Chapter 11

BE WITH YOU

 

A/N: Here is another chapter for all of you. Enjoy!

 

*******

 

 

Chapter 11

 

(Saturday Morning)

 

"Good morning, Eomma! Good morning Halmoni! Good morning Uncle Key! Good morning Ms. Choi!" Yun Jae greeted when he got down. He was still wearing his pair of pajamas. 

 

"Aigo! Looks like my grandson had a good night sleep." Mrs. Kim said.

 

"Ne, Halmoni! I met new friends yesterday." he answered excitedly.

 

"Really? That's great. You're going to have new play mates." his grandmother said.

 

"But they're not my age Halmoni." 

 

"Honey, I made you egg rolls. Why don't you sit here so we can start eating?" So Eun butted in. She looked away from her Mother's eyes meaningful stare and continued, "Anyway, I can't eat lunch with you later because Mom's going to meet her friends."

 

"Are you going to meet my Uncles?" he asked as he gobbled on his food.

 

"No. This time, I'm going to meet with my girl friends. Promise to be a good boy?" So Eun pinched his nose again.

 

Yun Jae pouted and asked, "Eomma, when will I see them again? Can I come with you at work?"

 

So Eun cupped his chin with her hand and said, "Yun Jae-ah, you can't go at my work place to disturb your Uncles. Anyway, you'll soon meet your Aunts. Just finish eating your breakfast."

 

Once again, Mrs. Kim gave So Eun a meaningful glare. Key noticed it and butted in, "Auntie, I'll leave with So Eun after breakfast too. I need to go to the office." 

 

"Okay. What time are you two coming back?" She asked.

 

"I don't know, Eomma. Maybe before dinner" So Eun replied and turned to Yun Jae, "Honey, Mom's gonna take a bath now. Finish your breakfast and make sure you won't give Halmoni and Ms. Choi a headache. Okay?" She warned him and left the dining table.

 

Mrs. Kim followed So Eun at her room and asked, "What does Yun Jae mean and who are those uncles he was referring to?"

 

"Eomma, I didn't tell you that I am working at 2PM Entertainment." she said while preparing her clothes.

 

"What? 2PM Entertainment? The company where Lee Junho is one of the owners?" she wondered.

 

"Ne, Eomma."

 

"Why did you accept working for him?" 

 

"I had no idea that I'll be working for him, Eomma. And when I found out I just can't abandon it." she explained. "And he saw Yun Jae yesterday" her voice trembled.

 

"Did you tell him?" 

 

So Eun's eyes bulged, "Eomma, are you kidding? I don't have a plan to tell him." 

 

"Don't you think it's time that you let him know? Yun Jae needs his father." 

 

"I can take full responsibility for him and besides we're going back to New York anytime soon." 

 

Mrs. Kim took a deep breath and said, "It's up to you. But I'm telling you, no secrets can be kept forever. It's better that you tell him soon. Your son is very smart besides he is now starting to look for his father." her mother said and went out of her room.

 

So Eun started to think. Her mother is right but what can she do? She's not ready for it. Yun Jae is smart so she knows that he will understand her.

 

She sighed deeply and went inside the bathroom.

--

Ji Eun's house

 

 

So Eun arrived at Ji Eun's house. The girls were already there.

 

 

They started to browse at the catalogues and designs for Ji Eun and Wooyoung's wedding. When Suzy suddenly blurted out, "So Eun-ah, let's do this later. You need to tell us what happened to you."

 

 

Min and Ji Eun looked at So Eun and waited for her explanation.

 

 

So Eun knew this was coming. She took a deep a breath and started to tell them everything. After her story, the others remained silent.

 

 

"That was what Wooyoung was telling me last night. I didn't believe him and I told him that I'll talk to you." Ji Eun stated.

 

 

So Eun nodded. "Yes, he met Yun Jae yesterday." she started to sob. "It was the first time I saw Yun Jae that happy. In his whole life, he never had experienced that. It was always been Key and his hareboji who act like his father. And when I saw them together, holding hands, I felt like I'm a selfish mother. I wanted to tell Yun Jae but I'm so scared at what will Junho do if he finds out." tears started to fall.

 

 

"So, what's your plan now?" Min asked.

 

"I don't know. Part of me wanted to tell them the truth for Yun Jae." 

 

"Do you still love him?" Suzy asked meaningfully.

 

So Eun paused for a while. The girls patiently waited for her to answer.

 

After a while, she spoke again, "I thought that by leaving, I would forget him. But I was wrong, every time I looked at Yun Jae, he reminds me so much of his father. And when I first saw Junho again after six years, everything just went back. And now, I don't know how will I face Junho, especially that he finally saw our son." she wiped the tears on her cheeks.

 

"What if Junho still feels the same? That he still loves you? Will you accept him?" Min suddenly asked her.

 

So Eun became silent again. It never crossed her mind. She doesn't thought about it. 

 

"It's not important anymore. Yun Jae is my priority now."

 

The girls went around her and hugged her tightly. They also didn't know what to advice her. It will be her decision alone.

--

LEE'S RESIDENCE


 

"Oh! You wake up early." Mrs. Lee exclaimed Junho when she saw him entering the kitchen.

 

"Good morning Eomma!" he kissed her on the right cheek. His mom was making breakfast for him. 

 

"I guess you didn't sleep well. Maybe you're not used to your old bed" his mother implied.

 

"It's not like that, Eomma." Junho sat on the stool bar while watching her mom cooking egg roll for him.

 

"Alright, Mr. Lee, I forgot that you used to get up early because of work. But I'm sure you were not having a proper breakfast. Why don't you wait for me at the dining so we can eat?" told his mother.

 

"Where's Appa?" he asked.

 

"He's coming. He'll be off for work." his mom answered.

 

"Okay!" then he headed to the dining excitedly. This would be the first time he'll eat together with his parents after so long. 

 

Breakfast is ready. Mr. and Mrs. Lee have settled theirselves and so does Junho. 

 

"Good morning, Appa!" Juno greeted his father who's ready for work.

 

"It's been a long time, son. I'm glad to see you. Now I know why your Mom cooked breakfast today." he teases Mrs. Lee and turned to him, "So, how's work?"

 

"Just like you Appa, I've always been busy." his dad chuckled by the way he answers. Mr. Lee was really happy to see his grown up son. Ever since, Junho never disappointed his father and had always been the best son.

 

"Should I thank Mr. Park for helping you learn a lot?" he joked.

 

Instead of Junho, his mother answered his father and said, "Aigoo! You two stop talking about work. Let's start eating."

 

His father chortled at his mother. Even though he has been away from home for a long time, their closeness didn't change. During breakfast, they talked a lot about anything including work, of course. That breakfast became their bonding time. And during that time, being unaware he thought about Yun Jae.

 

After finishing, his dad left for work while Mrs. Lee helped their maid clean up the dining table. 

 

Junho chose to take a rest at the living room and switched on the television. He sat at the sofa and leaned his back. Watching a gag show early that morning, filled their living room with his laughter. Then, he saw a picture on the display cabinet beside the television's stand. He stood up to get it and returned to the sofa.

 

He stared at the child on it with squinted eyes. 

 

"That was you when you were still five." his mother suddenly came and sat beside him then stared at the picture on a frame he was holding.

 

"Look at you… I thought you'd become a musician or what way back then since you can't let go of that drumstick you were holding in that picture when you were young." she added.

 

He was blankly staring at it with his pounding heart. "My picture when I was five?" he mumbled. 

 

Mrs. Lee heard him and asked, "Yeah. You couldn't believe at how you look like? Aigo!"

 

"No, Eomma." he said shortly and remembered what Taecyeon blurted out that day he met Yun Jae.

 

"You have the same eyes with that Ahjussi."  he thought.

 

 

Taecyeon was referring to him that time but he didn't mind not until he found out that the kid was So Eun's son. 

 

Yun Jae looks exactly the same as him. And his childhood picture proves it. His heart pounded faster and louder this time. "Yun Jae's five years old. Could it be?"

 

 

His thoughts were interrupted by his mother who asked, "Anyway, I heard from Mrs. Kim that So Eun came back from New York. I was really surprised but I'd be glad to see that adorable girl again. I wonder how does she look like now. Maybe her feature has changed and I guess she's prettier."

 

 

But Junho wasn't paying attention to his mother. "Obviously, Key isn't his father. And six years ago…" he cut his thoughts and rushed to his room.

 

 

"Omo! Junho-ya, I'm still talking to you." Mrs. Lee yelled.

 

 

"I'll be out for a while, Eomma." he yelled back.

 

 

His mother just shook her head. "Aigoo this child!"

 

 

After spending an hour of fixing his self, he hurriedly went out and got in his car. His mother followed out and asked, "Are you going back to your condo? Or are you coming back here?" she asked and she's a bit worried about his son's action.

 

 

"I don't know, Eomma." his voice shake. His body was trembling and panic started attacking him.

 

 

"Junho-ya, what's happening to you?" she asked anxiously. This was the first time she saw her son like that and she felt like something's bothering him.


 

 

"I'll tell you later Eomma. Bye!" he said. 

 

 

"Okay. Drive safely!" his mother waved at him then he drive off.

 

 

Junho stopped his car right in front of the KIM's house that was just blocks away from their house. It's eleven in the morning. He gained all his strength a while ago while fixing his self. Though he was still unsure, Junho wants to get an answer for a question that's haunting and clouding up his mind. If it's not what he expected it to be, then that would be fine. But right now, he really needs to find out.

 

 

He hopped off his car and stood there for a while. He breathed in and out then finally pressed the door bell. Nobody's opening it for about ten minutes. He pressed it again. This time, the gate was opened by Mrs. Kim.

 

 

"Oh! Junho-ya, what are you doing here?" Mrs. Kim asked. She didn't want to open the gate for him at first when she saw him at the monitor but opened it anyway.

 

 

"Annyeong haseyo Auntie. Is So Eun there?" he asked with all his nerves shaking.

 

"I'm sorry but she left early this morning. Is there anything you want to tell her?" she asked and glared at him. She felt like something's going to happen.

 

 

"I wanted to talk to her. I really need to talk to her Aunt." Junho told him politely. He hasn't face Mrs. Kim for a long time. He doesn't want to be rude in front of her that's why he didn't insist of getting inside the house.

 

 

But Yun Jae went out and called out after seeing him, "Oh! Uncle Junho!" he walked towards them and stood beside his grandmother. "Did you come to visit me?" he asked cutely. 

 

 

"Yun Jae-ah, why don't you get in? Halmoni's going to talk to him first." Mrs. Kim turned to Yun Jae. This is what she was talking about and it's really happening now.

 

 

"Halmoni, he's the one I'm telling you. He's my new friend. Please let him in?" pleaded Yun Jae. He clasped his hands together under his chin and pouted at his grandmother who couldn't refuse. "Please? I want to have lunch with him."

 

 

Mrs. Kim sighed and gave in to his grandson's favor. She let Junho in. Yun Jae held his hand and dragged him in excitedly.

 

 

Junho wandered his eyes around the Kim's house. He saw how bright the atmosphere in there. It's the first time he stepped in there. Way back, even though he was So Eun's boyfriend, he never had the chance to get in as her boyfriend. He knew Mrs. Kim since his parents were close with his'.

 

 

He sat on the sofa at the living room feeling uncomfortable. He even rubbed his palms on his lap. 

 

 

"What brought you here?" Mrs. Kim asked while handing him a glass of water. "I heard my daughter's been working at your company. Is there a problem?" She then sat beside him inches away.

 

 

It was awkward. But he calmed down his nerves. Then Yun Jae came in, "Uncle Junho, let's eat lunch together. Halmoni's going to make me my favorite Spicy Braised Chicken and Potatoes."

 

 

"But she will not make it spicy because I hate spicy foods." he whispered. Junho ruffled his head and said, "Sure! That's Uncle's favorite too."

 

 

Mrs. Kim stared at the two. They seemed too comfortable at each other. Her heart aches a little upon seeing how happy her grandson is right now. "Yun Jae-ah, take care of your Uncle Junho. I'll prepare our lunch."

 

 

"Ne, Halmoni!" he exclaimed in an excited tone then sat at Junho's lap and he was startled at Yun Jae's sudden action. But he held him carefully and smiled.

 

 

"Why are you so excited?" Junho asked.

 

 

Yun Jae tilted his head. Junho could see the side view of his face now. "Uncle, this is my first time sitting on someone esle's lap. Since I don't know who my father is, I never knew this kind of feeling. My grandpa used to carry and piggy back me likewise with Uncle Key. While Mom, she would always carry and hug and kiss me. And you were the first Uncle to visit me."

 

"Nobody did this to you? Even when you were in New York?" he curiously asked and his heart was sort of exploding inside.

 

 

"No one. I would just stay at home with Ms. Choi while Mom's at her work. That's why when you helped me at the airport; I couldn't forget about you, Uncle. That was the first time someone else' helped me ped my pants which Ms. Choi would usually do for me. In New York, I've seen a lot of kids my age with their father in that way. And when I met you and after you did that thing for me I really wished to see you again." he explained smiling an eye-smile.

 

He doesn't know his father…

 

 

Junho couldn't explain what exactly was he feeling that moment. He was frozen not until Mrs. Kim called them, "Yun Jae-ah, lunch is ready! Why don't you take Uncle Junho here?"

 

 

Yun Jae jumped off his lap and held his hand. He helped him got up and pulled him over to the dining area.

 

 

"Unlce Junho, please sit beside me." Yun Jae said while settling his self at his seat but he was too short so Junho carried him up to the chair.

 

 

Junho settled his self. He hasn't spoken a word after hearing what Yun Jae had said. Mrs. Kim handed him the dish, he took it then bowed his head to thank her. She smiled in return.

 

 

"Halmoni!" Yun Jae blurted. 

 

 

"Ne?" she asked filling his bowl with rice and braised chicken and potatoes on top.

 

 

"Thank you Halmoni, for letting Uncle Junho in and for letting him eat with me. He told me that this is his favorite dish too." he smiled wider then ate excitedly.

 

 

Mrs. Kim smiled worriedly at his grandson. By the way he acts, he looks so happy. She finally witnessed Yun Jae's happiness drawn on his face. It was the first time she saw him that way and it pinches her heart.

 

 

Junho stopped chewing his food after hearing what Yun Jae told his grandmother. His eyes didn't want to look away from the kid beside him. The kid was excited, eating happily and in an unexplainable reason he felt the same way too.

 

 

After their lunch, Yun Jae asked his uncle Junho to play with him. He didn't refuse and went out to their yard to play. Then they exchanged stories. He found out that So Eun hadn't been into a relationship when they were in New York. And sometimes at night he would see her crying alone. With that, Yun Jae promised himself not to be a burden for his mom. While Junho, told him about his work and his daily routine. Nothing really special. After some time, they played again.

 

They were now sitting on a wooden bench and taking a rest after playing.

 

 

"Uncle Junho, do you have a girlfriend?" Yun Jae wondered. He stared at the man in front of him and squited his smiling eyes.

 

 

Junho chuckled and answered, "I don't have one." 

 

 

Yun Jae looked at him from head to toe. "Really? But why? That's impossible." he implied.

 

 

"This kid.. Aigo!" he laughed harder. The anxiousness was gone. He felt elated at Yun Jae's wittiness.

 

"Are you waiting for someone, Uncle?" he pouted.

 

"What do you know about this kind of things? Yun Jae-ah, you're too young for this." Junho sat on the lawn so he can meet his face. Yun Jae just nodded while yawning. He laughed at the cute kid. 

 

Yun Jae who got tired from playing fell asleep. Just by looking at the sleeping child, all the tiredness and exhaustion were gone. He smiled and carried him.

 

"Aigoo! He must be tired. Give him to Ms. Choi, she'll take care of him." Mrs. Kim told Junho.

 

 

"No, it's okay Aunt. I'll bring him to his room." Junho insisted.

 

 

Mrs. Kim didn't refuse and asked Ms. Choi to lead Junho at Yun Jae's bedroom.

--


 

"So Eun-ah, just call us." Ji Eun reminded her. They were still worried about their friend. 

 

"Ne. Of course. Thanks for the comfort." she smiled from the window of her car.

 

 

"Ya, are you sure you're ok?" Suzy assured.

 

 

"Don't worry about me. Thanks again." she answered.

 

 

Min added, "You know, everything will be fine. Maybe not for now. But the right time will come. Just be patient" 

 

 

She smiled at them wholeheartedly. Somehow, she has someone else's back aside from Key and her parents and that gave a relief.

 

 

After hitting on the road, she went home by the afternoon. Her heart was racing but she doesn't know why. 

 

 

When she finally arrived, So Eun saw a familiar car in front of their house. Her eyes grew wider while her lips parted a little. Then, she hurriedly got off her car and rushed inside their house.

 

 

She saw her mother at the living room and noticed that she kept looking upstairs.

 

 

"Eomma, where's Yun Jae?" she asked while trembling. Her face turned red. The atmosphere became hotter even though it's cold and that triggered her anxiousness.

 

 

"He's already sleeping upstairs." Mrs. Kim responded. So Eun motioned to go upstairs but stopped when her mother told her that he's not alone. "Junho's with him. He played with your son then carried him upstairs when he fell asleep." 

 

 

So Eun seemed like she didn't hear a thing and walked towards the stairs but this time her mother stopped her. She grabbed her arm and brought her to the sofa. 

--


 

Junho watched the kid who was sleeping safe and soundly. Then he helped Ms. Choi to change his clothes. But he woke up by it.

 

He smiled after seeing Yun Jae smiled at him the moment he opened his eyes. But then, he realized that it's time to talk with Mrs. Kim about him since So Eun hasn't come home yet. He couldn't wait any longer. 

 

He stood up and told Yun Jae that he needed to go home now. Yun Jae pouted and sulked.

 

"Yun Jae-ah, I'll visit you more often. Don't be sad, okay?"

 

The kid didn't answer but instead he raised out his pinky finger at him and said, "Promise, Uncle?" 

 

Junho chuckled at him but crossed his pinky finger with his'. "Okay, Uncle has to go now. Be good."

 

"Uncle, though I don't want to see you leave I'll just come with you downstairs." he smiled at Yun Jae then held his hand.

--


 

"Why did you let him come and play with Yun Jae?" So Eun asked. She got misty eyes. "We talked about this, Eomma."

 

 

"So Eun-ah, I'm sorry for letting this happen. But, I saw how he made your son happy. He even thanked me for letting him eat with his father for the first time. I felt guilty about it. He didn't know anything. I saw how excited he was. I even heard him told Junho that it was the first time a guy like him ped his pants and let him sat on his lap. "

 

So Eun's tears run down her face at her Mother's words. It hurts her heart more than anyone else. "So Eun-ah, don't you think it's time?"

 

"But Omma, I'm scared on how he would react. I'm scared on what he could possibly do when he finds out." she cried her heart out.
 


Mrs. Kim came near her and hugged her. She patted her daughter's back then released her after and told her, "You know what sweetie, we all know how much you knew that Junho has the right to know about his son..."

 

 

"I have the right to know about my son?" a male's strong voice suddenly butted in. It was Junho. His hand was holding Yun Jae's hand.

 

"Eomma!" Yun Jae let go of Junho's hand and ran into his sobbing mother and asked, "What happened Eomma? Are you hurt somewhere?" 

 

So Eun wiped her tears and breathed in. Junho walked closer to them. He looked at Mrs. Kim then to So Eun with a jagged stare.

 

"Yeah. You heard it right, Junho." she stared at him stiffly and turned to Yun Jae, "Honey, you asked me about your father, remember?"

 

Yun Jae nodded. So Eun went upstairs and got back after a while and turned to Yun Jae, "Honey, six years ago, I fell in love with this guy. I used to love him so much that I gave him my everything." then So Eun pointed a guy on a picture at her palm. 

 

"Is this Uncle Junho? Omma, is he my Appa?" he wondered. So Eun glanced at Junho who stood

frozen beside Mrs. Kim. "Ne. Are you mad?" So Eun worriedly asked.

 

Yun Jae hugged her. "Eomma, I already saw that picture that's why when I first saw Uncle.." he cut off and glanced at his father then continued, "I thought to myself that he was the one I saw in that picture. From then, I wished to see him again." 

 

"I'm sorry if I didn't tell you anything. Mom's just scared you'd hate her." So Eun explained with so much pain her heart. Yun Jae hushed her then said, "Eomma, now isn't the time to cry. I may not understand everything but I knew how much you love me. I love you, Omma." he let go of his Mother's hug and walked near to Junho.

 

"Uncle!" he turned to his father, "Amm, Appa! Aren't you going to give me a hug?" Yun Jae asked him. Junho first gazed at So Eun then carried his son. He wrapped him on his arms so tightly, "Yun Jae-ah, my son." he exclaimed. "Sorry for not knowing about you and for not being with you in the past six years. I really couldn't believe that this is happening. Yun Jae son, do you know how happy Appa is right now?" 

 

"I don't know. Appa, are you still going to leave?" Yun Jae asked, his head was resting on his father's shoulder. 

 

"Yes, Appa has to leave. But I'll make it up with you. I promised you that I'll visit as often as I could. Remember?" Junho sincerely said. Embracing his son tightly, he wouldn't want to let go.

 

 

"I'll look forward to it." he said now looking at his father's face. He smiled at him.

 

 

"Yun Jae-ah, let's go upstairs." So Eun walked towards them. She took their son from Junho's arm. As she get him, their eyes met at the same time. But she took it back, "I have so much to explain. But I do hope you understand that I can't do it right now."

 

 

They were close to each other but Yun Jae was in between them. "I'll carry him for you." he said then stared at her. Her eyes tell him everything. So Eun let go, "Okay."

 

 

Junho carried his son up while So Eun followed them at their son's bedroom. 

 

 

"Yun Jae-ah, why don't you go back to sleep? You must be tired." Junho demanded his son. 

 

 

"I'm afraid you'll be gone when I wake up." He pouted. Junho chuckled at him. Finally, his heart burst out in joy. He was too happy and had forgotten how much he hated So Eun.

 

 

"Don't worry. I'll come here tomorrow. Right now, Appa really needs to go." he kissed him on the forehead. 

 

 

"Honey, be patient. Okay? Now, time to say goodbye to your Appa." she smiled and pinched him at his nose. He nodded and said, "Ne, Eomma." 

 

 

Then they both left Yun Jae's bedroom and went outside. So Eun came to her room across Yun Jae's then Junho followed her.

 

 

So Eun opened her closet and took out a photo album and a video camera. But when she turned around, Junho was there. He leaned his right elbow on the closet with his arm above her head. Then stretched his left arm to the closet and rested it there. So Eun was cornered by him and there was no way out. She wanted to scream but she couldn't. Junho draw closer to her. Then he lowered his face at her face's level and looked straight into her eyes. So Eun pursed her lips and darted her eyes away from his gaze.

 

 

"Why didn't you tell me?" Junho asked with a straight face. She returned his gaze with a fierce one.

 

 

"Because I don't need to." she retorted.

 

 

They were face to face and eyes to eyes. Junho chuckled and gave a smug smile, "But you know my son needs ME." his voice was a little harsh.

 

 

So Eun didn't answer and just raised a brow at him. He continued, "Let's make an agreement."

 

 

"Are you trying to tell me that you want to get custody of my son?" she asked with a worried look.

 

 

"OUR son. Is that what you want?" he moved closer to her again. So Eun tried to escape but she had no other way. Her heart skipped a beat so she stood there frozen.

 

 

"Are you scared?" he smiled in a teasing manner. 

 

 

So Eun seems like she returned to her senses so she tip toed at his level, and met his gaze with hers. Junho swallowed and felt his ears turned red, "Okay. Let's make an agreement." So Eun said.

 

 

Then he let go. He was baffled at her action. So Eun breathed out and past by him. "I'll let you do what you want. But don't ever try to take him away from me. Yun Jae is my life." her voice trailed off as she handed him their son's photo album.

 

 

"What made you think that I'll take him away from you?" Junho lowered his voice and started browsing the album.

 

 

She didn't give him a response. And just let him browse at Yun Jae's pictures.

 

 

"So Eun-ah, your staff from New York called. I already answered it. I told her that you'll call her back. Am I intruding?" Mrs. Key suddenly barged in handing out So Eun's phone.

 

 

"Not really, Eomma. Junho will go home now. Please send him off; I'll go check Yun Jae on his bedroom." So Eun fobbed off then went out.

 

"You look exactly like your son." Mrs. Kim said whole heartedly as they went down.
 

 


Mrs. Kim told him everything that happened to So Eun especially when she found out that she was pregnant. She told him that her father got disappointed since she's the only child. And just like her father So Eun had so many dreams way back then. But they didn't let her carry Yun Jae alone. Mrs. Kim stayed by her side in New York for nine months and brought her at the hospital when she gave birth to Yun Jae. She even told him that So Eun continued her studies after giving birth, to make her dreams come true. The whole six years had been hard for her and for Yun Jae. However, So Eun did and gave everything to support him because she doesn't want to ask for her parents' help. 

 

 

Junho was listening to Mrs. Kim while looking at the pictures of Yun Jae. Inside, there was a picture of So Eun while she was pregnant and all of the ultrasound and check up that she went through while pregnant, Yun Jae's umbilical cord. There were also pictures of all of Yun Jae's firsts... First smile, first hair cut, first nail cut, first walk, first birthday. And there was also a video cam. He turned it on and he watched the recorded moments of Yun Jae. There he saw and heard Yun Jae when he say his first word, when he called So Eun Mom. Happiness was written all over So Eun's face upon hearing their son called her. 

 

 

So Eun captured every moments in their son's life that though he was not present physically, he felt like he was part of it. His chest was constricting in controlled emotions and he felt his eyes became watery. 

 

 

Before he embarrassed his self in front of Mrs. Kim, he politely bid his goodbye and he told her that he would bring the album and cam with him and he will comeback. 

--


 

Junho stayed in his car for a moment and tried to calm his nerve. He pulled out his mobile phone inside his pocket and called someone...

 

 

"Hyeong, can you please call the others and tell them to come at my place?" he said in a trembling voice.

 

 

Nichkhun, on the other line was worried upon hearing him, "Junho-yah, what happened?"

 

 

"I can't talk right now, Hyeong. Let us meet at my place." 

 

 

"Alright, we'll be there in half an hour. See you later." he ended the call.

 

 

He sighed deeply as he grabbed tightly at the steering wheel as if his life depends on it. He breathes deeply as he started his engine and drove off to his place.

--

He arrived at his place. It was very quiet, he went to his kitchen and opened the door of the fridge. He took out cans of beer inside and seated at the couch of his living room as he waited for his friends. He opened a can and gulped half of it. After a while he didn't notice that he already drank two cans of beer. He was about to open another can when he heard the doorbell. 


 

He stood up and opened the door notwithstanding the little strength left on him. As it opened, he leaned his body to fight the urge of totally losing his strength.

 

 

But upon seeing his friends, he almost broke down and Chansung who was in front was percipient motioned to catch their buddy. He drape Junho's arm over his shoulder. 
Taecyeon went to the other side and helped Chansung to guide him back to his sofa.


 

 

"What exactly happened?" Minjun asked as he seated on the couch.

 

 

They noticed the empty cans and glanced at each other. He was not on his usual self and they could tell it in just one look. 

 

 

He was blatantly staring at nothing then began to speak, "Hyeong, my hunch was right. He's my son." 

 

 

No one dared to speak after seeing him cover his face with his palms and shoulders' were shaking. Nichkhun who was sitting beside him, patted his back and let him pour out his emotions. 

 

 

He tried to calm his nerve. Then he took the can of beer and drank it, it was almost empty. After a while he spoke again, "Yun Jae is my son." he started. "It took me a while to realize it, but when he called me Appa... It was mixed emotions. I'm happy and overwhelmed knowing that he is my son but at the same, I wanted to hate So Eun for keeping it from me and for taking him away from me. Because of that I wasn't able to witness the first five years of his life." he took a deep breath. And continued, "But because of these..." he handed them the album and cam, "I saw how our son grew up well and how she was able to raise Yun Jae alone. I felt guilty that all these years, I just hated her for leaving me not knowing what she went through."

 

 

Junho sat in a pensive mood. With this, Woooyoung shook his head and communicate with the rest through his eyes. But no one had any idea and they don't know what to do. 

 

 

Nichkhun spoke for the first time and asked, "So what's your plan?" 

 

 

"Of course I have to make it up with my son for the lost times." he sighed heavily. 

 

 

"Are you going to fight for the custody?" Taecyeon interfere.

 

 

"She told me that Yun Jae is her life and I felt a shot right through my heart." he answered. "I don't want to hurt her by taking away our son from her. Besides, it's not only Yun Jae that I want. I want her back in my life again, but how would I do that?"

 

 

"Why don't you start all over?" Wooyoung suggested.

 

 

Junho took another can and gulped in, "What if she refuses? It's not that easy."

 

 

"You'll never know if you wouldn't give a try." Nichkhun commented.

 

He stared at them with his misty eyes. Tears were forming again but he stopped it and informed them that So Eun and him will talk about their agreement about their son. They all agreed with it and reminded him that no matter what happens, Junho has their backs and that they will help him in ways that they could.

 

"I'm scared. Things will never been like before." he cooed. 

 

After giving him some time to reflect and calm down. They finally decided to send him home to his mother. They don't want to leave him alone and knew that he needed someone to make him understand everything.

 

"I'll drive him home." Minjun suggested.

 

 

"Alright, I'll bring his car.. Channie, come with me." Nichkhun and turned to Minjun, "Let's meet there."

--

LEE'S RESIDENCE


 

Mrs. Lee was surprised to see her son in that manner. And was surprised seeing his friends with him. It's been a while since she saw them. But she didn't have the chance to entertain them because she was worried for his son.

 

Nichkhun and Chansung carried Junho who was half conscious up to his room. However, Mrs. Lee couldn't help but ask them what happened.

 

 

"Annyeong haseyo, Auntie." They politely greeted Junho's mom.

 

 

"What happened to him?" Mrs. Lee asked worriedly.

 

 

"Auntie, Junho is going through a hard time but I guess it's better if you talk to him." Nichkhun explained. 

 

 

"We're going to leave now, Auntie. Just let us know if anything happen." Chansung said and bid goodbye. 

Mrs.Lee send them off and went back to his son's room. She knew since last night that there was something bothering him. When she entered his room, she saw him curled up on top of his bed. He was still awake. She walked towards him and sat down at the edge of his bed. She softly asked, "Son, Eomma is here. Can you tell me now what is bothering you? I'm really worried about you."


 

"Eomma..." Junho called him and laid his head on the lap of his mother.

 

His mother his hair, "Yes, son."

 

In a trembling voice he answered, "Eomma, I have a five year old son and I just knew him a while ago."

 

Mrs. Lee was shocked but didn't say a word. She wanted Junho to talk about it.

 

 

"When I saw him for the first time, there was a loud beating in my heart. And I was so confused. I didn't know why I felt like that but when I learned that he is my son, all the doubts were gone."

 

 

"And your son's mother is So Eun-ah, am I right?" Mrs. Lee guessed. She felt it after seeing the photo Junho left on his bed just this morning.

 

 

He nodded but still lying on her lap. Mrs. Lee continued, "This is a little confusing. Did she leave after learning that she was carrying your son? Or she still had any other reason."

 

 

He closed his eyes and he answered, "Eomma, I thought that she'd wait for me back then. But I really don't understand why she had to leave."

 

 

Mrs. Lee patted his head and smiled. She had always wanted So Eun even before. And the moment Junho told her about their relationship that they were trying to keep, she instantly felt happy. Mrs. Lee thought it was awesome but felt sad for his son when he found out that she had gone overseas without letting him know. She got worried but Junho didn't say anything at all. 

 

Right at this moment, she was grateful at So Eun since it was the first time her son opened up and talked to her about his true feelings. "I can feel how much you still long for her. You know what son? They say that sometimes, people come back in our life for a reason. Perhaps the first time wasn't the right time but the second time is meant to be."

 

"I'm scared that it's not meant to happen. She has changed. She's not the girl I used to know." he asked.

 

Mrs. Lee chuckled, "But she's everything you ever wanted. Junho-ya, without effort, fate is useless. Oh well, it does not matter whatever her reason was, for leaving. What's important right now is your son." his mother said. "What's his name?"

 

"Yun Jae." he whispered with a smile.

 

 

"Yun Jae. I wonder when I could meet him". Mrs. Lee said in an exciting tone.

 

 

"We still have to settle our agreement. But I'll be glad if you'll meet him. I'm certain that you and Abeoji will like him. Yun Jae is such a smart kid." Junho smiled.

 

 

"I can't wait to meet him." Mrs. Lee exclaimed and said, "Better go to sleep now. Next time, don't drink too much." she settled his son's head on his pillow and kissed him on the forehead.

 

 

"I'm sorry, Eomma. Komawoyo! Jal jjayo."

 

*****

 

A/N: So, how was it? Did you like how Junho learned about Yun Jae? Comments are well appreciated. Thanks for reading.