Little Steps ; Step One

Little Steps [currently editing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Little Steps ; 
  Step One

 

 

 

 

"Ya Shindong hyung! That's not a funny joke! How will that happen when just a minute ago, I just told these dudes that I always use protection? You can ask them if you want!" Kyuhyun exclaimed, pointing a finger to his band mates, who were quite surprised yet amused at the new found news.



"Well for your information Kyuhyun, condoms are only 99.9% percent effective, meaning, there's still a .1% chance for it to fail. It's written on the back of the condoms you know." Hyukjae said thoughtfully as he picked one of the said condoms from his pocket and threw it to Kyuhyun but the latter just disregarded it. He was not in the mood to read instructions on how to use a that moment.



"Shut up Hyukjae! You are not helping at all! And how the hell should I know about that thing? Do you think I have the time to read the instructions written on the back of the wrappers of condoms when I'm about to do it? No! I don't think so!" Kyuhyun shouted at Hyukjae. How dare the drummer lectured him in this thing when the drummer didn't even use a single one of those condoms that he always had in his pockets. There were just for display. Hyukjae was still a for Shisus' sake!



"Don't blame the condoms dudes, blame Kyuhyun and his healthy ." Yesung butted in, walking towards Kyuhyun so he could pat the youngest on his back. "Congratulations, daddy Kyuhyun. I've always thought that Geng and I are going to have the first child in this group. Guess I was wrong, I never thought you had it in you maknae." The guitarist added in a teasing way and immediately distanced himself away from Kyuhyun before the latter get the chance to punch him in his handsome face.



Yesung turned to Shindong instead and asked, "Shindong ah, where's the baby dude? I want to see our baby Kyuhyunnie's love child." The manager pointed outside, Yesung was about to go out to fetch the kid but Hyukjae beat him into it. Hyukjae ran outside before Yesung and Kyuhyun could stop him. It seemed like Hyukjae was the most excited to see his best friend’s so-called son.



Hangeng smiled at all of this. "See Kyuhyun? This is a sign that you should start changing your life. This kid is a blessing!" the leader said, sounding more like of a pastor, immediately taking the chance to enlighten their brat of a maknae.



Hangeng was not really bothered or worried if that was really Kyuhyun's son. As long as it could change Kyuhyun's lifestyle then he was fine with it. That was how much he loved Kyuhyun. He wanted the youngest to be guided on the right path. Who cares about new scandals? They were used to it anyway.



"Why are you guys doing this to me?" Asked by a very disappointed Kyuhyun, throwing an accusing look to his band mates. Shouldn't they all be worried or angry at him for having a son? "We're still not sure if he really is my son. We haven't seen him yet for Shisus' sake. Who knows if he's just being used? What if he's not my real son? Which I really think is not because it’s just too hard to believe." He rambled, he really was careful when it came to doing those kinds of things, especially these past few years. So how come?



His eyes widened when a sudden thought came to his mind and immediately pointed an accusing finger to his band mates and manager. "You planned this, didn't you? You plan all of this!" He accused, betrayal was showing on his agitated face. "I knew it! You hired someone for this! You asked a desperate mother to lend you his child so he could play the role of my son. You guys are so adamant on changing me that you have to go through all of this trouble for me. I'm kind of touched at your concerns dudes, but I don't need it. Now go take the child back to his desperate mother and leave me in peace."



"Kyuhyun..." Yesung called him in a voice so sweet it gave Kyuhyun a goose bump. He placed a small hand on the younger's back. "We don't know why, but yes, we do love you. We love you Kyuhyun but we are not that desperate to spend money for you." the lead guitarist added and it took all Kyuhyun's will not to bish slap his hyung.




Did his hyungs really love him? Because come to think of it, they didn't even buy him food, not once. Didn't all hyungs have to do that to their maknae even just for once?




"You people are the worst hyungs a dongsaeng could have." He complained in an uncharacteristic manner.




Kyuhyun was about to open his mouth to complain more when a running kid suddenly appeared in the room and made a beeline towards him, said kid immediately latched himself on Kyuhyun's right leg.



"Daddy~"



To say that Kyuhyun was surprised would the biggest understatement of the century. He froze in his spot, hands lying motionless on both sides of his body, face pale while the kid continued to hug his leg, cheek rubbing on his pants.




"HOLY SHI-asdfghjkl!!" Kyuhyun's supposed to be curse was muffled when Yesung thankfully put his small, but useful hands on Kyuhyun's mouth just in time before the colorful string of curses flew out of his mouth. It wouldn't be a nice thing for the kid to hear.



"Get him off me, get him off me! I'm not your daddy!" Kyuhyun exclaimed hysterically, head swinging from left to right, eyes closed as he continued to thrash around, not seeing the pain that momentarily flashed on the kid's eyes because of the immediate rejection.



Kyuhyun was surprised all right; he almost had a heart attack at the appearance of his so-called son. He didn't expect it at all, heck no one actually expected it and while his band members were happy about it, he was clearly not. What would happen to his happy go lucky life now that there was this someone claiming to be his child?



"Daddy! I finally saw you daddy." Kyuhyun was rendered speechless while the kid continued to cling to Kyuhyun despite his protests a while ago. Kyuhyun could also swear that he heard his band mate cooing. They chose that time to coo instead of ripping away the clinging kid on his legs! And Kyuhyun may not show it, but he could also swear that there was something wrong with him when he felt a sudden swelling on his heart when he heard the kid calling him daddy.



Why was he feeling like that?



He just shook his head and pretended it didn't happen.



The young daddy sighed in relief when Hangeng finally peeled the clingy kid off of Kyuhyun's leg.
 

xxx




It was quiet inside the practice room. Kyuhyun's eyes were fixed and just staring blankly at the kid in front of him.



Looking at the kid's face reminded Kyuhyun of someone.



Kyuhyun was expecting a younger kid, heck he was actually thinking of a baby, a still crawling and babbling baby and a mother who would ask for money support. Someone whom he thought his band mates hired to troll him. He didn't expect his so-called son to be this old. The kid looked like he was already four or five. That meant that he was still the kind-of-innocent Kyuhyun when the kid happened, it was the time when his life wasn't yet active. Who did he exactly knock up?



The kid was doing the same. They were sitting facing each other, eyes to eyes. Kyuhyun was studying the kid's face seriously while the kid was taking his time to stare at Kyuhyun's face, making up for the five years that he hadn't seen his daddy's face. But then the kid got tired of staring. He found out that it was boring to look at Kyuhyun's face. Yes his daddy was handsome but he still preferred his mommy's face and also, Kyuhyun staring at him like that gave him the creeps.



SLAP!



The kid slapped Kyuhyun hard, which successfully broke Kyuhyun's trance. "Daddy, I know I’m cute but you don't have to stare at me like that. Didn't anyone tell you that it’s rude to stare?" the little kid asked innocently.




Kyuhyun held his throbbing cheek. "Ouch!" He exclaimed and glared at the kid before facing his band mates who were hovering them. "You’re saying that this is my son? Look at how bad and mean he is. I definitely don’t have a son like that, plus, I’m too young to have one." Kyuhyun whined. His band mates’ eyebrows quirked at the same time before giving their maknae a weird and judging look.



"Have you heard what you've just said Kyuhyun? Those words that you used to described this kid were the exact words that perfectly describes your own personality. He is definitely your son.” Hyukjae pointed out.



The kid nodded vigorously at what Hyukjae said. "Yes, believe it or not, I am your son, daddy Kyuhyun." the kid declared before he jumped off of his chair to stand in front of Kyuhyun.




Kyuhyun lowered his head so he was the same level as the kid and held him on his shoulder, "Ya kid! I think--" all the words he was about to say died down on his throat when something finally clicked inside Kyuhyun's brain after seeing the kid's face up close.



The kid's face really reminded him of someone, especially those big eyes of him. He already saw those big eyes but he couldn't point a finger on where he saw it. He was feeling lost and confused when he felt a tug on his shirt.



"Won't daddy give Sandeullie a hug?" Kyuhyun was greeted by the kid's pleading face when he decided to look at him again.



"I... I think you're making a mistake here kid. I'm not your daddy! It’s just impossible" Kyuhyun stuttered. Why was he stuttering in front of a kid? Where did the oh so confident Kyuhyun went? Kyuhyun frowned when he saw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter