chap11

Once a cheater, always a cheater (with Jaejoong's epilogue)

Chapter 10

 

Haneul didn’t know what was going on but she knew better than to prod into her life, but when a week pasted and Miharu still looked down Haneul knew she had to cheer her up somehow. This was easier said than done since Miharu prefers books to people. She was reserved and happier to stay home than go out clubbing like every other girl her age. So Haneul decided to just treat Miharu to her favorite restaurant, a restaurant specialized in Mediterranean food a few blocks away from Miharu’s apartment. 

Haneul and Miharu were enjoying their last sips of coffee after their delicious meal when two men came interrupting their conversation.

“Miharu! You’re all right! What happened to you?” Junsu said worriedly.

Miharu watched the smile wipe off Miharu’s face. She groaned and if looks could kill, Junsu and Jaejoong would be dead by now.

“Yunho’s so worried about you.” Jaejoong said stoically. “You have time to hang out with your friend but not with your boyfriend? You can’t even send him a text or give him a call.” Jaejoong tsked.

Miharu looked down at her empty espresso cup.

“Did you and hyung fight?” Junsu asked concerned.

“More like she probably did it again.” Jaejoong thre Miharu a disgusted look. “Did you Miharu? Did you do it again? Yunho should know better than giving you a second chance.” Jaejoong shook his head while Junsu tried to shut him up.

“No, I didn't, but Yunho did.” Miharu said to herself, only Junsu was able to hear it.

“Hey!” She cried out to Jaejoong. “Miharu is a great person! Your Yunho is lucky that Miharu loves, loved him so much. He’s lucky Miharu even looked at him when she could have any guy out there.” Haneul defended her friend.

 “Ohhoho. She is lucky Yunho even looked at her again after what she did to him. Do you know what your precious Miharu did to my best friend?” Jaejoong sneered at her.

“The question is, do you,” Haneul looked at Jaejoong smugly “…know what your precious Yunho did to my bestfriend?”

"Yes I do! He loved her, trusted her, he was good to her and the perfect husband. Of course I know what my best friend was like to his wife." Jaejoong said smugly. "She was my best friend too once."

"Awesome best friend you were, letting your other bestfriend cheat on my Miharu. You as a best friend." Haneul gave Jaejoong a disgusted look.

"I was a great bestfriend. She wasn't. She broke my trust and made me realize that all women are alike." Jaejoong looked at Haneul up and down as if trying to size her The two kept bickering.

“Miharu? Did you just imply that hyung cheated on you?” Junsu asked Miharu slowly, making sure he was saying the right thing. He couldn’t believe what he heard.

“What?! Yunho? Cheating?” Jaejoong scoffed while Junsu was just staring incredulously at Miharu.

“Hanuel, I’m going to go now. Thank you for dinner. I’ll treat you soon too.” Miharu bid her friend goodbye and left the restaurant.

Haneul sat back on her chair and crossed her legs slowly as the men looked at her for an explanation. "You said you know what your best friend did to my Miharu?" Haneul looked at Jaejoong in the eye. "You don't."

“Hyung what is she talking about? She's spooking me out” Junsu mumbled at Jaejoong but the older man just ignored him and ran out of the restaurant.

 

"Yunho never cheated on you!" Jaejoong cried out in the middle of a deserted. After leaving the restaurant her ran around, unsure where to go in the unfamiliar terrritory. He finally found her walking in a deserted alley by her house.

Miharu looked back at him blankly. "Sure. He never cheated on me." Miharu said with no emotion in her voice, her face blank. They both stared at each other for a long time waiting for each other to say something.

Neither did.

So Miharu turned to walk back towards her house.

"I know he never cheated on you Miharu. Whoever told you that was lying." Jaejoong ran after her. "I made sure Yunho would never hurt you. you know that. I vowed to you he'd never hurt you! I couldn't stop you from hurting him but i made sure he never hurt you." Jaejoong pulled her to a stop and made her look at him "Will you listen to me?" Jaejoong shook her by the shoulders.

Miharu just stared blankly at him.

"Remember. I promised you the day you told me you liked Yunho that I would make sure he would never hurt you. That I'd protect you always. I didn't lack in that. I protected you from Yunho so well I wasn't able to protect him from you! He didn’t cheat on you then and he isn’t cheating on you now! “

"Jaejoong! Stop shaking her!" Yunho came running out of nowhere to them.

"Yunho?" Jaejoong's grip on her loosened and she stepped away.

"Hon are you all-" Yunho tried to pull her to him but she sidestepped him. "Honey?" Yunho looked confused at Miharu.

Miharu didn’t even look back at the two guys before she resumed walking towards her apartment.

“What did you do to her?” Yunho glared at Jaejoong.

“What did I do to her? Nothing! She was insinuating that you are cheating on her.” Jaejoong told Yunho.

“What? I’m not cheating on her.” Yunho quickly caught up with Miharu and stopped her. They had to talk. “I’m not cheating on you.” He told her once he finally made her look at him.

“I know.” Miharu took his hand off her and resumed walking away.

“What’s wrong then? Miharu! Talk to me!” Yunho walked in front of her, backwards so that he could look at her.

“I don’t want to talk about this in front of your friends.”

“I don’t care. Whatever issue you throw at me, Jaejoong will tell you, it’s not true. I’m not cheating on you. Stop giving me the cold shoulder please.” Yunho pleaded.

Miharu stopped and just stared at Yunho. “Are you cheating on me?” Miharu asked him.

“NO! Of Course not!” Yunho denied vehemently. He shook his head and crossed his arms to form an X. “I’m not. I swear. Right Jaejoong?”

Jaejoong agreed. “He talks about nothing but you. It’s quite revolting.”

“Did you cheat on me when we were married?” Miharu asked in a steady voice.

Yunho was shocked at her question, so shocked he didn’t deny it immidiately.

“Of course he didn’t cheat on you then! He was too busy spending time in the library reading boring Laws.” Jaejoong said. “Right?”

“Right. I...I didn’t cheat on you.” He said slowly. “I didn’t. I did not!” He said more confidently.

“Cheating comes in more than just what happens in bed.” Miharu looked at him straight in the eye. “I guess when the opportunity for a divorce came you were relieved. I was just wondering why you broke up with Mina when the divorce started.” Miharu shocked Yunho. No one knew about him and Mina during that time.

“What are you talking about? Yunho and Mina met years after your indiscretion.” Jaejoong said from behind them.

“Did you Yunho? Did you?” Miharu looked at Yunho.

“Look, we were just friends!” Yunho defended himself.

“What is going on here?” Jaejoong looked at them confused at the proceedings.

“Really? She told me you and your wife were having problems. I didn’t know we were having problems. She asked for a divorce, apparently you didn’t say no.” Miharu said in an emotionless voice.

“Miharu, I never cheated on you. I swear.” Yunho took her hand and begged her with his eyes.

“As I said, there are more way to cheat than sleeping with someone else.” Miharu tried to pull away her hands from his grip but he wouldn’t let her.

“Miharu! Please!” He begged her. He pulled her to him and embraced her tightly hoping to make her understand that he loved her and not anyone else.

“Yunho let me go.” Miharu stopped struggling.

“Miharu can’t we just call it quits. You cheated, you say I cheated. Please, Miharu” He begged against the side of her head.

“You don’t get it do you? I cheated on you, yes. One night with a stranger I never looked for nor remember. It was meaningless. And I confessed immediately. I cheated with my body.” Miharu tried to surpress the hatred and pain she was feeling but she couldn’t. “You...You cheated on me with your heart, you cheated on me for so long. You loved someone else!” Miharu tried to stifle her cries but couldn’t.

“I didn’t love her...I.” He pulled away just enough to be able to cup her face.  “I love you.”

“No you don’t. Don’t you understand. You were looking for someone else. I wasn’t...You didn’t. We can’t anymore.” Miharu tried to push him away but he wouldn’t let go. “Yunho let me go.”

“No. Miharu. I can’t. You’re going to walk away and never come back.”

“Let her go.” Jaejoong put his hand over Yunho’s bacl. “Let. Her. Go.”

Yunho complied. Both Yunho was shocked at Jaejoong’s shift in personality while Miharu took that moment to flee the scene. She ran quickly to her apartment, her tears blurring her vision.

Once Yunho finally got over his shock he started moving towards Miharu’s place only for Jaejoong to block his path.

“Hyung, move.” Yunho said as he tried to pass Jaejoong.

Jaejoong shook his head. “I can’t believe it. Tell me it’s not true. You did not cheat on Miharu.” Jaejoong begged.

“I didn’t cheat on Miharu!!”

“Did you have a relationship with Mina while you and Miharu were married?” Jaejoong asked him straight to the point.

“We were friends!”  Yunho reasoned out.

“Did you...did you spend time with Mina when you were supposed to be with Miharu? Or with us guys? You used your studying as an excuse to see someone besides Miharu?”

“Jaejoong just let me pass. I need to talk to Miharu.”

“No.”

“Kim Jaejoong you are starting to annoy me.” Yunho glared at the older man.

“Give her time to think.” Jaejoong said.

“If I give her time to think without me I’ll never see her again!”

“That’s exactly my point.”

“I don’t understand you, why are you so adamant in separating me and Miharu?” Yunho started to get mad. “I thought you were my friend. My best  friend.”

“You hurt her! I swore to myself I’d protect her! I failed! I failed i protecting her the night she got drunk and random ruined yours and her marriage! But most especially I failed by letting her love you when you would just treat her like that.”

“Are you insane? You treated her like ! How dare you talk to me about the way I treat her. I love her!” Yunho pushed Jaejoong out of his way.

“If you do, if you ever did, you shouldn’t have looked at another woman ever!” Jaejoong spat. He grabbed Yunho bu the arm and swung to punch him in the eye.

“ you!” Yunho lunged himself at Jaejoong and there were punches and kicks and biting and scratching.

 

 

--A few hours later--

“I’m Ono Miharu. I’m here to bail out Jung Yunho.” Miharu told the policeman at the front desk.

“Miharu!!”

Miharu turned to find Hyejin, one of Jaejoong’s sister, coming towards her. “Hyejin! What are you doing here?”

“Bailing out Jaejoong.” She said casually. “What about you?”

“Bailing out Yunho.”

“Oh, yeah. I remember Jaejoong mentioning that you and Yunho were together again. That’s nice! I always thought you and Yunho looked good together.”

“Ms. Kim, Ms. Ono, please wait for a while. They will be bring out your brother,” the policeman looked at Hyejin “and your husband momentarily.” The policeman told Miharu. “In the mean time please have the papers filled out and pay that officer for their bail.”

Miharu was still frowning at being referred to as Yunho’s wife she didn’t notice Hyejin asking her something until Hyejin was pretty much shoving the piece of paper to be filled out in Miharu’s face.

“Thank you.” Miharu took the paper and started filling it out, annoyed that she was here but knowing that they would only have 1 phonecall, she decided to help Yunho out. She was so concentrated on the paper she didn’t notice Hyejin ask her something.

“I’m sorry what?” Miharu set the pen down as she finished filling up the papers.

“I was asking if you knew why they’ve been detained. “ Hyejin asked Miharu.

“No. I don’t know.” Miharu said and handed the officer her papers.

“That’s weird. They’re not the type of guys to do some idiocy. Especially Yunho.”

Miharu simply shrug her shoulders and handed the money for the bail to the officer.

"Miharu!" Yunho called out to her from the other end of the room.

"Officer, is Mr. Jung free to leave?" Miharu asked the officer.

"Yes Ma'am."

"Ok. Thanks." Miharu thanked the officer. "I hope we can grab coffee together or something Hyejin." Miharu smiled at Hyejin and turned to leave.

"Miharu! Miharu!" Yunho quickly followed Miharu out of the precinct.

 

"Miharu tak to me." Yunho begged for the past 10 minutes for Miharu to even look at him, to hear him out, to do something.

Since they left the precinct, Yunho ran after Miharu and tried to talk to her but she just kept walking, faking that she did not hear him and not one did she spare him a glance.

"Miharu~" Yunho said pathetically.

She stopped in the middle of the alley and sighed. "Yunho," She said and looked up to him. "I don't want to - OHMYGAWD! What happened to you?!" Miharu couldn't help the worry and concern from slipping out. She loved him, she hated it, but she wasn't a heartless monster that could look at another being andfeel nothing.

"Jaejoong happened to me." Yunho said. "Miha-"

"Let's bring you to a clinic." Miharu started walking in search for someone to treat his wounds.

"The precint gave us some alcohol to clean our wounds." Yunho followed her.

"Ok then. I'll just go home now." Miharu said, her face devoid of the concern previously displayed there. She turned and walked towards her home.

"Wait Miharu. Let me-" Yunho tried to grab her wrist but she moved swiftly out of his reach.

"No! I don't want to hear you explain." Miharu said stubbornly and stomped away.

"You have too!"

"No! I said no! No no no!" Miharu turned to face Yunho angrily. "I don't want to hear you're explanations! I don't want to!"

"But Mi-"

"NO! What is there to explain? What? That you fell for her at first sight? That even if you didn't want to cheat on me you just couldn't stop your feelings? I don't want to hear your explanation because then it'll be real and the hurt will just be that much more. I don't want to!" Miharu cried out.

"Miharu...it's not like that - "

"Really it isn't?" Miharu challenged Yunho. "Yunho just...let's pretend this past few weeks, month, never occured. You go back to putting criminals behind bars and defending innocently accused people and I'll go back to baking." Miharu wiped the tears that started to flow and turned to leave.

Yunho just watched her go off into the night.

 

 

 

 

 

----------

 

IT'sOVER!!!

The Hiatus, not the fic.

More stuff to happen. Jae and Miharu making peace.

Yunho and Miharu...uhmm...something.

And then a little epilogue

and then the end.

 

 

Want to wrap this up and start a new fic

DEMN...must not start a new fic!! ugh.

Happy tuesday everyone!!