Past

Two Hot Nerds In Love

"I like you" Woohyun said.

Jia eased dropped from behind still in shock. Her phone vibrated and it was Suzy asking where she was. Jia left the love sick guy with Hyemi and she went back to her group.


"Woohyun…" Hyemi said. "This is too much for me to take in at once."

"I'm not asking you to accept me I just wanted you to know my secret because I trust you and also like you. Also I have a question why don't you ever take your glasses off. You look beautiful without them on. But you still look beautiful with them too." Woohyun smiled. He reached to take Hyemi's glasses off. She didn't fight back and let him take them off. "There you go. Beautiful Hyemi"

Hyemi blushed. "Well since you trust me with that big secret I suppose I could trust you too Woohyun"

"You can always trust me Hyemi. I won't tell a soul"

Hyemi sighed. "The reason why I keep these glasses on is because.."

Hyemi just entered High School. She was just a freshman and she moved into the neighbourhood a couple weeks before school started.

She didn’t know anyone at the school but she instantly became popular because of her looks. Guys were asking her out every day. At first she wasn't use to it but after a couple months she learned to reject the guys kindly, by rejecting them kindly made them love Hyemi even more.

Hyemi didn’t have an actual person to call her 'friend'. They were just being friendly to her cause of her popularity. At lunch she would just sit outside under a tree. No one wanted to approach Hyemi because they thought she would always be waiting for someone. They never knew that she would be eating outside alone.

Hyemi was fine eating alone. She liked the peace and quiet.

Then a new kid came into the school. His name was Kris.

"Hey Hyemi! Did you hear about the new kid? I heard he's a cutie why don’t you go for him." One of Hyemi's so called 'friends' told her.

"I'm not interested in him. You can go for him" Hyemi said

Kris just like Hyemi became popular instantly but Kris became popular because he was a trainee under a huge company "SM Entertainment". People befriended him so when he debuts they could say they knew an idol.

Kris had only been at the school for 3 weeks and he already had girls confessing their love for him. He was handsome, Hyemi couldn't even deny that.

It was lunch time and Hyemi was at her usual spot for lunch. Kris was just walking around because the period before he already ate lunch because he ditched with a couple with his friends. He saw Hyemi sitting alone so he decided to give her some company.

"Hi Hyemi." Kris said "Mind if I join you?"

Without Hyemi's reply he just sat down beside her.

"What are you doing here Kris? Shouldn’t you be eating lunch?" Hyemi asked taking a bite of her sandwich.

Kris chuckled "No, I already ate. Why are you here alone Hyemi? Where is your 'posse'" Kris did quotation marks when he said posse.

"Please they just talk to me in class and then pretend they don’t me during lunch cause they have their own posse."

"Ahh I see. Well then expect a new buddy every lunch now" Kris said then he got up and left.

*What is he talking about* Hyemi thought but she just continued eating her sandwich then went to class.


The next day Hyemi was eating lunch alone again then Kris randomly came up beside her and started eating.

"Kris what are you doing here?" Hyemi asked.

"Well I did tell you to expect a new buddy to eat lunch with didn’t I?" Kris said getting his lunch bag out.

"What about your friends? Don’t you want to eat with them?"

"Same reason as yours Hyemi they just talk to me in class."

"I guess we're going through the same thing eh?"

They both chuckled. For the next month Kris had been joining Hyemi lunch. They got close from all the lunch times. People started to wonder how did they got so close randomly. They never seen each other talk before then all of a sudden their best friends when they were talking.

People started spreading rumors saying that their dating. Hyemi considered it though. Hyemi started developing feelings for Kris, not as a friend. Kris liked Hyemi. He was confused he didn’t know if he liked her as a friend or something more. But they decided to give it a go.

They started dating. They were both happy. Yeah, some fangirls and fanboys were sad but they couldn’t be angry because Hyemi and Kris made a good couple.


It been 3 months ever since they started dating. Hyemi was a love sick girl, she loved Kris. She would do anything for him. Kris found out what he felt for Hyemi. He loved her, but as a friend or sister. He didn't see her the way she saw him. Kris didn't know how he would be able to tell Hyemi though. He didn’t want to break her heart but he knew he had to.

Kris and his group would be debuting soon so the CEO of SM decided to send the entire group to China for some practice. The group Kris would be debuting in was split into two groups. Half of the members would be promoting in Korea and the other half would be promoting in China. Unfortunately Kris would be the one debuting in China.  

Kris knew that he had to break up with Hyemi.


They were just eating lunch under the tree and Kris told himself that he had to tell Hyemi today.

Kris sighed and said "Hyemi… I have to tell you something."

She was just eating her noodles and looked up at Kris. "What is it?"

"I'm going to China."

Hyemi was sad hearing that. She just thought that it meant for a couples days or so. "Ohh, that's okay I hope you have fun. When are you going to be coming back?"

"Hyemi, that's the thing I won't be coming back for a while." Kris looked at Hyemi straight in the eyes. "We're going to have to break up"

Hyemi's eyes watered. She always thought about Kris when he debuted that he would be extremely busy and they wouldn't have time to see each other anymore. But she didn't want that day to be today.

"W-why?" She managed to say holding her sobs back. "Can't we still continue our relationship while you're in China? I love you I don't want to leave you. Kris you love me to don't you? Why aren't you fighting for us?"

That was the first time they, well Hyemi had said I love you.

Kris felt a pang of guilt, he felt bad that he didn't break up with Hyemi sooner. Now that she was in love with him he couldn't do anything about it now. He had to be a bastard.

"Hyemi, when we started going out I was confused about my feelings for you. But after I figured out my feelings. I'm sorry to tell you but I only saw you as a friend. I didn't have the same feelings you had for me. It's my fault I didn't break up with you sooner cause now-" Kris got cut off and Hyemi interrupted him.

"Wait, you went out with me because you didn't know your feelings for me? So you were using me."

"No Hyemi it's not like that. I wanted to try it out to see if I did have feelings for you."

"But, you didn't. You still dated me making me fall in love with you even more day by day."

"I'm sorry Hyemi I didn't mea-"

Kris got interrupted again. "Just leave go to China, I never want to see your face again."

"Hyemi, please. Don’t be like this I don’t want to lose our friendship." Kris pleaded.

"Can you please just go I want to be alone." Hyemi hugged her knees and started sobbing. She didn't care that Kris was still watching.

"I'm sorry Hyemi…" Kris left.

The next couple days at school was awkward. They did not talk to each other and always avoided each other's path. The whole school heard that Kris was leaving for China so they were bidding goodbye to Kris. It was his last day at school before he would leave for China. Before he left he went up to Hyemi.

"I wanted to say goodbye Hyemi" Kris smiled.

Hyemi's heart fluttered. She hated that Kris would be able to do that to her. "Bye Kris, I hope you have fun in China and have a great success in debuting."

Kris held out his hand for a handshake. Hyemi smiled and willing shook it. *I'll miss you* Hyemi thought.

A month after Kris left Hyemi had to move schools due to her mom changing jobs. She decided that she didn't want to be the girl everyone liked. She would rather be an outsider that no one cared about.

So she decided to live her high school life as a nerd that no one cared about. Her mom tried talking Hyemi out of that idea but it wouldn't change her mind.

Finishing freshman year was easy because everyone already made their friends so no one bothered Hyemi. Sophomore was a different story because of Jia. But Hyemi managed. That's how Hyemi's high school life was until Woohyun came.

~~~~

Wow! Long chapter. I typed it up on microsoft word and it took up four pages!

Well i'm gonna shamelessly promote my new fic that I started. aha I know that I'm alreayd slow enough with updating this fic but I decided to start another one too. I'll be extra slow now cause exams are coming up so I have to start studying.

So my new fic~  Staring Daehyun, OC and Lay! I hope you read it and subscribe to this too! (: (Click on the picture to go to the fic)