Chapter 6

BE WITH YOU

 

Chapter 6

 

 



So Eun let Key drove her car this time on their way home. She leaned back, resting her head while her eyes were closed. He didn't say anything and let her rest first. The car was resonant with silence for minutes until So Eun opened her eyes.
 


Key began to speak, "It's HIM, right? The guy from your past.."
 


So Eun sighed and said, "Of all people, why it has to be him? Why do I need to meet him again? And damn! Why do I need to face him and work with him every day?" she stared at Key with so much fear and pain in her eyes. "What if he finds out everything? What will I do? You know it’s the only one that keeps me alive." So Eun blurted and suddenly cried. Seeing her cry, Key stopped the car and hugged her.

 

"Shhhh... It's gonna be alright." he let her poured out and hushed her. After So Eun calmed down, Key asked if she still wanted to continue working for them and even made her choose if she wanted to stay or just go back to New York. But So Eun refused, "No. We already started it. I don't want to create a mess and to disappoint Mr. Park. Let's get it done as soon as we can, so we can go back and have my life again." 
 


Key cleared his throat and asked her, "If I'm not mistaken, what if he feels the same way and chase you again?" 
 


"That's impossible"



"Darlin', sometimes a person cannot see what the other person feels in return. Most of the time, only the eyes around them can figure out what they truly feel inside. By the way he acted while you were around I can feel that he's hiding something. You'll never know." he explained.
 


What Key said made her think. But she suddenly shook off the idea because just like what she believed in, it's really impossible.
 


"Are you okay now? Can we go home now?"
 


So Eun nodded and Key drove off.
 


 

 

--
 

 

 

 
2PM Entertainment




After So Eun and Key left, Junho headed straight to his office and seated at his swivel chair. Folders filled with papers, documents and important files are piled up on his table. He placed them at the counter on his side without looking at its content and his MacBook to check new emails. A little later, he remembered some of the undone works he left for the meeting. He pressed the intercom and asked her secretary to come to his office.

 

He heard a knock on his door and saw his secretary came in. 

 

"Ms. Han, where are the documents that I need to sign? And the files to be reviewed?" he asked peeking at the door behind his laptop and set his eyes back on its screen.

 

"Sir, I've already brought it here and placed them on your table." Ms. Han gave a confused look at Junho.
 


He looked away from his laptop's screen and turned his head to the next counter beside his table. The secretary followed where he stared and said, "Omo! I didn't put it there and left it here." she even tapped the table.

 

"It's ok! You can go back to your work. Thank you" His secretary left him without saying any more words to his work-a-holic boss. 

 

The thought that he didn't even notice the documents on his table and that he is starting to lose his focus agitated Junho. That was not totally HIM who is sitting inside his office and trying to preoccupy his self. 

 

He took back the documents and started reviewing it but doesn't understand anything at all. 

 

"Aish, Lee Junho!" he let out a deep sigh and put down the documents and massaged his temple. "Why it has to be her? Why did she come back and started messing with my head?" he thought silently leaning on his swivel chair with his eyes closed. 

 

 

"Ya! Ya! Ya!" Daegu grandpa's voice echoed on his ears.

 

Junho opened his eyes and saw his five friends scattered around his office. He inquired with annoyance on his voice, "What are you doing here? Don't you know how to knock?"

 

"Junho-ya, tsk tsk tsk! Didn't you hear us knocking? Aigo! Maybe you're thinking was too profound that you didn't even hear us." Taecyeon seated on his table while scanning the documents. "What were you thinking about?"

 

Chansung whose mouth is busy gobbling his banana interjected, "Or should we ask WHO were you thinking?" and grinned.

 

"Taecyeon Hyeong, why are you sitting on my table? Is that a chair?" Junho asked feeling so irritated. He stood up and snatched the documents from Taecyeon's hands who smirked while getting off the emperor's table. "I'm asking what are you guys doing here?" then he glanced at Nichkhun and Wooyoung who were sitting prettily on the two single couches.

 

"We thought that maybe you need someone to talk to" Nichkhun answered. When Junho was about to protest, he cut him off and continued, "Junho-ya, we've been friends since high school. You don't need to pretend and keep everything from us."

 

Junho sat back on his swivel chair and breathed deeply, "I don't know why I'm being like this." 
 


"We all know the reason why you're being like that. Babo ya, you're the only one who's clueless. Of course, it's because of her." Wooyoung cleared out.
 


"Are you bothered because of what you've heard? Or because of her presence" Minjun asked worriedly.

 

Junho loooked at them helplessly and feeling quite unsure.
 


Taecyeon walked towards him and patted his shoulder, "Junho-ya, I know it's not that simple but the only way left is to talk to her."

 

"You know what, no matter how hard you pretend to be ok, we all know that you're really not ok. And we also know that even after many years had passed, So Eun is still in your heart." Chansung spoke out, seriously for the first time.

 

"He's right. Junho-ya, everything happens for a reason. Maybe seeing her again could answer all your questions. It's either fate wants you to get back together or it's time for you to finally let her go and move on." Nichkhun added.

 

 

What his friends said were right. But is he really ready to let her go? 

***********