Chapter 14

BE WITH YOU

 

A/N: Sorry for the late update... Thank you everyone for patiently waiting. Hope you'll enjoy this update.

 

(Note: Red text are conversation in English.)

 

 

 

Chapter 14

 

 

"Appa!" Yun Jae's excited voice echoed inside Kim's residence as he saw Junho sitting on the couch as he waits for his son.

 

Junho smiled as his son running towards him. He hugged him and he carried him and made him sat on his lap. After working, he decided to visit Yun Jae for he wasn't able to come last night because of his fever.

 

"Appa, are you okay now? Eomma said that you've got sick yesterday." Yun Jae asked as he touched Junho's forehead.

 

Junho laughed, "Yes, son. Don't worry I'm fine now. I also received your letter, thank you that's so sweet of you."

 

Yun Jae just smiled at him. "Are you going to join us for dinner? Eomma just arrived and she's changing her clothes."

 

Before Junho could answer, So Eun was now descending the stairs. He looked at her, she is now wearing a pink Minnie Mouse printed shirt and a pink sweat pants. No trace of make up on her face then her hair tied in a bun. Very far from the fashionable So Eun that he always sees at the office. Natural and simple but still beautiful.

 

"You can eat dinner here." So Eun coldly said to him and turned to Yun Jae, "Honey, why don't you go to Miss Choi so you can take a shower before eating dinner? I'll just check the food." she turned her back and walked towards the kitchen.

 

Yun Jae jumped off from his lap and went to his nanny. Junho followed her with his eyes. As soon as Yun Jae was out of his sight, he stood up and followed So Eun in the kitchen.

 

She was putting rice on the bowl when he entered the kitchen. While leaning on the wall with his arms crossed over his chest, he stared at her and feigned a cough to make his presence known.

 

So Eun almost dropped the bowl she was holding in shock, she glared at him and put the down the bowl. "You startled me." she said, holding her chest.

 

Junho chuckled, "What were you thinking that made you so surprised seeing me here? I'm invited for dinner, right?" he asked in amusement.

 

She ignored him and continued what she was doing. Junho walked towards the dining table and sat in one of the chairs, "Where are Key and your mother?" he asked.

 

"Key met his friends while Eomma went to my auntie's house, I think she will spend the night there since Appa can't go home too." she explained as she made her way to place the dishes over the table.

 

Junho nodded, "Anyway, I'm here to inform you that in a week, I'll be celebrating my birthday, there would be a small party at the agency and I would like to introduce Yun Jae as my son."

 

"But isn't it too early to do that? I mean..." she wasn't able to finish what she was saying when Junho cut her off.

 

"I'm actually not asking for your permission." Junho said nonchalantly and added, "I want everyone to know that I already have a son."

 

"I'm not against it, but how will you explain it to everyone? All of a sudden you already have a son who is already five years old. People will ask, how it happened?" she asked him in disbelief.

 

Junho smirked, "I believe YOU do know how Yun Jae was made."

 

So Eun felt her face turned red as tomato but she quickly composed herself and in an angry voice, "That's not what I meant."

 

Junho laughed, "I know what you mean. You are concern if people might ask who Yun Jae’s mother is."

 

"Yes. This is not the right time to tell everyone that I'm his mother, besides I'm working in your company, I'm your employee. Once you tell everyone about Yun Jae, they definitely would want to know about his mother." she explained wondering why he's deciding on his own.

 

"I don't care what other people will say. If they find out about you, so what? You are Yun Jae's mother or do you want me to introduce you as his mother?" he asked in a mocking tone.

 

"Are you serious?"

 

"Never been serious. My decision is final." He said with finality.

 

"You can't decide like that in an instant, as you said I AM Yun Jae's mother so I have the right to decide anything and everything that concerns him." she said, almost out of breath because of anger.

 

Junho saw her anger but ignored her. He calmly leaned back on the chair with his arms crossed over his chest, "Well, I AM his father. Whatever rights you were claiming as his mother, don't you think that I have the same rights?"

 

She raised his brow at him, breathed deeply and said, "Exactly. Don't you think that as his mother, you should've consulted me about this before deciding for yourself?"

 

Junho sighed, "Fine. Then, tell me what you want?"

 

"Maybe we can talk about this and let's compromise on what we both want. And after that we can decide what is good for Yun Jae." she suggested and totted up, "I won't let anything or anyone harm my son."

 

Junho nodded, "Fair enough." Then, he reached his hand to her, "Deal?" he smiled at her.

 

She rolled her eyes at him and ignored his hand, "Yun Jae is not some sort of business deal."

 

Junho chortled. He can't help but . She looked so pretty even when she's angry.

 

"Appa, Eomma." Yun Jae entered the dining room.

 

"Hey, buddy. Come here." Junho called his son who's already wearing pair of pajama.

 

Yun Jae walked towards his dad. His dad carried him to place over his lap.

 

"Appa, are you going to stay here after dinner?" he asked his father.

 

"Sure. But I can't stay for so long. Remember you have to sleep early." he said as he ruffled his hair.

 

Yun Jae pouted. Junho laughed at his cute antic.

 

"Yun Jae-ah, didn't I promise you that I'll spend more time with you? We can play on weekend. Appa has still work tomorrow and little boys like you should sleep early." Junho explained.

 

"Honey, why don't you go to your proper seat so we can start our dinner? Your Appa should be home before it gets late." she interjected and went to the table.

 

Yun Jae followed her and settled on a seat beside his mom.

 

"Appa, when will I meet my Uncles again?" Yun Jae asked as he start to take a spoonful of rice.

 

"Soon, kiddo. Your uncles wanted to meet you too." Junho settled his self across his son and started digging in.

 

So Eun became a little stress and irritated at Junho's presence. Wishing deep down inside that at least someone else was there too, except for the three of them and Ms. Choi who was busy fixing Yun Jae's bed upstairs.

 

"Honey, you know you're not supposed to talk when your mouth is full, right?" she reminded Yun Jae while wiping his chin. The kid nodded and puppy eyed at her.

 

"Why?" she asked again.

 

Before saying what he wants to, Yun Jae finishes the food inside his mouth first and turned to his father, "Appa, why do you sleep in a different house? Don't you want to live with me and Eomma?"

 

So Eun stopped gobbling on her food and glanced at Junho who just chuckled at his son. He sure is a smart kid.

 

"Didn't your Appa tell you that he still has work early tomorrow? He can't be late. Besides, our house is a bit far from the office." She patiently explained.

 

"But Eomma, you're working at the same office." he reasoned out yet he was right. "Appa, please sleep with us tonight." he turned to his Dad who's grinning back at him.

 

As Junho glanced at So Eun naughtily, he answered Yun Jae, "I don't think I can refuse my son's request."

 

So Eun opened her eyes and couldn't believe at Junho's response. And before she could say another word Yun Jae clasped his hands together propping his elbows on the table, "Please, Eomma?"

 

"Your Appa doesn't have his things with him except for his car. And where would we let him sleep? Hmmm? He needs to go, honey." she glanced at Junho pursing her lips with a grinch attitude. Still trying to convince her son, but the kid was persistent.

 

"Eomma, we can let Appa sleep on my bed or let him sleep beside you." Yun Jae insisted. Junho bend his upper half body over the table to face him.

 

"Okay kiddo. I'll spend the night with you and YOUR EOMMA." Junho grinned and darted his eyes to So Eun teasingly.

 

She took a deep breath then stood up. "Honey, finish your food, I'll just go tell Ms. Choi that your Appa will sleep BESIDE YOU tonight. Okay?"

 

When she's already gone, Junho gave his son a high five then the kid asked, "Appa, what's that for?"

 

"Nothing. Let's finish our food so we can play a little before we go to bed." Junho winked at Yun Jae who nodded and continued eating happily. While watching his son, he smiled at the thought that in a few days, he will proudly introduce him as his son.

 

After finishing their food, Ms. Choi was asked to bring Yun Jae upstairs, "It's ok Ms. Choi, why don't you take a rest now? I'll take care of my son for this night." Junho said. He took Yun Jae from her.

"Kamsahamnida. If you don't mind, I've settled everything in his room. It's a bit late now." she suggested to the father and son then left them after bowing at him.

 

Junho then carried Yun Jae upstairs and went to his bedroom. While they were busy playing with each other, So Eun came in and handed Junho two sets of pajama. One was from her dad and the other was from Key. "You can wear whatever you want from these."

 

Junho gave a puzzled look at the pink one. "That's Key's." So Eun said raising a brow.

 

"Do you think I'm going to wear that one?" he asked giving a short smile as he took the plain one.

 

So Eun chuckled and teased, "I think this one will suit you better. Appa's is a bit loose."

 

"Aish, jinjja! This one is fine." he fussed ignoring Key's pajama.

 

"Okay. I'll leave you first so you can change." she walked closer to Yun Jae and pinched his nose, "Honey, don't play too much and don’t forget to brush your teeth." and stood up to rush through the door.

 

"Aren't you going to help me?" Junho stood behind the door and leaned at it.

 

Looking perplexed, she asked what kind of help he needs. Junho raises the pajama on his hand and waved it, wriggling his brows and grinning. 

 

"Mwo? Are you really crazy? Get off the way." So Eun swallowed. Her round eyes grew bigger as she bit her lower lip.

 

He chuckled when he saw how redder her cheeks turned into then moved out of the way. Following her get out of the room with his eyes.

 

After changing into pajamas, he finally nestled on the bed and tucked Yun Jae in. The kid back facing him while he drapes his arm over his son's body. He heard Yun Jae yawned for the umpteenth times which cause him smile wider, "Good night sleepy head."

 

"It's my first time to sleep beside my Appa. Will I ever get to sleep?" Yun Jae yawned again.

 

"You should, buddy. Aren't you tired?" he mumbled but Yun Jae has already fallen asleep. Junho chuckled silently and checked his son's face. He then rested his head on the pillow and shut his eyes, hugging his son.

 

Little later, So Eun came in again to check upon Yun Jae. She saw him slumbered soundly at his father's side. So she walked in slowly, causing no noise and sat beside the bed. Smiling while watching him sleeping happily, her heart felt good but flustered at the same time. She glanced at Junho who was sleeping handsomely behind. Shaking her head, she gazed back at Yun Jae and gave him a peck on his cheek. "Sweet dreams, Honey. I love you."

 

On the other hand, Junho opened his eyes after hearing So Eun's voice and shut it in half so he could still see her. So beautiful, he thought. He wished to be with them all the time but right now, he knew it's not possible yet.

 

So Eun left and shut the door lightly to avoid disturbing the father and son. As soon as she lay on her bed, she thought about how bugging it was to see them together. Is she a heartless? After all, her son only wanted a complete family. Her son seems happier than before and that made her heart ache more. Though uncomfortable, she just went to sleep.

 

--

 

The next morning, So Eun was surprised to see Yun Jae and Junho bonding at the kitchen. While cooking pancakes, wearing an apron, he was telling his son a funny story that causes him laugh so hard.

 

"Oh! Eomma. Good morning!" Yun Jae greeted his mother and stopped laughing. He ran to kiss her.

 

"Good morning, honey. Did you sleep well?" she carried him, giving a kiss on his nose.

 

"Of course I was beside him."  Junho butted in, "Good morning, Ms. Kim" and smiled.

 

"Why are you still here?" she let go of Yun Jae and stared at Junho.

 

He shrugged his shoulders, "For my son? He asked me to prepare the breakfast. If you're worried about me being late, don't be. I already informed my secretary."

 

Smirking at him, she went to the cupboard and gets her cup for coffee, "Don't over think."

 

"Eomma, are you going to the office together with Appa?" Yun Jae interrupted as he tries to get up on the chair. But he was struggling so they both rushed to help him. Junho caught him first and settled him down.

 

"No kiddo. Appa will go home first to get his things. But your Eomma can come, if she wants to." He smiled at her in a teasing manner. Finishing the pancakes and putting them on a plate, he brought it and placed over the table. Taking off the apron, he motioned at So Eun to take her seat.

 

"Honey, I'll go with your Uncle Key. He must be preparing him self upstairs. After this, I'll get ready too. You have to behave well and don't trouble Ms. Choi, okay?" the kid pouted. So Eun cut the pancake for him.

 

"Aren't you going to eat?" Junho asked curiously, "Satisfied with coffee only?"

 

"Yes. She likes having a cup of coffee every breakfast and she's contented with it." Key suddenly barged in, smiling widely, "Good morning, Mr. Lee." he bowed and took a seat.

 

"Ne. Good morning." Junho greeted back and continued eating.

 

"So, did I miss something?" Key squealed as he take a bite at the pancake with a stiff face, he asked "Or am I going to the office alone, again?"

 

So Eun glared at him and mouthed, "Shut up."

 

Key chuckled and turned to Yun Jae. "Yun Jae-ah, did YOU have a good night?" he gave So Eun a meaningful smile and stared back at the kid.

 

"Ne, Uncle. Appa slept with me." Yun Jae responded eagerly.

 

"Ow! With you? Wow. You must be happy." Key teased again, glancing at So Eun then to Junho.

 

So Eun finishes her coffee and stood up, "I'm done. I'll get ready. Mr. Kim Ki Bum, to answer your question, you're not going alone because I'm coming with you." she impatiently walked out.

 

Junho followed her with his eyes again and turned to look at Key who just shrugged his shoulders. Then he stood up, "Hey kiddo, I need to go now. Appa's going to work. See you again soon. I love you, son." he said ruffling his hair.

 

"Appa, let me give you a kiss." he stood over the chair to reach his father. Junho bends a little and got a kiss on his lips. "Please be back soon, Appa. Eomma and I will miss you again." then the little kid sat back still beaming, "Saranghaeyo, Appa."

 

"I will, son. Saranghae." flashing an eye smile, he left Yun Jae with Key at the kitchen and headed upstairs to bid his goodbye at So Eun.

 

When he didn't get an answer after five times of knocking, he carefully opened her bedroom's door and went in exactly as So Eun came out of the bathroom wearing only a robe. Her hands were busy drying up her wavy wet hair with a towel until she noticed that Junho was at the door. "Ya!" she raises a voice and placed a hand at her chest to hold the robe tightly, "Don't you know how to knock? And who gave you the permission to come here?"

 

Even him was startled seeing her in a robe but he composed him self, "I've been knocking for five times outside, you know I don't want someone to keep me waiting." he reasoned, "And next time, lock the door."

 

"What do you need, anyway? You should go." she ignored him continuing to dry her hair as she sits in front of the dresser, while he was standing behind her.

 

"I want to know your decision about what we talked about last night." he looked at her seriously. His heart fluttered at the beautiful reflection of the girl on the mirror, sitting in front of the dresser.

 

"Right now?" So Eun asked in disbelief. And with an annoyed voice she looked at him in the mirror. "Can't this topic wait? I mean I don't want to state the obvious. We can talk about this later." she said as she stood up and get the hair blower.

 

He didn't budge, he couldn't take his eyes off her and followed her every move until she sat back in front of the dresser. So Eun noticed him standing still at her door.

 

"Ya!" she called him, almost shouting. She stood up again and faced him. And with one brow raised, she said, "Don't tell me that you’re going to stay there and watch me?"

 

Junho's lips curved into a smirk and asked naughtily, "That's a great idea, do you want me to?"

 

"Lee Junho!" she almost screamed in annoyance. She felt her cheek became hotter and knew that she was blushing. She took a deep breath and tried to compose herself. She sat back on the stool and continued what she was doing.

 

Junho, on the other hand, chuckled as he saw her blushing. He held her arms up in surrender and said, "Fine. I'll just be in my office. See you later, Miss Kim." He bid his goodbye but not after giving her a wink and closed the door.

 

So Eun sighed in relief. She tried to act nonchalantly but the truth is, she is as nervous as hell. She was just wearing a robe and it didn't help that he was staring intently at her. She sighed again and continued what she was doing; Key's already waiting for her.

 

~~

 

2PM Entertainment

 

Junho was already sitting on his swivel chair inside his office. He leaned back and closed his eyes. The scene inside her room played in his mind. Coming out from the bathroom, her scent still lingered on his nose... Lavander scent. Still wearing her bathrobe, her hair still wet. He actually wanted to go away but he was stood frozen, mesmerized with the natural beauty in front of him.

