Little Steps ; Step Eight

Little Steps [currently editing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Little Steps;  --------------- Step Eight    

 

 

"That's not edited right? That's really cutie dude who is staring back at us with a smiling face, right?" Yesung asked while the both of them stared hard at the magazine lying on the white bed, their eyes and mouths wide open in disbelief.




"Hyung, you are the one who told me that he is the one who I think he is back to the mall. Now you're asking me that question?" Hyukjae ranted, giving Yesung a duh look.




"That magazine says that he's Vincent Lee. But he has our cutie dude's face." Yesung, who was still in awe, reasoned out. Hyukjae tried his best not to hit his hyung that moment for being so stupid.





"Have you heard of the word stage name hyung? Oh wait, I just remembered, you are using one." Hyukjae said sarcastically at his bone headed hyung. "He's Sungmin hyung and he's just using a stage name. Seriously Yesung hyung, you always make a fool of yourself when it came to Sungmin hyung."





"Hey! I take offense at that! I so do not make a fool out of myself when I see cutie dude." Yesung denied as he continued to flip the magazine, gasping every time he saw Sungmin's glorious pictures.





"Like I would believe that. I can still remember your epic fails from a few years ago. Oh, the happy memories." Hyukjae replied while trying his best to take a peek over Yesung's shoulder so he too could take a look at the magazine that Yesung was currently hogging to himself.





"Stop thinking about the past dude, it gives me chills… and ohmydude! Look Hyukjae! Look at this!" Yesung pointed at the magazine when he saw a particular article about Sungmin and his life in Japan.





"Give me that!" Hyukjae snatched the magazine from Yesung's hold just to stare dumbfounded at it. "Woah!" The drummer's small eyes grew twice as big as its size. "Should we tell Kyuhyun about this?"





"Should we?" Yesung asked back, looking bewildered.





"I don't know."






"Let's just keep it to ourselves then. Kyuhyun will figure it out soon." Yesung shrugged and snatched the magazine back.






"Hyung, let me borrow the magazine first." Hyukjae stretched his hand to get the magazine but Yesung just gave him a look.






"I'm still looking at cutie dude's pictures."





"I want to see Sungmin hyung too. Share it with me." Hyukjae whined.





"Go get your own!" Yesung shooed him away.





"I should have gotten one if I knew you're going to hog it all to yourself. You selfish hyung!"






"Go to sleep. We have a big day tomorrow." The guitarist dismissed him.






"Going to a band meeting tomorrow is not a big day for me." Hyukjae pouted, pertaining to their monthly company meeting tomorrow.






"Idiot! I'm talking about our baby dude's first day of school tomorrow."





"Ah yes, our Sandeullie's first day of school. I'm excited." Hyukjae said smiling to himself as he prepared himself to sleep. He decided to just give up tonight because he knew that Yesung could really be stubborn if he wanted to, today was one of those days. He would just steal the magazine when Yesung was already snoring loudly.






"I’m excited too," Yesung said. "Cutie dude, baby dude is going to school tomorrow." He murmured excitedly to the magazine that he was holding.



 

xxx






"Rise and shine baby dude. Rise and shine!" Yesung, being the morning person that he was, yelled happily as he shook Sandeul awake while Hyukjae was doing the same thing to Kyuhyun.





"No! Go away! asdfghjkl sleep!" The kid mumbled, rolling away from the big disturbance that was Yesung. When would Yesung stop disturbing his sleep? He hoped it would be soon.





"But baby dude, it's your first day of school. You need to get up now and prepare before you get late." The weird guitarist said as he tried to pull Sandeul, who was clinging tightly to the sleeping Kyuhyun.





"School?" Sandeul muttered, still disoriented from his sleep. "School... hmm..." Sandeul momentarily opened his eyes just to close them again. Yesung was about to scold him for being a sleepy head, just like his father, when Sandeul suddenly bolted from his sleep yelling, "School! I need to get to school!" And stood up so fast, he bumped his head to Yesung's jaw.





"Ouch! Baby dude! Ouch!" Yesung complained, eyebrows almost meeting each other because of the pain.





"Sorry, Yeye dude but school! I need to go to school!" Sandeul shouted as he jumped and flailed around Kyuhyun's room.






"Yes, yes. Calm down! You need to go to school so calm the freaking down! You're making me panic." Yesung, who was truly starting to panic, tried to hold the flailing kid.





Sandeul raised his head and looked at Yesung with indescribable look. "Yeye dudeeee! Schoooooool!" He growled loudly while clinging to Yesung's waist.





"Hyukjae, heeeeelppp!" Was Yesung's response, trying to get the whiny kid away from him as he looked at Hyukjae helplessly.






Hyukjae sighed at the sight. Does he always have to be the normal one in here? With a poker face, he walked towards the two and...





SLAP!





Yesung looked at Hyukjae with surprised eyes while holding his right cheek.





'"You okay now, hyung?" Hyukjae asked cautiously, eyeing his hyung, trying to see if he was fine.





"Yeah!" The now calmed Yesung answered. "But you didn't have to slap me!"





"At least it helped. Now calm the baby down while I slap his irresponsible daddy awake." Hyukjae turned his back to Yesung and walked back to where Kyuhyun was sleeping with a determined looked on his face. He needed to do something before their baby got late on his first day of school.





"Okay baby dude, look at me and calm down, breathe... inhale, exhale, inhale, exhal--"





"Ruuuuuuun! run for your liiiiveeees!" Hyukjae shouted hysterically while running towards the door.





"Who the freaking hell slap me? I'm going to kill you!" Kyuhyun yelled bloody murder, jumping from his bed, raging. There was a red pattern on his cheeks that suspiciously resembled Hyukjae's palm.





"!" Yesung whispered silently before taking a hold on Sandeul's waist. He lifted him with difficulty and followed Hyukjae outside the room yelling, "Hyukjae! I'm going to kill you again after Kyuhyun killed you!"



 

xxx






After some punches and slaps and more yelling later, everyone was now calm and very much wide awake.





"Sandeuckie, go and take a bath already. We need to take a bath too!" Kyuhyun ordered as he pushed the said kid towards the bathroom. "Try not to drown yourself in there okay?"





"You sure you don't want us to give you a bath?" Yesung, who was currently arranging Sandeul's school bag, asked.





"No!" Sandeul squeaked as an answer. "I'm not a baby anymore... And I don't want you to see my patootie too." Sandeul whispered the last words, blushing as his mind suddenly remembered the awkward moment that happened between him and his daddy on his first night at the apartment.





"But you are our baby, baby dude. No need to be shy. Come on, let your awesome Yeye dude give you a bath." Yesung further teased, resulting to a running and screaming Sandeul towards the bathroom.






"Hyung, stop teasing Sandeuckie." Kyuhyun scolded Yesung with a blushing face, because he too, was thinking of the same thing as Sandeul.






Yesung just laughed at him before saying, "You guys are no fun." And went back to packing Sandeul's things, sneaking some extra towels and more snacks inside.





"Make that two..." Kyuhyun pointed at the certain snack Yesung was holding before escaping to the kitchen to check up on Hyukjae, who was doing a good job of burning their supposed to be breakfast.






Yesung was surprised when Kyuhyun came back and said, "You know what hyung, make that three. That's Sandeul's favorite and put some extra water bottles too. He's too hyper; we don't want him getting dehydrated on his first day. Oh and hyung, not the green one, he doesn't like that flavor and... ! Hyukjae's going to burn my apartment soon!"






Yesung was smiling to himself as he watched Kyuhyun ran back to his kitchen with a fire extinguisher on his hand, happy at the thought that Kyuhyun really paid attention when it came to Sandeul even though the vocalist didn't want to admit it. He was actually surprised that Kyuhyun already knew Sandeul's favorite food and whatnot. Daddy Kyuhyun in action was amusing in Yesung's eyes.





"Finished!" Sandeul yelled, as he walked towards them with careful little steps, trying not to trip because of the towel, which was too big and fluffy for him, that was wrapped around his small body






Kyuhyun immediately attended to him with an extra towel ready in his hand. He knelt in front of him, pinching Sandeul's chubby cheeks that were still red from his bath, before toweling the jumping kid's dripping hair. "I did tell you to make it fast, but I didn't say that fast. You shower like Shindong hyung. Did you even shampoo your hair?" Kyuhyun asked, lowering Sandeul's head a bit so he could smell it and was satisfied when it smelled like his own shampoo.





"Of course I did." Sandeul defended himself. "And I washed my body too and even brushed my teeth. It's so cold in there!"





"You didn't turn the heater on, did you?"





Sandeul gave him a sheepish smile. "I forgot because you told me to make it fast. Hehe." Kyuhyun face palmed at Sandeul’s answer.





