Chapter 15

BE WITH YOU

 

A/N: New chapter for you. Enjoy!

 

Note: Red texts are conversation in English.

 

 

 

 

Chapter 15

 

 

 

 

SATURDAY MORNING

 

While everyone else was still sleeping, So Eun prepared the breakfast. As she fixed the loaves, hotdogs, ham and eggrolls over the table, Key suddenly appeared. Yawning and rubbing his head, he asked ''American style? Is that for me? That's too much...''

 

 

He took one hotdog but So Eun tapped his hand in annoyance, ''YA! Soo Hyun oppa's here remember?''

 

 

Key yawns again while getting a cup, ''Oh! I forgot. Am I that drunk last night?'' he asked, totally confused.

 

 

So Eun just rolled her eyes, ''What's new about that? Anyway, I'll just wake Oppa up so we can have our breakfast.'' She left Key.

 

 

So Eun went over the visitor's room but before she could open the door, Soo Hyun has already opened it causing her to startle ''Good morning!'' he greeted her with a warm smile.

 

 

''Oh! Good morning. I was about to wake you up for breakfast. But you're just in time.'' she smiled while the guy checked his wrist watch.

 

 

''Okay! Let's go.'' he drape his arm over her shoulders and they both bustled to the dining area.

 

 

''Good morning!'' Soo Hyun greeted Key who's already seated in front of the table.

 

 

After he sips on his coffee, Key waved at him, ''Oh hello, opp- hyeong! Nice to see you again...'' he almost choked on his own words.

 

 

''Yeah... It's been a while. What time did you get home?'' Soo Hyun wondered as he and So Eun settled theirselves. He took a piece of hotdog and a slice of bread while So Eun has been busy making a coffee.

 

 

Key chuckled, ''I don't remember what time. But I remember Wooyoung and Ji Eun dropped me here.'' he continued gobbling on his food.

 

 

So Eun shook her head and turned to the guy accross her.

 

 

''So, how was your first night here after shortly meeting my friends?'' she grinned and continued, ''Did you have a good sleep?''

 

 

He stopped from chewing and answered, ''Yes. I had a good sleep, thanks to the mattress. About meeting your friends, the truth is I want to get to know them more...'' his eyes turned to his food and his lips curved into a wide smile.

 

 

Key secretly nudged So Eun and keeps on pointing Soo Hyun with his lips. Then he whispered, ''Why is he smiling like that?''

 

 

She just shrugged her shoulders and again, she turned to Soo Hyun, ''Oppa, let's pick Yun Jae up. The LEE'S residence is just few blocks away from here.'' she interrupted him who seems to be losing his concentration on the food at the moment.

 

 

He turned his gaze back to So Eun a little embarrassed and uttered ''Okay.''

 

 

Continuing on with their food, So Eun heard her phone rings. She excused herself then stood up to get it on top of the counter.

 

 

Seeing the name Mr. Lee on the caller ID, she wondered what does he need that early morning. ''Hello?''

 

~

 

Together with his Halmoni, Harebeoji and Appa, Yun Jae eats happily.

 

 

''Appa, what are we going to do after this?'' he asked his father. Mr. and Mrs. Lee just stared at them.

 

 

''I'll bring you to your Eomma. So you could play with your uncle.'' Junho patted him on his head.

 

 

Yun Jae beamed his eye smile flashes and continued on his food. He made them all happy especially Mrs. Lee. Seconds later, he crinkled his forehead and pouted, ''What about you, Appa? Aren't you going to play with me and Uncle?''

 

 

Junho mimic his son's expression, ''I guess not today, son... Appa have loads of work.''

 

 

''Appa...'' he pouted, ''You promised me before that we can play anytime.'' Yun Jae frowned. His father just chortled at his cleverness.

 

 

''Junho-yah, you can take a break.'' Mrs. Lee butted in and turned to Yun Jae, ''Aigo, don't frown my little boy. Appa's going to play with you.'' she faced Yun Jae who's sitting beside Junho and again, he turned to her son, ''Hurry up son; tell So Eun that you'll be the one to drop our Yun Jae. She might come today.'' then continued eating.

 

 

Junho asked Ms. Choi to give Yun Jae a bath and prepare his things so that after he's done with himself, they'll leave immediately.

 

 

He went up to his room and grabbed his phone over the desk then quickly dialled it to So Eun's number. After three rings, the other line answered his call and softly said, ''Hello?''

 

 

Unknown to him, he smiled and started speaking, ''Hello? So Eun ah...'' he dropped down the formality intentionally and called her by the name.

 

 

''Yes, Mr. Lee, what made you call this early?'' the other line asked formally.

 

 

''Uh... I have one favor before I tell you why I called this morning.'' Junho changed his tone to his usual boss-like one but is smiling.

 

 

''Anything, Mr. Lee.'' she shortly responded.

 

 

''So Eun-ah, stop calling me Mr. Lee if we're outside the agency.'' Junho stated.

 

 

He heard the person from the other line sighed, ''Is that a favor or an order, Mr. Lee?'' she asked more in an annoyed voice.

 

 

For a while, he put the phone away from his mouth and chuckled. ''A favor. Please? Just outside the office and for the sake of our son.'' he pleaded this time.

 

 

''So what made you call, Junho-ssi?'' at the sound of his name, his heart ticked. By the way she called him, she made it sound special.

 

 

''Junho?'' So Eun on the other line cut off his wandering thoughts, ''Junho-ssi? Are you still there?''

 

 

''Uh... Yes, yes. I just want to tell you that I'll be sending Yun Jae at your house.'' he stated, his voice turned nicer.

 

 

''Yun Jae's with you? Did he sleep at your pad?'' she asked a little confused.

 

 

Junho smiled and explained calmly, ''No. We both slept at Eomma and Appa's house. I went home last night with them.''

 

 

''Ah, I see. Okay. We'll wait for you then. Bye,'' she already bid her goodbye when she spoke again, ''Wait...''

 

 

''Why?'' Junho wondered.

 

 

''I hope we could talk later. That's all. Bye.'' then she ended the call.

 

 

Before he could bid his goodbye, So Eun has dropped the call already. ''Junho-ssi...'' he recalled her soft voice. ''I like the way you say my name...'' he mumbled, his eye smile lit up.

 

 

Putting back his phone, Junho bustled into the bathroom.

 

--

 

 

''Eomma, Appa, we're going now.'' Junho kissed Mrs. Lee on the forehead then turned to Mr. Lee who was carrying Yun Jae, so he could bid his goodbye.

 

 

''Goodbye, my little boy. We'll see you soon, right?'' Mrs. Lee kissed Yun Jae at the top of his head.

 

 

''Be a good boy.'' Mr. Lee kissed him on his temple.

 

 

Yun Jae kissed his grand parents back and exclaimed, ''Ne Halmoni, Harebeoji...''

 

 

Inside the car, Yun Jae bid his goodbye to his grand parents who were standing outside, looking so pleased, when Junho opened its window.

 

 

''Are you excited?'' he asked his son as he started driving. Yun Jae just nodded his head and stared outside.

 

 

But because their house is just few blocks away from the Kim's residence, they arrived only in minutes.

 

 

Junho helped Yun Jae got off the car while Ms. Choi brought his things. And they waited in front of the gate. As soon as it opens, the kid runs out of excitement and gushed inside their house.

 

 

He stood outside for a while and let Ms. Choi trailed after Yun Jae. Grabbing all his courage, he then went inside.

 

 

The sight of So Eun who's just wearing an off shoulder plain gray blouse and a knee length short jeans carrying Yun Jae, made his heart thump. Junho was somewhat excited and nervous though it wasn't the first time seeing her that way. But So Eun is more beautiful at her simplest.

 

 

Then the guy he was jealous of, during the night of his birthday came out in plain shirt and jeans.

 

 

''Annyeong hasseyo...'' he nervously greeted and bowed. So Eun looked as if she was surprised.

 

 

Soo Hyun was the one to greet him back. ''Annyeong hasseyo! We haven't been formally introduced to each other yet.. By the way, I'm Kim Soo Hyun. I was the guy with So Eun last night.'' he offered his hand.

 

 

''Yes, I remember. I'm sorry about last night,'' Junho paused and darted his gaze to So Eun. ''I suddenly didn't feel well. I'm Yun Jae's father, Lee Junho.'' he grabbed Soo Hyun's waiting hand and shook it.

 

 

''Nice to finally meet you. Let's have a talk first.'' Soo Hyun said in a formal but cool way as he lets go of his hand. Then they sat down on the sofa. He watched the kid who's now talking with his Eomma.

 

 

Junho saw Yun Jae raised his right hand, motioning a promise sign. He smiled at it.

 

 

''He looked just like you...'' the man beside him stated.

 

 

Junho who's still looking at the mother and child answered shortly, ''They say so...''

 

 

Upon watching his son, Soo Hyun continued to talk in a serious way. ''I've known that kid ever since he was born. I remembered how Auntie wanted me to watch after them. She wanted me to take care of them but I couldn't because of work. Fortunately, Ms. Choi was with them, and Key of course...''

 

 

Junho turned to face Soo Hyun and crinkled his forehead as he continued listening to his short story telling.

 

 

''When he grew up a little, I didn't expect that he'd be this smart. One time, I was surprised. He asked me if I have met his father and if I know where he is... I mean you... Where do you live? And the only thing I could tell him is he needs to grow more and when the right time comes, his Eomma will tell him everything.'' Soo Hyun paused and glances to Yun Jae and back to Junho. ''He's lucky he finally met his Appa.''

 

Junho blinked and just bowed his head for a while. Then he muttered, ''I wish I knew back then. Maybe he doesn't need to go through those hardships. Just like his Eomma.''

 

 

''Appa! Uncle!'' Yun Jae interrupted them, ''Let's play...'' he squealed.

 

 

''Alright!'' Soo Hyun answered Yun Jae excitedly and turned back to him. He patted his shoulders, ''Second chances matter, dude.''

 

 

Junho nodded and thanked him, and then the other person stood up and left with Yun Jae.

 

***

 

 

Just when the two left, So Eun walked towards and sat on the couch accross him. Her hands placed over her lap. He saw how some strands of hair slide down on her cheek when she lowered her head. ''Mr. Lee...'' So Eun bit her lips and lifted her head up to look at him, ''I mean, Junho-ya.''

 

 

''What is it that we need to talk about?'' He met his gaze with her.

 

 

''Last time, I handed you the designs I made for JJ Project. I already called Mr. Park and informed him that my staffs in New York have started working on it, so I guess it will be finished in a month.''

 

 

Junho just lends his ears while she continued explaining, ''You know Wooyoung and Ji Eun's wedding is three months away and we all know that I'm in charge for the whole entourage. Therefore, I will be very busy. And, Ms. Choi asked for a leave. So, If you don't mind and if it's fine with you, will you take care of our son for the mean time?''

 

 

He smiled, ''I would be glad to. Honestly, you don't need to ask me to do that. Yun Jae's my son. He's my responsibility. So, don't worry.''

 

 

The lady smiled shortly, ''I'm afraid this would be the first time you'd spend time with him. Don't worry, I'll still be checking him. I'll try to call as often as needed. And if you need anything or something, for Yun Jae, just make a call. '' She worriedly uttered.

 

 

''Please take care of him very well.'' she pleaded. Her words waiting for assurance.

 

 

''I can promise you that. I'm glad that you're trusting him to me now.'' Junho assured her. His words were strong enough to make her feel at ease. His eyes full of sincerity.

 

 

So Eun stood up, ''So... That would be all. Can I leave you here? I have important things to work on.''

 

 

He also stood up, ''Actually, I've got to go now...''

 

 

Walking towards the door, So Eun followed behind him, ''I'll pick Yun Jae early tomorrow. I just have to finish some business matters today. That will be quick. So, bye for now.'' he turned to face the girl behind him. Her smile lights up the mood.

 

 

She nodded, ''Okay. Bye and take care.''

 

**

 

It's been weeks since Yun Jae was with his Appa. And the beginning of a new month was So Eun being busy with the wedding entourage and for the JJ Project's outfits. Though she has staffs working on it, she has been a little stressed over working and of course, missing Yun Jae.

 

 

The first week were Junho calling her so she could talk to Yun Jae. At times, they'd meet on a cafe. Second week were just Junho and her talking over the phone. Either she would call to ask how the kid was doing or him, letting her know that Yun Jae's fine and that he plays and eats a lot. But of course, the little boy already misses her.

 

 

She had been very busy that she couldn't get to talk and visit Yun Jae so often.

 

--

 

''What would you like to eat for lunch?'' Key asked her after she talked to one of her staffs over the phone. Her head resting on her palm.

 

 

Sighing heavily, she just murmured, ''I want a caramel macchiato this time. And can you buy me a blueberry cheesecake? I need to eat sweets so badly...''

 

 

''Okay, okay! Just wait for me here. I'll be out in a while.'' Key hurriedly gushed out of the office to buy food and drinks for the both of them.

 

 

When Key left, So Eun rested her head over the desk and took a nap.

 

~

 

''Yun Jae-ah, what should we buy for your Eomma?'' Junho asked the little boy, seated at the back seat whilst driving. ''Aside from the Ho Ddok that your Halmoni made.''

 

 

''What's Ho Ddok, Appa?'' the kid innocently asked.

 

 

He smiled, ''A fried sweet roll with cinnamon and honey paste inside... It's your Halmoni's favorite. She asked you to bring some for your Eomma, right?''

 

''Ne, Appa.'' Yun Jae thinks deeply and squealed, ''Ah! Eomma loves to drink coffee. Let's buy her a cold one.''

 

 

''Let's buy her a lettuce rice wrap too. Since it's lunch time.'' Junho added up happily.

 

 

Along the way, after buying something for So Eun, Junho heard Yun Jae sings a nursery rhyme and intruded, ''You said you want to be a namja.''

 

 

The little boy stopped and poked his head in between the two front seats. His little eyes squinted, ''Ne, Appa. I wish to grow up like a real namja. Like you.''

 

 

''Then why are you singing a song for babies?'' Junho joked.

 

 

Yun Jae pouted, ''Eomma taught me that when I was still a baby.'' then his face lits up like as if he has a brilliant idea on mind. ''Appa, what about teaching me a namja song?''

 

 

Junho bit his lower lip, ''Namja song? Hmm...''

 

 

''Yeah! The one I could sing for Eomma…'' the little boy smiled at his father.

 

 

''That's a sure thing. I'll teach you when Appa's not busy at work too.'' Junho smiled whole heartedly. While he just nods and leaned back.

 

***

 

Arriving at 2PME, Junho helped his son get off the car. On his left hand is a paper bag with the food that Mrs. Lee prepared and what they had just bought. While Yun Jae's clinging on his right arm.

 

 

Miss Han stood up and bulged in front of Junho ''Annyeong haseyo, Mr. Lee.'' she then took notice of the little kid beside her boss. ''Oh! Hello there, Yun Jae-ah...''.

 

 

Yun Jae greeted Miss Han with a smile and bowed a little.

 

 

She offered a help but her boss strongly refuses and just asked, ''Where's Ms. Kim?''

 

 

Her lips made an o-shape as she slowly turns her head on the side and pointed the room across them, ''She's right inside. Should I give her a call, Mr. Lee?''

 

 

Junho shook his head shortly then Ms. Han glances at Yun Jae, smiling from ear to ear.

 

''Appa, let's get in. Eomma must be hungry.'' Yun Jae squealed. He looked really excited to visit his mother.

 

 

Junho's gaze darted from the kid, to his secretary whose eyes grew in wonder upon hearing what the kid had said, ''You can go back to your work now, Ms. Han.''

 

 

They left without waiting for Ms. Han to return to her desk and went straight at So Eun's office.

 

 

Entering the office, they were welcomed by So Eun who's in deep slumber. Her head rested with an arm over the desk.

 

 

Junho silently shut the door and signaled his son to approach his mother.

 

 

''Eomma...'' Yun Jae whispered at So Eun. But she didn't even move. He shrugged his shoulders at his Appa and seated on a couch.

 

 

Junho puts down the paper bag over the center table first then headed to where So Eun is.

 

 

His left hand landed at So Eun's shoulder, lowering his body to see her half covered face. Seeing only her slightly parted lips, pointed nose and that pinkish cheek, his smile widened. She's really adorable even at her sleep, he thought.

 

 

''So Eun-ah...'' he whispered, but she didn't even move. The third time he called up her name, So Eun slowly opened her eyes.

 

 

Flinching at the thought that he was drawn near her, So Eun straightened up her body to sit properly. ''Ah... Mr. Lee, I'm so--''

 

 

''Eomma!'' Yun Jae cuts her off before she could apologize. Finally, she noticed that Junho was with their son. Relieved. But her heart flutters at the same time. Their eyes interlocked for about a minute before she turned to the kid.

 

 

''Yun Jae honey!'' her lips curved instantly upon seeing the little boy she wasn't able to spend much time for the past weeks due to heavy works. ''Come here...'' she welcomed him with arms opened widely.

 

 

Yun Jae bustled infront of his mom and embraced her back while Junho stood aside and smiled at the scene.

 

 

''Honey, do you know that Mom misses you a lot?'' she kissed Yun Jae's forehead, cupping his face with her hands.

 

 

''I miss you more, Mom.'' Yun Jae eye smiled, ''And Dad too...'' he turned his head to his father.

 

 

Junho's eyes grew a little. Then he realized what his son had just said and rubbed his nape. ''Have you eaten?'' he asked looking embarrassed.

 

 

''Eomma asked us to bring you some of her home made Ho Ddok.'' he explained while walking near the center table. ''We bought you lettuce rice wrap and coffee too.''

 

Junho unpacked what's inside the paper bag and brought them out. One after another. ''You shouldn't have bothered...'' So Eun shyly muttered, ''Key went out to buy something for us.''

 

 

''It's alright. We can eat with you.'' Junho insisted turning to Yun Jae, ''Right, kiddo?''

 

 

The little boy nodded. ''Eomma, let's eat together just for now...'' he puppy eyed which made his mom chuckle. She pinched his nose and agreed to the idea, finally.

 

 

Meanwhile, as Junho busily settles their lunch, So Eun talks with Yun Jae about how their past weeks had gone without them spend it with each other so often. That she misses her son a lot. She asked him if he's sleeping well and what's the first thing he'd do upon waking up. She even explained how important her work is, and was so thankful that Yun Jae understands her.

 

 

Everything about their conversation was distinct to Junho's ears. It was a sweet moment. Dreaming that he could have been a part of it, his ears turned hot red.

 

 

''Honey, I hope you're not giving them a hard time taking care of you. Your Halmoni, Harebeoji and your Appa.'' she raised a brow.

 

 

Yun Jae shook his head in defense and looked at his father, ''Appa...''

 

 

Junho finished what he's doing and motioned Yun Jae to come towards him, ''No, he's not. In fact, Yun Jae lessens my stress.'' then they both settled on the couch. ''Let's have our lunch first'' he suggested.

 

 

So Eun was about to stand up from the swivel chair when Junho stopped her, ''So Eun-ah, stay there. I'll bring these to you.'' so she sat back and watched him took everything that she would love to have at the moment.

 

 

Just as soon as he walked towards her with a handful of something to eat on, the door opened. Key almost stopped from his tracks at the sight, looking surprised at first then made his way in, grinning. ''Annyeong haseyo, Mr. Lee'' he bowed and placed down the snacks and drinks he bought.

 

 

Junho greeted back then checked what Key had bought. ''She asked me to buy sweet. But I think I'll have these all by myself.'' Key shrugged his shoulders.

 

''No, we all can eat that together.'' Junho insisted as he placed the food over So Eun's desk. She tried to help him but he refused.

 

 

On the other hand, Yun Jae tasted some Ho Ddok, his grandma's specialty and liked it a lot. While Key raised a brow as he starts munching on his lunch. ''Mr. Lee, are you just going to watch Ms. Kim?'' clearing his throat as he continues, ''I mean us, eat?''

 

 

Junho turned his head at Key, embarrassed. ''Ah... Of course I'll eat...'' and went beside his son.

 

 

When in the midst of their lunch, So Eun scolded Yun Jae for having only some Ho Ddok and a slice of cake. ''Yun Jae, you don't want to listen to your Mom?'' she pursed her lips.

 

 

The little boy lowered his head and stared on the floor. ''Honey, what's wrong?'' she worriedly asked as she made her way towards them.

 

 

Junho tries to turn up the kid's mood but fails. It's the first time he saw his son like that. Sitting quietly and not on his usual, being talkative or sometimes just goofing around. He met eyes with So Eun, they both looked worried. ''Are you not feeling well?'' he placed a hand on Yun Jae's forehead yet his temperature was normal. ''What? Are you sick anywhere?''

 

Yun Jae shook his head. ''Mom, how long are you gonna be busy?'' his eyes looked extremely sad. ''Can't we be together while you're working?''

 

 

She bit her lips and blinked, ''You did miss Mom a lot, right?'' welcoming her son with a hug. ''It'll be soon. Then we can spend more time again. Is that good?'' the hug was warm to which Yun Jae cuddled more at his mother.

 

 

He looked up his Mom's face, ''I mean, you, me and Dad.'' the little boy waited for her response. She was a little surprised. How come he ended up with that thought? Was it because they were together for the mean time and that he doesn't want to be away from his father? Her heart felt pain.

 

 

Taking a heavy breath, she noticed how Junho stares at them. Surely he caught her looked anxious at Yun Jae's desire to be together not only with her. He wanted a complete family. The thing he wished for not long ago but always. She despises it.

 

Letting go from her son's grip, she smiled shortly. ''Honey, you know you'll always be my baby even when you're all grown up...'' she sighed, turning to Junho then facing the kid again, ''And when that time comes, I'm pretty sure you'll get to understand everything.''

 

 

Yun Jae's forehead crinkles while Junho's expression looked hurt.

 

 

She was sure that her statements were unclear but it just slipped off . Pain strikes. Here goes Yun Jae again, giving her fears.

 

Moment of silence filled the office. They remained like that until they finished their lunch and it felt awkward. Yun Jae quietly sits, still not saying a single word. His parents became more worried, especially his Appa. He knew before they got there, Yun Jae was really excited.

 

 

What So Eun had said almost killed his heart. But he's not going to give up only because of that. Not yet. ''You've been burying yourself at work...'' Junho batted an eye at her. ''Why don't you take half of this day off? Besides, Yun Jae wants to be with you...''

 

 

''But...'' So Eun was beaten by Key, ''Ne, Mr. Lee, she doesn't even have a proper sleep. She's been checking on our staffs every now and then at their work place like as if she doesn't trust them working without her. Then, she'd ask me to call our staffs at New York for JJ Project's outfit. Isn't it too stressing over working? Tsk tsk...'' Key gabbled on and rolled his eyes at the now pissed So Eun.

 

 

''Because WE have a deadline to catch on. I don't want to laze around and rush in the end.'' she rebuked, trying to make up with her son.

 

 

''Who says you'll be lazing around? Mr. Lee just wants you to take half this day off. Just for A DAY. You wouldn't want Yun Jae to sulk forever, would you?'' he kids, but pointed it right.

 

 

She chuckled bitterly and nodded, ''Alright, alright...'' upon hearing it, Yun Jae beams with that eye smile she missed for weeks. So she pinched him on the nose.

 

 

''Let me and your son send you home.'' Junho suggested as he cleans the mess over the two tables but she refuses and fobbed him off with her usual reason. Office stuffs and that Key would take her home with Yun Jae.

 

 

''Mr. Lee, you can take her home.'' Key butted, checking his wrist watch, ''I'll be up here for three more hours I think...''

 

 

So Eun mouthed him a YA, with eyes wide open. ''Are you sure?'' Junho assured if it's really fine then Key nodded.

 

 

***

 

 

After leaving the agency, Junho drove her home and reached by past two in the afternoon. The day was bright and a little breezy. By then, So Eun took the chance to get some sleep and promised Yun Jae that they'll hang out when she wakes up.

 

 

Rubbing her eyes as she woke up, So Eun checked the time at her wrist watch. ''Omo!'' it's already seven o'clock in the evening so she hurriedly got off the bed and went straight down stairs. There she found Junho who's resting his head at the back of their sofa with his eyes closed and one leg crossed over another. So Eun slowly took each last three steps, just staring at the sleeping man. With her walking slowly, it seems that Junho felt it and suddenly opens his eyes.

 

 

''Oh you're awake.'' he uttered as he sits properly.

 

 

Flinching, she smiled at him and nodded, ''Where's Yun Jae?'' her head turns from side to side, walking towards him.

 

 

''Up in his room.'' Junho stood up to meet her, ''He fell asleep after playing around.''

 

 

''Ah...'' her lips curved upward, ''What should I make for dinner?'' she asked while tucking some strands of hair behind her ear, heading to the kitchen.

 

 

''Anything. We'll definitely eat anything that you make.'' he slyly said, trailing behind her. ''So Eun-ah...'' he cooed as he stops in front of the counter, facing her, making her heart beats fast.

 

 

''Ne?'' she was busy preparing all the ingredients she needed for Carbonara, not to mention it as one of her and Yun Jae's favorite pasta.

 

 

''Can we talk?'' his tone became serious, with that deep manly voice of him.

 

 

So Eun moved from one place to another, preparing to cook. ''If it's about the outfits, don't worry, I'm working on it.'' she the built-in-oven over the counter and settled what she needs on top of it.

 

 

Junho fixed his eyes at her as she puts the pasta inside the pot of a boiling water, leaning his side on the edge of the counter with his elbow propped over it, his other hand tucked in the pocket behind his jeans, ''I knew that. And I hope you do know that I, we trust your work.'' he catch a breath, ''But, it's not what I want us to talk about.''

 

 

''Then what?'' she asked, totally serious at making the white sauce. Sweats formed on her forehead. Unexpectedly, Junho wipes it off with his hanky and now stood in front of her.

 

 

Taken aback, she bit her tongue and smiled shyly, looking back at the sauce, ''This will be done in minutes together with the pasta.'' she tasted it and contently smiled. ''So what do you want to talk about?'' turning back at Junho.

 

 

''About what Yun Jae had said back at the agency...'' he intently stared at her.

 

 

So Eun's smile fleeted away. Her eyes blinking as she pursed her lips.

 

Flustered at what Junho says, her focus bended. She has somehow forgotten about it and now he's bringing it up again. On the inside, she's hoping to be finished quickly.

 

 

''Wh-what about it?'' stammering, she took her eyes off him and darted her gaze away, even from what she has been cooking. But then decided to get glasses of water. One for her and for him.

 

 

''Can't you give me another chance?'' he followed her. ''No. Can't you give us another chance?'' he bluntly asked to which made her stood frozen in front of the fridge. ''Just one last chance So Eun-ah...''

 

 

She gained more strength and walked past him, placing the glasses down back to the counter, pretending not to hear him. ''I still love you. I have always been. I always wanted to say this. Well, at least I tried when I'm having the chance to but you won't let me everytime. You'll give me lame excuses and I'm sick of it.'' those words instantly came out from his mouth, coming from his heart. Sincere and earnest. ''Can't we just be like those who has a normal family? Don't you want Yun Jae to grow up like us, having his Appa and Eomma around, staying together? Can't we start all over?'' he pleaded.

 

 

So Eun switched off the oven, sighing heavily. She didn't let any b tears drop from her eyes and tried to act normal as she could.

 

 

''I'll wake Yun Jae up first so we could start eating. I don't wan't you to go home late. He might catch a cold or what.'' she ignored Junho's confession and fixed the table. Setting it with plates, utensils and the finised Carbonara.

 

 

Junho took it from her and when she turned her back again, he held her arm, ''This is me, asking for another chance. Didn't you hear what I said?''

 

 

So Eun shrugged his hand away and walked heading to the sala, ''What's stopping you? Can you tell me what?''

 

 

''Do you really want me to answer that?'' she stopped at the bottom of the stairs.

 

 

''Yes, whatever it is, I'll take it. Just answer me. And if you say no...'' pausing, he sighed heavily, ''I'll stop this and won't bother you anymore. But I'll stay for Yun Jae, as his father. Just like what you said...''

 

 

So Eun couldn't withstand what she's hearing anymore, and finally faced him. ''Alright. Junho-ya, I'm thankful that you are my son's father and that would be enough. I'm feeling guilty already that I can't give him what he wants, so please, don't double it.'' turning her back, she went upstairs.

 

 

He nods his head, slowly taking those words in. It was clear. ''It's a no, then...''

 

 

Heavily dragging his body to the sofa, he decided to just sit there, engaging every single word that came from her. Short yet hurtful.

 

 

Meanwhile, So Eun came down with Yun Jae, ''Let's eat...'' she simply said, waiting for him.

 

 

''I already lost my appetite.'' it sounded bleak. He stood up without even taking a glimpse at her and turning to the kid, ''Yun Jae-ah, I'll wait for you in the car...'' then left, not even wanting to hear what would So Eun has to say.

 

 

At the dining table, So Eun couldn't take in the pasta, staring blankly on it. ''Eomma, why aren't you eating?'' Yun Jae suddenly snapped out her thoughts, bringing back her senses.

 

 

She shortly smiled, ''Maybe, I'm too tired.''

 

 

''But you slept already. Didn't you?'' he pouted.

 

 

Pinching his nose, she stood up to get his milk, ''Finish that then drink this, your Appa's waiting for you.'' the kid followed what she said and quietly eats. While she just watches her son.

 

 After their dinner, So Eun and Yun Jae went out to where Junho's car is parked. At the front gate, they stopped for a while, embracing her son, telling him to behave and promises that her work will be done soon so they could spend a lot of time just like before. ''Honey, I love you...'' she whispered at Yun Jae's ears but her eyes fixated to the man sitting and waiting inside his car. She thought he's back to the usual by the looks on his now straight face, stoic and cold.

 

''I love you, Mom. I'll miss you.'' he lets go and gave her lips a peck.

 

 

She helped Yun Jae get in the car. Then after being settled inside, the little boy bid his goodbye. Smiling, she waved at him. After so, Junho drove off without saying a word.

 

***

 

So Eun gets back inside with a heavy heart. She went straight upstairs, took a shower and rested on the bed.

 

 

Lying flat down, reflecting pensively about what happened a while ago, she cried her heart out. Her tears running down to the side of her face, silently. What she had said to him was rogue. Her heart wanted so much to give in but what her mind says no. She too, is having a hard time understanding what she wants now. Holding on to the past, causes her so much pain but not only her. And what kills her the most is looking at Junho's eyes to see him hurting. And Yun Jae's hopeful, thinking for the three of them to be okay and be normal.

 

 

So at the back of her mind, she's wishing to be home in New York with her son and just be like before.

 

 

Sometimes, she's thankful that Junho finds out about their son but still, most of the time, as she works with him, defining regrets and fears has been hard for her.

 

 

She turned sideways, eyes swollen. ''Lee Junho... Babo'' mumbling she closes her eyes until she doze off.

 

--

 

''Yun Jae-ah, I'll wait for you in the car.'' Junho left, not even wanting to hear what would So Eun has to say.

 

 

Making his way to the gate with his hands both slid inside the pocket of his jeans, he kicked a seemingly lost rock and hissed.

 

 

He gets in the car, shutting its door with a bang. Leaning, he thought of holding it all back. He's hurting. It was too painful like he got a shot right on his heart.

 

 

Just when his phone rings with Nichkhun's name on the caller ID, he didn't hesitate to pick it up, ''Hello...'' the other line greeted.

 

Clearing his throat he said hello back, then Khun asked why is his voice almost trembling but he didn't respond. Khun worriedly asked where he is, ''Infront of So Eun's house, hyeong...''

 

 

Nichkhun seemed to get it then said that he'll call up Wooyoung and wait for him at his pad. He said okay, that he'll just send Yun Jae home then ended up the call.

 

 

Minutes later, he saw So Eun and Yun Jae came out. Feeling so much pain, he turned his gaze in front with a straight face. He waited for them to finish their moment and when So Eun helped their son gets in, he just sits frozen. He didn't mind even when he heard Yun Jae bids goodbye. Junho didn't want to say a word anymore and just drove off.

 

 

In a little while, he dropped his son at his parents place and hit the road again, going his way to his pad where Nichkhun and Wooyoung are waiting.

 

 

He went in with a slouched body and slumped on the couch beside the two. Nichkhun signaled Wooyoung with his round eyes, he nods and asked, looking concerned, ''Hey dude... What happened?''

 

 

''I asked her to give us another chance... I told her what I want, everything that's inside my heart, that I still love her...'' Junho started, trying to sound okay, ''But she's consistent. She answered me with the same one she said to me before. She just wants me to be our son's father.'' hissing, he rested his head at the back of the couch and closes his eyes.

 

 

Wooyoung crinkles his forehead, meeting the eyes of their Nichkhun hyeong. ''Do you want us to stay here with you for a while?''

 

 

Junho shook his leaning head, ''I'll be fine...''

 

 

He straightened his body and looked at the two, ''I've decided already... I'll do what she wants.'' Junho paused and faked a smile, ''Just one thing, hyeong, Wooyoung...''

 

 

''Wait, is it really over between you?'' Wooyoung questioned.

 

 

''What's that?'' Nichkhun beats Wooyoung.

 

 

''Starting tomorrow, I'll be working here in my pad. I guess I don't want to see her yet. Not at all. I'll just instruct Ms. Han to deal with her. But I promise to be back when everything's perfectly fine. I hope it's okay with you and with them...'' Junho stated firmly.

 

 

''We understand,'' Nichkhun patted his shoulder, ''Just take all your time... But I hope it's not yet really over between you two. I hope she'd realize what you two have.''

 

 

Junho forced a smile and thanked them for coming over.

 

 

''Hyeong, Young, thank you.'' he sincerely said, ''You can go now. It's getting late.''

 

 

Khun nodded then they stood up and bustled into the door with Junho following behind until they got out.

 

 

Without taking a shower, out of tiredness, he changed to a comfy gray tank top and a jogging pants then goes to his mini office. Sitting at the swivel chair, leaning his back then resting his head. Looking down, his eyes moved to the watch on his wrist. He chortled bitterly and removed it without second thought. ''I'm not yet giving up. But, I have to stop first to help you realize things.''

 

 

Sighing, Junho kept it inside his desk's drawer and saw the bracelet he gave her way back. He puts the watch beside it, shaking his head.

 

--

 

So Eun hurriedly ran to catch the elevator and there she saw Ms. Han, ''Good morning, Ms. Kim.'' the secretary bowed happily. Then, pressed the number of their floors.

 

 

''Oh! Good morning...'' she greeted back and bows only her head. Her hair coiled up in a bun.

 

Ms. Han checked her wrist watch, ''Ms. Kim, isn't it too early for you to come at the office?'' she asked politely.

 

 

Smiling, So Eun checked her phone's watch and nodded, ''Ne. Remember I took half of the day yesterday? I need to fill those hours I missed.'' they both chuckled and stopped when Ms. Han's phone rings.

 

 

''Good morning, Mr. Lee.'' So Eun looked in front while the secretary continues talking on her phone, ''Why sir? Should I file you a sick leave?''

 

 

She tried not to listen but they were inside the elevator and every conversation was clear to her. She heard that Junho's not coming to the office and thought that he's sick but later on heard from the secretary that he's fine.

 

 

Getting down the floor and before going to the office, Ms. Han told her that when something come up on her work or if she needs to discuss, she'll just need to inform and deal with Ms. Han so no need for her to come directly at him. So Eun nodded and headed to her office.

 

 

Alone in the office, she muses about it and wonder why isn't he coming today. As she starts working, taking out her iPad, browsing the designs, her mind couldn't help but wander about Junho. She breathed out and rubbed her brow with two fingers, her thumb landed on her cheek as its foundation.

 

 

Hours later, Key who worked over time last night came, surprised that she was early. ''Dear, I finished everything that matters for JJ Proj's outfits last night. Regarding the wedding's entourage, here are the pictures of the finished designs.'' Key explained bringing out his laptop and showing their designs, ''In fact, we can set a date when will they want to see and try them on. So they could pick what would they want to use.''

 

 

She bit her tongue, looking worried. ''Why? Aren't you satisfied? It'll be delivered tomorrow, I guess...'' Key settled himself to his desk, ''By the way, we can show Mr. Lee the pictures of the outfits too and see if he'll like it.'' but he noticed how So Eun looks fazed. ''Alright, I get it... You're out of your mind again, huh?''

 

 

''I'm fine...'' she defended. Key just shrugged his shoulders and stared on his laptop's monitor. ''Key, what if...'' she suddenly spoke.

 

 

''What?'' he faced her.

 

 

''What if things just didn't work out? Though you know you have a choice but didn't even rely on it...'' her question came out of the blue.

 

''I bet this is about you and Mr. Lee.'' he sighed, ''So Eun-ah my dear, you know you're the only one who can answer that. Why don't you trust what your heart says this time?'' he simply said and gets back to work.

 

So Eun bit her lower lip and breathed deeply, ''Anyway, about the outfits, just inform Ms. Han and do what she'd say. And tomorrow, we'll meet Ji Eun and Wooyoung for the finalization.''

 

 

Frustration marked So Eun's face until their whole day ends. She drove home this time. Suddenly her phone blowns up with an unfamiliar number, ''Hello?''

 

 

Yun Jae squealed on the other line and informed his Eomma that he is with his Appa, on his pad. She just listens to his son and stopped from driving.

 

 

Yun Jae tells her that he behaves a lot so he wouldn't get to disturb his working Appa. After hearing that, she somehow felt relieved. ''Are you sleeping with your Dad?'' she asked.

 

''No, Mom. He'll send me back to grandma and grandpa later. But I want to see you first. I'll ask dad if we could drop by...''

 

 ''Honey, ammm... Uncle Key and I will be busy the entire night...'' she quickly reasoned out, glancing at Key beside her, nodding.

 

She heard a deep sigh from the other line, ''I'm sorry. But I promise to meet you soon, honey.''

 

''Okay, mom... I have to go. Dad wants me to be ready. I love you.'' he whispered then she said i love you back to the kid and hang up.

 

 

She glances at Key again and smiled half heartedly then went back to driving.

 

 

It's already past six in the evening when they reached home. This time, they just ordered something for their dinner because So Eun wasn't in the mood to cook and of course, she won't let Key take over the kitchen.

 

 

After their dinner, she decided to get a sleep few hours earlier than her usual sleep time which made Key wonders more. ''Mr. Lee wants to work on his pad, Ms. Han told me a while ago when I came to talk to her about the outfits. But I don't know for how long. If that is what's bothering you...'' Key teased as they parted ways going to their own rooms.

 

 

Seeing him everyday gives her fear but just a day without his appearance, not even a shadow, tortures her.

 

 

Those random thoughts had gone automatically after finally getting her sleep.

 

**

 

NEXT DAY

 

2PME

 

By lunch, So Eun got a call from one of her staffs that the delivery for the wedding's suits will be delayed. She's eating together with Key at the cafe across the agency. After the call, they got back to chatting. Again, Key mentioned about their boss's sudden decision that he'll work at his pad to which she just shook her head while scoffing at her ordered food.

 

 

''So, what happened?'' Key insisted to find out. ''I know it has something to do with you.'' he slyly said.

 

 

''Let's not talk about it.'' her soft voice turned stiff.

 

 

''Why? Did he propose to you? Then you rejected him because of some past issues?'' Key . She glared at him, raising a fork, motioning to stab him.

 

 

''Mwo?! Okay okay!'' Key raised his hands in surrender causing her to laugh almost hysterically. But stopped after seeing Key has changed his facial reaction. It turned into a smug one. ''Speaking of the...'' raising his left brow, darting his gaze at the glass door behind So Eun, ''devil'' he mouthed. ''And not just one, but two!''

 

 

So Eun turned her head behind to find Junho at the entrance, holding the opened door until Ji Yeon gets inside then he follows after her. She was surprised, feeling that she's running out of air.

 

 

Gulping, she quickly turns her head back to Key and smiled. Atleast she tried to, but her eyes got misty. Unknowingly, her nose turned red. Staring at her lap, while she her upper lip, she took a sip at her coffee to not let the tears stream down then Key cooed, ''Dear, do you want us to go now?''

 

 

''No. I'm okay...'' she strongly said and continued on her food. Her friend just nodded and eats with her silently.

 

 

Later on, Junho passes by with Ji Yeon. ''Oh! So Eun-ssi... We meet again! Annyeong haseyo...'' the girl smiled, not with a warm one.

 

 

So Eun looked up and with confidence, she greeted back, ''Yeah... Annyeong haseyo. I never thought that we'd see each other again.'' the girl in front chuckled bitterly. While Key rolled his eyes.

 

 

''Let's go...'' Junho butted in without even greeting and batting an eye at them. Key was astounded. And Ji Yeon left a fierceful gaze before following behind Junho. They seated three tables away from theirs but on the opposite side. Unfortunately, they're still visible at So Eun's sight.

 

 

She couldn't help but glance at them. Her heart felt a pinch right after she saw how Ji Yeon whispered something at Junho who were sitting beside each other, back facing them. Feeling her lips parted in faze, and her brimmed with tears, she breathed out heavily and gulped on the glass of water.

 

 

''Hey dear...'' Key nudged her, ''Are you sure you still want to stay?'' he's worried now, yet she just nodded.

 

 

Looking down, forcing herself to finish the food in front of her, the tears couldn't help but escape from her eyes. Sniffing, she quickly wipes it off. She then looked up only to see Ji Yeon smiling while just staring at Junho who seems talking about something with her. Her head leaning at her palm, as she propped her elbow over the table.

 

 

''Let's get back to the office...'' her voice was a little shaky. She stood up after sliding her phone inside the purse and went out with Key trying to catch after her.

 

 

Outside, Key clutched her hand at his arm in comfort while crossing the road. And infront of 2PME, she takes her hand back, smiling, ''I'm fine... I'll get back to work without thinking about anything.'' she swears.

 

 

Key trailed after her whom didn't speak any more words from the moment they reached their office and started working back. She begins with calling one of her staffs in New York, assuring that everything will and should be done a week before the deadline then later on calls at one of the staffs, Mr. JYP assigned to work with her, who has their own work place, checking for her bestfriend's wedding entourage especially the groom and bride's suits.

 

 

When she's not on the line making a call, either she'll work on inventing some new designs that actually isn't needed anymore or she'll examine their finished work.

 

 

So Eun would suddenly stood up, pacing back and forth but at times she'd just sit, pursing her lips, looking distempered.

 

***

 

Busily working at his pad, Junho got a call from Ji Yeon, asking him to meet her at the agency by lunch. He refused to, mainly because he might bump into So Eun and if that happens, he might not restrain himself anymore. He told her that he has loads of paper works but Ji Yeon insisted, telling him that if he didn't meet her, she'll come over his pad which is worse, he thought. In the end, he agreed.

 

 

Shutting off his laptop, he changed to a plain black top, jeans and sneakers. Grabbing a leather coat, he finally leaves then drove off to the agency.

 

 

As soon as he reached 2PME, he was welcomed by Ji Yeon who has waited for him at the lobby. ''Oppa!'' she quickly clutches her hand at his arm and squealed, ''Let's have a lunch date!''