 

The sound coming from his intercom interrupted his thoughts, it was from her secretary.

 

"Yes, Miss Han?" he answered as he pressed the button.

 

"Sir, Miss Kim is here and wants to talk to you." her secretary informed her.

 

"Let her in." he simply said and dropped the call.

 

He stood up and heard a knock on the door and it opened. So Eun entered his office with a folder on her hands.

 

"Good morning, Mr. Lee." she greeted him in a business like tone and just stood behind the door.

 

"Miss Kim." he acknowledged her. "Have a seat, please." he pointed the chair in front of his desk.

 

As So Eun walked towards the chair, Junho went back to his swivel chair.

 

So Eun breath deeply and said, "I'm here for two things." she started. "First, I want to give these to you." she handed him the papers inside the folder, "These are the designs that I made for JJ Project. I printed it out so it would be easy for you and Mr. Park to review it, though I sent to it you on e-mail too."

 

Junho took the papers and looked at it one by one. While he was scanning it, So Eun spoke again, "If you have anything you want me change, just let me know."

 

"These are great." he said as he didn't hide his admiration on her work.  "I'm sure Mr. Park will like these too." Junho said as he put down the folder and stared at her.

 

So Eun sighed in relief when she heard that he likes her work.

 

"What is the other thing you want to tell me?" he asked, he clasped his hands on his desk.

 

So Eun sighed again and spoke, "I pondered about what you wanted and I thought that you were right. It's not only your right as his father but more so, it's Yun Jae's right to be introduced as your son. After all, he is a LEE as you said. And this is important for the both of you."

 

Junho was just listening to her as he stared at her intently. Then his lips curved into a smile, "I'm glad to hear that. What about you, don't you want me to be introduced as...” “My wife?" he wanted to ask but he knows this is not the right time. Not yet. "Yun Jae's mother?" he said instead.

 

So Eun shook her head, "No need for you to do that. It's not important if people will not recognize me as his mother.  The important is Yun Jae as your son and you as his father." she said softly.

 

She didn't notice that Junho already stood up at her back. He placed his hand on her shoulder.

 

"So Eun-ah, thank you." he said. She looked at her and saw that he was smiling.

 

She smiled back at him.

 

The moment was interrupted with the sound of Junho's intercom. He sighed and went back to his desk.

 

"Sir, just want to remind you about your ten o'clock meeting with JJ Project's manager with the board." his secretary reminded.

 

"Ah, yes. Just prepare all the things I need for the meeting. Thank you."

 

So Eun stood up as soon as he ended the call, "Mr. Lee, I'll take my leave now. If you need anything for Yun Jae, just tell me." she walked towards the door and left.

 

When Junho was left alone, he can't erase the smile on his face. It was a wonderful feeling to talk to her like that. No bantering, no bickering, no quarrelling. It would be nice if she will be with him on stage on his birthday not only as Yun Jae's mother but as his wife.

 

That thought made him smile wider. He'll make sure that it'll happen. Maybe not now, but soon.

 

 

***

 

Junho's Birthday

 

 

Though Junho told her that she doesn't need to go to the office today, she decided to drop by. It was not because of her work but she was thinking of how she will leave her gift for him. She doesn't want to give it to him personally.

 

She learned that Junho had a lunch meeting today so she thought that it would be a nice time to leave her gift on his desk.

 

Honestly, she had hard time thinking on what to give him. What would you give a person who has everything?  

 

She's now standing in front of Junho's office. His secretary is with him now and she was thankful for that.

 

She entered his office and walked towards his desk. As she put down the gift, her gaze went to the picture frames on it. There were pictures of Junho with his friends, him with his parents, a solo picture of him and the last one was him with Yun Jae. She didn't know where and when it was taken. She picked it up and stared at it. The father and son were both smiling at the camera as Yun Jae was sitting on his father's lap and Junho's arms were wrapped around his son.

 

Looking at it, it warmth her heart and at the same time, it brought pain. Seeing how happy her son being with his father and she's sure it's the same with Junho.

 

If only she can give Yun Jae the family he was asking for but she can't, she just can't.

 

She took a deep breath and put back the frame. Her eyes landed on Junho's picture. He looked so manly and cool on the picture, wearing a dark blue suit.

 

She sighed again and said, "Junho-ah, happy birthday. I know how happy you are being with our son. I'm sorry if I kept him away from you."

 

She swallowed hard, trying hard not to cry. She sighed for the umpteenth time. Then, she walked towards the door and left.

 

***

 

After having lunch and short meeting, Junho came back at the office a little late. Everyone has almost greeted him in advance. And in return, he reminded them to come at tonight's party.

 

He was sitting relaxly at the swivel chair, leaning his back and closing his eyes until he fell into a short nap.

 

The moment he open his eyes, he saw this small wrapped box over his desk. Wondering why he didn't take notice of it when he returned. But he grabbed it anyway to check who was it from.

 

Alongside the gift is a card. Unconsciously, his lips curved a smile upon seeing the sender's name on it.

 

Happy Birthday, Lee Junho!

 

Fr: Ms. Kim So Eun

 

Before reading, he unwrapped the gift first. It was a limited edition Adidas gold wrist watch. She sure knows his style, he thought to his self. Then his gaze turned to the card, feeling jittery on the inside.

 

He appreciated her gift but what makes him more excited is the card.

 

~ Happy Birthday!

 

Time gives us another chance to spend it with people you love.

We can never chase it when it's gone.

Spend it wisely!

 

Either you'll wear it or not, it's your choice. ~

 

He felt his heart thumping after reading her message, smiling wholeheartedly and feeling like floating on air. She was cold towards him, but it doesn't matter as of now.

 

"Hey dude!" His feet landed back to the ground when Taecyeon came in. He hurriedly kept the card inside his drawer's desk.

 

"Is that an early gift?" he asked intriguing what's over his desk.

 

"Yeah, guess so. What is it hyeong?" He fobbed him off as he kept the gift inside his bag.

 

"Are you going to work over time at your day?"

 

"Probably not. You know Eomma, she prepared a lot. And I can't wait to show my son." A smile occured on his lips.

 

"We can't wait too. I want to play with that smart kid." Taecyeon grinned showing his extra large teeth. He patted his shoulder, "See you tonight." and darted out.

 

Leaning back at the swivel chair, Junho smiled unknowingly. Thinking about what was written in the card his forehead wrinkled.

 

 

We can never chase it when it's gone.

 

"What does she mean by that?" he thought to himself.

 

***

 

JUNHO'S BDAY NIGHT

 

2PMEnt.

 

Whilst being busy preparing, fixing himself inside the office, a knock fazed Junho. ''Come in.'' He called out.

 

Seeing So Eun came in with Yun Jae, he stopped from what he's doing.

 

''Appa!'' Yun Jae squealed as he ran towards him. Throwing a hug at his father, he excitedly stated ''You looked so handsome tonight, Appa''

 

Junho chuckled and ruffled his hair, ''You're so witty! Likewise with you, my son'' he responded happily.

 

Settling Yun Jae on a couch, he gets back to what he was doing and continued on putting his tie. He was back facing So Eun who's standing beside the couch.

 

''I came to drop him here. If ever you need something, you can tell Ms. Choi. She's with us'' So Eun suddenly cooed. He turned to face her from his desk.

 

Fascinated at her gesture and the way she looked, wearing a long plain black tube dress, Junho was flustered. His hands panicked as he was fixing his tie.

 

 

''Let me help you with that.'' So Eun suggested after seeing him troubled. Putting off her shawl and placing on the couch, she walked close to him.

 

His face, a few inches away from her as she started helping him knot his tie properly and neatly. He couldn't take away his eyes from So Eun's flawless face.

 

 

So Eun looked up to meet his gaze, with her hands still busy tying. Her cheeks became hotter and glowed pinkishly. ''What?'' she asked sternly.

 

 

Though it was awkward, Junho smiled and placed his hand over hers. He held it tightly and said ''Thank you... For helping me.''

 

 

With that, So Eun gulped. ''How could I get this done? Please take your hands off.'' her words were slurred but distinct to his ears.

