Chapter 3

Coffee
[THE NEXT DAY]

Hebe started her usual day taking the bus to work, but today was different she was LATE! She hurried out to the bus stop, and gladly felt relief when she saw the bus still at the stop and its door was still opened. Hebe ran to the entrance and was met by a happy bus driver, the usual one.

“Morning” Hebe greet happily

“Morning Miss”

Hebe turned to find a seat but it wasn’t the usual full bus that she went on everyday, it was empty and clean too.

“Am I on the wrong bus?” Hebe asked facing the bus driver

“No you’re on the right one” He answered still having the same smile on his face

“Ok, then why isn’t there anyone?”

“They took a different bus, maybe they don’t like to take this bus today”

“How is that possible out of 365 days, they choose all not to go on this bus today?” Hebe became more curious and suspicious

“Yeah I guess, well are you going or not?”

“Yes, YES I’m going” Hebe said remembering she was already too late; she just ignored the strangeness of the morning bus. Once she arrived at her work place she rush out of the bus and entered the café she worked everyday for the past three years. It was called ‘ Coffee’, a very unique Café name, it meant pureness and it has been known to be the best café in the city.

“Hebe! You’re late!!” Rainie exclaimed watching Hebe running through the door.

“I know, I’m sorry, she’s not here yet right?” Hebe asked referring to the manager that checks on them every now and then.

“No, you’re lucky” Rainie reached for the apron and handed it to Hebe

“Phewww” Hebe expressed, and started to feel relax again.

“Hey I got to tell you something though, I think that guy over there likes you” Rainie whispered into Hebe’s ear without looking directly at the guy.

“What guy?” Hebe search the café for the person Rainie referred to and that was when Hebe realized that, that guy was actually Ella

When her eyes met Ella’s, Ella let out a smile. Hebe quickly looked away, avoiding the luring smile. She doubt Ella was up to any good. Since the first time they met there were no indications of good intentions.

Hebe resumed to her previous goal, she went inside to get some more papers cups and to take out more coffee bags. After coming out with the items she placed it on the bench and stacked the spares under the bench for later use. She opened the bag and filled the coffee machine to the top.

“Waiter!” a voice yelled out interrupting Hebe’s concentration.
“Waiter! Waiter!” There it was again, why hasn’t Rainie got to it yet? Hebe thought
“WAITER!” this time Hebe was furious, how annoying was this person, she turned around and found Rainie right beside Ella, though Ella was pretending she didn’t see Rainie, like she was ignoring her.

“Arrg” Hebe moaned, she knew what was happening. She finished off her job, empting the last bag of coffee and trashed the bag in the bin. She made her way over to Ella who was now smiling with satisfaction. Hebe didn’t want the other customers thinking they weren’t doing their job.

“What do you want?” Hebe said without looking at Ella
“Hmm how about you” Ella chuckled
“Right, if you’re not ordering I’m going”
“Hmm what is there?” Ella said pretending to look serious, not letting Hebe go
“Here” Hebe handed Ella the menu and Rainie left to attend another customer.
“Hebe, Hebe, Hebe” Ella said scanning the menu, Hebe rolled her eyes as she was getting impatient; obviously Ella was wasting her time.
“I want this, this, this one, that one…. Actually all of them”
Hebe’s eyes bulged at the list, Ella gazed at Hebe amused.
“All of them??” Hebe asked to make sure
“Yes, is there a problem?” Ella asked sincerely crossing her arms across her chest
“No” Hebe answered and made her way back to the coffee bench to commence her long order list
Hebe wandered around the bench back and forth, taking the each and every items she needed out. It would take her a long hour to make the whole menu. Ella watched Hebe’s swift movements and chuckled to herself a few times at Hebe’s clumsiness.

After a long half an hour Ella mobile vibrated in her pocket, she answered the call quickly “Hello? Yes, Ella speaking, I’m on it don’t worry” Ella assured the caller.
Ella hurriedly wrote a note on a card and took out some cash form her pocket, she then went over to Rainie and handed the two to Rainie and left, as well as stealing one last glance at Hebe.

Rainie said thank you and far welled Ella before heading back to Hebe who was hard at work.
“Hebe Ella gave you this”
“Ok thank you” Hebe laid the cash on the table and read the note on the card.
It read ‘sorry couldn’t drink your coffee, got to attend to some things’. Hebe angrily trashed the card and put away the cash.
“Arrg, what a waste of time, who’s going to drink all these coffee?”
Hebe said looking at all the cups and cups of coffee lay out on the table.

“Ella, his in there” a guy said directly Ella into the dark room with one bulb for light.
“A man was laying helplessly on the ground his face scrunch in pain, his lips were painted with blood red. Ella walked calmly over to the helpless man.

“I told you no one could run away from us” Ella stated.
“Kill me, if you dare” he threatened
“I do dare but you just have to waitone tiny second” Ella stepped forward and bend down onto the ground and grabbed hold of the guy buy the collar of his shirt, she held it tightly in her hands and pulled him up towards her, close the gap between their faces.
“I know where it is” Ella said smirking
“You are useless to me right now, though I just have to finish you off myself”. Betrayers never live” Ella said as she stood up sliding her hand inside her jacket and pulled out a gun, she gave him one last look and pulled the trigger.
“Bye” Ella ended and left for the others to clean up the mess.
“Too bad he didn’t beg for mercy like the other few has” the guy following behind said
“Hah, brave soul” Ella commented
“Where to now Miss?”
“Well I got some other things to catch up on, you can go now” Ella said as she headed out for her car.

It had been a long day of work and Hebe ended up closing the shop again because Rainie had a date, she is always busy. She locked the door and walked along the path to the nearest bus stop. But she had a feeling someone was following her, Hebe increased her speed and tried not to look around. She went onto the closest bus and sat down at the front seat, but she saw no one following her. Once she arrived on the street of her house she felt the same feeling she had before, this time it was more real, she heard the footsteps behind her.

“Boy your fast” the stranger commented
“Ella!” Hebe said recognizing the voice
“What are you doing? You scared the hell out of me?’
“Haha scared? Don’t worry I’m here to protect you”
Hebe continued her road home

“You don’t have to protect me!” Hebe yelled at Ella who was still following behind her

“Hahaha, watch your temper little one, I’m not here to protect you, think it as, I’m here to protect the people around you” Ella said still following Hebe’s side now.

“Well they don’t need protection from me”
“Are sure? I’m sure their terrified of your temper” Ella explained
“Go home!” Hebe yelled
“Sure” Ella said smiling, she grabbed hold of Hebe’s hand and ran a long way until they reached Hebe’s house.
“That’s my home” Hebe said frustrated
“I know, go on, go in”
Hebe unlocked her door and went quickly inside before Ella got a chance to say any more
“Bye” Ella said and left

...........
Thankyou! I hope you liek this chapter ^.^