 

 

Hissing he shoved Ji Yeon's hand off his arm and faced her, ''Lunch date? I came here because you said you have a proposal.''

 

 

The girl bit her fingernail, lowering her head and grinned underneath, ''Ne... Let's talk about it over lunch. You forgot about the peace offering, Oppa.'' standing straightly, she puppy eyed her big round eyes and pouted.

 

 

''Alright... You can take only a little of my time. I have more important things to do. And you know I'm a father now.'' he walked towards the door, bowing back to those who greeted him and opened it for Ji Yeon.

 

 

Outside, in the middle of greeting some of the employees, he asked her where to go. The girl smiles strangely, peering an eye at the cafe across the agency. Particularly to the girl who's happily eating inside. ''Oppa, I want to try the meals at that cafe!'' she pointed.

 

 

Junho glances at that cafe, ''Are you sure you want to eat there? I know you...''

 

 

Ji Yeon rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, watching the cars passing by, ''I just want to give a try. Is that bad?''

 

 

He blew out some air, ''Alright. Let's wait for the cars to stop.'' and they did.

 

 

While crossing the road, he kept his eyes down not until they reached the cafe. Motioning to open its door, Ji Yeon quickly stood in front, ''I'll get in first, Oppa.''

 

He gave her a puzzled look, ''Well yeah... I know.'' and lets her get in, he followed after.

 

 

They went straight to the counter, ordered and of course, he paid for that. After so, Ji Yeon nudged him to look for a table. Making their way, he thought he saw a familiar face but ignored it. He was busy looking a little farther, finding a nice table when he heard Ji Yeon squealed, ''Oh! So Eun-ssi... We meet again! Annyeong haseyo...''

 

 

''So she's here. I was right.'' he thought. Somehow, wanting to look at her. ''Yeah... Annyeong haseyo. I never thought that we'd see each other again.'' he heard her responded and heard Ji Yeon chuckled.

 

 

He couldn't take it in that he wants to drag Ji Yeon out and leave, but he changed his mind. ''Let's go...'' he said, stiffly. Avoiding to give even a glimpse at So Eun and to the person he's with. He made his way first to a table not too far from them.

 

 

Sitting, he chose to back face them then Ji Yeon seated beside him, unexpectedly. ''Why don't you sit across me?'' he asked.

 

 

The girl stares at him with a curved lips, "I want to stay close.''

 

 

Though irritated, he bluntly stated, ''If you keep staring that way, I might melt and disappear. I have a son waiting at home.''

 

 

Ji Yeon laughs sophistically, taking a peek at the two persons sitting not far from them, which surprised him a little, ''What's funny?'' he wondered, shaking his head.

 

 

She finally stops, ''Nothing, Oppa.''

 

 

Junho kinda felt bothered about So Eun's presence. He wanted to exchange with Key, to eat and chat with her. It's been two days that they're not bumping into each other at work. He feels like he's already in misery, what about her? He asked at the back of his mind. But she changed into a strong headed one. And he doesn't want to be embarrassed begging for another chance anymore.

 

 

Little while, he moved to the seat across the girl he's with so he could see So Eun. But they were gone. His eyes darted outside, but they were nowhere out of sight. ''Oppa, here's our order...'' Ji Yeon distracts him after their food has been served, making him look back at her.

 

 

''Ne, let's eat'' he smiled a bit, still glancing outside.

 

 

Eating quietly, Ji Yeon broke the silence, ''Oppa, you looked bothered.'' she cooed while dabbing her face with a napkin.

 

He stops,''What? Ah, no... Anyway, let's talk about that proposal of yours.''

 

 

Ji Yeon clears , ''Oppa, the truth is I just want to have a lunch date with you.'' she bit her lips as her round eyes grew bigger when she saw his fierce squinted eyes.

 

 

Junho threw the napkin over the table, gritting his teeth. He stood up, ''You fooled me. I hope you won't do this again'' and left.

 

 

She hurriedly picks up her things and ran after, ''Oppa! I'm really sorry. I knew you would not come if I told you that I just want to eat with you!'' she screamed, they were in front of the cafe.

 

 

Junho breathed in, unlocking his closed fist and turned to face her, ''Right!'' he almost yelped. Seeing Ji Yeon's tears, he calmed down. ''Right. Do it again then let's forget each other.'' he reprimanded. ''Now, go your own way.'' he crossed the road, rode on his car and drove out of Ji Yeon's sight.

 

***

 

DAY AFTER

 

 

With Key hovering around the office, So Eun got ticked off, ''YA... I'm getting dizzy. Would you please stay still?'' it was a demand. She was calling Ji Eun over her phone.

 

 

''I couldn't…'' One hand on his waist and the other at his chin. ''What if you see him today? And he asks you again? I just trust my girl instinct... You know...'' Key almost whispers, expectantly. Getting a glare from her as she starts talking to the other line.

 

 

''Ne, they were delivered last night. And I'm thinking about coming over so you could try it on and pick what you like the most...'' So Eun explains, signaling Key to shut up. ''Ah, that would be better if he too can come, so you two could decide. Ne, 4 o'clock would be fine... Bye'' and drops the call.

 

 

''Mr. Jang is coming too? I guess his not coming alone. Maybe he'd want his friends to be there and help out... In conclusion, Mr. Lee too will be joining...'' She whacked Key's chest after the phone conversation with her best friend and returned to her desk. Sure, Key might be right but she doesn't mind. Just two days ago, So Eun wasn't fine and her days almost got ruined. But everything needs to be settled and now, she doesn't want to mix work with personal matters.

 

 

She just shakes her head, ''Next time you talk, make sure it's full of sense.'' cleaning up her desk, getting her iPad, clutch bag, she checked the time, ''We still have an hour, let's go now... Bring that.'' she pointed a luggage bag and gushed through the door.

 

Her assistant, more so, a close friend, followed as what she says.

 

***

 

Arriving at her best friend's place half an hour before the said time, Ji Eun prepares a snack for them. They enjoyed it while having their little chat about how excited they are for the wedding. When Ji Eun's phone suddenly rings. It's Wooyoung. ''Ne?'' she cooed, smiling dearly. ''Yeah, they're here... Ah, ne... Alright... We'll wait for you. Bye...''

 

 

Her smile looks unsure making So Eun wonder, ''What's with that look?''

 

 

''Nothing... Wooyoung's on his way but he'll be late a little...'' she assured them and gets back to chatting.

 

 

Since it's past four in the afternoon, Ji Eun decided to try the gowns first, convincing them that it's okay because she knew that Wooyoung's coming anytime near.

 

 

Wearing a plain white long gown, with a haltered strap Ji Eun stood in front of the mirror taller than her. Her long straight hair simply laid behind with a full bangs plus the gown, makes her look like she's just turning eighteen. So Eun who's standing behind her, staring from the mirror shook her head. Shrugging her shoulders she commented simply, ''Not this one... You're getting married.''

 

 

And Ji Eun tries into five or six more gowns, they all were amazing but So Eun herself couldn't choose what suits her best.

 

''Let's have a rest first. Water?'' Ji Eun suggested. Key, who wass busy taking out more gowns nodded while So Eun rummaged her designs, examining each, looking for the perfect one that will fit her best friend.

 

 

Ji Eun gushed into the kitchen and gets back with two glasses of water. She drinks first before really getting back at the wide vacant room they're using for fitting.

 

 

Then So Eun showed another gown at them, ''Here!'' she walked closer at her best friend, turning her gaze from the thing at her hands and attaching it to Ji Eun. Smiling widely, her eyes turned into half moon like. It's as if she won a medal. ''This one's perfect! Try it...''

 

 

Without hesitation, her best friend tries it on and came out beaming, ''You're really the goddess in fashion designing!'' she murmured, almost flattered at the beautiful reflection of herself in the mirror.

 

 

''She really is...'' Key secondly motioned, smiling dearly. And of course, So Eun gave a satisfied stare.

 

 

''I can't believe you're marrying...'' So Eun sobbed, still wearing a satisfied smile causing her best friend to face her and waiting for a hug. They hugged each other, ''You looked perfect!'' So Eun whispered.

 

 

Key rolled his eyes, ''Alright, stop acting like mother and daughter.'' he sat on the couch, crossed-legged.

 

 

The girls lets go of each other and So Eun keeps checking if the gown has nothing to be fixed on when they heard male voices coming closer.

 

''Babe, we're here... Are you…'' Wooyoung suddenly came in. His words were cut off by Taec, Chan and Minjun's ''Wooooah!'' after seeing his bride to be, catching the designer’s attention.

 

 

So Eun hesitates to look behind her, feeling her pounding heart. Trying to focus at the gown until Taec greeted her, ''Annyeong haseyo So Eun-ssi...''

 

 

Gathering all her confidence, she turns to face them, finding Junho silently standing in the middle of Nichkhun and Wooyoung. Then turns to Taec, ''Ne, annyeong haseyo'' and bows.