 

 

Removing his hand, he intently stared at her glinting eyes, down to her inviting lips, tracing every detail on her face. Not minding the gap between them.

 

 

Finishing the tie, So Eun smiled as she stares at it contently and uttered ''Done.''

 

 

Enthraled at the moment especially at the girl in front of him, Junho was caught up a bit. His eyes smile sparkled. ''So Eun-ah…''

 

 

''What?'' she gave a quizzical look.

 

 

''Thank you for giving me this.'' he ed the edge of his sleeve to show his wrist. Wrapped on it is the watch she gave him.

 

 

''It's only a gift. Didn't think you'd wear it tonight.'' She answered coldly. Her face still an inch away from his. Then, she darted her gaze to Yun Jae, ''I'll get going.'' she said motioning to move away from their position.

 

 

''Wait...'' Junho held her arm. He touched her genuinely again. ''You looked awesome tonight. You dressed up well for my party, right?'' he stated more with an excited tone.

 

 

So Eun's smile fleeted and crinkles her forehead. ''Don't over think, Mr. Lee.''

 

 

With her words, Junho felt his temper rises. Chuckling bitterly at embarrassment he moved his face closer to her, ''Really?''

 

 

So Eun met his eyes again, ''You wish, Mr. Lee. Let go'' her face turned stiff.

 

 

''Omo! Am I interrupting something?'' Mrs. Lee's voice startled them both. So Eun tried to let go of his grip but he wasn't giving up on her.

 

 

''No, Eomma. You're just in time.'' He smiled playfully seeing that So Eun couldn't do a thing.

 

 

''I just came to check if you're done.'' Junho's mother walked in with her palm on her chest, smiling gleefully. Then she turned to Yun Jae who was busy playing at his father's iPad. ''Oh! Yun Jae-ah... Are you behaving well? Enjoyed playing my grand son?'' she sits next to the kid.

 

 

''Halmoni, I heard it all.'' Yun Jae blurted out.

 

 

''Heard what my dear?'' Mrs. Lee wondered.

 

 

He put the iPad aside and exclaimed, ''Eomma and Appa are bickering.'' he pouted.

 

 

Mrs. Lee darted her gaze to Junho who then let go of So Eun's arm. Squinting her eyes she chortled, ''Oh! Really? That's what normal couples usually do.''

 

 

''Eomma…'' Junho brushed the back of his nape.

 

 

''What?'' Mrs. Lee stared at him then to So Eun who was just standing there, awkwardly. ''Alright, alright. I'll bring Yun Jae with me. We should leave now.''

 

 

''No, Auntie. I'll just go ahead now.'' So Eun protested, picking up her shawl from the couch.

 

 

''So Eun-ah, please take care of my son for a while.'' she went towards her to give So Eun a hug and whispered. ''I think you still have unfinished business with him. Don't worry about Yun Jae, okay? We'd better go'' Mrs. Lee winked at Junho while her arms were still wrapped around So Eun.

 

 

Together with Yun Jae, Mrs. Lee left Junho and So Eun alone again inside the office.

 

 

''I'm going now, I'll just tell Auntie that you're fine and done with everything.'' So Eun turned her back but Junho swiftly grabbed her on the waist. They were face to face. Her body leaning on his.

 

 

''You heard Eomma, right?'' he whispered naughtily.

 

 

''Mr. Lee, what do you think you're doing?'' So Eun asked absolutely infuriated. Her eyes widened as he pulled her more closely to him. Her shawl dropped on the floor and left her bare shoulders exposed again.

 

 

Junho felt bad and slowly released her. Before anything, he picked up the shawl and drapes it over her shoulders.

 

 

''Ms. Kim, put this on to avoid situations like this...'' concern and sincerity was traced in his voice.

 

 

So Eun hissed, ''You know I'm only here for Yun Jae. I really need to go now.''

 

 

''Junho-ya, are you ready to...'' Taec was cut off when he noticed So Eun. But other male voices trailed after his unfinished words causing her to flint. ''So Eun-ssi, hello. You looked great!'' he immediately diverted to her.

 

 

''Thanks. You too.'' So Eun responded which made Junho ticked off.

 

 

''Taec Hyeong's right. Hope we could have a little chat with a beautiful lady later tonight...'' Chansung added as he walked to the couch.

 

 

''I bet you'll be the most beautiful lady tonight.'' Minjun stated, grinning at Junho.

 

 

''YA... That's enough. So Eun- ssi, hope you'll enjoy the night. Where's Yun Jae?'' Khun butted in as he manly fixed his coat.

 

 

So Eun smiled, ''He's with his grandmother...''

 

 

''Okay. We can't wait to hang out with that kid.'' Nichkhun beamed.

 

 

''He can't wait to see you guys too.. Anyway, since you're all here, I'll get going.'' So Eun faced Junho with a priggish smile. ''If you don't mind, Mr. Lee, or do you need something else?''

 

 

Junho gritted his teeth and put on his coat, ''I'm fine.'' he said bitterly.

 

 

So Eun turned to face them all before finally leaving, ''See you guys later.''

 

 

As she quietly leaves, the rest all turned to Junho, giving him a jagged look. ''What?'' he asked defensively. And they all gestured an 'explain-what-happened' to him look. ''Nothing... Just a little misunderstanding.'' he defended.

 

 

''You did something inappropriate again, right?'' Nichkhun walked towards him and patted his shoulders. The rest just shook their heads.

 

 

''Better be ready, bro! The party's gonna start in a minute. Relax a bit.'' Wooyoung chimed in to not trigger Junho's temper.

 

***

 

Making her way out, So Eun heaved a sigh. ''Lee Junho, don't make things hard.'' she silently thought to herself.

 

Keeping her composure she went down straight to the party room.

 

The room's light flared off creating a ghostky luminescence. Silhouettes of visitors and employees flashed before her eyes.

 

Warm greetings from Junho's circle of friends welcomed her, all are swooning over a high round table. Beside them are Suzy, Min, Key and Ji Eun who were sending their smiles. The atmosphere was cheerful.

 

She herded over them, then, Ms. Choi approached her, ''Ms. Kim, Yun Jae's up with his Halmoni behind that mini stage'' handing her clutch bag.

 

''Thank you Ahjumma. Make sure to watch after him. Please tell Yun Jae that I'll stay with my friends.'' So Eun softly said. After a while, Ms. Choi went back to where Yun Jae is.

 

As she settled herself beside the girls, Ji Eun in particular, she slid her vibrating phone out from the bag, ''Hello? Yes. I'm at a party right now… I'm sorry I can't hear you well… Okay… Bye.''

 

Her lips curved up after hanging up the phone, until Suzy asked, ''Is everything going smoothly?''

 

So Eun responded with her brow raised up. ''What do you mean?'' she asked.

 

''Oh well, about you and Junho oppa.'' Suzy whispered slyly.

 

So Eun bit her lower lips and rolled her eyes, ''Here we go again. Not tonight, Suzy-ah. Not tonight.''

 

Suzy's wide smile disappeared. Then Minjun from the other table butted in, ''So Eun-ssi, you looked really great tonight'' the other boys turned their heads on her.

 

''Thanks. Should I take that as a compliment? Hehe'' She smiled, her eyes sparkled under the luminous light.

 

Meanwhile, So Eun forgot about what happened at Junho's office as her friends patched it up with their little funny stories and laughters since the party hasn't started yet.

 

***

 

''Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen.'' Mrs. Hena Lee caught each and everyone's attention as she started to speak.''Thank you for coming. As you all know, tonight's gonna be a really special night because we are here to celebrate my only son's birthday.'' pausing for a while, she roamed her eyes around the room and continued.

 

''Ever since Junho and his friends took over this agency, I'm proud to say that they produced the next generation of superstars. They are doing a great job so far. And as parents, his father and I are very proud of our son for being so responsible at such a young age. I really can't believe that he's already twenty three years old and I'm getting old.'' her eyes glistens, filling it with mist as she sends out a contented heartfelt smile. A motherly smile rather.

 

Mrs. Lee took a big deep breath and goes on with her speech, ''But aside from celebrating his birthday, we have other reason to celebrate and I will let my son reveal it to you. So, without further adieu, I'm giving the stage to my one and only son, the celebrant, Mr. Lee Junho."

 

Junho went up the stage and gave her mother a peck on her cheek. Stepping aside, she lets Junho took over the mic. "Thank you Eomma for bragging about my achievements. Mothers are always like that, aren't they?'' he stated, sort of joking which made everyone chuckled. Then again, they perked up their sense of hearing at his next words.

 

''But my mother is right, yet I won't take all the credits for the success of 2PME. My friends and brothers who were with me ever since and to all of you, who are working very hard everyday, WE are the reason why 2PME is very successful. And I know thank you is not enough to give my gratitude towards you all." Junho paused as he heard applauses.

 

"Anyway, as my mother said, we are here tonight not only to celebrate my birthday but also for some other reason. I bet you can't wait to hear that." He paused and scanned the audiences until his eyes landed on the most beautiful woman tonight and continued, "Six years ago... I met a beautiful and young lady whom I fell in love with and I believed she felt the same way. We were only eighteen years old then but what we had I believed was true love."

 

His eyes glued to a certain person while somebody gathered all his courage and squealed, ''Mr. Lee, you speak like you're gonna get married.'' and they all laughed. He shook his head a little with a curve on his lips. Hushing them, he continued speaking with his gaze back to the most beautiful lady in his eyes.

 

''We were young and really in love way back then, and I have to admit that it causes us to become impulsive. But there's no and there would be no regrets because the outcome was wonderful. A wonderful gift.'' his words almost stabbed the heart of So Eun. At some point, she felt guilty. Exchanging glances with Junho, whose heart softens as he sincerely speaks, she felt like she can't breathe.

 

So Eun's eyes glistened with unshed tears while Junho's eyes, tells the unspoken words that behind every happiness there's still pain.

 

But for the sake of his night, he ignored how his heart couldn't mend the pain. Yun Jae's the most important that night. Junho continued, ''Ladies and gentlemen, I have the most wonderful gift for this night, I would like to introduce my SON...'' he turned his head to the approaching child, making his way up on stage. Taking him to his side, he smiled, full of contentment, ''This is my son, Lee Yun Jae..."

 

At first, they were surprised but after seeing father and son together, they finally realized the moment and applauded. To both Junho, as one of the men behind 2PME's success and to his son.

 

''Annyeong hasseyo! My name is Yun Jae. Nice to meet you all. I wish we could all enjoy this night, for Appa.'' the young boy shortly stated. Though feeling a little awkward, Yun Jae gave his witty remark. He spoke smartly as his father held the microphone for him. Then he bowed and smiled happily.

 

Junho took back the microphone after ruffling his son's hair. ''He's usually like this... He's a smart kid just like me.'' he chuckled. Then continued, ''I guess you all are wondering who his mother is. But I'm sorry to say that I can't reveal her right now...'' hearing this, they all sighed in disappointment.

 

On the other hand, So Eun lowered her head, biting her tongue. Ji Eun, placed her palm over her hand and rubbed it to make her feel at ease.

 

She lifted her head and smiled shortly, ''I'm fine. I'll be fine. Thank you'' she assured her best friend.

 

''So that's all for my opening speech. '' So Eun glances at her son and at Junho again. Her heart's almost giving in to the man on stage. He has changed to a real man. ''Just like what my son had said, we hope you'll enjoy and have a great night! Thank you...'' and they bowed then left the stage.

 

***

 

Mrs. Lee was busy introducing her grandson to the visitors, and she feels contented at it. The party has started. There were waiters herding over the visitors to serve their food.

 

So Eun accidentally met her gaze with Junho who's sitting to the table next to them. Staring at each other, their eyes tell everything. Their longing, emptiness and how much they need each other.

 

But it was interupted when someone walked in and whispered something at Junho. Taking her looks away, she sips on her champagne.

 

Swallowing hard, she excused herself to the comfort room. Inside, she fixed her long wavy hair laid on her shoulders. She smiled at the reflection on the mirror and mumbled to herself, ''This night won't take long... Relax.''

 

Getting back to her seat, Mrs. Lee walked towards her, together with Yun Jae. ''Auntie, are you having a trouble with him?'' she glared at her son.

 

''No... Actually, he wants you to eat together with us. Is that alright with you, my dear?'' Mrs. Lee took her hand, waiting for her response.

 

She nodded, pinching Yun Jae's nose ''I can't say no, right honey?''

 

Yun Jae hugged her mom like as if they haven't seen each other in a while. ''Halmoni, why didn't Appa introduce Eomma just like what he did to me?'' he pouted.

 

So Eun glanced at Mrs. Lee and they both nodded, ''Honey, there are things that you still haven't understand. You'll find out when you grow up. Right now, let's eat first. I know the dragons in there are badly hungry.'' she rubbed Yun Jae's stomach and stood up.

 

''Where's Junho? Have you seen him?'' Mrs. Lee asked as they walked over their table. ''He's not eating with us?'' she asked.

 

''I don't know, Auntie. I saw him with his friends a while ago.'' So Eun shortly responded.

 

''That guy!'' Mrs. Lee almost squealed in annoyance, just then Junho came in time. He walked towards them. Not only with himself but with another person. So Eun's bright expression went dull.

 

''There you are, Eomma!'' he clutched his hand at his mother's arm. ''I'm sorry, I had to pick Ji Yeon outside.''

 

Ji Yeon's wearing a haltered knee length dress. Her hair fixed with a simple pig tail. She kissed Mrs. Lee on her cheek, ''Good evening Auntie. I'm sorry I was late. But not for dinner, right?'' she spoke nicely.

 

Then her round eyes widened upon seeing So Eun. And she saw how Ji Yeon reacted. Her face almost turned pale and stuttered, ''Oh! Long time no see, is t-that you s-So-Eun ssi? Nice to see you again.'' and bowed.

 

''Nice to see you, too, Ji Yeon.'' So Eun shortly said.

 

''Eomma, Appa! I'm hungry.'' Yun Jae suddenly broke the almost tension when he grabbed So Eun and Junho's hands.

 

So Eun noticed how Ji Yeon's eyes became bigger, ''Y-you have a son? H-he's your son, oppa?''

 

Mrs. Lee clasped her arm around So Eun, ''Yes, Yun Jae's their son and my grandson.''

 

''Oh, hello Yun-Jae ah. I'm Auntie Ji Yeon.'' Yun Jae smirked at her.

 

''Let's eat, before the food gets cold.'' Mrs. Lee gets her way with So Eun and Yun Jae.

 

So Eun sits beside Yun Jae who was sitting beside his father, while Mrs. Lee decided to take her place beside So Eun to saturate the whole situation.

 

They began eating, and Ji Yeon who's beside Junho offered Yun Jae a dessert but he just shook his head. ''Appa, is Auntie Ji Yeon your sister?'' he turned to his father.

 

So Eun wiped and stared at Ji Yeon who looked irritated. Though she's still patching it up with tiny smiles.

 

Again, Mrs. Lee was the one to answer, ''Yun Jae-ah, Auntie Ji Yeon's your Appa's…'' she paused and glared at Junho, ''Your Appa's really close friend.''

 

''Close friend? Like Auntie Ji Eun, Auntie Suzy and auntie Min?'' Yun Jae delightly asked in return again.

 

Before Mrs. Lee could respond, So Eun butted in penetration. ''Honey, what did I tell you when you're infront of the table and eating?''

 

He pouted, ''Don't talk too much." And continued munching on his food.

 

Mrs. Lee looked pleased. Right, they can't tell Yun Jae that his father has another woman in life. They couldn't. It will just let Yun Jae muse over things and think that's the reason why his Eomma and Appa can't be together.

 

So Eun, deep inside thanked Mrs. Lee for understanding the situation. Yun Jae's too young to be stressed.

 

After so, they finished their dinner. Taecyeon and Nichkhun came to their table, ''Hey kid! What's up?'' Taec approached first.

 

''Hello, Uncle Taec, Uncle Khun!'' his eye smile glistens. ''Do you want to play with us?''  Nichkhun asked.

 

Yun Jae puppy eyed at his mother, ''Mom? Is it alright? I'll play carefully. Uncle Taec and Khun can promise you that, right Uncles?'' he turned to the two tall guy.

 

''We promise!'' the two chuckled. They playfully held their hands up as a sign of promise.

 

''You're clever, Honey. Okay, I trust you and your Uncles.'' he kissed his Mom on the lips and leave excitedly.

 

Left on the table was only her with Mrs. Lee, Ji Yeon and Junho who keeps glancing at her.

 

''Oppa, this tastes great! Why don't you have some?'' Ji Yeon gushed in, leaning closely to Junho. Giving him a spoonful of what she's gobbling.

 

Before taking it, Junho gave a glimpse at So Eun. But she turned to Mrs. Lee, ''So Eun-ah...''

 

''Ne, Auntie?'' she smiled.

 

''I'll just take this call. Please wait for me here.'' So Eun nodded and Mrs. Lee left urgently.

 

Being alone with Ji Yeon and Junho, she felt more thorns at . She couldn't help but hear every conversation they have. Trying so hard to refuse, she couldn't avoid seeing what's Ji Yeon has been doing.

 

She's still the same clingy girl they used to know. ''Oppa, you didn't tell me you have a son.'' Ji Yeon whined, clutching her hand at his arm. His ears heated up.

 

So Eun saw how Junho moved a little, ''Why don't you finish eating your dessert first? We'll talk about it later.'' he told her.

 

''Oppa, we hadn't seen each other for like weeks in a row. Did you purposely do that, to make me miss you?'' Ji Yeon squealed.

 

So Eun on the other hand couldn't take in the scene in front of her. She's suffocating, suffocated rather. So she took her bag and stood up, ''Mr. Lee, just tell Auntie that I'll be with Key and Ji Eun for a moment.'' and left.

 

Her tears then ran down as she left them. It was instant. How could they act like that in front of her? She thought to herself, feeling so much pain.

 

It was dark in the room which helped her cover her crying eyes while making her way out of everyone.

 

***

 

Junho was somewhat happy that Taec and Khun took Yun Jae from them. Truthfully, he doesn't want him to meet Ji Yeon. He didn't think that she'll be back in Korea on time.

 

He couldn't help glancing at the most gorgeous lady for the night, ''Oppa, this tastes great! Why don't you have some?'' Ji Yeon suddenly gushed in, leaning closely to him. Giving him a spoonful of what she's gobbling.

 

Before taking it, he gave a glimpse at So Eun who turned to his mother.

 

He wondered why his mother didn't tell him where she'd go.

 

When Mrs. Lee left, Ji Yeon keeps on leaning at him. He was a little worried because So Eun was with them.

 

''Oppa, you didn't tell me you have a son.'' Ji Yeon whined, clutching her hand at his arm. He tried so hard to shrug her hand off him, but Ji Yeon was persistent. He turned to her, ''Why don't you finish eating your dessert first? We'll talk about it later.''

 

''Oppa, we hadn't seen each other for a long time. Did you purposely do that, to make me miss you?'' Ji Yeon continued. Embarrassed at how she acts with So Eun in front of them. He wants to get rid off her and be alone with So Eun.

 

He was about to shut her when So Eun speaks with an icy tone, ''Mr. Lee, just tell Auntie that I'll be with Key and Ji Eun for a moment.'' and left.

 

Junho wanted to follow after her when Ji Yeon clutched her arm tightly at his. ''Ji Yeon-ah, what do you think you're doing?'' he retorted.

 

''Oppa, are you going after her? Why? You aren't back together, right? Why bother then?'' Ji Yeon's eyes grew bigger.

 

He finally shrugged her arm away off him. '' It’s none of your business. But when you asked me to pick you up, I did. I should've asked my secretary to do so, but I didn't. Ji Yeon-ah, the truth is I wasn't expecting you here.''

 

Junho stared at her fiercefully, ''Help yourself. And please don't ruin my night.''

 

''Oppa, I'm sorry.'' she grabbed his hand but he shook it away and left.

 

Not minding the party and his visitors, he rummaged the whole room. He saw Yun Jae playing with his friends and that made him at ease. But his eyes were searching for another person.

 

He searched everywhere. From the room, to the rooftop and at the lobby but no one was there. Not even a single person. Junho went up to check at the office, but the person he's looking for wasn't there.

 

Frustrated, he went out to catch some air only to find So Eun out there too.

 

Junho restrained himself. He watched her flawless nape and bare shoulders from the back as her hair sways along the wind.

 

He slid his phone out from the coat when he saw So Eun took her phone to. She talked over it, and he was wondering who was that, and how was she reacting.

 

Then he saw how So Eun ended the call. Standing far from her, Junho couldn't help but still be worried. He wants to find out why did she left. He wants to find out if she felt jealous and wants to explain to her that what happened earlier was nothing.

 

Sighing, he saw So Eun rubbed her arm from the coldness of the night.

 

''Sunshine…'' he muttered under his breath and smiled. Taking his coat off, his phone rang. It was Mrs. Lee, looking for them both.

 

''Just a second, Eomma. Don't worry, I'll look for her and be back.'' he responded.

 

Turning back to So Eun, his glowing eye smile, his curved lips all fleeted away when he saw her with an unfamiliar guy. The guy immediately hugged her and she did the same warmly. He also drapes a leather jacket over her.

 

Junho crinkled his forehead and looked at them carefully. Again, they hugged each other, tightly this time. He hissed and curled his fist into a ball. Breathing heavily, he wore his coat back, despising what he saw and get back inside the company.

 

''Son, where's So Eun?'' Mrs. Lee instantly asked him as soon as he returned.

 

''I don't know, Eomma.'' his face turned stiff as he stopped the waiter and get a glass of beer from the tray on its palm.

 

''Lee Junho, you said you'd look for her...'' his mother reprimanded.

 

''Did I, Eomma? Oh, I forgot...'' Junho replied stiffly, ''I'll be with Yun Jae.'' he kissed his Eomma and left. Mrs. Lee gave a quizzical gaze at her son and sighed.

 

***

 

''You'll be here in a sec, Oppa? Okay.. I'm outside now and I'll wait for you.'' So Eun said over the phone. Feeling the coldness, she rubbed her arm to lessen it. Her shawl didn't help much.

 

She felt relieved that someone's coming to rescue her from suffocation. Her gnawing fears, backed off.

 

 

''So Eun-ah!'' a low male voice interrupted her thoughts.

 

 

 ''Oh! Soo Hyun oppa! That was fast.'' she exclaimed.

 

The guy hugged her, ''You're cold. Here...'' he took off his leather jacket and wrapped it around her.

 

''I was about to drive straight at your house, but Auntie asked me to pick you up here. He even told me that it's Yun Jae's father's birthday, so I agreed.'' Soo Hyun noticed mixed emotions in her eyes. Excited and worried at the same time.

 

Suppressing the pain, So Eun hugged him again, tightly. As they let go of each other, he asked ''Anyway, where's Yun Jae?''

 

''He's up with his Halmoni and Appa...'' She smiled, ''Do you wish to see him?''

 

Soo Hyun pinched her cheek, ''Of course! I'll just say hi to him so we can go. Besides, I don't know anyone up there.''

 

''We'd better go.'' she clutched her arm with his and walked inside the company.

 

Making their way, Soo Hyun just trailed behind So Eun, their hands now clasped together. She saw Ji Eun and the rest, swooning over one table so she pulled him closer to them.

 

''May I intrude you guys for a while?'' they all turned their heads at So Eun, giving her a perplexed look because of the person beside her. She glances at Suzy whose lips parted and eyes fixated to Soo Hyun. Feigning a cough, she cut it off. ''Anyway guys, this is Soo Hyun, oppa. Oppa, these are my friends.'' she pointed the clueless ones.

 

''Oppa?'' Kwon, Chansung and Suzy almost exclaimed in chorus.

 

''Ne. Soo Hyun oppa's my cousin. He's a year older than me.'' So Eun plainly explained.

 

''Oh! We see. Suzy right here. One of So Eun's best friend.'' Suzy stood up and shook hands with him instantly. Then one by one, Suzy introduced them at him which made So Eun wonder. She rolled her eyes, ''Ya! I should be the one doing that.''