"Go and wear your uniform now before you catch a cold." Kyuhyun instructed and Sandeul immediately complied, skipping to Kyuhyun's room with a bright smile on his face.





"I think I know where baby dude got his fast showering skills." Yesung mumbled a bit loudly while side eyeing Kyuhyun.





The vocalist immediately caught at his hyung’s words. "Shut up hyung!" Kyuhyun groaned, giving Yesung a playful punch on his shoulder. "I only did it once and it's all because the heater is not working." He defended himself, talking about that day when he showered for only a few seconds because it' was really, really cold. His lanky could only take much.


 

xxx




"Should we buttoned it up all the way to his neck or leave two buttons open?" Kyuhyun asked as he fumbled on Sandeul's uniform. He couldn't decide on how he would handle the kid's uniform.





"No, just leave the two buttons open." Hyukjae suggested.





"But it will look cooler if we button it all up." Yesung butted in.





"But what if he choked? You know how fa-- “Kyuhyun stopped talking when he heard Sandeul groaned.”I mean, you know how chubby he is." He corrected, he almost forgot that saying the word fat made the kid sensitive.





"Daddy, just do what Yeye dude said. And I'm not that chubby." Sandeul huffed.





"Fine!" Kyuhyun mumbled, already working on Sandeul's buttons. "Okay, so what color of bow tie are we going to use today?" Kyuhyun asked again, pointing at the colored bow ties that came with Sandeul's uniform.





"Pink!" Sandeul shouted.





"Black!" Yesung said.





"Red!" Was Hyukjae's answer.





"Okay, we will use blue today." Kyuhyun said, smiling dorkily at the people around him, already tying the blue tie on the kid's neck with a bit difficulty, but managed to tie it perfectly in the end. "What about his socks?"





"My turn! White socks and that's final!" Hyukjae shouted before anyone could suggest anything.





"Okay. White socks it is." Kyuhyun said, already putting the knee high socks on Sandeul's tiny feet.





"What should we do with his hair?" Yesung, who was staring at Sandeul critically, asked.





"We will part and brushed it on the left side." Kyuhyun said, nodding to himself as he visualized it.





"Are you serious?" Hyukjae exclaimed. "Just because you're a nerd back in our school days doesn't mean Sandeul will too." Hyukjae said earning a 'Hey! I am not a nerd!' From Kyuhyun, but was pitifully ignored.





"We don't want Sandeullie to look like a nerd on his first day. I say we style it up just like mine." Hyukjae pointed to his bangs which were pushed upwards.






"Absolutely not. Let's just leave it messy. It's cooler. Right, little rock star?" Yesung asked Sandeul, and the latter just gave him a blank look.






"Daddy, Yeye dude and Monkey dude, I'm just going to school today. I'm not going to get married or something, no need to fuss over me like this." Sandeul complained as he puffed his cheeks. He was already getting tired of the attention he was getting. The three were starting to stress him out to be honest. These rock stars were worse than Sungmin and Heechul when it came to fussing over him.





Yeye dude and Monkey dude should get their own son soon, he thought.






"I can manage by myself." He added, leaning over to get his shoes and wear it by himself to make a point. The three went quiet as they watched the kid put his shoes on and tie his laces with trouble.





"Okay, maybe I need a little bit of help tying these things." He mumbled shyly afterwards, when he finally decided to give up on tying. Kyuhyun immediately came to help him.




"Yesung Hyung, help Sandeuckie with his hair please. Hyuk, please get and arrange all his things, we're going in a few. He's going to be late at this rate." Kyuhyun ordered around and was relieved when they complied immediately.




"Seriously, you are the smartest kid that I know but you can't tie your own shoes?"





"Daddy!" Sandeul called out, offended. "I'm not a perfect kid!"





"You're teasing him when you yourself couldn't--" Kyuhyun glared at Yesung, who was brushing and styling Sandeul's hair.





"Don't you dare continue, hyung." He threatened and Yesung just raised his hand with a hair brush in defense.



 

xxx






"Sandeuckie! Let's go! You're going to be late!" Kyuhyun shouted before entering Yesung's car. The kid refused to go out of Kyuhyun's apartment after getting prepped up by his daddy and two uncles.





"But daddy, I'm shy." The kid shouted back, hiding behind a post. Only his hair was showing.





"There is no reason for you to be shy. It's cute." His daddy shouted again, stopping himself from giggling at the way Sandeul looked like at the moment.





"He's right, baby dude. You really look so cute. Now come out of there." Yesung agreed.





