chapter three

Once a cheater, always a cheater (with Jaejoong's epilogue)

 

Chapter 3:

 

-two days later-

“Hey sweetie. What’s going on?” Jaejoong asked as he entered Miharu and Yunho’s apartment.

“I guess Yunho’s at your place.” Miharu closed the door and led her oldest friend, Jaejoong to the living room. “Would you like something to drink? Water? Coffee? Tea?” Miharu asked with a deadpan voice.

“Sweetie I want to know what is going on? You look like a zombie and well, Yunho turned mute.” He went to her and held her hand. “You and Yunho don’t fight, and if you guys do fight it's something stupid like Yunho not cleaning. I tell you, it is hopeless.”

Miharu gave a weak smile and sat on the couch. “How’s Yunho?”

“I don't know what to say. He’s missing his classes, he’s not eating or talking to anyone. He came to my place and asked to stay for a bit. Sweetie, just accept his apologies and take him back.” Jaejoong said as he sat himself by her.

“You think…you think this is all Yunho’s fault?” Miharu asked confused.

“Well sweetie. I’ve known you since we were in grade 4. You’ve never hurt anyone or anything. You never even swatted a mosquito or squished an ant. Plus, Yunho’s been acting spacey and he has not been spending enough time with us, with you.” Jaejoong pointed out.

“I don’t hurt anything because I’m scared of everything. Yunho’s busy with his classes. He’s studying hard, a little to hard but, you know Yunho. That’s why he hasn’t been spending time with us.” Miharu explained.

“See! If it was any other girl they wouldn’t be so understanding.” Jaejoong hugged Miharu and smiled at her. “So…you’re forgiving Yunho. Everything’s ok. I’ll tell him to move back in with you.” Jaejoong patted her on the back and stood up.

“Jaejoong.” Miharu pulled him back to sit on the couch. “Yunho didn’t tell you anything? Why he’s there at your place or what happened?”

“I told you, he’s not talking to anyone. He’s pretty pathetic. I feel so bad. We just can’t get through him.”

“Jaejoong, he didn't do anything wrong. He’s the perfect husband.” Miharu said.

“Did someone die? Are his parents ok?” Jaejoong asked concerned.

“It’s me. I’m the one.”

“It’s you? Miharu…are you…dying?” Jaejoong asked worriedly.

“No, I’m not but I wish I was.” Miharu ran her hands through her hair and took a deep breath. “I cheated on him.”

“What?”

“The night before he left, I went out with a few girlfriends. I don’t know what happened. That night is still a blank night to me. I don’t know if I was drugged or what. The following day I woke up, in a hotel. I don’t remember what happened but I assume that I . . .” she trailed off. She looked at Jaejoong to see him barely containing his anger.

“How could you? He loves you.” Jaejoong reprimanded her.

“I love him too! I do!”

“If you love him so much why did you do it?” He stood up and went to leave.

“I was drugged or extremely drunk!” She followed him, trying to make him understand.

“Why were you out anyways? Is that the way a married woman behaves? Miharu you…you… I never thought you were that kind of a girl. What happened to you?” Jaejoong looked at Miharu in disgust.

“Jaejoong…” Miharu was shocked at the way Jaejoong looked at her. In all the years they have been friends Jaejoong has never looked at her in this way. She had hoped that Jaejoong would understand that she never wanted to cheat on Yunho. She hoped that he understood that she loved Yunho. She had hoped that he would help her and Yunho reunite. “I never meant to cheat on Yunho.”

“But you did. If you really loved him you wouldn’t have.” He looked at her one more time and left.

 

-the following day-

 

Miharu pressed the doorbell outside Jaejoong’s place and waited to be let in. The door opened and to her surprise Changmin greeted her with a stoic look.

“You are a persona non grata here. Leave.” He said and closed the door.

Miharu blinked a couple of times, shocked at the way he glared at her. She quickly rang the doorbell again.

This time it was Junsu who answered the door.

“Junsu let me in.” Miharu quickly said.

Junsu looked at her sadly. “Miharu, you’re at the wrong place at the wrong time. I understand you want to talk to hyung but not right now.  He’ll come talk to you when he’s ready.”

“Junsu..i just want to talk with Yunho. I want to see him. Please.” Miharu begged but he wouldn’t relent. “You can’t do this to me! I’m his wife! I have the right to see him. Yunho! Yunho!” She called out. She tried to push Junsu away but he wouldn’t bulge.

“Miharu!” Jaejoong, Yoochun and Changmin came to the doorway. “You’re not welcome here.” Jaejoong said. “Please leave.”

“Jaejoong! how could you do this to me! We’ve been friends since we were kids. Don’t look at me differently. I’m still the Miharu you used to play hide and seek with then!”

“No! You stopped being my innocent Miharu, my friend, when you spent the night with a someone apart from your husband – ”

“I didn’t mean to!” Miharu interrupted him.

“Whether you meant it or not is not what is important.” Yoochun said. “The fact is…you did. We don’t want to see you and Yunho will contact you through an attorney.”

“You don’t mean that.” Miharu said understanding fully what he meant, tears starting to form in her eyes.

“Miharu, I think you should leave now.” Junsu said softly. He gripped her wrist but she broke the contact.

“NO! I want to talk with Yunho now.” She yelled at them. She stepped aside but Changmin prevent her to pass.

“Miharu…” Junsu called her again.

“Let me pass Changmin.” She growled at him.

“I can’t do that. Don’t you think you hurt him enough.” Changmin told her.

“Miharu leave.” Yoochun said.

“No!” Miharu tried to push Changmin aside but he was much stronger than her.

“I’ll call security.” Jaejoong said as he moved to the phone.

“Why are you guys doing this to me.” Miharu asked as a tear fell. “Jaejoong you’ve known me since we were in elementary. Yoochun we’ve been neighbors throughout highschool. Changmin I helped you review for your college entrance exam.” She said turning to them. “How can you look at me like that? How can you stop me from seeing my husband. How can you do this to me? You know I love Yunho, I never meant to hurt him.”

“It doesn’t matter what your intentions were!” Jaejoong said. He pushed Changmin aside and stood infront of Miharu. “It doesn't change the fact that you did.”

“But I’ll won’t do it again!”

“Once a cheater…always a cheater.” He snarled at her. “You’re just like every other in the clubs. Like every girl there is, never satisfied with just one man. You just have to have everyone in the palm of your hand.”

“Don't make this about you Jaejoong. I’m not like her. You know me. I love Yunho.”

“If you did, we wouldn’t be having this conversation. You are just like her. A total who doesn’t deserve the love Yunho gave you and the respect we had for you.”

“Jaejoong that’s enough.” Yunho said as he set his hand on Jaejoong’s shoulder. He side stepped Jaejoong and stood besides Miharu. “Apologize to Miharu…now!”

“Hyung!” They looked incredulously at Yunho.

“Apologize now!” Yunho demanded.

Jaejoong, Yoochun and Changmin stared at Yunho incredulously a few more moments before they looked at Miharu. Changmin slightly bowed his head and left while Yoochun mumbled his apology.

“Don't tell me what to do Yunho. I’m still older than you. Miharu, don’t ever talk to me again. I don't know you anymore.” Jaejoong shook his head and left, Yoochun and Changmin followed soon after.

“Miharu,” Junsu said. “I’m – ”

“You have nothing to apologize for. I’m sorry for breaking your trust in me. Please tell that to them too. I really mean it.” Miharu said sadly.

Junsu nodded and Left Yunho and Miharu by the door.

Yunho closed the door, guided Miharu to the living room. He made her sit on the couch and then pulled out his handkerchief. “Miharu don’t cry.” He said as he handed her the hankie, his voice lacking the usual warmth it had.

“I’m sorry Yunho. Please don’t ask for a divorce. Please. I love you.” Miharu said as she wipe the tears away.

“I have to ask for a divorce. I can't stay in this relationship.” Yunho said stoically.

“I swear I’ll never leave the house. I promise I’ll never look at another man. Yunho please!” she begged him as she covered her face with her hands.

“I want a divorce.”

Miharu cried and cried and once the tears stopped pouring and her hiccups calmed, she gripped the handkerchief tightly and looked at him. “I’ll sign whatever is necessary. Just contact me and – ”

“My attorney will contact you when the time comes.” Yunho stood up from the couch. “Have a nice life Miharu.” He said never turning to face her.

“Yunho wait!” Miharu called out. “I hope you know how sorry I am for cheating on you and ruining our marriage. I hope you can look back at our relationship and remember the happy times we had and how much I loved you…how much I love you.”

Yunho nodded and left Miharu alone in the living room.

 

 

 

A few months later, the last signature was finally put in their divorce papers.

 

 

 

The end. Lol. Just kidding.

Dundundun! So yeah…they get divorced. So sad. Please don’t kill me. *Runs away*