 

Suzy gave a smug smile. ''It's alright'' butted in, Soo Hyun smiles at her.

 

The rest teased Suzy who's acting off guard. She just shrugged her shoulders and continued staring at Soo Hyun.

 

''He actually came here to pick me up. I'm going first, guys.'' So Eun explained. While Suzy protested, giving them alibis so they could stay a bit longer. ''Key, you can take So Eun home, right?'' Suzy winked at Key who mouthed shut up at her.

 

''Suzy-ah that's too much. He's going to melt.'' Minjun jokingly said and they all laughed.

 

''Eomma!'' Yun Jae chimed in; following after him was Junho and Ms. Choi. The kid was startled at the person standing beside his mother. ''Uncle Soo Hyun? Woah! You're here, Uncle!'' he ran into him and jumped up to him. Soo Hyun happily carried him.

 

''When did you arrive, Uncle? We missed you a lot!'' Yun Jae traced his Uncle's face and beamed.

 

Soo Hyun pinched his nose, ''Just now, buddy. You're grown up. Much to my expectation.'' the two seems to forget the others.

 

''Ah, Soo Hyun oppa, I would like you to meet, Mr. Lee Junho, Yun Jae's father.'' So Eun suddenly remembered Junho's presence. ''Mr. Lee, this is Soo Hyun oppa, my...''

 

''Nice to meet you.'' Junho cut her off. His stoic personality came gushing upon him. Cold as ice. Face turned straight.

 

 

''Oppa!'' Ji Yeon came out again on the scene.

 

''Yun Jae's gonna sleep with his Halmoni tonight'' Junho bluntly said and without second thought, he left them and walked towards Ji Yeon.

 

So Eun heard Wooyoung muttered to Ji Eun, ''What's wrong with him?'' 

 

''The birthday boy seems outraged.'' Taecyeon commented.

 

''Could be, you know, the thing called J-E-A-L-O-U-S-Y...'' Changmin added. They all laughed at him.

 

So Eun exchanged glances with Soo Hyun. Apologetic.

 

''Ya… Ya... Cut that off. So Eun-ssi, you can go now. We'll take care of Yun Jae, besides Ms. Choi is here.'' Nichkhun seems to really understand everything.

 

''Ne. You two can go now. Please drive safely.'' Ji Eun reminded Soo Hyun, then she stood up to hug her best friend. Min and Suzy hugged her too.

 

Suzy motioned to hug Soo Hyun, but So Eun was eager to stop her. ''Suzy-ah, not tonight. Keep your nerves calm.'' she whispered chortling. Suzy backed off.

 

''Bye, everyone. See you again, soon.'' she bid goodbye and turned to Yun Jae, ''Honey, get down now. Uncle and I are going. You heard your Father? You'll stay with your grandma and grandpa for the night.''

 

''But, Mom… Uncle's here.'' he whined, hugging Soo Hyun tightly.

 

''Hey buddy, we'll still see each other. Uncle will be staying here for a week.'' Soo Hyun wriggled his brows.

 

Yun Jae hesitated at first, ''And we're going to play?'' his face lits up. ''Alright, Uncle! You can drop me down now.''

 

So Eun smiled at how Yun Jae treats his uncle and vise versa. ''We're going, honey! Behave well.'' she pinched his nose and kissed him.

 

''Bye everyone.'' they both said in chorus.

 

***

 

On their way home, the images of Junho and Ji Yeon at the party flashes on So Eun's mind. She propped her elbow beside the car's window, leaning her temple at her palm.

 

''You looked so tired… And bothered. Know what, when Auntie told me that Yun Jae will be introduced by his father, I couldn't understand why.'' Soo Hyun broke the silence, ''I mean, you were alone for the past six years, raising him up, working and all. Then one day, he found out about his son and decided to do that.'' he paused, ''Hey, I'm blaming no one. But I know what happened between you two. You seemed like you didn't like the idea. Look at you…''

 

So Eun just smiled shortly. ''Ok, I see no problem about the father and son thing now. So the problem is still between you two, right? I can see that you still love him.''

 

''Oppa...'' She cooed in protest. ''I have loved him, and I always do. It's hard to see him everyday, especially right now that he took his responsibility as Yun Jae's father. He has the right though. But I don't know how to act in front of him anymore.'' her voice trembled.

 

''So Eun-ah, just remember one thing; don't pretend much in front of him. Don't get things complicated, if you still love him, then follow your heart and give yourself and him another chance. It's the only way to happiness.'' So Eun turned her head at Soo Hyun then smiled. ''Anyway, that Suzy girl has a nice and sweet smile.''

 

Soo Hyun intentionally changed their topic.

 

So Eun's mouth agape. Then she smacked him lightly on his arm. ''Sounds like you're interested at her. Suzy's not always like that. I've known her since secondary days.'' she smirked. ''Do you want to get to know her? No. Ask her out on a date?''

 

''Would you let me? Can I really do that?'' he asked glancing at So Eun second by second, smiling widely, waiting for assurance.

 

''She's my best friend. Can I trust you?'' she laughed.

 

''Hey, I'm your cousin. You have the same blood running through your veins as mine. Why wouldn't you?'' Soo Hyun grinned.

 

So Eun surrendered. ''I know. I'm just making sure. She's still young, take note of that.''

 

''Does that mean you're allowing me to ask her out? And that you're going to help me. Thanks, huh!'' he said excitedly causing So Eun to give up.

 

''I can't give you my guarantee because I'm a busy person. But I'll tell her, I'm sure she'll like it. '' So Eun raised a brow, ''Besides, I saw the way you two stared at each other.'' she who's driving happily.

 

Half of the driveway was So Eun and Soo Hyun talking about Suzy. Their laughters echoed inside the car. She has somehow forgotten the pain for the meantime. And that made Soo Hyun felt relieved.

 

They haven't seen each other for years since he doesn't have much time to visit them in New York because of his full time modeling in London. And the fact the he is residing there. Soo Hyun left Korea to study in London when he was still in his secondary days and was discovered by a famous clothing line agent.

 

''We're here...'' Soo Hyun nudged the girl beside him, who took a nap.

 

He helped unbuckle her seatbelt and to get off the car.

 

So Eun sent Key a message, asking what time he'll be home or if he'll be home the next morning but doesn't get a reply. ''Oppa, you can sleep at the spare room. Or if you want you can sleep at Key's upstairs.'' she slyly told Soo Hyun.

 

''I don't like the sound of your voice when you said the latter one. Of course I'll be using the spare room. The one made for visitors like me.'' he retorted. ''Anyway, where's the bathroom? I'll go change.''

 

So Eun pointed it to him and went upstairs to go change in pajamas. Then, she went down to check her cousin and asked him to have a cup of coffee before they sleep.

 

Over a cup of coffee, they talked about Suzy again then to his modeling. And the two laughed like little kids over crazy matters. ''How about becoming my model for free?'' she asked him as she takes the last sip on her coffee.

 

''I don't do that for free. Modeling is a bit tiring. Pay me double, I'll accept your offer, Ms. Designer.'' he laughed. So Eun rolled her eyes and stood up.

 

''Ok. I'll go ahead. I'm tired and I need to wake up early tomorrow. You and I will pick Yun Jae up. Better be off to bed, too. I know you had a long trip. Good night, oppa.'' she yawned and left Soo Hyun in the kitchen.

 

As soon as she fixed her body on bed, So Eun closed her eyes, side facing the wall. But then again, she remembered Junho's face. Startled by her own thoughts, she turned to the other side to find Yun Jae's frame over the side table. ''Everything reminds me of him.'' she mumbled, sighing deeply.

 

So Eun heaved out of bed and get Yun Jae's picture frame then return to bed. She held it tightly, smiling, until finally dozing off.

 

***

 

Junho with a not so nice mood came towards Ms. Choi who's changing Yun Jae's clothes. He smiles just plainly, ''Yun Jae-ah, why making a face?''

 

''Appa, I want to go to Eomma.'' Yun Jae pouted, his forehead scrunched. Junho chortled at his son. ''You can go to her when you're done.'' he said, roaming his eyes everywhere.

 

He saw his mother talking to his visitors. ''Yun Jae-ah, I'll go talk to your Halmoni for a while.'' he said, patting Yun Jae's head when suddenly the young boy grabbed his hand.

 

''What?'' Junho asked quizzically. Yun Jae just pouted, let go of his hand and crossed his arms. ''Why, son?''

 

''Let's go to Eomma.'' he cooed softly. Though Junho doesn't want to, he just couldn't say no.

 

''Alright. Then Appa can go to Halmoni too?'' he made a deal with his son. The kid nods his head and clasped his hand with his father.

 

Junho found So Eun first, again standing beside the guy she was with outside the company. He harshly stared at them while making their way. A little far from them, he stood in froze as Yun Jae lets go of his hand.

 

Heat running on his body. He just stood there with a tight fist locked up.

 

''Eomma!'' Yun Jae chimed in. Delighted to see his mother and the guy beside her. ''Uncle Soo Hyun? Woah! You're here, Uncle!'' he heard Yun Jae as he excitedly ran into them.

 

''When did you arrive, Uncle? We missed you a lot!'' Yun Jae squealed.

 

He saw how the guy pinched his son's nose and he felt irritated more when he heard him says, ''Just now, buddy. You're grown up.. Much to my expectation.''

 

''Ah, Soo Hyun oppa, I would like you to meet, Mr. Lee Junho, Yun Jae's father.'' So Eun suddenly squeezed in. ''Mr. Lee, this is Soo Hyun oppa, my…''

 

''Nice to meet you.'' Junho intentionally cut her off, loosening his tight fist. But his face was stiff. He didn't dare look at So Eun and Soo Hyun at the same time.

 

''Mr. LEE, again? Really?'' he thought to himself.

 

''Oppa!'' Ji Yeon called out just in time, since he couldn't make a way out.

 

''Yun Jae's gonna sleep with his Halmoni tonight'' Junho bluntly said. And without hesitation, he left and went towards Ji Yeon.

 

He grabbed Ji Yeon on her arm heavily and pulled her out of the scene. Though she couldn't complain. Junho brought her outside and took his hand off her. ''Oppa... That hurts!'' she yawled.

 

Turning his back and facing her again, he blurted, ''Didn't I tell you what to do? Stop clinging on me! You've just ruined my night!'' Junho was unaware of his words.

 

Ji Yeon was taken aback, ''Oppa, I haven't done anything!'' she hissed, ''Ah... You're being like this coz of HER, right?''

 

 Instead of answering, he just glared at Ji Yeon. ''Thank you for coming tonight. Go home'' he stiffly said leaving her totally exasperated.

 

The beginning and middle part of the night made him feel elated, not until he followed So Eun out and saw her with someone else. He was in fury as he gets back inside.

 

Party will be over soon, some came to him, and already bid their goodbyes, congratulating and praising him for all the hard work. With that, he tried his best to look fine and satisfied.

 

After a while, Junho goes back to his friends and Yun Jae, with a grudge, he faked a smile. ''Enjoying the night, son?'' he asked as he settled himself beside Taec.

 

''What about you? Enjoyed the night?'' Taec , ''Well you should at least.''

 

''I'm sure he does enjoy the night. Besides, it's his birthday. And Yun Jae has been officially introduced as Lee. Right?'' Nichkhun peered his eyes at Taecyeon.

 

Junho was just staring at Yun Jae. While his friends are cracking jokes, drinking and laughing really hard, he just sits there and blankly stares at his son.

 

Soon as the party ends, they all bid their goodbyes then left. Junho, together with Mrs. Lee, Ms.Choi and Yun Jae.

 

Inside the car, Junho drives quietly. ''Exhausting night, son? I feel so tired yet happy. I'm so proud of my grandson. Our visitors keep on saying how smart Yun Jae is. By the way he talked and coped with everybody around.'' Mrs. Lee pleasantly said. Her voice sounds very pleased. ''Why aren't you saying anything?'' she quickly noticed her unmoved son.

 

''Halmoni, can I talk to Eomma using your phone?'' Yun Jae from the back seat suddenly cracked their conversation.

 

''Why? Aren't you feeling well my little boy? Or you already miss your Eomma?'' Mrs. Lee turned her head to look at Yun Jae.

 

Junho glanced at him in the rearview mirror.

 

''No, Halmoni. I just want to talk with Uncle Soo Hyun and say good night at Eomma too.'' he pouted, fiddling his fingers together.

 

Junho scrunched his forehead and hissed. His left elbow propped on the side, as he brushed his lips through his knuckles. Musing deeply. ''Your Eomma must be sleeping."

 

"Wait, you just said Uncle Soo Hyun? Who is he, anyway? Did I miss something?'' Mrs. Lee asked hesitantly.

 

''That guy she was with a while ago. When you asked me to look for her, I saw them outside, that's why I came back alone.'' Junho gabbled coldly, interrupting the grandmother and his son's conversation. Mrs. Lee stared at him, squinting her eyes in doubt.

 

''Okay, let me make sure I understand things. So who's this Uncle Soo Hyun of yours Yun Jae-ah?'' Mrs. Lee persistently asked her grandson. Junho shook his head and focused on driving alone, but his ears, perked up for the whole conversation.

 

''He used to visit us in New York if he has free time, Halmoni.'' Junho held the drivewheel tightly, holding in his anger. He wished to change the topic, but it would be subtle.

 

''Why is that so?'' Mrs. Lee wondered, watching Junho from the side.

 

''He just wants to visit us and we'll play and hang out. Uncle is very busy.'' Yun Jae explained.

 

''Alright! Are you close to him?'' Mrs. Lee continued asking.

 

''Yes, Halmoni. Eomma said, Uncle Soo Hyun is the only son of Halmoni's sister just like me. She said we're the same.'' the kid beamed with an eye smile.

 

''The son of your Halmoni's sister?'' Junho butted in causing him to stop the car, turning his body and gaze to them. His tone more of excited and hesitant.

 

As soon as Mrs. Lee got the point, she slyly squealed with an, ''Oh! Your Eomma's cousin? I should've seen him. But I was busy... Tsk tsk'' then she turned to Junho who leaned his back and continued hitting the road

 

Mrs. Lee continued on blabbing more with Yun Jae while Junho on his own, smiled blissfully. ''Her cousin?'' he thought at the back of his mind, chortling. His eye smile shines in the midst of his driving. Tapping the drivewheel with his fingers, humming happily as he rocks his head back and forth. The curve on his lips didn't left his face after hearing Yun Jae's statement. He suddenly forgets that he has passengers as his dreamily smile grew wider.

 

''Junho-ya, what's with that smile?'' Mrs. Lee intruded his mindless night dreaming causing him to flinch.

 

''Ne?'' Junho asked. ''Nothing, Eomma.'' he defended shaking his head.

 

''Really? Your smile means more than nothing, son.'' Mrs. Lee patted her son's arm in contentment, ''I could see through your eyes. SHE still has the effects on you.''

 

''Eomma…'' he sighed in defeat.

 

''What? Am I not right? You know what son, when it comes to love, there's no such thing as being too late. It's never too late to try though.''

 

''You really know your son. Thanks, Eomma.'' he smiled ''By the way, I'll be the one to drop Yun Jae at his mom tomorrow morning.'' focusing back at driving. Mrs. Lee agreed and stared out the window.

 

The whole drive went smoothly. Mrs. Lee took a nap while Yun Jae has fallen asleep at Ms. Choi's lap.

 

***

 

Arriving at home, Junho carried his son who was soundly asleep and brought him up to his room.

 

After changing with sweat pants and comfortable tank top, he rested beside the sleeping little boy. Junho yawns for the umpteenth time but couldn't get to sleep yet. Images of So Eun keep flashing back on his mind. He suddenly realized that the jealousy he felt was amiss. Hissing at his mistake, he faced his son. Junho hugged him and kissed the top of his head, he muttered, ''I'm not gonna give up on you, son... Neither on your Mom.''

 

Wrapping Yun Jae around his tough arms and thinking of So Eun, Junho slowly doze off.

 

********

 

How did you like this? Another character appeared and it's Kim Soo Hyun. He will be paired with Suzy.

Don't you guys love Mrs. Lee? :)  Comments are appreciated. Thanks you guys...