"I won't. It's embarrassing." Sandeul whined, stomping his foot on the ground even though the three elders couldn't see him fully.





"Let's go Sandeullie, you are going to be late." Hyukjae tried to talk him into it but Sandeul still refused to come out. "Don't wait for us to go in there. We will drag you out, I swear." Hyukjae tried again in a very calm voice it actually freaked Sandeul out.





"Fine!" He huffed; he decided to only listen to Hyukjae, he was the only one who was closest to normal out of the three after all. "But no laughing and squishing and pinching me, okay?" He frowned when he heard no response from the three.





"Do you guys promise?" Sandeul asked again, peeking a bit from where he was hiding, giving the three grown up a sight of his bangs that was tied up into a little pony tail.





"You look like a sprout." Kyuhyun commented happily. Yesung and Hyukjae giggled when they saw a glimpse of him while Kyuhyun tried his best not to, though his lips were already twitching into an amused smile.





"Dudeeeees~" Sandeul whined again.





"We promise!" The three chorused, fingers crossed behind their backs.





Sandeul didn't believe them to be honest, Hyukjae's face alone was making him doubt, but he decided to go out anyway since he didn't really want to be late for his first day of school.





He took a deep breath and puffed his cheeks before stepping out, bracing himself for another wave of pinching and squishing.





Sandeul was wearing a white long sleeve, decorated by the blue bow tie Kyuhyun picked for him a while ago. He was wearing a black shorts that barely touched his knees, white knee high socks and black shoes. And the thing that made him look cuter was his hair that was tied up in an apple style that was nicely and proudly done by Yesung.





"You will be the cutest little dude there, I swear." Yesung said proudly as he looked at their masterpiece. They were very satisfied at the outcome.





"He will be a teacher's pet, I tell you. I’m so proud of our Sandeullie." Hyukjae cooed. Sandeul tried his best to swat the fingers away that was trying to pinch his already red cheeks.





"No pinching! My cheeks will fall out soon. Help!" Sandeul cried, running towards the car to escape Yesung and Hyukjae’s grabby hands. Kyuhyun watched the scene amusedly, his hand holding his phone, catching every moment in a video. He figured that Sungmin might want to see how cute his son looked like on his first day of school, though he might not appreciate how Yesung and Hyukjae tried to suffocate the chubby kid.





Kyuhyun also wanted to keep a remembrance of Sandeul's big day to himself of course. This moment was just too precious not to keep. It was his son's first day of school after all.





"Come on, guys. You already had your fun. Let's get this little duck to school now." Kyuhyun said as he shooed them one by one inside the car like he was herding some sheep.


 

xxx





Everyone was quiet inside the car as they eyed what was happening outside. They already arrived at Sandeul's school but no one dared to step out of the car.





"I think... I think I'm going to be sick. Let's go home?" Sandeul said nervously as he fiddled with his thumbs. Seeing other kids playing around with their friends made him think twice. And the fact that his daddy and his two dorks of an uncle would leave him alone in that school without friends made him hesitate.





"Yes, let's just go home." Kyuhyun agreed, he himself was fiddling with his fingers, a habit when he was nervous. He didn't really like the idea of leaving Sandeul alone in that school. What if he made no friends? What if he got bullied? What if he got hurt? He didn’t want a repeat of what happened at the concert. He didn't want to see Sandeul crying again. He didn't really like this.





"Oh come on, we're already here. Don't back out now." Hyukjae faced the father and son duo from the passenger seat and gave them a whiny face.





"I think I agree with them, I don't trust these little dudes. Let's just enroll baby dude again next year, yes?" Yesung suggested as he continued to observe the innocent kids running around with hawk like eyes. 





"Not you too, hyung. We are already here. No need to get nervous. Sandeullie will be fine. Let's go?" Hyukjae tried to convince them again, hands already opening the car's door.





"Easy for you to say." Kyuhyun mumbled with a pout, glaring daggers at Hyukjae who didn't know what he was feeling right now. Try sending your son to school, alone. Let's see what you'll feel, he thought.





"Daddy, do I really have to?" Kyuhyun looked down when he felt Sandeul tugging at the hem of his shirt. He was greeted by the kid's anxious face. It was the first time Kyuhyun saw Sandeul with that face. Where did the confident and excited Sandeul go?





"Well... It’s really up to you. You wanted to go to school right?" Said Kyuhyun calmly.





"I really do, but..."





"We can go home if y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter