Chapter 5

Coffee
Ella’s pov*
Third day I headed out to finish what I started, but it doesn’t look like its going to be any faster. I need clues. Maybe I should try taking a slower path, try something different.
End of pov*

It was a bright morning, Ella set off to Coffee, on her mission. She arrived at in no more than 10 minutes, her new class car were up to speed. She passes through the entrance and turned right to the table at the window side. Her usual spot for the pass 5 days. It had been 5 days since her change of plans, but it hadn’t had much progress. Everyday Ella sat at the exact same time and ordered the exact same thing she wanted to observe Hebe’s daily routine to see if there was something she missed. But from what she had observed she found out Hebe’s routine were very typical, they were unchanged from day to day. Now she intended to speed things up again. Ella had taken it a bit fast from the beginning but it seems like Hebe had forgotten about it since Ella wasn’t rushing through.

“The same?” Rainie asked smiling

“Hmm yeah” Ella answered
“Will be 5 minutes” Rainie replied and left to make the coffee

Hebe wandered what Ella had been up to for the pass 5 days, but she still couldn’t figure it out. She hadn’t done anything out of the norm, nor has she talked to her not even a greeting. It was really weird, maybe Ella gave up. But gave up on what? Chasing after her? Hebe had a glanced at Ella; she was busy tapping the table and staring at the wall, nothing unusual. Ella turned to Hebe’s direction and Hebe quickly diverted her gaze. Ella gave an invisible smile at Hebe, she knew Hebe was having her usual sneak peek, it was cute. Sometimes Ella caught Hebe blushing whenever Ella caught her staring, she would chuckle to herself, amused. Hebe was starting to become Ella’s entertainment more and more each day, she was different to the others, she figured maybe because she never met a girl who doesn’t drink. The others usually drink till drunk and throw themselves at her; they didn’t care less where they end up or who they ended up with.

Rainie then came back with her steaming cup of coffee; she placed it on her table. Ella stirred it to cool it down and took a sip out of the cup, it was nice smooth and bitter, the way she likes it.

Just in 10 minutes on the window facing outside, Ella read the note backwards it read ‘Employee wanted’. Ella lips curved up to one corner this gave her an excellent idea. Ella quickly left the payment on the table and left in a hurry. Ella quickly went home to begin her plan. She wasn’t going to let this opportunity go. Ella quickly rang the manager of the café and greeted her happily.

“Hello, how are you I’m Ella”

“Hi I’m good, I’m Mary, and what can I do for you Ella?”

“I’m looking for a job, I’ll like to applied for the job your offering at the café”

“Sure, send in your resume, I’ll reply asap” Mary said cheerfully

“Ok thank you bye” Ella ended.

The next morning Ella went straight to the café, she was successfully accepted, who could reject her anyways? Ella was greeted by Mary at the café early in the morning; she received her uniform and badge. Ella quickly changed into them in the rest room. She looked at herself in the mirror, as good looking as always. She pulled up her sleeves and bent her collars and smoothed out the creases, once she was done perfecting her uniform she came out to meet Mary again.

“Very nice indeed” Mary complemented

“Thank you” Ella replied

“You should know how the café works; you had past experience I’m sure you know what to do”

“Yup no problem, mum forced me too “Ella sad laughing at her past memory.

“Well it’s all worth it now right?”

“I guess so”

“You can start once the others arrive” Mary said

“Yeah ok thanks”

“Need anything just call me, Mrs. Chen wouldn’t be happy if you had trouble” Mary said laughing

“Don’t worry, she’s a bit bossy but she’s nice” Ella revealed.

“Ok see you later; I’ll leave a note for the other two, so they know you are working here now”

“Thank you” Ella said fixing up her sleeves again.

Mary left the store leaving Ella standing around; Ella went to the bench seat close to the casher to wait for the other two. It was about half an hour until Ella heard someone coming in. Ella feels asleep on the bench but she was woken up by the door opening. Ella turned around to see Hebe’s surprised face, she was gawking in shock at Ella, and she scanned Ella from top to bottom.

“What are you doing here?”

Wait! Don’t tell me you’re…” Hebe continued

“Yes I am I’m working here now” Ella said proudly, Ella stood in a position so that Hebe could see her new badge clearly.

“Seriously?” Hebe was still in shocked

“Are you going to just stand there?” Ella asked curiously

“It’s nearly 9 am; you want me to help you with those?” Ella reminded looking at the clock

“I’m okay; Hebe said carrying the bags and placed them on the bench before emptying the bags.

“Here let me” Ella ignored Hebe’s refusal and took the bags from her and took the packets out of the bags. Ella slightly and accidentally touch Hebe’s hand, Hebe retracted her hand quickly she felt an electric shock vibrating through her. Ella didn’t expect Hebe to have such a quick reaction, which she got over quickly. Once they were done Rainie arrived, with her also surprised face.

“Wow who’s the handsome new employee?” Rainie commented with her cheeky smile
“Ha well your late missy” Ella said tapping her watch.

“Hmm still one second left” Rainie replied
Ella cocked her head to one side with a cheerful smile, it was obviously not seen before, Hebe was gawking at her again but this time it was very noticeable.

“Alright lets get going” Ella said to relieve the straight afterward silence

“Okay, I’ll turn the opening sign” Ella suggested, she was eager to get the café open. There were already customers outside after they finished setting up. Just after the hour there were more female customers than males; Ella seemed to be very welcomed. The girls were already crazy over her.

“What would you like?” Ella asked politely

“I want this one and simple love” one of the girls ordered

“Good choice” Ella commented and started to process the order
The girls praised at Ella’s quick smile, they whispered to each other something Ella couldn’t hear. Though Hebe could, she tried to restrained form eyeing every girl that was in contact with Ella, but for some she couldn’t help it.

After work they all cleaned up and Rainie left early Ella tried to stay as long as possible until Hebe would go.
“Today was a handful” Ella started the conversation

“Yeah for you” Hebe answered grumpily

“Hahaha yeah, so what are you doing tonight?” Ella tried to ask even though she knew Hebe was going to attend to her usual schedule.

“I’m busy doing things” Hebe pretended to sound like she was speaking the truth

“Ahuh, so you’re going now?”

“Yeah I’m going to go change” Heb said entering the rest room

“I’ll help you change” Ella said sarcastically even though she really intended too, she needed those things she’s after.

“No thanks” Hebe answered after being shocked again at Ella suggestion

“Come on” Ella insisted, she entered the rest room following Hebe. Ella caught Hebe and pulled her by the wrist to face her. Ella gazes at her for second and pulled her forward, she felt their lips touch. Though this time Ella pulled away, her mobile vibrated.

“Damit, Hello?” Ella answered. Hebe shied away and went into one of the cubicles to change.

“It’s ok mum, I did fine, I didn’t cause any trouble, yes, yes and yes. Nooo I didn’t get fired” Ella said talking to mum while Hebe escaped quietly. Ella was too busy to notice.

........

Another chapter for today ^.^ comment please thank you