Little Steps ; Step Six

Little Steps [currently editing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
      Little Steps ; 
  Step Six

 

 

 

Yesung and Hyukjae decided to pick up their maknae today because they knew that the brat would wake up late, again.



The first thing they did when they got inside the younger’s apartment was to raid Kyuhyun's kitchen. The second thing that they did was to go to the guest room where they knew Sandeul was sleeping, only to be confused when they saw the room empty. But that confusion was replaced by a knowing look when they deduced where the kid slept last night.



With silly smiles on their faces, they carefully tip toed towards their vocalist's room.




They opened the door slightly and poked their heads inside and were amused by the sight that greeted them.



They were expecting Kyuhyun and Sandeul to be cuddled, hugging each other, but not like that…



Half of Kyuhyun's body was already dangling on the side of the bed. His stomach exposed in his dead like state, mouth wide open. Sandeul was no better. The kid was laying spread eagle at the foot of the bed, one foot on Kyuhyun's stomach while the other was bent in a very strange way, eyes and mouth slightly open while snoring. The scene was a total contrast to how sweet they looked like last night. Just add some blood to the scene and Yesung and Hyukjae would have believed that the two had been murdered.




"Remind me to never sleep with these two dudes." Yesung told Hyukjae as he walked towards the 'crime scene'. He figured that they weren't going to wake up even if he screamed bloody murder that moment. "How should we wake them up?" He asked while poking Sandeul's cheek. The kid didn't even shifted from his sleep.




"Should we try water bomb?" Hyukjae suggested as he was feeling naughty that morning.




"Do you want to die?" Yesung deadpanned. "Two evil human beings will be after you once you do that." He said matter-of-factly as he continued to play with Sandeul's face. He chuckled when he saw Sandeul scrunched his nose in annoyance.




"Hyuk! Hyuk! Come here!" The guitarist exclaimed excitedly while flailing. Hyukjae, who was curious on why his hyung became so excited, complied. "Look at baby dude." He ordered and poked Sandeul's nose, the kid scrunched his nose once again as soon as Yesung's pinky finger came contact with his skin, eliciting a giggle from the weird guitarist.




Hyukjae watched his hyung while shaking his head. How shallow and childish his hyung could get? Though he himself couldn’t stop the unmanly giggles that surprisingly came out of his mouth when he heard Sandeul mumbling incoherent words while trying to swat Yesung's intruding hands away from his face.




"Asdfghjkl!" The kid mumbled angrily while shifting in his sleep.



"Coochie, coochie coo~" Yesung cooed, fingers now playing with Sandeul's ear, not giving up on disturbing the kid from his sleep.



"ASDFGHJKL!!" Sandeul snapped, shifting once again to avoid the finger assaulting his ears.




"Wakey, wakey baby dude." Yesung was having too much fun that he almost screamed when Sandeul suddenly opened his eyes and blinked at him.




Sandeul was sleeping peacefully, dreaming of cakes and candies and lots and lots of chocolates. He was about to eat them in his precious dream when he felt a sudden touch on his face. He decided to ignore it but it was getting persistent and annoying already.



He decided that he already had enough of the disturbance and so he opened his eyes to see what was disturbing his sleep. He was greeted by Yesung's face that was so close to him.




He slept besides his daddy last night, right? It should be his daddy's face that should be greeting him and not that weird dude's face, right? Where was his daddy anyway? Was last night all just a dream? Or maybe he was just having a nightmare that moment?




Sandeul figured that he was still dreaming because that was the only thing that made sense. Yesung was there so it only meant he was having a nightmare. He blinked, thinking that Yesung's face would disappear when he opened his eyes again.




But he was wrong.




"Ahhhhhhhhhhh!" Sandeul screamed his high-pitched scream when Yesung's face was still there when he opened his eyes. Yesung was taken aback; he was surprised by the sudden shrieks so he screamed back.




Which lead to...





"What? What! WHAT?!?" Kyuhyun bolted from his sleep when he heard screaming, a scared look on his face.



Was his apartment on fire?



"You scared me Yeye dude! I thought I was having a nightmare! You almost gave me a heart attack. Ohmydude, I hate you!" Sandeul cried while hitting Yesung with the pillows.




"I was just trying to wake you up! You scared me too. You almost damage my poor eardrums." Yesung answered back, arms covering his face as he tried to dodge the kid's pillow attack. "Someone get this crazy baby dude away from me! Help!" He screamed in vain.



Hyukjae, who just stayed silent the whole time broke into hysterical laughter at the different scenes that was unfolding in front of his eyes. This was surely going to his list of one of the best morning he ever had.



Kyuhyun finally returned to his consciousness and realized what was happening. "What are you guys doing here?" He already let Sandeul invade his room last night but that didn't mean his friends could too. "Get out!" He yelled, pointing at the door. He only wanted a peaceful morning with himself but now it was clear that he couldn’t have it. Not today anyway.




He made a mental note to confiscate the spare keys from the two... Or maybe he should just change his lock? Just to be sure.




The three picked themselves up, marching towards the door.




"This is your entire fault." Sandeul hissed at Yesung. He was looking forward for more cuddling time with his daddy but thanks to these two ahjussis, he couldn’t have it now. Sandeul pouted at the thought. Well, at least he already got the chance to sleep with his daddy last night.



Sandeul could feel that he was already getting there. He was already proud of himself for accomplishing so many things in just a matter of a few days. And now, he was looking forward for more.


 

xxx
 




"Wow!" Sandeul was in awe when the four of them arrived at the venue of the concert that would be held later that night. The kid was sitting on his knees; hands were pressed on the car's window while looking outside. The venue of the concert was big but that wasn’t the reason why he was in awe.


He was in awe at the sight of the sea of fans that were already lining up outside the venue. It was still early in the morning, too early for Sandeul's liking and they were already lining up? To think that the concert would start in the middle of the night.




The three members of the bands that were in the car were feeling smug at the reaction they got from the kid. Kyuhyun was the most smug out of them, proud smile lighting up his face. Sandeul’s honest reaction towards their popularity was a big ego booster.




"I know you're all popular, but I didn't know you're this popular." The kid mused. Kyuhyun's proud smile faltered a bit while the two people sitting in the front seat had the sudden urge to face palm themselves. Hard.




"What a good way to cheer us up, Sandeuckie." Kyuhyun said sarcastically.



"I was just saying my honest opinion, daddy." Sandeul answered defensively. He was just being really honest. What was wrong with that?




"Whatever little duck." His daddy said dismissively.


 

xxx






"Oh good. You guys are finally here." Heechul greeted. The newly appointed manager looked a bit disheveled when the four of them entered the dressing room. The three members of the band quirked their eyebrows when they saw that their Hangeng hyung was no better. What were they doing a while ago? Both of them seemed to be caught off guard.




There was something fishy going on between the two, they could tell. Maybe that was why Hangeng was always missing in action? But the band members didn’t press further. As long as Hangeng was happy at what he was doing then it was fine with them. That was how supportive they were to each other, but that didn’t mean they would miss the chance of teasing and interrogating him. But that could wait, because they still have a concert to finish.




"I need you boys to come in here. We need to discuss some minor things for the concert." Heechul called out. The band must admit, Heechul might be a diva but he was really doing a good job of being their new manager.




"How about me, mama Chullie?" Sandeul asked while raising his hand. If Kyuhyun was surprised at the way Sandeul called Heechul, he didn't show it. He wasn’t jealous or anything. Sandeul called everyone with a nickname anyway. No, he wasn’t jealous.




"You can sit there while we're having our last-minute meeting." Heechul pointed to a couch that was perched on the side of the dressing room before turning towards Kyuhyun. "Brat, lend your son your PSP or whatever gaming device you have there so he won't get bored." Heechul said, or more like demanded.




"What? No! Why mine? I am so not lending my precious babies to anyone, especially him." Kyuhyun refused. His games were only for him to touch.




"Because you're the only game freak that I know in here." The manager of a diva said matter-of-factly. "And stop being childish, it’s just a gaming device. Share it to the kid."




Kyuhyun frowned. He looked at Sandeul who was already showing his puppy dog eyes.




Goddamn it! Why does Sandeul had to have Sungmin's puppy dog eyes?




"Fine!" He grunted in defeat, going through his back pack with a heavy heart to retrieve his ever so precious PSP. He reluctantly handed it to Sandeul's eagerly waiting hands.



"Take good care of it. I swear I'll pull your two front teeth using my own hands when I saw a scratch in there." He threatened, eyes lingering on his beloved that was already being played by the kid.




"Don't worry daddy, I'll take care of this baby." Sandeul assured him, not even sparing a glance at his daddy as he was already busy playing.



 

xxx





It was about twenty minutes of playing when Sandeul became bored. Gaming wasn’t really his thing, he’d rather eat to be honest. The band wasn’t finished with the meeting yet and there was nothing more to play.




He jumped off the couch and decided to just look around the dressing room, hoping to see something interesting. He was walking slowly, checking every corner, being the curious kid that he was, and came across with a box. He opened it and saw bottles of alcohol inside.




"Excuse me noona." He called when a random stylist passed by him. "What is this for?" Of course he knew what those alcohols were for, he just wanted to be sure.





"Oh, the band members always drink those before performing. Kyuhyun requested those every concert." Sandeul thanked the noona before going back to his seat, frowning. He already figured it out. He knew that his daddy loves drinking, if those bottles of beers and wines in his refrigerator were not enough proofs yet, but he didn't know that they drink before performing. Wasn’t that dangerous? Maybe it was a rocker thing? Sandeul wasn’t really sure since he liked girl groups more and didn't know much about rock bands though his daddy was a member of one. He knew one thing though and he was sure of it. Too much alcohol was bad for their health.




Why do both of his parents have to be alcoholic?


 

xxx

 




"Wow!" It seemed like Sandeul would keep saying those words that night. He was fascinated at how the band looked like in their rocker outfits. "You're so handsome daddy! Wuah, so cool!" The kid spazzed as he circled around them, even touching his daddy's dark clothes.




"Of course I'm handsome." Kyuhyun said smugly, earning some scoffs but didn't pay attention to it. "I'll be more handsome later when I’m done with my make-up and see me rocking on that stage."




"Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say Cho." Heechul dismissed the boasting guy and turned to Sandeul. "Come here, Sandeullie. I'll make you look cool too." He said, showing the black clothes in his hands, his own set of costumes. He wouldn't let his nephew left out of course. Sandeul's eyes brightened at the sight of it and went to Heechul's side excitedly, wanting to wear it immediately.




It took some time to dress the kid. Heechul had a hard time putting the tight clothes on Sandeul but he succeeded anyway and was satisfied with the result. The kid might be chubby but he looked good in anything that he wore, just like his mommy.





"Aren't you the cutest rock star?" Heechul cooed while taking some pictures of his nephew. Sandeul grinned at the compliment. He couldn't wait for his daddy to see him in that outfit.





"Nice." Yesung praised as soon as he saw Sandeul going out of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter