Chapter 9

BE WITH YOU

 

 

Chapter 9

 

 

Days elapsed and time raises so fast unknown to So Eun. There has been no problem with her work so far though she has to face Junho they wouldn’t meet as often unless needed. At times, she couldn’t help but pent-up.

 

 

Another normal day has come except for So Eun who has always considered one as dreadful. Difficult as it is, she still have to tussle with it every day.

 

 

She was working busily inside her office when she felt her stomach grumble.

 

“I just need a coffee break.” So Eun thought to herself with a smug smile and made her way out to the office.

 

 

When the elevator opened, she was surprised to see the person who was standing in front. That was Ji Eun, one of her best friends.

 

 

“Omo! So Eun-ah!” Ji Eun’s jaw almost dropped.

 

 

“Ji Eun!” she stepped out of the elevator and gave her friend at tight hug.

 

 

A beam was painted on their faces. “Wait!” Ji Eun let go off her and asked, “When did you come back? And what are you doing here?”

 

 

“I’m working here as a designer and been here for almost a month.” She explained.

 

 

“So, that Jang Wooyoung didn’t inform me about you working here.” Ji Eun mumbled.

 

 

So Eun only heard the name that came out of her friend’s mouth and scrunched her forehead. “Why are you here anyway?” she asked but Ji Eun didn’t hear her as she turned her head to Wooyoung’s direction that was walking his way to the elevator where they were standing.

 

 

“Babe, should we go for a lunch date now?” Wooyoung asked her and pressed his lips on Ji Eun’s forehead.

 

 

So Eun raised a brow, still confused while Ji Eun smacked Wooyoung’s chest lightly and said, “I’m not eating with you today. How could you not tell me that So Eun came and was working here with you guys?”

 

 

Wooyoung chuckled, “I was planning to, but it slipped my mind.” He reasoned out while they were walking to the lobby and continued, “If you want, you can have lunch together.”

 

 

“What about you?” So Eun worriedly asked.

 

 

“Don’t worry about him we have a lot of catching to do. Let’s go!” she pulled her friend and stick out her tongue to Wooyoung.

 

 

“Ei babe, don’t be like that.”Wooyoung pouted but she ignored him and walked out. “It’s ok! I’ll just wait for them. Enjoy!” he yelled to be heard before they’re gone.

 

 

--

 

BISTRO

 

 

Min and Suzy were already at the coffee shop after receiving a call from Ji Eun. As soon as Ji Eun and So Eun arrived they couldn’t restrain their selves from happiness after seeing her. They ordered some drinks and slices of strawberry cheesecake, their all time favorite and started catching up with each other’s lives.

 

 

Suzy finished her degree in Fine Arts and has her own gallery now while Min is planning to run her own restaurant.

 

 

And its So Eun’s turn to share what happened to her.

 

 

“You didn’t let us know that they’re leaving, even Junho didn’t know. What really happened to you in the past six years?” Ji Eun asked while sipping at her coffee.

 

 

She took a deep breath before answering. “I went to New York and took up fashion designing to continue pursuing my dreams. My love and passion for designing spurred me though it wasn’t written on my plans.” She explained.

 

 

“But how could you not keep in contact? You didn’t even call us nor tell us where you were the whole time.” Suzy said with a stern look.

 

 

“You told me that you’re working at 2PM Entertainment, right? Have you met the rest of the guys especially…” Ji Eun paused for a second, “Especially Junho?”

 

 

Instead of answering So Eun munched on her sliced cake and leave the three girls clueless. A little, Ji Eun snapped her fingers and said, “I get it. You don’t need to explain.”

 

 

“So what really happened?” Min continued.

 

 

Everyone gazed at her curiously and waited for an explanation. She can’t penetrate at the situation and dig of a better hindrance.

 

 

So Eun smiled shortly, “I’ll let you know some other time. But for now, I still have loads of work to do. I need to get back to my office or else…” she checked on her wrist watch and picked up her shoulder bag.

 

 

“So Eun-ah, you owe us big time!” Suzy hissed.

 

 

“Well I guess, today won’t be the last day we’ll see each other.” So Eun stood up while clutching the bag on her right shoulder and faced Ji Eun, “Coming with me to see your BABE?” she teases her.

 

 

“Yeah, we have to discuss something.” Ji Eun responded shyly and stood up.

 

 

They left Min and Suzy at the bistro and headed back to the agency.

 

 

--

 

 

 

2PM Entertainment

 

 

Wooyoung was at the lobby, sitting prettily on the couch. He was obviously waiting for Ji Eun to get back. His face brightened up upon seeing his girl friend.

 

 

“Hey babe had a great time?” he stood up and drape his arm at Ji Eun’s waist.

 

 

“I’d better go.” So Eun interrupted the two and pointed out the elevator with her thumb.

 

 

“So Eun-ah, we have planned for a dinner tonight. WE hope you can come.” Wooyoung widened his smile.

 

 

“Ne. Remember, you owe us big time? The girls will be there too. You can’t miss it because if you do, I won’t forgive you.” Ji Eun pouted.

 

 

She smiled cheekily, “No problem! Let’s exchange text messages. I have to go, see you later.” Tapping her friend’s arm she left right away.

 

Meeting her best friends again after a long time made her feel at ease. Wish she could tell them everything, but it wasn’t just that easy.

 

 

She was exhausted. Good thing her job excluded paper works. She sort of needs it only for drafting and the rest will be taken care of technology.

 

 

Although she has already finished working, So Eun stayed at her office to take a rest. The clock at her desk says five o’ clock in the afternoon. She felt her eyes dropping when suddenly her phone rings.

 

 

Ji Eun’s name appeared on the caller ID. “Oh, I almost forgot!” she blurted before taking the call.

 

 

“So Eun-ah, I’ll see you later. You should be there by seven o’ clock tonight.” Ji Eun warned her. Re assuring that she’d be come and join them for whatever it is that they planned.

 

 

“That’s a sure thing. Anyway, I’ll bring Key with me. I want you all girls to meet him.” She chuckled.

 

 

“That would be great! Eh, before I forgot, Minjun will pick you up same with Suzy and Min. You better gets ready.”

 

 

“No need, Key and I will just use my car.”

 

 

“I insist. See you!”

 

 

She sighed and didn’t protest “Okay. I’ll see you then.”

 

 

~

 

 

It was six thirty in the evening.

 

 

So Eun had already fixed herself for the night. And Minjun has returned from picking up her two girl friends just in time. She and Key waited for an hour and a half at the office.

 

 

Minjun opened is car’s window and poked out his head, “So Eun-ah, Key get in!”

 

 

The both nodded and hopped in.

 

 

As soon as they got in the car, So Eun introduced her friends to Key who was beside Minjun.

 

 

 

They went to Hongdae which was a bit too far from their office.

 

 

Seoul city is very inviting. And the night brightens out with its city lights plus the people who were crossing the streets. Unlike in New York, the city seemed so lonely. SO Eun enjoyed the sight.

 

 

Inside the car, the girls at the back keep on chatting and giggling. Minjun was singing along wih the music on his car’s stereo while Key remained silent.

 

 

“Okay, we’re here!” Minjun uttered with his Daegu accent. Everyone got off except for him who parked his car.

 

 

“A karaoke bar?” So Eun whispered to Suzy but got a grin as a response.

 

 

Together with Min and Key, Suzy made her way inside. She got shocked when Minjun ran into her and rubbed his knees as he catches his breath. “Let’s go! They must be waiting inside.” So Eun nodded and followed the Daegu boss.

 

 

Minjun was talking to her with his accent and made her laugh about it. They both laughed hardly on their way.

 

 

“Yo!” Minjun exclaimed as they enter the lounge.

 

 

So Eun’s smile fleeted after seeing who else was in there.

 

“Wooyoung was the one who invited you. No wonder, his friends were here. BABO” Key whispered behind her. He really knew her and even the things that were going through her mind. She elbowed Key and left him on a side to take a seat.

 

 

Happiness marked Ji Eun’s face as their friends gathered together. She has always been the timid type of girl though she has grown a bit becoming more matured than before.

 

 

With them was Wooyoung’s circle of friends. His forever buddies who happened to be his colleagues and their seniors, Kwon, Changmin, Jin Woon and Seul Ong were all set for a night party. Count the girls in with herself plus a new member named, Key. It’s now a bigger picture of what happened during the night after they graduated from secondary, six years ago. Unfortunately, a night might turn into a bum but only on her part.

 

 

 

“So I guess everyone’s here. I want to take this opportunity spending time with you guys since ji Eun and I will be marrying soon.” Wooyoung professed while he stood.

 

 

So Eun’s eyes grew wider. Everyone clapped in gladness.

 

 

“We just want you guys to celebrate this night with us. I’m happy to announce that Ji Eun finally decided to settle down with me. We had arranged our wedding date with the help of my soon to be in-laws.” Wooyoung continued.

 

 

So Eun was clueless the whole time but now she has definitely understands everything.

 

 

“If it’s fine with you Ms. Kim, can you be the designer for our whole wedding entourage?” He asked So Eun.

 

 

“That would be great! I wouldn’t say no to my best friend.” Here comes her adorable smile with sparkling eyes. She glanced at Ji Eun who almost jumped out of excitement. “Just give me the exact details on how you want me to do it as soon as possible. Anyway, congratulations to the both of you!” she said happily.

 

 

“Omo! So Eun-ah, you’re such a pro.” Kwon commented after being stunned by So Eun.

 

 

“Everyone, I think we should consider this as a reunion.” Seul Ong exclaimed.

 

 

“Ahmmmmm! Yeah, this seems like the old days. You know…” the eldest Chang Min butted in.

 

 

“Done with the talking? Let’s start the celebration.” Nichkun cut Chang Min off before he could say a word that would be inappropriate for the night.

 

 

“I think so, too” Chansung added up.

 

 

So Eun became silent for a minute.

 

 

Kwon took the mic and sang to the tune of B.E.G’s Abracadabra matching his song with a hype dance moves that made them all laugh so hard.

 

 

Meanwhile, Junho, sitting beside Jin Woon was quietly laughing. Though he surely was enjoying the night, his eyes never leave So Eun except when Kwon’s doing his antics. He was staring at her who was sitting quietly beside the couple. Junho’s eyes squinted after seeing her gulped half of the beer on her glass.

 

 

“Junho-ya, why don’t you sing something for us?” Minjun distracted him as the mic was handed to him. At first, he didn’t want to but his buddies insisted so he took the microphone.

 

 

“Junho-ya, sing this” Chang Min pressed the number of the song and returned to his seat.

 

 

 

I CAN’T by Jun. K

 

 

He hissed after seeing the title. His ears turned hot red but started anyway.

 

 

~Even though you’ve left, I’ll wait for you

‘Cause I can’t forget your love

I start to cry when I think of you

I just don’t know what to do~

 

 

So Eun gazed at him and tossed down another half glass of beer.

 

 

~Memories coming to me

I can’t stop thinking about your love

I don’t think that I could forget

The love that we shared

Baby, if you come back to me

Know that I’ll always be there~

 

 

Junho glanced at So Eun who was now staring back at him. He felt embarrassed but continued singing with all his heart.

 

 

~I can’t forget your love

It’s something I can’t let go

If it means waiting, I’ll keep waiting

I can’t forget your love

I’ll wait ‘till you are in my arms again

Cause I can’t, I can’t forget your love~

 

~I just wanna be with you

I just wanna be with you~

 

 

Junho paused for a while and stared back at So Eun. Seeing her glinting eyes, he continued with the last line of the song, “~You know my heart baby~”

 

 

“Woooooo!” Taecyeon, Chansung and Chang Min all chanted in chorus.

 

 

Junho smirked at them and get back to his seat. That was quite awkward. He, singing I can’t in front of So Eun wasn’t a good idea but at least he lets his heart out for once. Then he saw her poured the glass with another can of beer. Key was beside her but he’s quite drunk to notice So Eun.

 

 

“Eh, I would like to sing this song for the future Mrs. Jang. Remember this babe?” Wooyoung winked at his fiancé who can’t help but blush.

 

 

Wooyoung began singing Be With You.

 

 

Junho swallowed hard when he heard the intro of the song and glanced at So Eun. Her face turns red and at one look, he could say that she was tipsy already. As the song goes, Junho sat beside her but didn’t say anything.

 

 

When she was about to drink another glass full of beer, he grabbed her wrist to stop her. So Eun didn’t notice that he was beside her until she was stopped to drink.

 

 

She stared at him for a moment and took it back when the music’s gone. Junho let go of her hand and put down the glass for her. Another moment of silence between them rushed in.

 

 

As the night goes, while the others were having a blast, the two just sat there and didn’t talk to each other.

 

 

“Young, it’s time for a kiss!” Nichkhun who was still sober tapped the chopstick on a glass to tease the couple.

 

 

Wooyoung rubbed his nape for once and kissed Ji Eun on her temple. The others who were quite drunk too gave applause.

 

So Eun sat there frozen. She couldn't make a move. She was sitting in between Ji Eun on her left and Junho at her right side. Her heart beats faster and she feels suffocated that Junho was sitting next to her. 

 

 

And their night ended. Nichkhun, Minjun and Wooyoung were sober while the rest were drunk. Key was slumped on his seat in drunkness and was already sleeping. Suzy and Min fell asleep too. Taecyeon, Seul Ong, Chansung, Changmin and Jin Woon were still up but couldn't help theirselves out in dizziness. 

 

 

Junho who only had two shots chuckled at the sight.

 

 

"Young, take care of the girls. Khun and I will drive the rest back home." Minjun said. 

 

 

"Okay." Wooyoung agreed. "Babe, why don't you take So Eun to our car? We'll take care of the rest." he said.

 

 

"No. I'll take her home." Junho opposed. "I'll send her and Key home." he clarified.

 

 

The three nodded in agreement.

 

 

"It's ok. You don't have to. I'll just let Minjun drives us back to the company so I can get my car. Wooyoung, just go send the girls home safely." So Eun protested.

 

 

Wooyoung followed what she said and left. Minjun and Nichkun went back and forth to get those drunken people in order to bring them on their cars.

 

 

So Eun tried to stand up but lost her balance because of dizziness. Junho saw it so he held onto her elbow. 

 

 

She sat back, ignored it and said, "Thanks but I'm fine. You can go home now. I'll just wait for Minjun to get back in and we'll carry Key out of here."

 

 

Junho scrunched his forehead in disbelief. "You almost lost your balance and you want me to believe that you can still drive?"

 

 

"Well, Minjun could." she stubbornly answered.

 

 

"I'll send you two back home. I insist." Then Minjun came back. "You can go now, Hyeong. I'll drive them home. Just carry Key out to my car." 

 

 

Minjun followed as he said. He didn't oppose on what Junho wanted because they all knew the situation.

 

 

"Okay. I won't let this happen next time, so I won't trouble you for driving us home." So Eun said with a retched voice while getting up.

 

 

Junho didn't mind what she said. He took her bag to clutch on his shoulder then helped her to stand up but So Eun refused. 

 

 

However, inspite of her stubbornness, he still walked behind her to make sure she won't trip. Her right palm was on her head while walking out clumsily.

 

 

Junho opened the car door for So Eun and waited for her to get in. Key was sleeping soundly at the back seat of Junho's car. Then he opened the driver's seat and got in. 

 

 

He glanced at So Eun who was leaning on the head rest with her eyes closed. Before starting the engine, he noticed that she still hasn't buckled up her seat belt.

 

 

He budged towards her as he reached for the seat belt but So Eun felt him moved and opened her eyes only to see Junho's face inches away from hers.  

 

 

Junho heard how she held her breath in so he hurriedly buckled up the seat belt and returned to his seat.

 

 

So Eun closed her eyes again when she couldn't fight the drowsiness. Junho then started the engine and drove off.

 

 

Key and So Eun were both sleeping now and the atmosphere inside the car stayed silent except for the noise coming from the engine.

 

 

It was a long drive for Junho. He was kind of sleepy that every minute he would yawn. They arrived at the Kim's residence at past twelve in the evening.
 

~~~


KIM'S RESIDENCE
 


Before waking the two passengers up, he glared at the house in front of him. It's been a long time since he saw it. It's been a long time since he stepped in that house. When he got back from Japan and found out that So Eun had left for States, he resided to a condo unit near the agency. 

 

 

He sighed and looked at the sleeping woman beside him in dazed. Her head was slightly slanted at his direction with her arms clasped together at her stomach.

 

 

Junho unconsciously smiled at the sight before his eyes. He remembered that it was already late so he woke her up, "So Eun-ah.." he softly whispered. But she was in deep slumber.

 

 

He straightens her head and carefully leaned it back to the head rest. Junho tried not to wake her up but she opened her eyes sleepily and asked, "Where are we?"

 

 

"In front of your house" Junho lowered his voice.

 

 

So Eun only realized that she fell asleep when he said where they at. She unbuckled her seat belt and said, "Sorry I fell asleep. Anyway, thank you for bringing us home." 

 

 

She opened the car and got off. Junho was eager and he ran into the other side but was a little late because So Eun was already outside the car. 

 

 

"Since when did you learn drinking?" he asked. 

 

 

She rolled her eyes and motioned to open the back door of the car where Key was still sleeping. But Junho pushed the door to close it again and trapped her with his left arm. Then So Eun went the other way but he blocked her again with his right arm.

 

 

So Eun was leaning at the car and was cornered in between his arms. He looked straight at her eyes and so she did.

 

 

"Is that what you learned when you were still in New York?" he asked.

 

 

"People change. Things change." she smartly answered.

 

 

They stayed in that position though she wanted to escape. She couldn't do a thing. 

 

 

"Yes, I see. You've changed a lot. Well, people once said that when a person leaves, it is never exactly the same when they come back." he continued, "How many guys have you dated since you left?" he retorted.

 

 

"It's none of your business." she said. 

 

 

"Yeah right, why would I care?" Junho scoffed.

 

 

"Lee Junho, I don't have the strength to fight with you. Please get your hands off." So Eun stared at him. 

 

 

Her sparkling eyes and scarlet cheeks were seen under the moon light that made his heart skipped a beat. 

 

 

"But you've always been so beautiful, Sunshine." he murmured and traced her face with his eyes.

 

 

He moved his face closely to her face and tilted his head, motioning to kiss her. So Eun leaned back more, she has no escape. They were face to face. Even an air would find no way to interrupt them. His gaze met hers. One more move and their lips would touch. 

 

 

Not until Key, who just woke up knocked from the inside. Junho parted his face from hers and stand aside. So Eun sighed in relief.

 

 

She moved out of the door and Key came out of the car. He was totally drunk. So Eun wrapped her arm around Key and placed her friend's arm over her shoulder and walked until the front gate.

 

 

Junho offered to help her but she refused. " I'm fine. You can go now. Key isn't as heavy as what you think. Again, thank you." she fobbed off.

 

 

He just stared at her and didn't respond. Then he turned to his car and get in. He shut the door and drove off.

 

--

 

Along the way, he suddenly stepped his foot on the break and stopped in the middle of the road. It's midnight and there weren't much of cars and buses that are passing.

 

 

Junho stopped. After burying himself in deep thoughts he smacked the steering wheel in anger. 

 

 

"What were you thinking, idiot?" He said in a fury. But his eyes formed tears he wasn't expecting. When was the last time he cried for her? 

 

 

He bumped his head on the head rest for about three times and told himself, "I know this wasn't supposed to be this way and I shouldn't be like this. We were estranged and I think that would never change."

 

 

He closed his eyes for a moment to unwind somehow. Then, he drove off again.

 

 

Junho got home with a heavy heart. To clear his mind, he took a shower.

 

 

On his bed, he could still think about it. He dragged his self out of the bed and opened his drawer. 

 

 

There was a bracelet. The bracelet he gave to So Eun way back. He went back to his bed and kept staring at it until he fell asleep.
 


--
 


KIM'S RESIDENCE

 

So Eun was tipsy and even helped Key to get in their house. After settling Key in his bedroom, she took a shower and made a cup of coffee.

 

She was really dead tired and all but couldn't sleep yet. 
Random thoughts were running on her mind. Was it really fate that brought her close to him? 


 

 

She didn't miss to hear when he uttered the endearment that he used to call her. She misses hearing it from him. It made her happy but at the same time she thought that it might be a slipped of the tongue.

 

 

So Eun didn't finish off her coffee and went upstairs to check Yun Jae before going to her bedroom.

 

 

The kid was sleeping soundly. His blanket was removed so she fixed it and covered him carefully, not to wake him up.

 

 

She sat beside him and stared at him. She then remembered what happened a while ago.
 


"How many guys have you dated since you left?" those words echoed in her ears over and over again.
 


"I never had a man in my life aside from you, Lee Junho." she whispered, "And this kid." So Eun caressed her son's head.



"I'm sorry honey. I know how much you wanted to meet your father and have a normal family, but you couldn't have one because I couldn't give it. No matter how much I wanted to give you that happiness, I just couldn't. Mom is so scared that things might just get worse. I'm afraid that if your father finds out about you, he'll keep you away from me. However, no matter how much I try to deny, no matter how much I hide, I would always end up longing for him. Sometimes, I wonder, if your father feels the same then things between us will be the same as before. But it's not really easy. And that night when you asked if I still love your father? I thought about it a hundred times. Yes, I still love him. From the moment I saw him again, it was instant. I have loved him and I always will." she sobbed. "One day, when I find the courage, I'll tell you everything about him. I love you, honey." 

 

So Eun wiped her tears away and decided to sleep with Yun Jae that night. She hugged him tight.

 

~~~

 

A/N: Finally, I was able to update. How was the update?

 

Just a little note, I used Jun K. as the singer of I Can't for I cannot use 2PM. Sorry for that.

 

Comments are appreciated. Thanks everyone!