Chapter 4

BE WITH YOU

 

CHAPTER 4

 

After taking her time, calming down herself at the comfort room, So Eun headed back at the conference room. As she entered, there were six new faces in front of her very eyes.

 

“Oh! So Eun? Kim So Eun?’ Chansung called her name with a surprise look on his face.

 

She glanced at him and looked at the other five faces. So Eun was terrified after seeing the face of the man she wished not to encounter with anymore. She stood in froze for about a minute, still shocked.

 

“You know her?” JYP askecd Chansung. That question brought So Eun back to reality and made her to her seat.

 

“Yes hyeong!” Chansung replied happily.

 

“She’s our high school FRIEND” Taecyeon butted in while grinning at Junho showing his massive teeth.

 

“Well that’s nice. No need to introduce Ms. Kim, let’s proceed to our meeting. “JYP suggested and faced the two.” So Ms. Kim we already had our first meeting when we were in New York and I already saw your designs and discuss it with them?”

 

“Sure.” She said. So Eun took out her iPad and connected it to the projector. After releasing a deep breath she stood up and started her presentation.

 

 

“Annyeong hasseyo, I’m here to present to you the designs that Mr. Park and I together with Mr. Kim agreed upon. So, as you can see..” So Eun discussed professionally.

 

Meanwhile, Junho upon seeing So Eun hadn’t said a word and wasn’t really paying attention to the girl in her front was saying.

 

“Where is the girl I’ve known six years ago who used to be shy and innocent? This woman is full of confidence and can carry herself very well.” He thought to himself.

 

“That’s all. Is there anything you want me to clarify?” Junho’s thought was interrupted by So Eun’s voice and saw Nichkhun raised his hand.

 

“Ms. Kim, I think your designs are amazing but do you think you can finish it in the given timeline?” Nichkhun asked.

 

“My staffs are all in New York. Since the designs were approved, all we need is the measurement of your artists. If they can make it today, the better” She explained.

 

Wooyoung checked the schedule of JJ Project and answered, “Ms. Kim, they are free after lunch around 3PM.”

 

On the other hand, Key is also checked their schedule. “That would be fine.”

 

“Do you have any further questions? Because if none meeting is adjourned. “JYP asked the boys.

 

“Hyeong, are you in a hurry? Aren’t we going out for lunch? Minjun asked.

 

“Sorry, I can’t join you today.” JYP responded.

 

“Why? Do you have a date hyeong? Taecyeon and the room was filled with their laughter except for one who’s mind who is still on the clouds.

 

“Aigoo Taecyeon, you’re so nosy. By the way Ms. Kim, I haven’t told you are who working with.” JYP turned to her and continued, “You’ll be working with our Creative Management head who is Mr. Lee.”

 

So Eun turned her head to the man at the center with a surprised expression and glanced at Junho who was surprised too. But she quickly composed herself, answered professionally. “Then I would be glad working with you as well as working with them.” and smiled.

 

“That’s great! Anyway Ms. Kim, Mr. Kim I’ll go ahead first. I’ll see you tomorrow and show where your work place would be.” He stood up and made a hand shake with the two. Before he finally leaves, “Boys, take care of them. Bye for now.”

 

“Thank you Mr. Park” they said in chorus.

 

“Take care and see you tomorrow.” So Eun bid her goodbye.

 

When JYP left the room So Eun and Key started packing their things off.

 

“So Eun-ah, it’s been a long time. I never thought that we’ll meet again like this.” Chansung broke the silence.

 

“Yeah, that was your greatest dream. I guess you achieved it, huh.” Junho said sarcastically.

 

So Eun stopped what she was doing and stared at Junho’s eyes. “Well yeah! I admit it was never an easy road.” She answered confidently.

 

“There’s no easy path achieving your dreams, I know that too.”  He continued with his sarcastic attitude.

 

“Ms. Kim, I mean so Eun-ah, why don’t we have a lunch together? Right, Junho?” Nichkhun broke the tension.

 

“Why not?” Key answered instead. So Eun glared at him but Key who had no idea insisted, I’m hungry. I know you are too, since you only had coffee for breakfast.”

 

“See, let’s go and grab something for lunch.” Minjun without waiting for any objections, stood up and the rest followed.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------


ELEVATOR

 

So Eun’s phone suddenly rings. When she checked the caller ID, she smiled upon seeing the name and answered. “Hey honey, what made you call?” the six boys looked at each other upon hearing te endearment and then checked out Junho. And just looking at him, they know that he is in the bad mood.

 

“Okay, honey. I’ll be having a lunch with Key and with our clients. We need to go back at the office after. So, I guess I’ll see you later.” So Eun said continued to talk to the other line. “Bye, honey. I love you too.” So Eun said before pressing the end call. The call made her smile more.

 

“Oh, seeing your smile, I know who called.” Key said, teasing her.

 

So Eun didn’t answer and just shook her head but her smile did not leave her lips.

 

The elevator opens then they headed to Mr. Park’s restaurant.

 

Upon walking to the said resto Junho’s mind seemed left to the conversation So Eun had over her phone. Seeing her smile with a phone call from a certain “HONEY” made his blood boils. He was the only man who can make her smile before like that. And how did she call them, CLIENTS?!

 

But before he blurted out whatever on his mind, he realized something, “What am I thinking? It’s not as if we are still together. It’s been so long, of course we’ll be like strangers and she’ll have someone. And I guess choosing her dream over me was the best decision for her.”

 

His thoughts were interrupted when Wooyoung said something. “So Eun-ah, Mr. Kim, Jin Young hyeong’s restaurant is near here. It is oaky if we’ll just walk to get there?”

 

So Eun answered, “It’s okay. Don’t worry about us. We’re used to that.”

 

“That’s a relief. Wait, do you still like Korean foods?” Chansung said.

 

So Eun smiled, “Silly! Of course I missed eating Korean food, though there are some Korean restaurants in New York, it’s still the best here.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

AT THE RESTAURANT

 

The launch was surprisingly fun for So Eun but was still feeling very uncomfortable around Junho who remained silent since they left the office.

 

While eating, Junho’s phone that was placed between his plate and Wooyoung’s plate blown out.

 

“Junho-ya, Ji Yeon is calling” Wooyoung said

 

“Ya, are you guys back together?” Minjun asked in curiosity. Junho ignored the Daegu grandpa and picked up his phone, “Hello”? He said.

 

“We’re here at Jin Young hyeong’s restaurant.” He continued. “Okay, bye” then he hang up

 

After hearing what Minjun has said, So Eun felt a little bit weird and thought to herself, “So, after six years I never thought that they would still end up being together.”

 

“So Eun-ah, tell us what happened to you in New York” Taecyeon who was sitting at the counter of the table and was near her seat asked.

 

“Well, I studied fashion designing at one of the most prestigious Universities in New York. At first, I wasn’t able to cope up with the environment since the culture and the people were far different from here. Not until I met Key in one of my subjects. From then on, we got to know each other and became close. From then on, we get to know each other more and became close. After we graduated we worked in one of the famous clothing lines in New York.” So Eun told them.

 

Key added. “We saved up as much as we can and with that we were able to have our own boutique. Without too much expectation, we became known and our success was fulfilled. Because of that, we’re here now, working with one of the leading entertainments agency, working with you guys.” He stared at So Eun teasingly. “And the rest as they say is history.”

 

So Eun glanced quickly at Junho who seems to be not interested.

 

“I see, can I ask you personal question? Taecyeon said.

 

“Sure” So Eun replied.

 

“Did you become a couple and broke up then ended as partners or should I say, best friends?” Taec continued asking.

 

“We were just friends from the very beginning and that will remain forever.” So Eun replied

 

“So Eun’s very attractive, how come you resisted her?” Taec asked again. Key choked and took a sip at his drink his eyes were set on So Eun with a disgusted look.

 

Chansung, sitting across So Eun, elbowed his hyeong’s arm, “Didn’t you hear So Eun talking to someone over her phone at the elevator a while ago?” he reminded him.

 

“Ah, yeah! Sorry for that.” Taec apologizes. So Eun and Key just gave each other a look.

 

So Eun sighed deeply and thought to herself,” If you only knew.”

 

*********************************************

 

A/N: What do you think about the meeting? Comments are appreciated, Thanks!