Chapter 8

Coffee
Ella could see in the corner of her eye Edison was staring at them, she knew him well enough to know what he was thinking of. Ella broke her embrace and turned back to Edison to continue their previous unfinished business.

“Come I need to talk to you in private” Ella gestured as she walked inside a room, which was where Edison office was.

“So? Where is it?”

“The girl outside has it”

“Is that why you were following her?”

“Why else? I don’t have that bad taste” Ella said grinding her teeth.

“Get it and give it to me, or else I’ll just to do it myself” Edison said as he was about to march outside

“I’ll get it, she’ll be easy to handle”

They then commenced outside, Ella leading the way.

“Hebe, I want to ask you, do you remember a guy that handed you the letter?”

Hebe nodded as she remembered the injured guy that came to the café a few nights ago.

“Do you still have the letter on you?”

“Yes”

“Can you give it to me?”

Hebe took the letter out with the gold medal and held it in her hands. The evidence helped her remember the specifics details of that night; she froze remembering that the guy mentioned the name Edison. Hebe looked at the guy behind Ella, that was Edison, so this was what he was after, it wasn’t Ella and Ella? Was she after the same thing too? She asked herself.

“Ella, was this what you been after all along?” Hebe asked unexpectedly making Ella froze.

“Is it?!” Hebe demanded an answer; Ella stared back not knowing what to say.

Ella could see Edison was out of patience he wasn’t going to wait any longer.

“Yes, that’s what I needed” Ella said walking closer to Hebe. Hebe memory flashed back, she remembered Ella being close to her, was she just using her? All this time she was the one falling for Ella?

Ella took the piece of paper Hebe was holding in her hand, she looked at it and then she gave Hebe one last look and walked away from her. Hebe couldn’t move, she couldn’t believe what was happening, why was this happening to her? Why? Why? She asked herself repeatedly. She thought Ella was speaking the truth all along, but she lied, she lied heartlessly. She entered her life to get what she wanted. That was all. Hebe heart ached, her eyes filled with tears, they kept running down her cheeks. Her face felt hot, her body trembled, her hands held hard and then it curled into a fist strengthening each second.

“Here it is” Ella said as she handed Edison the letter.

“Thank you” Edison said in a sarcastic tone.

“I’m done here then, we’re going” Ella said as she directed her gang to head out.
But just after they were at the car park, Ella was stopped by Hebe. Hebe ran in front of Ella she didn’t manage to change Ella’s expression.

“How could you do this to me?” Hebe asked as her heart crumbled

“I don’t know what you’re talking about” Ella said without an expression

“You used me! You, you persuade me into liking you!” Hebe burst out

“Hah, I used you but any other thoughts you had I don’t hold any responsibility to” Ella replied with her cold face. She then continued to head to her car, brushing pass Hebe.

“Wait! I have one last question” Hebe held onto Ella’s shoulders to make Ella stop in front of her.

“Did you… ever have any feelings for me?” Hebe croaked, as she throat was being difficult.

Ella stared into Hebe’s eyes to find the answer, was there any room for truth?

“No” Ella said after a minute, and then she walked off. Hebe fell onto her knees and her tears poured. She sat lifelessly on the ground devastated and heartbroken.

She ran after Ella and embraced her from behind, she held on tightly making Ella stop. Ella tried to break free form her embrace.

“Don’t leave me” she said sobbing

“This wasn’t what I planned out to be I’m sorry” Ella said standing still

“Please, I need you”

“I got to go” Ella said coldly and pulled free without saying another word, she keep her pace steady and continued until she reached her car. The guys followed behind and the driver opened the door for her.

“Get someone to take her home” Ella instructed

......

Hmm. Is my story going too fast? XD It feels like it >.<