 

 

''I can't believe this is your design! You're really amazing!'' Taec says in exaggeration making her smile.

 

 

''YA! Jin Young-hyeong won't choose her if she's not that great...'' Minjun slightly hits Taec's head and walks closer at Wooyoung's bride to be, ''The amazing bride behind the amazing designer's work...'' he praises and compliments the two ladies inside the room.

 

''You too should pick yours.'' So Eun smiles at Wooyoung.

 

 

''Ne...'' Wooyoung agreed, waiting for Key to hand him the suits. As soon as Key brings them out, Wooyoung immediately saw what he would like to wear and get it.

 

 

He hurriedly wears it and stood beside Ji Eun who's still wearing her gown. ''Kyaaaa! A match made in heaven!'' Key says day dreamily, getting a smirk from So Eun as she made her way to Wooyoung.

 

 

The rest are just sitting and staring at them happily. Chansung commented this time, ''I'm jealous at you, Young...'' his hyeongs squealed YA in unison.

 

 

So Eun chuckles softly while fixing Wooyoung's bowtie, and tapping his suit using her hands, from shoulder lines to his arms, at the back and on the side waist. Removing small threads. ''Chansung-ah, what do you think are we feeling?'' she heard Taec whines.

 

 

Everyone just laughs off with So Eun, though her laugh is really soft. And she was thankful for that. Her concentration is bearing with her. Next, she stood in front of Wooyoung then examines him from head to toe and asks him to turn around. Satisfied, she nodded beamingly. ''Is that alright?'' she confirmed from the two who's now staring at each other. Giving the others goosebumps.

 

''We couldn't ask for more. These are perfect.'' Ji Eun says blushing, after taking her eyes away from Wooyoung and hers' contact. ''Thank you...'' she mumbled, touching So Eun's heart. Her smile didn't leave her face in satisfaction.

 

 

The two finally had chosen what they would wear at their wedding day and wears it off, changing to their casuals.

 

 

So Eun helped Key in fixing the suits laid on the mini bed beside the couch when her phone rings. Her heart pounds more when she saw whose calling, it's Mrs. Lee. She stood distantly from them and answers it, she began with ''Hello, Auntie, how are you?''

 

 

Mrs. Lee on the other line says she's fine and that it's been a while since they last saw each other. Then she says that she called her so she could talk to Yun Jae. As usual her conversation with him goes like, ''I miss you, honey. We'll see each other real sooner.'', ''Don't give your Halmoni and Harebeoji headaches, behave and eat and sleep well'' and ended it up with their exchange of I love you.

 

 

Getting back, she saw the others making their way out, leaving her and Junho alone.

 

 

Her pace became fast when she finally noticed Junho sitting with his legs crossed, stretching one arm, resting it on the couch's head rest. Eyes closed. Key too has gone out, which made her heart beats rapidly.

 

 

As she bends down her upper body on the bed while fixing those gowns that Key, unintentionally left, her wavy hazel brown hair swayed down along, luckily blocking her face out of his sight. Almost cursing deep inside. Wishing he'll get out immediately. But when she stood straight, though not looking his way, at her peripheral, she felt his gaze towards her. Blowing some strands of hair she broke their awkward silence, ''Why are you still here, Mr. Lee?'' yet, she got nothing in return except for that stare.

 

 

Darting down her gaze, she her upper lip in embarrassment. Her eyes blinking. When suddenly, she saw him stood up, giving a cold stare before he goes out.

 

 

Sighing, which she couldn't recognize if it's out of relief or nervousness.

 

 

With Junho, treating her that way is now breaking her heart. Slowly. Bit by bit. Piece by piece.

 

***

 

Sitting quietly with the rest, looking at the soon to be married couple, he saw how elated they are making him feel envious. ''I'm jealous at you, Young...'' Chansung suddenly commented like as if he has been reading what's on his mind.

 

 

His gaze turned to the woman beside Wooyoung, seeing her chuckling sweetly while fixing his friend's suit. At some part of his mind, Junho wished it was him wearing that and her too, at Ji Eun's place. He wished to be standing in front of her like that. His thoughts were interrupted when Taec almost whines, ''Chansung-ah, what do you think are we feeling?'' which annoys him more.

 

He heard everyone laughs off with So Eun. Intently staring at her, he saw how she stood in front of Wooyoung, examining him from head to toe, making him turn around. ''Is that alright?'' he heard her.

 

 

And the next thing that happened, Wooyoung and Ji Eun thanked her then changes back to their casual suits.

 

 

Watching So Eun's every move, from helping Key tidying and fixing up the mini bed to answering a phone call which made her stood a little far from them. Though he knew who it was.

 

 

The others nudged him to come with them at the kitchen so they could have something to grab on, but he chose to stay and closed his eyes as he sits relaxedly. One arm stretched. He felt tired. Tired of avoiding her. But he couldn't chase after her, could he?

 

 

Opening his eyes in surprise, he was left with So Eun who just came back after having a phone conversation, taking each step slightly faster through her way beside the bed. His smile turns upward when he found her actions cute. Her hair slides down, covering a little portion of her face while fixing those left laid gowns.

 

 

Then she suddenly straightened her body, still busy running her eyes at those things on bed and confidently asked, ''Why are you still here, Mr. Lee?''

 

 

His heart skipped a beat. He couldn't say a word. Not one escaped from his lips. And remembered the conversation they had. He saw her abashed. Feeling his aching heart, he paid her a stare, a cold one. Unintentionally then just left her like that.

 

~

 

"We didn't miss anything yet... Did we?'' Min bustles together with Suzy, squealing in. Intruding their picnic-like moment, ''Sorry we're kind of late..."

 

 

Her hand dives into the bowl of potato chips they all were enjoying. "Are these what you all got for dinner?" Suzy who slumped beside Taecyeon smirked.

 

''Yeah, it's past six... What do we get for dinner?'' Chansung reacted, loading his mouth with chips, causing everyone to hiss.

 

 

Minjun flicks his forehead, retaliating, ''YA! Maknae-ah... You almost swept the bowl.'' the youngest of the boys pouted in response. He mumbled under his breath, ''I wish So Eun-ssi could make any kind of pasta for us tonight...''

 

 

''Chansung-ah, we heard that. Sorry but she's still busy inside!'' Wooyoung came out from the kitchen, draping an arm from behind Ji Eun as he leads the way, pointing the room near the sala with his lips.

 

''With Junho?" Chansung mouthed, just then Junho came out, with his stoic appearance, making them all turn their heads at him. Changing his gaze back at them, he asked, "Mwo?"

 

 

When he didn't get a response, he gushed through the door. And they all got back to their own businesses. Except for Nichkhun, Wooyoung and Ji Eun who excused herself,  ''I'll call So Eun...'' but she's making her way through them now.

 

 

She remained composed, though deep inside, she couldn't penetrate the situation. The peculiar behavior of Junho is killing her, slowly.

 

 

"Ne? Something happened?" So Eun quizzically eyed the two standing guys causing Wooyoung to flinch. While Nichkhun stayed still. His eyes seemed symphatetic.

 

 

"So Eun-ah!" Min yelled, waving a handful of chips. She smiles at her, "I-I was about to tell you that they're here... I should've called you." Ji Eun bit her lower lip.

 

 

So Eun chuckles at the embarrassed girl in front of her, "Perfect! I'll show them their suits for your wedding, princess. Let's go!" she held her best friends hands, winking at Wooyoung, for stealing her from him. The guy just shook his head but followed.

 

 

"I'm sorry it's just the pictures I'm showing you. There were quite mistakes and our staffs are working on it, double time. I promise to show it to you when I already have it."

 

So Eun worriedly explains, slightly rubbing her forehead. Everyone told her that it's fine and she felt relieved.

 

 

''You should've told us earlier so we didn't bother coming over. I should've finished my works." Junho suddenly came, without them noticing. His tone was abrupt.

 

 

The rest was taken aback at his hasty words. went agape before chuckling sarcastically. Raising a brow, she retaliated, "Excuse me?" placing down her iPad she stood up, "If I remember it right, I was asked to come here for the GROOM AND BRIDE."

 

 

"Then you still should've told us the moment we got here! We waited! Yun Jae's waiting for me! We both know that!" his voice rose.

 

 

Everyone was taken aback leading Nichkhun to nudge the boys and herded at him, "Junho-ya... You know we came here for Wooyoung." Khun tried to calm his nerves but he turned his back hissing, and left.

 

 

They followed after him with Wooyoung joining them, "I'll see if I could drop by later, babe." and kissed Ji Eun on the forehead. Turning to So Eun he apologizes, "So Eun-ssi, I'm sorry about that. I didn't expect him to act like that. I'm really sorry..." he bows then ran after the boys.

 

Min, Suzy and Ji Eun swarmed around the now teary eyed So Eun in comfort. "Can you explain to us what happened?"

 

 

Sobbing, she tells them everything. "The last time we talked, he asked for another chance. Last chance he said. He said that he still loves me. It's for the three of us. But, I didn't give him."

 

 

Understanding the situation, the girls says their own opinions. Suzy went on, "Soo Hyun oppa told me last time that you two were fine... Did he lie?" Min eyed her.

 

 

"You communicate?" Suzy just nodded, her cat eyes squinted and nose crinkles. "He promised to be at the wedding... Is that okay?"  she waited for Ji Eun's reply. Though comforting So Eun with her warm hands rubbing the back of her best friend, she still took time to nod, making Suzy to shut off.

 

 

Min gets back at their best friend, "Is that what you really want?"

 

 

She looked back at Min. Confusion written on her face, "I don't know. Believe me, I so wanted to give in, to give him a chance. Not only for Yun Jae but for me, for us. But I really can't. I'm so scared."

 

 

So Eun stares at them, absorbing every words. While Ji Eun added, "Wooyoung says Junho desperately wanted to have you back in his life. Especially that you have Yun Jae. Not that we're taking his side." Ji Eun stared at her. Eye to eye.

 

 

"Don't you think it's time? It's time to forget about the pass and live in the present and for the future, especially for Yun Jae. You can start all over again." Suzy adds on, in a more serious manner.

 

 

She gasped heavily. "Did I miss something? I bumped into the boys and.." Key appeared, having no idea at all. But as soon as he saw So Eun's face, he easily deciphers what's going on. Though not exactly.

 

 

Her friends were right. What happened in the past stays there. She should have given him the chance he was asking for. She should have told him how much she still loves him. But she had hurt him instead. And she made him turned to a person he's not. It kills her inside.

 

***

 

Waking up with a heavy heart, So Eun lazed on her bed minutes before getting up. It has been two days since that incident at her best friend's house.

 

 

She made her way downstairs, trudging as she take each step. "Good morning!" Mrs. Kim exclaimed, surprising So Eun by her presence.

 

"Eomma... When did you get home?" she met her mother with a hug and they both gushed into the kitchen.

 

 

"Last night..." Mrs. Kim reaches the cup board to get two cups. "You were in deep sleep already that's why I didn't wake you up."

 

 

She puts on coffee, sugar and creamer on each cup happily. Like she missed doing that for her daughter during the past few weeks she was gone. While pouring hot water on each cup, Mrs. Kim traced her daughter’s face.

 

 

Her face looked unpleasant. Obviously not because of work. She instantly felt that something's bothering her daughter by looking at her eyes. "Is there something that you want to tell your Eomma?"

 

 

So Eun flinched, flustered at her mother's instinct and smiled half heartedly. "Nothing, Eomma." she took a sip on her coffee and sat down at the counter's stool. Darting her gaze away from her mother's.

 

 

Mrs. Kim sat beside So Eun, stirring her coffee slowly. "Of course there is. Do you think you can deceive me? I'm your mother. I've been with you for years. I've watch you from childhood to your teenage days. I've watch you grown up, fall inlove and be contented. Be hurt, stumble and get up again. I even know if you're lying or not." she chuckles and continued, "So what's going on? Or what happened rather?"

 

 

So Eun shook her head in embarrassment and giggled, "Really, you're my mother."

 

 

Mrs. Kim just shrugged her shoulders and took two sips of coffee before getting back to her daughter, "I really am. Now, tell me..."

 

 

Breathing out heavily, So Eun's smile fleeted away and turned her head at her mother's direction, but eyes fixated somewhere. She pursed her lips, "I feel like I'm going to have the biggest regret in my life, Eomma..."

 

 

"Why?" Mrs. Kim put one hand over her daughter's. Her eyes became worried.

 

 

So Eun's brows turned brown as she tried to keep her b tears from falling, "He talked to me. And asked me for another chance. He wants another chance. A last one. For him. For me and Yun Jae. But I rejected him. I wanted to take my words back when I saw him being hurt that way but I couldn't." she blinked, "And that became our last talk. He changed, treating me indifferently. Suddenly, he decided to work at his pad. He was aloof and it doubles my pain."

 

 

"Eomma, I want him back too. What should I do now? It's too late." she sighed.

 

 

Mrs. Kim patted her back, carressing it in comfort, "You should've set no room for pride, So Eun-ah. Open your heart. Besides, he too deserves another chance. We both know that. What do you fear? My dear, things are different now. You know if the first try didn't work out, maybe the second one will. Talk to him again, sincerely. Tell him everything that's inside your heart."

 

 

So Eun bit her lips, meeting gaze with her so much understanding and thoughtful mother. She was right. For a while, she engaged into their conversation and muses on it.

 

 

She was delighted. "I will talk to him... Thanks, Eomma." Mrs. Kim embraced her warmly.

 

 

"Wow... Good morning, Auntie." Key came in without any warning. Mrs. Kim greeted him back and offered to have breakfast with them.

 

Finishing her cup of coffee, So Eun told them that she'll come to the office early and that there's something more important she'll fix right after which Mrs. Kim instantly understood. Key's mouth were open, about to munch it with loaf. His eyes staring greedily at his breakfast-to-be but he put it back on the platter and stood up. Hurriedly following after So Eun.

 

 

~

 

 

"What's with the rush? Something came up? I didn't have the chance to take even just one bite on my loaf." Key sulked while interrogating So Eun. Driving on their way to the agency.

 

She was paying attention at the files on her hands, seriously. "Focus on your driving, I'll tell you later."

 

 

"Aish, jinjja!" Key kept on scoffing and complaining until they reached the agency.

 

 

"So what was that mother and daughter moment for?" Key asked again. Remembering the scene he caught early in the morning.

 

 

But So Eun didn't mind him. Key rolled his eyes at her and didn't ask again when he noticed how she was fully immersed on work. When in fact, she's just gathering all her strength and courage, able for her to have a heart to heart talk with Junho.

 

 

Hours had passed. Making her feel more panicky. She was thinking how to make things up with him. Or where and how she could start their conversation. Key left her for lunch and still hasn't come back yet. While she skipped on her lunch.

 

 

And she finished her work despite being distraught.

 

 

Tapping her fingers on the desk, she stared at her phone over it.

 

Heaving a deep sigh, hesitating at first, she then picked it up and pressed on the first number registered at her call list. Junho's. She stared at it for a while and dialled on.

 

 

It rang for more than three times before he finally picks it up.

 

 

"Hello..." So Eun tried to calm herself.

 

 

"Ne, Ms. Kim?" Junho responded stiffly.

 

 

She blew out some air before speaking again, "Mr. Lee... Are you busy?"

 

 

"No. But I'm driving right now. If you need anything, please say it. Is this about work?"

 

 

"Ah, no. Ahmm... I-is it okay, I mean can we talk? I really need to tell you something..." she paused when she didn't hear anything from him in return. Hopeless. "It's fine if you don't want to... But I'm hoping you'll give me a little of your time."

 

 

But Junho didn't say a word. Only his breathing can be heard on the line. "Ah, he's driving. He should just say no than not saying anything at all..." she thought at the back of her mind.

 

"Junho ya?" she already called him by name.

 

 

"Ah? Yeah, yeah... Ah, I think I'll just call you later when I get home. Ten minutes away." he said, sort of panicking on the other line.

 

 

So Eun looked down, "Ah... Ne. I'll wait for..." she was cut off after hearing loud horns, and high-pitched vehicle noise, tyre screeching on the line, making her worry a lot. "Junho ya? Are you okay?"

 

 

Realizing that Junho's phone was turned off, her heart pricked. "He's on his way home. Did something happen?" she quickly stood up, collected her things, eyes became teary.

 

 

On her way out the agency, she bumped into Key, "Omo! Why? What happened? Where are you going?" he bombarded her with his curiousity. Wondering why she's crying while running off.

 

 

So Eun met eyes with Key for a while, but couldn't say a word. Out of nervousness. She restrained herself from crying more, shook her head then just passed through him and made her way out of the agency.

 

 

Along the way, her right hand was on the driving wheel while she propped her left elbow on the window, leaning her temple at her hand. Junho's pad was few minutes away from the agency, making her more anxious, "Relax. No... He's fine, right? Nothing happened. But what if... Omo... No... I still haven't told him what I'm feeling. Nothing bad can happen to him. Not now." she sobbed in between her driving.

 

The closer her way gets, the more her heart pounds. It does, heavily. Still trying to stop from crying but couldn't help it anymore. Notions were clouding up her thoughts. Slowly tearing her heart into pieces.

 

**

 

Yes guys, it's a cliffhanger... Hehehehhe... You have to wait for the next chapter to know.

Hope you all like the update. Comments are appreciated. Thank you for the support.