17: Pray

No Body Knows


Had the two boys been huddling in any other shower than one in a state of the art dorm, the water would have run cold long before Taemin had stopped crying.

His voice had given out long before from all the apologizing he was doing, hating that he was acting so weak and clinging to someone he barely knew.

Not even Eric back in the States had ever seen him at his most vulnerable.

Finally though, Taemin found enough strength to pull away from Minho. “I...”

“Please don’t say you’re sorry.” Minho cut him off, staring at his face. “Just, can you ...” He hesitated for a moment. “Can you tell me what happened?”

Minho hoped he looked more confident than he sounded, because as it was, he didn’t think that anyone would want to confide in someone who sounded like they really didn’t want to know.

“Its nothing. I was just...”

“Its obviously something.” Minho said, holding up the hair-tie that was still clenched in his fist. His fingers hurt from holding it for so long, but he hadn’t been able to bring himself to put it down.

“This was on the bathroom floor. Did something happen?”

On Taemin’s face was a look of horror. “I... I’m sorry I ruined your...”

“I don’t care about the tie!” Minho yelled causing Taemin to flinch. “Sorry.” He muttered, “I didn’t mean to yell.”

“Its okay.” Taemin croaked. “I deserved it.”

“No you didn’t.” Minho insisted. “And you don’t have to tell me, but if we’re friends than I want you to trust in me.”

Taemin didn’t know how to reply, so he sat there silent.

Minho sighed. “Its okay if you don’t want to tell me now.” He stood up and winced as his clothing stuck to him, soaking wet. “Eurgh, I’m soaked and so are you.”

Taemin opened his mouth, then shut it quickly, the urge to apologize battling with Minho’s telling him to stop.

Minho noticed this and sighed. “You don’t need to be sorry. I climbed in here on my own. Now can we get out of here and out of these wet clothes? Only I don’t want to get sick and I don’t think you do either.”

Taemin shook his head.

Minho looked confused, causing Taemin to elaborate. “I don’t want to get sick.”

“Good.” Minho said and without any consideration for how Taemin would react, quickly stripped out of his clothing except his boxers.

“You’re turn.” He said, stepping out and onto the wet floor. “We’ll leave our wet things in here for now and after we’re dry I’ll sort it out.”

He didn’t quite know why he was acting this way with Taemin, except maybe he felt like Taemin needed someone to take care of him.

Maybe Key’s mothering would come in handy.

“Please don’t tell Key.” Taemin seemed to read his mind.

“I’ll have to tell him something later.” Minho said, holding out a hand to help Taemin to his feet. The wet clothing draped on his body probably weighed more than he did.

“I can do it myself.” Taemin muttered as Minho went to help him remove his jacket.

“You’re shaking.” Minho said, noticing the tremors of Taemin’s body.

Taemin’s eyes widened in fear as Minho stripped off his top clothing; jacket and shirt.

“I really....” Taemin’s voice faded away as Minho lifted him out of the shower.

“I’m sure you couldn’t. You’re hands are shaking so bad I don’t think you could undo your button.” Minho said, not noticing Taemin’s discomfort, or the reason for Taemin’s discomfort.

After all, even though Taemin was physically and mentally exhausted and battered, he didn’t fail to appreciate how hard Minho worked on his body.

“I’ll let you do your own boxers.” Minho muttered as he lifted Taemin’s feet to remove socks and pants. “Let me get towels.” He moved away from Taemin and opened the towel cupboard. “Here.” He passed a large, fluffy towel to Taemin before wrapping his own around his waist, tying it and shucking his boxers to the floor.

With trembling hands, Taemin managed to tie the towel around himself.

“Don’t forget to take off your boxers.” Minho muttered as he thought about what to do next.

Taemin blushed and turned around. He couldn’t look at Minho as he did so, afraid of his own reaction as well as Minho’s.

When they were both covered, Minho led them out of the bathroom and began getting dressed.

“Oh.” Taemin breathed softly as he noticed the time. “Class isn’t over yet.”

Minho turned to the clock, half dressed in pajamas. “Guess not.”

“I made you miss class.”

“No you didn’t. I didn’t have to stay here with you, but I chose to.” Minho said simply. “Now get in your pajamas.”

“But I really can’t miss any classes, not so early in the semester too.” Taemin said, worry racing through his veins about skipping classes and getting expelled.

“Don’t worry about it.” Minho said, pulling a shirt over his head. “I’ll take care of it. Just get your pajamas on.” He started out of the room, guessing that Taemin would want to be alone to get dressed. “I’ll make hot chocolate and popcorn. I missed lunch and I bet you did too. Classes will be done for the day soon anyways and we’ll get in more trouble coming in now than just skipping the rest.”

Taemin stared at Minho, he’d never skipped class on purpose before. “But...”

“Its alright.” Minho tried for a soothing tone. “I’ll make the food, you can pick the movie and we’ll just hang out here until the others arrive to hound us after class.” He smiled like it was a common thing and then left the room.

There was nothing else for Taemin to say, nothing else that he could argue about since the person he was trying to argue with had left the room.

So he put on his pajamas, shivering at the coolness of the air compared to the heat of the shower.

Sitting on his bed, listening to the sounds of Minho in their kitchen area, Taemin thought back to everything that had just happened.

Minho wanted to know.

Yunho told him not to tell.

But Yunho hadn’t stepped into the shower fully dressed to hold Taemin while he cried. He didn’t drop the subject even though it was obvious Minho wanted to know what happened.

Maybe Minho would be able to help.

Sulli had seemed to think so.

Yunho did seem worried about Minho.

Scared of making the wrong decision, Taemin closed his eyes and did something he hadn’t done in a very long while.

He prayed.

 

---

Oh Hey, I'm back!

I know its been a while :( but June was just a crazy month! I started a new shift at work and worked way too many Saturdays to do anything but sleep on my day off...

But anyways, what did you think? Comments are love!

Loves to you all and many hugs!

Kat

 

Oh yeah, I've decided to try this whole tumblr thing... ckitty9879