-Yeah.."

♦---♦

"I'm home!"Min Ah open the door and announced her presence,but only to get a silence in reply.She step in and close the door behind her,locking it,before she start to call for the older.

"Dae nii-san!"Still,the older didn't even bother to answer her.She wonder,is the older is asleep?But then,the fact that the older didn't pick up her call already weird to her.Unknowingly,her pace fasten up as she climb up the stairs and jog through the hallway,and stop on the third door.She catch up back her breath while knocking softly on the older's room.

"Dae nii-san?"

...

"Nii-san?"

...

"Are you there?"She raise her eyebrows as it become more confusing to her.She grab down the handle and place her hand there,not wanting to push it just yet."Hey.."

...

"I'm going in,if you didn't open it right now."

...

Again,it was silent.She push down the handle and to her surprise,the door is unlocked and when she open it,the room is empty.She step in and inspect the room,looking for her brother.She even look in the bathroom,but the older is no where to be found."Where did nii-san go?"She reach her phone in her pocket and start dialling the older's number,and yet again,to her surpsise,she heard a soft tone in the house.She step out from the room,and the sound seem a bit more clearer than when she's in the room.It's her brother's phone.Slowly,she move her legs towards the sound.First,she look around all the room at upstairs,but the older's figure is not there.She redial it countless time,and the sound bring her downstairs.She look right and left,giving her ears full attention on which hallway should she go.She listen to it carefully and it come from the right hallway.Without any delay,she go toward it and she came face to face with the door's of her house's library.She open the door as she ended the call.

"Dae nii-san!"She call again,for the older,but it was silent.She look around,still didn't see the older's figure.She move,pass about five rows of bookshelfs,before her pace stop as her eyes caught the mess at the end of the left bookshelf.Her face pale in horror as she run toward the lying figure on the floor."Nii-san!!"She gulp in panic as she sit,placing her brother's head on her lap.She pat softly on the older's cheek."Nii-san!wake up!"Her eyes swelling with tears in her eyes,trying to hold it back,but of course it's no use when it come to Daehyun.

"Nii-san,please,wake up.."She sob."..please,don't do this to me.."

There's silence for about three minutes,before she suddenly heard a sharp gasp following by several cough.Her eyes widen at this."Nii-san!you okay?"She lift up the older's head a bit,so that the older can breathe properly.

"..I..I.."Daehyun try to say something,but it's futile as he feel his throat dry,unable to form even a word properly.His eyes move towards the girl in front of him.He try to smile and wanted to assure the girl,but he know,he can't do that in this kind of state he is right now.He bring up his trembling right hand and hold onto her sister's arm.His mouth open once again,and yet,once again it didn't produce any sound.

Noticing this,Min Ah know exactly what's wrong with the older.She shake her head softly."It's hard,I know.Don't speak."Her eyes move,scanning the older up and down,before she look at the older."Can you stand up?come on,let's go to your room."She pull the older up slowly,bit by bit,and when they already stand up to their feets,Min Ah had take one of her brother's arm only to place it around her neck as a support.

They walk out from the library,and slowly heading upstairs towards the older's room.As soon as they reach the older room,Min Ah slowly put her brother on the bed and unwrap the arm around her neck.She push her brother,so that the older is lying on the mattress."Wait here,I'm going to bring you some water."She quickly run outside,and her steps can be heard when she go down the stairs.

Daehyun just look at the figure disappearing from his sight.It's hurt him when he can't even do anything at this time.He want to say at that girl that it's unnecessary,but he know,even if he try to stop her,the girl will still go take it.She's stubborn.He smile a bit,thinking about it.A sad smile.Just then,the frantic footsteps come back sounding in his ears and as he set his eyes on the door,the girl's face come to the view.She approach him.

"Here,drink some water nii-san."She hold the cup near to his mouth,but only to get a 'stop' sign from her brother.

The older push himself up to a sit position,as smile slowly appear on his face.He take the glass from his sister and drink it,until the last drop.He bring down the glass as soft sigh exhale from the boy."Thanks.."He said.Now that he already wet up his throat,he can speak properly back.He turn just a bit,only to place the glass on the bedside table.He turn back his attention at the girl and pat the empty space on the bed beside him."Come here.."

Instead of sitting at the empty space Daehyun had ask,Min Ah lunge at him and wrap her arms around the older's neck as she buried her face on the older's chest,crying once again.

Of course,upon this,Daehyun is shocked at the girl's sudden move as his eyes widen,his body frozen.Only after he regain back his mind after seconds,his eyes soften,as there's a glint of hurt in his eyes.He wrap his arms around the younger's body and hold her close.Her scent,is now at the best right now,but somewhat it calm him down.This is why he loves to have the girl around him,because the younger is the only one who's capable of doing this."I'm sorry..."He utter as he rub in circle motion on her back.

"D-do you know h-how worried I was?"

"I'm sorry,Min-chan.."

"I hate you,dae nii-san.."

"I'm sorry.."

"What happen?you-"

"It's nothing.Nii-san is okay."

"Nii-san,don't-"

"It's the truth."

There's silence between them,before the girl continue back to talk.

"Don't.."The girl sniff."..don't you ever dare.."again a sniff,"...ignore my call.."

Hearing this,his eyes widen in slight surprise before he smile at this."I..won't.."He tighten the hug a bit before he loosen it back.

Min Ah pull away from the older and stare at the older in the eyes,with her red's one."..why.."

"H-hm?"

"W-why didn't you t-tell me that you're not feeling well?"She glare."..am I not y-your s-sister?"

Daehyun froze upon that.His body seem heavy,and as though as he's a stone,unable to move even a limbs.It just hard to move it.

"Dae-nii?"She raise her eyebrows in confuse,as she notice that the boy somewhat become suddenly stiff.Too stiff."Are you okay?Do you feel hurt anywhere?"She stay quiet for awhile,waiting for the older to answer her,but the other just keep quiet.Her eyes widen."Is that it?!y-you've hurt somewhwere?!"She grab the older's hand and take a look at it,inspecting it,to look for any scratch,bruise or wound.

Feeling the hard tug on his arm,he snap back from his shock and look at the younger who's looking around his arm.He pull his hand from the younger hold's."N-no,I don't have any of those.Don't worry."He smile.He reach up his hand,only to tug the girl's hair behind her ear."Thank you for worrying about me,I'm pleased."

Upon this action,somehow make Min Ah blush.She pout and avert her eyes,not wanting to make an eye contact with her brother for awhile."W-why are y-you pleased a-anyway?"

"Because you're worried about me.."

"Of course I will!Y-you're my brother!"

"Yes.."He smile yet again,but the smile is different from before."..and I'm grateful for that."

"Idiot..."She lean forward and hide her face on the older's chest once again."..me too,nii-san."



♦---♦

"Dae-nii,what are you doing?"Min Ah said as she peek in into her brother's room.

Upon hearing the girl's voice,Daehyun lift up his face from the book on his lap and look at the younger.He smile."I'm reading.Why?do you need something?"He fold at the corner top of the page,before he close the book and put it aside on the empty space beside him on the bed."Are you hungry?"

"I...uh.."

"But,isn't a bit late already?"He glance at the clock on the wall,and it shows it's half past eleven."You will get stomach ache in the morning,if you eat at this time."He look at the girl,stare,unsure of what to do."But..uh,I guess I can make a really simple snack for you."He remove the blanket from his lower half and turn,to get down from the bed."But just a little,since I don't want you to have a stomach ache later on."

"U-Um..i-it's not that.."

"Huh?then?"

"I..."She blush."C-can I s-sleep with you,t-tonight?"

There's silence.

...

"Uh..I-I mean-"

"HAH?!"Daehyun can't help but to laugh at that."Oi,what's wrong with you today,huh?"

Hearing the laugh and getting that kind of expression from the older,make her blood boil as her face flush in red until to her ears.She groan."Never mind that!I'm going!"She huff and stomp back to her room,but only to feel her pace halt as there's a strong grip on her wrist.

"Don't go."

"E-eh?"She turn back,and somehow the older have an unreadable expresion on his face for a split second,something she don't know the meaning of it,before there's a soft smile appear on his face.


"You can."

"U-um..e-eh?!r-really?"

"What?you don't want?"He raise an eyebrow."It's okay,if you don't want."He let go of the girl's wrist."I'm just gonna back to my room then."

"W-wait,nii-san!"She blush."I will accept it."She stay quiet for awhile,making the older turn to blush."L-let me just t-take my pillow first,then.."As she turn around wanting to go back to her room to take her pillow,Daehyun hold her wrist again.

"Don't worry about that.I-I have extra pillow for you."

They both stay quiet,didn't know how to react at this particular moment,until they both heard someone stomach rumbling.To this,Min Ah face is red as a tomatoes as there's heard a laugh coming out from her brother.She hold her stomach,trying to make it stop rumbling but it just no use.

"You really are hungry after all,eh?"

"S-shut up!"

Daehyun just smile at this sight.His sister sure is cute.He walk pass her and ruffle her hair as he pass and say,"I guess I have to make a snack.So,come on.Help me."He walk towards the stairs.

"Ugh,nii-san!"She groan,but follow her brother nonetheless.But still,she can't get out the curiousty in her head.What make her brother collapsed,and as though as he's choked on something.

As soon as they're in the kitchen,Daehyun automatically walk towards the refrigerator and start rummage for something in there while Min Ah take a seat on the stool at the kitchen counter.

"Nii-san,what are you making?"

"A french toast.Is it okay with you?"

"Yeah.It sounds delicious."

"Of course it is.Just see who's making it."He close the refrigerator"s door and turn to look at the younger with a smirk,before he proceed towards the sink-cabinet and take two plates and place it on the kitchen counter,not the one where Min Ah's at.He then walk towards the other cabinet,dry foods cabinet,and take the bread,then go towards the sink counter and take a knife as well as a fork and  go back to where he put all the ingredients at."Oh,Min-chan,can you please get me the cutting board?"

"Eh?Sure."She get up from the stool and head to where the cutting board is and give it to the older."Here."

"Thanks."He send a smile across his face as he move to wash the eggs,some coriander and some onions."You can go back and sit there quietly.I'll make it in no time."

"Okay."She turn,but then before she go she say,"Dae nii,please be careful holding the knive."

"What?"He turn towards the girl and raise an eyebrow.He let out a chuckle."Are you trying to advice me now?don't you remember I'm the one who's always cook for you since little?"He shook his head and go back to the cutting board and start chopping the coriander and onions.

"I know.Otousan and okasan always not at home and you're the only one who's always taking care of me."She pause,looking down on the floor."I'm sorry,Dae nii-san."

"Don't be sorry about that,Min Ah.I'm your brother,isn't?"

"...."

"Don't think about that."He take the pan and start the stove on."I like taking care of you,so don't think about it very much."

"but..-"

"No,enough."He sigh."Please,Min-chan.."He pause for a while."..I love you so much."He waited for the younger to retort something,but it never happen.He turn back his full attention towards his cooking,while trying to ignore the furios heartbeat of his heart.


♦---♦

(The Next Day)

Daehyun open his eyes as he heard the buzzing of his phone beside him.His hand roam beside his pillow,before he take a hold of it.He unlock it and turn off the 7:10 a.m alarm.He close back his eyes as he grunt.He still feel tired for some reason.And the fact that the sudden memories gush in yesterday,making him choke out of breath,really is taking his toll.But then,the sudden slight movement beside him snap his eyes open back.He turn towards his right side,and there's seen his sister sleeping figure.He smile softly at the sight.He reach his hand out,only to caress the long black hair,before it make its way to the cheeks.

"It's so soft..."He look at the girl dreamly as his hand move downward to her lips.His fingers lingering there for a moment,staring at the two pink-red line.

Upon realising what he's doing,his eyes widen as he sit up,shooking his head."What am I thinking?!" 

"Dae nii-san?"The girl crack open one of her eyes and rub on it."You're already wake up?"She pout."What time is it?"

He can't help but to froze upon hearing the girl's voice."I-it's 7:10 a.m.""Eh?it's still early.."She whine and toss around,closing her eyes,burying her face onto the pillow where the older sleep the whole night.She smile in contented."It smells like Dae nii-san.."


He gulp,not saying anything.It will be a lie if he said he can sleep comfortably last night.In fact,it's the total opposite.So he thinks,that's maybe the reason as to why he feel tired this morning despite he did sleep last night.His face turn flush red.He try to think of something,something that can make him calm down,but nothing come to his mind.He clear up his throat."U-uh..I'm going to prepare us a breakfast then.."

"Eh?"The girl roll back a bit,opening her eyes and looking at the older."It's still too early,nii-san."She yawn,and as she's about to take a nap again,her eyes widen upon something."Breakfast?you're making a breakfast?!"

"Yeah.L-like usual."

"No!"She abruptly sit up,making the older startled."You just collapsed yesterday!I can't let you do that!"

Hearing this,the older sigh in frustration.Now his sister become paranoid again."Min Ah,I just cook for you last night-"

"That's different!"

"No.Look,I'm-"

"It's different,nii-san!"

"What different?!"He can't help but to raise his voice a bit.It's becoming too frustrating on him too.He groan and stand up from his bed."You just continue sleep back.I'll-"

"Let me go with you then."Her eyes throw a dagger at him,as she remove the blanket and get up from the bed."I'll help you."

The older can't help but to just sigh as he walk out from the room."Suits yourself then."



♦---♦

"Thanks for the foods."

"Now,go and grab your school bag!It's already late!It's 8:08 a.m already!"Daehyun shush Min Ah as he pick up all the dishes from the table and put in it the sink."I told you already,you didn't have to help me!"

"I don't care.You're more important to me than school,Dae nii.Just so you know."Min Ah hiss as she too,help her brother carry the used dishes towards the sink."I can wash this.Nii-san,you better get ready too."

"What?"

She turn to look at the older beside him."Don't you have work today?"

"Ah..ah.Yeah."He smile sheepishly,half forgoting that he also have to get ready to go to work.Since their parents is not here,he will be the one who will lead and take care of their parents company,their branch here while the were away.It's not like there's no higher boss to take care of it,there is,but now there's no since that boss cause some problems.In the mean time they're looking for someone for that job,Daehyun will be the one hold onto that position.Their parents already said it to him from the start.

"You forget about it,nii-san?"She sigh."Well,why don't you just take a day off today?"

​"No,thank you.Otousan and okasan already told me to take care of their branch here while they sort something."

There's silence as they eventually do the dishes together.Min Ah wash it,while Daehyun rinse it and place it on the plates and cups rack.Only five minutes later,they both got out from the house and go to their own destination as they bid a farewell in front of their house,with Daehyun ruffling the younger hair,while the younger peck him on one of the cheek,making the older between of them blush.



♦---♦-

"What's taking you so long?"Myungsoo hiss as he see the short girl figure running towards him.

"S-sorry."Min Ah try to catch up back with her breath.

"Do you even know we have only ten minutes before the bell rings?"

"I'm sorry!"She pout."I did said sorry,okay?"

The boy can't help but to just sigh as he start walking towards their school,making the girl groan,probably still tired from her run before and now she still need to walk back.Thank goodness that they have to wear their PE attire,since today and tomorrow will be the time for the clean up from the school's carnival.They had promise last night that from now on,the boy will wait for her at the huge tree growing in the middle of the park,on which they have to walk across it to reach their school.Well,it mostly like,the boy had make her to promised him.

"Faster your pace up.We only have ten minutes."

"I know,I know!"She pout cutely,trying to catch up with the other pace,wanting they to walk side by side."Such a jerk.."

Eventhough he did not see that pout,but he know that the girl is pounting on him.He just chuckle softly,making sure the girl didn't hear him.As he see the girl's figure invade his sight from the corner of his eyes,he smile.The girl is indeed cute.He smile.

"What are you smiling at?"

"You."

"Hah,you enjoying this,aren't you?!"

"Yes,I am."He turn to his left side and smirk."Why?isn't amusing to see you like this?"

"You know what?I don't know how in the world that I can accept to be your girlfriend!I think I might lost my mind back then!"She huff,totally mad at the other.

"Because I'm handsome."The girl look at him with agape.He let out a laugh."She's sure is cute.Too cute."He look at the girl and reach out to her hand,holding it,making the girl blush furiously.He pull the girl to his right,so that the girl walk on the safe side of the road,while he take the girl previous place.Even when they already change their position,he didn't let go of the girl's hand.Instead he keep it in his hold's securely.

Min Ah sure her face is beyond than red right now.She can't even open to say something.It's just so embarrassing for them to act like this.But then again,she didn't hate it.She likes it.No,maybe she even love it.She can't help but to smile.

"You're sweating,you know?"Myungsoo scoff as he use his other free hand to wipe the girl's dripping sweat on the side of her forehead using his shirt sleeve.It is possible,since he had ordered a long sleve PE shirt,instead of the normal one,since he hate to be exposed to the sun.

Again,she feel the hot surfing on her cheeks as she also feel that her ears slowly turns red."L-L,what a-are you d-doing-"

"Call me Myungsoo."

"E-eh,w-what?"She stutered.She turn to her left and stare at the boy's eyes,which she can see her face reflect clearly in the other's brown orbs.

"I know you heard me."He sigh as he pull back his hand from the girl."I..."He blush."..only you."

"..h-huh?"

"What I mean is.."He stop,making the girl stop too,looking at him in total confuse."..you're the only one I allowed to call me by that."

"O-only me?"She raise her eyebfrom rows."You..."Before she can even finish her sentences,the boy start walking back."Hey,wait for me!"She smile secretly watching how the boy acting when he's around her.He really is a different person from who she use to encounter before."Hey,Myungsoo!"She run and grab the boy's bag,making the boy stumble back.

"What are you doing?!I can fall down from it,you know?!"He glare,but the girl only stick out her tongue at him."Damn that cuteness.."He tsk-ed as he regain back his balance.Before he can hold the girl's hand,there's a voice breaking their sweet time.To him,he know too well who does that voice belong to.Unconsciously his hands ball up to a tight fist as his eyes tirn to a very ver very very cold eyes.He don't know how in the world that he can still remember 
that voice even though years already passed.

Feeling the sudden cold air arround her and how the boy suddenly turn quiet,Min Ah furrow her eyebrows as she hold onto his right arm."Myungsoo?what's wrong?you okay?"She ask with a worried tone.She look to where did the boy look at and her eyes widen.

"I thought I'm the only one can call you that?"That voice sound somehow irrirated and anger ca be heard in it too.

"What do you want?what are you doing here?"

"Oppa,what is this?I thought I'm the-"

"Shut up,Jiae."


"Who is this girl?"Min Ah can't help but to feel a bit,just a bit scared towards the girl standing in front of them.She somehow let out a dangerous aura."..but her voice.."












---

A/N:So,uh...I...I'm sorry!*bowI said I'll update this story when I'd finished my exam,but I didn't.I'm really sorry.Tbh,I'm running out of ideas.I didn't know what to write.I feel like I want to discontinue this fic at some point,but when I look back I've write this far,so I continue.But then again,I keep on negleting it.I'm sorry.So,I might want to have an co-author to help me by giving me ideas.Anyone interested?you also can message me,or do you want only me to do it?.. Anyway,please leave some comments!!and thanks to my new subscribers for subscribing this story.And thanks to my old subscribers for still sticking up with me.Thank you very much.