Step Eleven- reveal everything

Little Steps [currently editing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Little Steps

Step Eleven- reveal everything

 

 

 

Kyuhyun groaned in annoyance as he moved his hands around his bed, trying to look for his ringing phone. He was sleeping soundly a while ago, but his phone suddenly rang, waking him up.

 

His sleep is always being interrupted ever since Sandeul came into his life. And he can’t help but to wonder on what sorts of bad things did he do in his past life to deserve this.

 

He heaved a deep, sleepy sigh when his fingers finally touched his phone and put it beside his ears only to almost throw it away when he heard shouting on the other line.

 

"Cho Kyuhyun! Where is Sandeul!?!" Kyuhyun heard in his sleepy state.

 

"Sandeul? He is with his amazona of a mother, why?" He answered, eyes still close.

 

"Who are you calling amazona? You bastard!" came the reply but it was ignored by the still lethargic Kyuhyun.

 

"Who are you? What do you want?" Kyuhyun groaned, getting irritated already.

 

"This is Sungmin, you bastard! Where is Sandeul? You kidnap him again, didn't you?!" Sungmin, the person on the other line accused.

 

"Stop accusing me! I was innocently sleeping here before you called me. I didn't do anything." Kyuhyun yawned. The fact that it was Sungmin who he was talking to is not sinking into his brain yet.

 

" Cho! If Sandeul is not with you then that means Sandeul is missing!" Sungmin shrieked on the phone.

 

"Hmm...okay." was Kyuhyun's calm answer who was rubbing the sleep of his eyes.

 

....

 

....

 

...

 

"Wait what?!?!" He shouted when it finally sinks in.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

"Can you two please stop walking around and sit down for a while? You are making us dizzy." Heechul said while looking at the mommy and daddy who kept on walking in circles inside Hangeng's house.

 

Kyuhyun immediately went to his friend’s house, where Sungmin and Sandeul stayed last night, after getting changed and now, just like what Heechul said, they were walking around and can't keep still as they both worry about their missing son.

 

"What did happen anyway?" Kyuhyun asked.

 

"I don't know." Sungmin said exasperatedly. "We went to sleep together and when I woke up, he's not there anymore."

 

 

"This is your fault Sungmin. If you didn't take Sandeul from me yesterday he may still be sleeping or eating in my kitchen right now." Kyuhyun stopped and faced Sungmin who also stopped.

 

"Oh, so are you saying that it’s wrong to take my own son with me? Wow Kyuhyun, just wow!" Sungmin answered back sarcastically.

 

"I was just saying the truth. He was with you before he went missing. And now he's missing because of you."

 

"Calm down you guys and stop blaming each other." Hangeng butted in before the blond mommy can answer back.

 

"How can I calm down when my son is missing?!" both of them exclaimed at the same time, they looked and glared at each other before looking away.

 

 

"Maybe the two of you were just exaggerating? Maybe he just went outside to take a breath of fresh air, or maybe he just went somewhere close? Or maybe Siwon came here a while ago while we are all sleeping and take Sandeul with him to walk around and didn’t bother to tell someone because he doesn’t want to disturb us." Heechul tried to reason out.

 

"That horse!" Kyuhyun muttered silently to himself.

 

"Sandeul won't do that. He won't even dare to go out alone. He's not good with directions. And I already called Siwon. He told me that he's still in the hotel that he's staying at and haven't been out yet." Sungmin explained, worry evident in his voice.

 

"Did you already try calling him?" Kyuhyun asked.

 

Sungmin gave him a deadpanned look, "You think I’m stupid? Of course I already did! And he left his phone here."

 

"I was just asking. You could have answered me in a nice way you know, you didn't have to shout at me."

 

"How can you expect me to calm down and answer your stupid question calmly when my son is once again missing?"

 

"Oh god! Can you please stop bickering? Just this once, can you?" Hangeng pleaded, his ears were already ringing because of the shouts he's been hearing from the two that early morning. It was worse than listening to Heechul bishing around.

 

"I can’t blame Sandeul if he indeed ran away this time. Just look at his parents, so childish." Heechul commented while shaking his head, only to receive a not-so-nice look from said parents.

 

"You know what? Instead of fighting over there. Why don't we just look for him?" Hangeng, being the normal one between the four of them, suggested.

 

Kyuhyun immediately went to get his coat and made a beeline to the door with Sungmin on his tail.

 

 

***

 

 

"Aren't you going to get in?" Kyuhyun eyed Sungmin who was just standing outside his car.

 

"I'd rather take a taxi than to share a ride with you. Thank you very much."

 

Kyuhyun sighed. He's not really in the mood to deal with Sungmin's bish mode right now. His son is missing for the second time now and he's not happy about it.

 

"Fine! Suit yourself. I’m going to look for my son alone then." He said one last time and drive off, leaving a very surprised and gaping Sungmin behind.

 

Yes, Sungmin said that he doesn't want to be with Kyuhyun but he didn't expect that he's going to leave him alone there.

 

"Aish!" Sungmin childishly stomped his foot in the ground. "That bastard!" He shouted, feeling frustrated, not really liking how Kyuhyun left him alone there. He somehow felt... rejected?

 

He's been sitting there for ten minutes now and there's no taxi yet. Sungmin thought of just going back inside Hangeng's house but he decided against it because he's sure that Heechul will just . And so with new resolve, he stood up and started walking with heavy steps, thinking of the possible places Sandeul might be at the moment.

 

Park.

 

That was the first place that popped into Sungmin's mind. He remembers seeing a park near Hangeng's place yesterday. Maybe Sandeul's there? Most kids love parks and Sandeul is one of those said kids. And so Sungmin decided to walk to the park's direction first.

 

The blond mommy was walking dazedly; his thoughts were on Sandeul, thinking of why his son didn't tell him that he's going out. Is his son angry at him? Is he mad for taking him away from his daddy? But they were fine last night. They even cuddled to sleep, so why?

 

Sungmin sighed. This is one of the reasons why he didn't want Sandeul to meet Kyuhyun. Everything is a mess. His relationship with his son is not good at the moment and his relationship with his son's daddy is not that good either. Everything is really in a big disorder. Is this the start of a family problem? Sungmin is getting stressed already. He really hopes that his son is in the park so he can talk to him and fix what's happening in their lives right now.

 

 

 

Sungmin was busy being emo as he childishly kicks some rocks while walking when his peaceful reverie was suddenly interrupted by something...

 

"Holy !" the blond mommy jumped in his spot when he heard the loud honk that almost broke his eardrums. "What is your proble-- what are you doing here?!" He raised a questioning and judging eyebrow when he saw who the culprit was.

 

"Why did you go back?" He asked once again when he got over his shock and the man in question didn't answer. He glanced at the car and narrowed his eyes to the man sitting in the driver's seat who has his window rolled down.

 

"The answer on your question is very simple, Sungmin..." Kyuhyun eyed the blond model lazily before he continued his words, "I am not the kind of person who leaves someone easily without saying goodbye, especially when that said someone is used to be a special someone."

 

Sungmin felt like he's been splashed with cold water by Kyuhyun’s words. Kyuhyun's words went straight and pierced his heart. Kyuhyun was clearly talking about the things in the past. Is this Kyuhyun's way of making him guilty? He’s getting successful at it. He’s starting to get guilty... and it hurts. He doesn't know what to say so he just opted on being quiet while his head was lowered in shame.

 

"Aren't you going to get in?" Kyuhyun asked, still eyeing Sungmin who was frozen on his spot.

 

"Huh?" Sungmin asked in a silent voice.

 

"I said, are you going to get in or what?" Kyuhyun repeated in a louder voice this time, his face showing how victorious he was for he could see how affected Sungmin was because of his words a while ago. "Don't make me drag you here, Sungmin. I swear I'll do it."

 

"Why would I go with you?" Sungmin asked. He is not going with Kyuhyun anywhere, not now that he knew that Kyuhyun will only make him more guilty of what he had done in the past.

