Little Steps ; Step Three

Little Steps [currently editing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  Little Steps ;      Step Three

 

 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun cursed himself inwardly. Why was he thinking of Sungmin again? He shouldn't be thinking of him. Sungmin was supposed to be buried in the deepest part of his brain. He thought that he already forgot about him but guessed he was wrong since that name started popping in his mind ever since he laid an eye on Sandeul.




Why was Sandeul reminded him of Sungmin anyway? Yeah, they were both cute, if Kyuhyun would really be honest to himself, but lots of people were cute too, right?




Oh damn it Kyuhyun, stop thinking about him. He left you, remember? It was he who left you so stop thinking about him because he is not worth your time! He scolded himself before shaking his head. He better use his time focusing on what was happening in his life right now, or better yet, he should focus on the kid who was currently suffocating him right now.




"H-help..." he choked, asking for help because Sandeul was smothering him. The kid's arms were locked on Kyuhyun's neck while his legs were wrapped around his waist, so much for a simple hug. "Can't breathe." He said once again and was relieved when Sandeul finally took pity on him and loosen his hold on his daddy's neck though Kyuhyun still felt a bit suffocated because damn, Sandeul was heavy sitting on his lap and stomach.




"You guys are trying to get me killed aren't you?" He accused his two band mates who were just watching him with identical silly smiles on their face. "You're that desperate to get rid of me that you even used a child to execute your dirty plans."




"Now, now Kyuhyunnie, accusing is bad. Yesung hyung and I were just watching how sweet you two look like. You, hugging a child, is really a rare sight to see you know. We must cherish the moment." The drummer, who never seemed to run out of things to tease his best friend, said with a gummy smile which Kyuhyun found really annoying. Kyuhyun didn't stop himself from throwing the first thing he grabbed, which was a turtle plushy, towards his so called best friend.




Sandeul remained quiet despite of the chaos that was happening inside the car. He was feeling giddy because after five years, he finally got the chance to hug his daddy. "Daddy, did you really mean the things you said a while ago? That you're really sorry for what you did?" The kid asked out of the sudden which caught his father off guard.




Kyuhyun coughed awkwardly at the sudden question. "Well..." He trailed off. It was an easy question but Kyuhyun didn't know how to answer it. He felt conflicted. To be honest, he didn't really mean it. He wasn't actually that sorry for yelling and scolding Sandeul. Yelling and scolding people were his thing after all, he did it almost every day to their staffs. He was not sorry... well at first, not after he saw Sandeul's sad face. His conscience immediately kicked him which was a rare thing to happen.




“Yes…?” he finally answered skeptically.



Sandeul frowned when he sensed the hesitation in Kyuhyun's voice. He scrunched his little nose and pouted, a cute mannerism he got from his mommy. "I'll forgive you if you promise not to do that again." 



Why is this kid so demanding? Kyuhyun thought to himself. "I am not going to promise anything." He stated.




Why is my daddy so stubborn? Was the question playing on Sandeul's mind. "Why not?" The kid whined.




"Just because! And will you please shut up now. Give me a moment of peace and let me rest even just for a minute." Kyuhyun said exasperatedly, letting his head rest in the backrest with his eyes close. Lack of sleep and hang over taking a toll on his worn out body.




"But daddy--"




"Shh!" the vocalist quieted him down.




"Dadd-" Kyuhyun couldn't stand the noise anymore and so he lifted his hand to cover Sandeul's mouth for the second time that day.




"You can't close that mouth of yours, can you?" Kyuhyun said sarcastically as he moved his other hand on Sandeul's waist, lifting him with a little bit difficulty; he swore he heard some of his bones cracking. He maneuvered the kid so he was facing away from him, perching the kid properly on his lap, holding capture of both his hands so he wouldn't move.




Sandeul, the restless and hyper kid that he was, immediately began to struggle and wiggle despite of his hands being imprisoned by his daddy. "Let go of me! Let gooooo~" he whined as he continued to wiggle his little , trying to face his daddy again.



"Stop struggling!"




"Baby dude, if I were you I will shut up now. You don't want to mess with a tired Kyuhyun. He turns to an angry dinosaur when he's tired and angry and I assure you, it’s not a pretty sight to see." Yesung piped in to warn the kid, shivering a bit at the mental thought of an angry Kyuhyun. The threat seemed to be effective since Sandeul became quiet for a moment. He tipped his head innocently to glance at his daddy.




He was about to ask if it was true because he didn't trust the weird dude but bit his tongue when he was greeted by a closed eyed Kyuhyun. His daddy looked really tired, there was a frown on his forehead while he seemed to be resting. Sandeul frowned at this, he kind of pity his daddy because he seemed really exhausted. Exhausted from working or too much partying? He had a good hunch that it was the latter. The kid rolled his eyes before shifting again to face Kyuhyun when he noticed that his grip loosen, earning a tired groan from Kyuhyun.




The vocalist was about to complain again but was stopped when he suddenly felt a soft hand touching his forehead. Kyuhyun found it really calming and relaxing and he would die first before he admitted it to the child. Sandeul gently traced his fingers on Kyuhyun's forehead, trying to remove the frown that was etched into it. He learned it from his mommy. His mommy did it to him whenever he was frustrated or tired with something and he knew how calming it was.




Sandeul knew he succeeded when he saw a small tug at the corner of his daddy's lips. Sandeul felt happy and proud knowing that his little gesture helped his daddy. Feeling a bit bolder, he once again scooted closer and rested his little body in his stomach, which of course earned another groan from Kyuhyun.




"Shh! Daddy! Just let me snuggle with you if you want to get your rest or else I won't shut up." the five year old kid shushed him. Kyuhyun, who was already too tired to fight with the energetic kid, just sighed in defeat. Sandeul mentally cheered at his success and immediately wrap his short arms to Kyuhyun's wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter