Chapter 1

BE WITH YOU

 

CHAPTER 1

 

2012, New York, USA

So Eun was looking out the window. Snow’s falling. Covering the roads and even their windows. Christmas is almost coming and it’s really freezing outside. Snow is not unusual to her for she experienced it back home, in Seoul. But what she misses most is her parents. They were able to convince her to celebrate holidays in Seoul. She was hesitating at first but because of a new and big Korean client, she agreed. With her partner, they will go home the day after tomorrow.

It’s been six years since she came to this foreign land. It was not an easy road. Travelling alone, language barrier and having no friends at all, it was harder than she thought. But during those hardships, she met a friend and fellow Korean, Kim Ki Bum or Key (as he would like to be called). With the same dreams and goals, they gradually became successful and were able to have their own boutique. With that she is thankful that she met Key who helped her a lot during those times that she needs someone. It was Key stayed beside her. She didn’t keep anything keep anything from him; he knows everything about what she went through. It was because of him that she was able to stand up again and continued with her life. She was thankful to him for always being there for her.

“Hmmmm… It seems like you were reminiscing again.” Key said, crossing his arms and leaning on the wall.

So Eun turned to him. “Yes. But I was reminiscing the times we were always together.” She smiled at him.

“Omo! Don’t tell me, you’re already falling in love with me?” He asked looking disgusted.

So Eun laughed at him and continued, “And what is wrong with that? It’s only normal for woman to fall in love with a MAN like you. Besides people thought you are my boyfriend.”

In a more disgusted face, Key answered her, “That would never happen. Ewwwww… So Eun-ah, don’t ever say that. Puh-lease, I’m having goosebumps. People will think that I’m a lesbian.”

So Eun laughed at her friend’s antics. He is more feminine than her. Yes, Key is gay, so it’s impossible for him to fall in love with her.

“Are you sure that you were reminiscing about us? Not the guy you left somewhere in Seoul?” Key asked teasingly.

So Eun looked at him and asked him in disbelief, “How on earth he came out in our conversation?”

Key raised his brow, “Darlin’ I know you so well. So, you can’t lie to me. I know that he is still in your heart and you still love him after all these years.” And when she was about to opposed what he said, Key cut her off, “Don’t you dare deny it. Why don’t you find him in Seoul and tell him everything because he has the right to know.”

“There’s no need to find and tell him everything. I don’t need him in my life, anyway. I’m happy and contented now.” She answered firmly.

Her reply made Key raised his brow again and asked, “Are you trying to convince me or yourself?”

She didn’t answer.

“Him…” She sighed. Key always reminded her of him every time they talk. It’s been six years since that fateful day, when he broke her heart, when she had to leave home to move on. That fateful day when she thought she would die. But because of it too that she was able to live again. She needed to live not only for herself. And she did.

Just a thought of him bring back many memories. Happy and good. Sad and bad. And he gave her best gift in the whole world.

------

 

A/N: Junho will be in the next chapter. Thanks everyone!