 

"We are going to look for our son." Came Kyuhyun's obvious reply.

 

Our son

 

He heard those words again from Kyuhyun. Our son. He liked it. He really, really likes the sound of it. Sungmin felt like a freaking bipolar now.

 

"I can look for my own son, thank you very much." Sungmin lifted his head, an act that say that he was not affected. He refused to look at Kyuhyun's direction though. Yeah, so much for not being affected.

 

Sungmin turned away and resumed his walking. He needed to get away from Kyuhyun as soon as possible. The blond mommy was so focused on escaping from his ex that he didn’t notice the BIG rock that innocently lying on the ground in front of his feet.

 

"Sungmin wait..." Kyuhyun who noticed the said rock, shouted. Trying to stop Sungmin from walking any further but unfortunately, he was too late because he already saw Sungmin kissing the ground.

 

Kyuhyun who was torn between laughing and crying immediately opened his car and went out to run to Sungmin's side.

 

"Ow... Ow.. ! My nose!" He heard him cursing when he was already on his side and helped him sit on the ground.

 

"God, you're still one stupid bab--" Kyuhyun stopped himself before he could even finish his words when he saw Sungmin’s eyes getting bigger.

 

He wanted to zip and stitch his own mouth when he saw the surprise and questioning look on his ex's face.

 

Kyuhyun couldn't blame Sungmin though. He almost called the blond guy on one of their 'sweet endearments' after all.

 

 

Kyuhyun cleared his throat, "what I meant to say is, you are as stupid as your baby. I remember Sandeul kissing the ground on his first day at my apartment. And he also got a scratch on his nose just like you." Kyuhyun reasoned quickly as he dusted the dirt on Sungmin's clothes who was sitting on the ground like a child.

 

"Can you please be careful next time? You’re not a child or a teenager anymore Sungmin. And you are a model for god sake; take care of yourself will you?" Kyuhyun continued, scolding him while checking the other's nose and was relieved when he saw that he only got scratches and there's nothing to worry about.

 

Sungmin just sat there, listening while watching Kyuhyun fuss over him. A while ago, Kyuhyun was guilt tripping him and now he's concern?

 

 

 

 

Maybe Sungmin is indeed bipolar and Kyuhyun was the cause of it because Sungmin can't help but to smile inwardly at Kyuhyun and his gestures. Kyuhyun is concern and he's treating him like a child like he always does when they were still together.

 

 

…and then he frowned once again when he finally realized something.

 

 

"Oww!" Kyuhyun's hand flew on his forehead when Sungmin flicked him there.

 

"Did you just say that Sandeul had a scratch on his cute little nose when he was with you?" Sungmin questioned him, mother mode on.

 

Kyuhyun scratched his neck and smiled sheepishly at Sungmin, "Well, you see that was an accident. I was running after him when he caught his foot on the carpet and the next thing I knew, he's already on the ground with an almost broken nose." Kyuhyun received another flicked in his forehead.

 

"I did take him in the hospital the next day! He even had a pink bunny band aid!" Kyuhyun explained. He had indeed taken him to the hospital, but not for a check up but for the DNA test. Sungmin doesn't need to know that though.

 

 

Sungmin hit Kyuhyun on the head for the last time and said, "Stop fighting with kids will you? You are so childish. Be thankful that Sandeul was not hurt or else you will be breathing through your mouth right now."

 

"Me? childish? Pffft! Says the one who is sitting on the dirty ground like a kindergartener." Kyuhyun mumbled back only to ran away when he saw Sungmin trying to get up from the ground to probably beat him again.

 

But no raging Sungmin came. The said man was still on the ground, frowning.

 

"Problem?" Kyuhyun walked back to where he was and squatted a little to peek on Sungmin.

 

"Nothing," Sungmin deadpanned which received a look from Kyuhyun.

 

"There's something wrong with you. I can tell just by looking at your face." Kyuhyun pointed out. Kyuhyun knows Sungmin so well and Sungmin hates it sometimes, especially at a time like this.

 

"Nothing's wrong, Cho. You can go now. Shoo~" But Kyuhyun didn’t listen and smirked instead.

 

"You sprained your foot, didn't you? ~"

 

 

Sungmin immediately blushed as soon as those words came out of Kyuhyun's mouth. He can't help but to feel embarrassed. "I did not." He denied.

 

"Yes you did." Kyuhyun told him with a teasing smile.

 

"Go away; your smile is irritating me." Sungmin said and it only made Kyuhyun's smile grew wider.

 

"Stop pretending Sungmin, I can see you wincing in pain there."

 

Sungmin sighed. He hates how observant Kyuhyun is. "Fine! I may have sprained my feet a little bit. There I said it, happy? Now go!" Sungmin huffed, wanting to disappear when he heard Kyuhyun laughing at him.

 

"You really are stupid, Sungmin. You are the only person that I know who tripped because of a big rock that screams 'I am here' and get injured because of it." Kyuhyun further teased, feeling brave as he knew Sungmin can't hurt him that moment... but he was wrong when he saw a flying stone towards his direction.

 

"Cho, if you're just going to tease me, please just leave." The nerve of Kyuhyun to laugh at him when he was the main reason on why he's in that situation right now. He wouldn’t be thinking of things and he won’t be walking dazedly a while ago if Kyuhyun just zipped his mouth and didn’t say those things about the past.

 

 

"Okay, okay I'll stop. Now let's go, we still have to find a missing little duck." Kyuhyun said, extending a hand in front of Sungmin and the blond just stared at it.

 

"Take it or I’ll leave you alone here." Kyuhyun threatened him. "You don’t want people seeing the famous model Vincent Lee sitting here in the dirty ground with a sprained foot, do you?" He added when he saw the unsure look in Sungmin's face. And yes, Kyuhyun did his so called research about Sungmin and his life in Japan last night, everything.. Well except for one thing since he won't find his answer even if he surfs the net the whole day. The only thing that he has to know right now is the reason why Sungmin left him. And he promised to himself that he will find it out soon.

 

 

At that threat, Sungmin slowly lifted his hand and hesitatingly took Kyuhyun's hand.

 

 

If the both of them felt something at the touch of their hands, they decided to just ignore it.

 

"Here, put your hand here so I can support you." Kyuhyun instructed, pointing to his waist, while his own hand s around Sungmin's waist and lift him a bit so the pressure won't be on his right foot that was sprained.

 

He felt Sungmin froze at his gesture but that didn't stop him from holding his ex. Sungmin didn't do what he asked for and so he took the liberty to take Sungmin's left hand and wrapped it around his waist.

 

"Yah! Kyutard!" He heard Sungmin complained. "I think you're already taking advantage." He said with a flustered face. Who wouldn’t be flustered if your ex, the daddy of your son, was practically hugging you?

 

"In your dreams, amazona. Stop putting dirty thoughts inside your head. This doesn't mean anything. I'm just helping you." Kyuhyun replied, poking Sungmin on his forehead playfully.

 

He didn't notice the pout that appeared in Sungmin's face because of his answer. But the thing that the blond guy didn't know was Kyuhyun's already mentally celebrating for he once again had the chance to hold Sungmin like that. And to top it all, he can smell Sungmin too. He still smells the same. Sungmin still smells like vanilla and marshmallows and Kyuhyun can't help but to smile at it.

 

"Good!" Sungmin said. He doesn’t know why but he felt a little disappointed. "Now take me to your car before someone sees us like this and mistaken you as my boyfriend."

 

"You'll be lucky if that happens. Many people would do everything just to be in your position right now you know." Kyuhyun boasted which earned an elbow attack from Sungmin.

 

"Spare me, Cho. I’m not like them." Sungmin wanted to add, ‘Stop comparing me with your fans. I already had a son with you, they can't top that.’ but because he's still in his right mind, he didn’t say it. "Off to the car." He said instead.

 

"Yes princess." Kyuhyun joked and started to lead his blond princess to his car with a sheepish smile on his face.

 

Kyuhyun is enjoying this that he almost forgot that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter