Chapter 7

BE WITH YOU

 

 

A/N: Double update... This chapter will explain what really happened to Junho and So Eun in the past.

**********

 

Chapter 7
 

 


KIM's Residence
 


So Eun feels a little relieved when they arrived at home. After the meeting and finding out who will they be working with and having an emotional breakdown along the road made her feel so obnoxious deep down inside. But she was so much grateful that she has Key by her side and no one else could ever understand her than him.

 

Their house has always been welcoming with its ambience, same as the old days. Their family pictures were hanging on the wall and her childhood picture was there too. So Eun's eyes were luminous with a slight joy at the sight. 

 

However, she felt exhausted that she went straight to her bedroom upstairs. Her bed seems to be inviting so she walked towards it while a yawn escaped . So Eun lay down for about a second and sat back up.

 

She heaved herself out of bed and walked to her dresser. So Eun stared at the reflection on the mirror with her eyes full of confusion and suddenly remembered something. And that “something” was kept there.

 

It was a box. It has two letters inside. She took it out sighing, but smiling at the thought that it was still there. 

 

One was folded plainly while the other that really caught her attention was crumpled. Hesitant about taking it first, in the end she still took it out. She remembered when she received this letter, it made her died inside. She doesn't know why she still kept it for so long along with those letters that made her the happiest when she received those. For her, these letters symbolized her life and death.

 

Key came in and distressed So Eun with his presence. The crumpled letter on her hand was returned inside the box. She faced him and smiled, "Why? Is there anything you want to say?"

 

"My dear, are you sure you're okay now?" Key asked biting his lower lip and continued.

 

She gazed at him worriedly but lighted up her face with a smile and said, "Yeah, I'm fine now. Don't worry about me. Thanks anyway." they traded a cheeky smile with each other then Key left.

 

She sat there alone, thinking and turned back to the box. Her eyes set straight to the crumpled letter she was holding just before Key interrupted.

 

Though feeling so helpless, she took out all the letters in the box. The last one that was left inside wasn't a letter but instead a picture. 

 

It was a picture of her together with a guy. Happiness was written all over their faces. He had his smiling eyes while she had this adorable smile. There was something between them in the picture and it's undeniable. There was a spark and that picture explains well. People in the pictures changed but the memories behind it remain, forever. 

 

She smiled. Little did she know her tears began running down as memories streamed.
 

 

 


Flashback:

 

2006
 

Students are scattered all over the campus. As usual, when Seoul National College is holding a sports fest, college girls and even the girls from secondary high are dying to watch their campus' soccer team.

 

Meanwhile, So Eun is wandering through the school's ground basking under the sun with the warmth of some fresh air. 

 

"So Eun ah!" she heard voices but couldn't see where it's coming from and continued walking but stopped when her friends blocked her way.

 

"Ya! We've been searching the whole campus just to find you here." Suzy said catching some air. Her hands were clasped on So Eun's arm.

 

"What's with the catching of breath? Did you girls have a racing up to here?" So Eun blankly asked.

 

None of them answered but instead they all grabbed her and bustled into the soccer field.

 

"The boys will be playing!" Min announced excitedly.

 

"We shouldn't miss watching this event!" Suzy added while her head has been busy turning everywhere. "There! Let's take a seat there." she pointed to the bench on the upper box.

 

So Eun now thought why everyone's running around, especially those girls who were also making loud noises, almost fainting along the hall way when she passed by. How could she forget the sports fest and the soccer event? She turned to Ji Eun at her side only to catch her sniggering while glancing to a certain person on the field. "Ya, what happens when an ice melted?" she slightly hit her friend's side waist with her elbow.

 

"Wha.. What do you mean?" she bowed her head.

 

"That Jang Wooyoung might be dissolved by that look" she teased pouting her lips, pointing to the same guy she's been staring at. Ji Eun blushed and asked her naughtily, "Have you seen Lee Junho?"

 

"Ya! Why are you asking me that way?" she pouted and Ji Eun stucked out her tongue. While the game hasn't started yet, So Eun felt her grumbling stomach so she excused herself for a moment.

 

Along her way, she thought about what Ji Eun had asked. "Yeah, where is he?" she thought to herself then shrugged her shoulders.

 

"Oppa! Show them what you've got!" she saw two persons from a bit distance walking towards her way. The guy is wearing his soccer jersey, carrying a sports bag on his right shoulder. And there was a girl beside him, making a clutch at his left arm.

 

Lee Junho, is together with his girlfriend Park Ji Yeon. After clearly seeing whose passing through her way, So Eun's heart pounded.

 

"I can't wait to watch my boy friend doing some tricks on the field. See? I'm such a proud girl friend!" Ji Yeon said fluttering her eyes walking almost close to her.

 

Her heart beats faster when she saw Junho looked at her. The two stopped in front, "So Eun-ah, aren't you going to support us?" he asked with an eye smile.

 

"Ah of course, anyway, good luck on your game." she answered shyly.

 

"Thanks. Be sure to watch us." He smiled again and turned to Ji Yeon, "Let's hurry up."

 

He will always be the person she used to know as her parents friends' son. That's all he'll ever be.

 

Park Ji Yeon, who was known for her goddess like beauty, a sophisticated lady like is the girl friend of Lee Junho. One of the star in the soccer team and was known for his cool character and his smiling eyes. So Eun sighed heavily, "Who can never like her? What a lucky girl! Forget about that guy cause he will never be yours" she continued walking with a heavy heart.
 


--
 


After the sports fest week and their exams week, So Eun and her friends volunteered in decorating their school's gymnasium for their upcoming JS Prom. 

 

"Miss Yoon, is it already align?" So Eun asked who was standing on the ladder and putting the letterings.

 

"It's a little crooked. Turn it to the right a little bit, So Eun... Yes, that's right. Okay, you can go down now." She glanced at the other three students who were cutting more letters. I need to go to the teacher's lounge.

 

"Bye, Miss Yoon." the girls chorused.

 

"Ya, So Eun-ah, break time now. Let’s go to the café." Min asked as they started to keep the things.

 

"Are we going to the café again? Why don't we just eat outside the school?" Suzy said as she stood up and started to stretch.

 

"Ya, ya... We just had our lunch. It's only 1:30 pm. Let's just have snacks in our house. Omma said she will cook spaghetti." So Eun answered and put down the paste on the table and seated down on the edge of it.

 

"If you want, let's just play truth or dare." Ji Eun suggested and walked towards her things and got the empty bottle of mineral water.

 

"It is okay, whatever you want to play." So Eun agreed.

 

"It's boring." Min said. "Why don't we just watch the soccer team, they have practice today? 2PM is there." 

 

"I like that idea. Those boys are really hot." Suzy said, grinning.

 

"Ya. Have a shame. I heard some of them already have a girlfriend, especially Lee Junho. Ji Yeon is his girlfriend, right?" So Eun replied.

 

"So Eun is right. Besides, I'm sure those boys will not even look at us." Ji Eun seated down at the floor and started spinning the empty bottled water.

 

Suzy smirked, "You are both kill joy. As if I didn't know that one girl I know has a crush on Wooyoung." she started to tease.

 

Ji Eun blushed. So Eun smiled. Like her on Junho, Ji Eun is trying hard not to show that she has a crush on Wooyoung but she can't hide it for she's always staring at him and usually speechless when he is around.

 

"I'm not that obvious." Ji Eun hissed and tried to sound casual. "Unlike you"

 

Suzy and Min laughed when they saw her blushed more. "Okay, okay. Let us just play because you might get angry at us." Min said and seated beside Ji Eun. Suzy and So Eun followed.

 

"Whoever will be pointed by the bottle should follow the consequences, okay?" Min said and started to spinned the bottle.

 

After the spin, it was pointed to Ji Eun.

 

"Truth or dare?" 

 

"Dare --- ahm... Wait, I'll go with truth..." Ji Eun answered hesitantly.

 

Min and Suzy looked at each other and started to whisper something.

 

"Alright, but you need to answer truthfully. Be sport." Suzy said and glanced at Min. "What did Wooyoung told you the last time when he talked to you privately before going home?"

 

Ji Eun blushed and doesn't know what to do. 

 

"That's foul! What will he tell me?"

 

"That's why we're asking you and answer us truthfully." Min replied.

 

Ji Eun wasn't able to answer. Suzy spoke again. "We're friends, right? There should be no secret between us."

 

Ji Eun took a deep breath and said, "He wanted him to be my at the JS Prom."

 

The two girls shouted, while So Eun smiled looking at Ji Eun who lowered her head. They know that she has a crush on Wooyoung but they didn't know that Wooyoung feels the same way. She can't help but feel jealous at her friend at least her crush has a crush on her too. And who knows, they might be a couple now.

 

They played a couple times already but it was always the three who got the consequences. They spin it one more time until it was pointed at So Eun.

 

"Finally!" Ji Eun clapped her hands in delight. "I thought you were using psychokinesis at the bottle."

 

"I'll think of the consequence. I'll think of a hard consequence." Suzy said, grinning and turned to So Eun, "Truth or dare?"

 

"Dare." So Eun smiled at them. What consequence will they give her when all of them were already given to her friends?

 

Suzy thinks for a while. And suddenly an idea came into her mind. "Go out of the building and kiss the first guy you will see."

 

"What?!" So Eun asked in disbelief. "What if I see the school's janitor? I saw him a while ago outside."

 

"Then, kiss him."

 

"That's right, So Eun. We were all sports in our turn." 

 

"Hmp..." She hesitantly stood up and with heavy footsteps walked outside the building.

 

"Oppss... No cheating. We're going to peek." the three girls shouted and stood up to follow her.

 

So Eun was already outside and she can't see any people. She hoped no one will pass by and that their janitor already went home.

 

The three who were peeking at So Eun suddenly stood there frozen when they saw the first person who passes by.

 

"Omo! I wish I was the one who got the consequence." Min said.

 

"Sshh- Be quiet and let's hide." Suzy hushed.
 


So Eun got shocked when she saw the person coming... Lee Junho.

 

"Junho!" She blurted out. Her heart was beating so fast. Of all people in the world, why must it be him? 

 

"Oh! So Eun-ah! It seems like you see a ghost?" Junho asked and scrunched his forehead when she saw So Eun looking so anxious.

 

So Eun didn't know what to do. She looked at the three in the building, they gave her sign to follow the consequence and hide again. Junho followed where she was looking.

 

"Is that Ji Eun and the girls? Are you done decorating?"

 

She nodded nervously. "Are you done with your practice?"

 

"Yup, I was the only one left. Why?"

 

She looked at the girls one more time. They wanted her to do the consequence while she wanted to cry. How will she do this?

 

"So Eun-ah, what's wrong?" Junho asked again and once more scrunched his forehead. "Is there a problem?"

 

"Ahhhmmmm... Junho, we are playing truth or dare. A-and I was about to do the consequence."

 

"Jjinja?! What is the consequence for you?" 

 

So Eun lowered her head, took a deep breath and hesitantly looked at him. "To... To... Kiss you... Rather... To kiss the first guy who pass by here." 

 

Junho didn't answer. He looked at her and smiled.

 

"Jeongmal?! Well, I'm glad I was the one who passed by." He glanced at the girls inside, they suddenly hide. "Can't you back out? Is there other way not to do it?" Junho asked in amusement.

 

She shook her head. "They were all sport when it was their turn." she answered softly. They became silent for a few seconds.

 

Suddenly, So Eun's eyes sparkled and looked at him again.

 

"There's a way!" She said. Junho raised his eyebrow. "I'll just say that you don't want to participate... that you don't like me to kiss you. Yes, that's it!"

 

Junho stared at her and it was the first time he really looked at her. She was standing in front of her. Shy and pretty. She’s young and fresh.

 

"Ya. You've been quiet. And why are you staring at me?"

 

"Because I want you to kiss me" Junho replied.

 

"Mwoh?!" So Eun blurted in disbelief. Did she hear it right?

 

"You said that they've been very sport in their parts. Why can't you? And were you suppose to kiss me at sight? The mere fact that you were telling me this, you are already cheating. And now you want to avoid it. You can't cheat, can you?" Junho pointed out, smiling.

 

"But... but..." she can't find the words she wanted to say. Her body was frozen. "You're j-joking, right?"

 

"I've never been serious in my whole life. Besides, it's just a game. Be sport."

 

So Eun can't utter a word. She stood there frozen. Her eyes grew bigger and swallowed hard when Junho held her chin up.

 

"This is already cheating, you know? You were supposed to kiss me, not the other way around." He whispered and slowly lowered his head like a slow motion towards her lips.

 

She wanted to step backward and avoid it but she stood there like a statue.

 

When he touched her lips, she closed her eyes on instinct. And he gave her the softest and gentlest kiss ever.

 

Afterwards, he slowly let go of her lips that she even parted it a little. When she opened her eyes she looked at Junho, confused. She saw that he scrunched his forehead. She doesn't understand his expression, but it was so sudden because he smiled at her.

 

"So, there, mission accomplished." He said casually with his ears turning red.

 

So Eun's eyes sparkled and tears started to form her eyes. She blinked the mists away and swallowed hard.

 

"There's no need to be misty-eyed. I just gave you my fastest kiss on record," he said softly but she can detect the amusement on his voice. 

 

She took a step backward and turned to run back inside the building. When she reached inside, she heard her friends' cheers. 

 

"Oh em gee! I wish that the consequence was mine. How does it feel?" Min asked pouting in jealousy.

 

Her heart was still beating so fast. She doesn't know if it's because of the kiss or from running.

 

"That was somewhat unforgettable! It's like a fairy tale." Ji Eun commented with her palms clutched under her small chin while staring at the ceiling.

 

"Yeah, you were so lucky. It was like watching a movie. Like Romeo to Juliet. It was so romantic." Min dreamily said.

 

So Eun sighed deeply. "Girls, it was nothing. Yeah, he kissed me but how can it be so romantic when we did it because of a game?" She seriously said. She walked towards the center and slumped to the floor.

 

Ji Eun and Min looked at each other and shrugged their shoulder but followed her. While Suzy who was still standing in front of her like an old lady with her hands on her hips wondered, "You know what, you're the only one who never had a boy friend nor experienced dating."

 

"It doesn't matter I'm not interested to anyone anyway." So Eun got back to her senses and acted as if what happened was nothing but her heart still thumping through her chest. Can a kiss be really so electrifying?

 

*******************************

A/N2:

So, they had their first kiss already. Part 2 of the flashback is coming soon. Comments are appreciated.

Thanks for reading.