Chapter 2

Lie For Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wasn't the type of person who liked to meddle in other people’s businesses and lives, particularly those whom I didn't really know. What’s interesting in finding out others’ secrets and problems anyway? They kept it to themselves for a reason and I’ve always tried to respect that. Well, until today. I was standing on the sidewalk with my eyes wide open, fighting against an annoying feeling of curiosity growing inside me. For the first time in my life I was interested in knowing someone better and that someone was Baekhyun. He looked so different from what I’ve seen at school. There was a rebellious and bad-boy aura around him.

The way he grinned with little smirk of cockiness, walked with confidence, and kissed that girl…

Every part of his body was screaming how different he was from the nice and polite student of our school. This side of him was mesmerizing and I just couldn’t draw my thoughts away from him. Was it even possible to change so much?

I blinked a few times when he turned his head to look in my direction, standing two meters away from me. Watching people was rude, but honestly, I couldn’t find enough power inside me to turn around and not stare at him. His eyes were cold and expressionless but seconds later that freaking y smirk I saw earlier twisted his lips. Oh snap, what was that? Was he that manly and attractive before? In school he was more like a cute puppy everyone wanted to hug and take care of, so what happened between then and now?

Before I realized it, I was standing next to him, face to face. Strange how my body moved without my permission; even before my brain could even send signals to my legs to approach him. Baekhyun was so close to me now, and it was indeed him, but I still felt like I was facing a different person. He raised an eyebrow dubiously, observing every part of my body carefully. I noticed how his eyes stopped on my lips, and legs before he looked me in the eyes and I had to hold myself back from snorting. Searching for anther toy to play with, are we?

“Do you want something?” His voice was cold, diametrically opposite from the nice and warm tone he spoke with in school. I tilted my head with amusement. He wasn’t kind anymore; he was rude and impatient, and I couldn’t help but scream inside with excitement after discovering this new side of Baekhyun. But that discovery only led to more questions: which Baekhyun was real? The nice and polite one or this rebellious one, standing here in front of me with his hands in pockets? Why was he acting different in and outside of school?

“You’re Baekhyun, right?” I asked, curious to see his reaction. He didn’t say anything, but his eyes glinted as if he was trying to find out what I wanted from him. “We go to the same high school,” I explained after minute of silence between us. “I didn’t know you were—”

“You mistook me for someone else,” he turned his back and started walking away as if there was no exchange that just happened. Wait, what was that? Was it possible that I made a mistake and he really is just someone similar to Baekhyun? Just a random person who looked like him? No way, unless he had a twin he'd been hiding from everyone.

I wasn't blind, Baekhyun. You shouldn’t underestimate me so easily.

“So I assume you wouldn’t mind me showing pictures of you and that girl to my friends in school?” I said, loud enough for him to hear. He stopped halfway but didn’t turn to me. Gotcha! Looks like I won the first round and I was determined enough to win the next one. Baekhyun finally turned around to face me and I knew he was checking if what I said earlier was a lie or the truth. Of course I was just bluffing about having pictures of him kissing that girl, but he didn’t need to know that. I raised my camera and waved it in the air. “Want to see?”

“S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter