Chapter 3

Stuck With 4 Gangs!

 

As I was walking to the border line taking a different route, I spotted a large mansion on the way.  
 
It was coloured in a dark, bloody red and a black roof top. 
 
It would be amazing to live in that. 
 
I sighed and went on to the border. 
 
----
 
"Kyungah! Take the orders from table 3!" My manager called. 
 
"Neh!" I called back, it was Sunday, which means another busy day. 
 
I took out my note pad as I approach table 3. "May I take your orders now?" I asked them. 
 
My eyes widen *it's those guys from yesterday! Crap! I hope they don't notice me, act casual Kyungah.* 
 
"4 plates of jjajangmyeong please." That squirrel face guy said. 
 
"N-neh." I stuttered. 
 
"A plate of samgyeopsol." A guy with blonde hair ordered. 
 
"Will that be all?" I asked more confident this time. 
 
"Neh." The same guy answered. 
 
After taking their orders I quickly, but calmly walked back to the kitchen, I could feel their glare staring at my back and through my soul, I shivered once I entered the kitchen. 
 
-----
 
"Hey, I've never seen her around her before?" Eunkwang asked suspiciously. 
 
"Same here." Ilhoon agreed. 
 
"Maybe she's new here or something." Peneil said and shrugged. 
 
They shrugged but Eunkwang was still suspicious about you. 
 
-----
 
"Ahh ottoke? They won't ask right? Stay strong Kyungah, your smart enough to think of something." I bit my lip. 
 
"Kyungah! Table 3!" Key oppa interrupted my thoughts. 
 
"Neh!" I called back. *well here goes nothing* 
 
I walked to table 3 with their orders. 
 
"Enjoy your meal." I said, my heart beating rapidly and my stomach turned. I began to walk but stopped. "Excuse me miss." 
*!* I swallowed hard, if they found out that I'm not from here, I don't even know what kind of punishment they will do to me and did I mention they're one of the famous gangs?!
 
I turned around. "I-is there something wrong?" I asked, my hands beginning to sweat. 
 
"I haven't seen you around here, are you new?" The blonde guy asked with suspicious eyes. 
 
For a moment my heart stopped. 
*think Kyungah, think!* I screamed in my head. 
 
"N-neh, I'm from the states but I moved here to study aboard. Why do you ask that?" I said, my heart was jumping in joy, I knew I could think of a good lie. 
 
"Oh...Nothing, sorry for wasting your time." He apologized. 
 
I walked back and sighed heavily, relieved. I knew I took a big risk crossing the border, but that was the only way for me to get a job and repay those debt and Maybe the Black Hands won't find me here anyways. 
 
----
 
"Geez hyung it's not like she's from the south or the north." Minhyuk said. 
 
"Hey I was just curious! The south been getting on my nerves lately." Eunkwang shot back. 
 
"Hyung..." Hyunsilk nodded his head to Sungjae. 
 
Eunkwang turned his head to Sungjae. "Hey what's wrong Sungjae?" Eunkwang asked concerned. 
 
"I was just thinking about that girl from the orphanage, I wonder where she went." The thought of you made everyone silent for a moment. 
 
Hyungsilk broke the silence. "She'll be fine, will meet her someday, come on let's eat, our food will get cold, after we'll go to our club." Hyungsilk meekly smiled. 
 
They nodded. 
-----
 
Today I was the last to close up the restruant. I notice Key oppa leaning against the window as I locked up the door."Oh oppa, what are you still doing here?" I asked. 
 
"I was wondering if you want to go have a drink of coffee with me." He rubbed the back of his neck. "We haven't been hanging out much lately."
 
I soften, I felt guilty since I'm always busy. "I'm so sorry oppa but I'm busy today." Although I really want to hang out with Key oppa today, I want to check out the job at the club. 
 
"Oh is that so...than next time when your not busy let me know and we can hang out." He smiled. 
 
I beamed and nodded. I waved goodbye to him as he left to go home.
 
I took out the flyer out of my pocket. *Melody club...* I read the address one last time and headed towards the club. 
 
-----
 
As I arrived at my destination, I saw a big sign with glowing red light saying 'Melody Club' I looked around and saw girls wearing mini skirts and tank tops with heavy make up on. Who were probably mad mouthing me judging from the way they're looking at me. 
 
The guys wore decent clothes, a blazer, jeans, v-neck shirts. Who's giving me creepy erted smirks. 
 
Overall from my perspective this place is pretty ghetto, not a surprise for me since its a club. 
 
I entered the club and it was empty, guessing it's because it's early. But I didn't know a club would be this nice. I heard someone from behind and turned around.  "may I help you?" The bartender came up to me. I blushed by his good looks.
 
"Er...this." I showed him the flyer. 
*stupid Kyungah why didn't you just tell him that your applying for this job than showing him the flyer, stupid." I mentally face palm myself. 
 
"Ahh I see your applying for this job." He said. 
 
"Neh, I'm an experienced waitress." I told him. 
 
"Alright, working hours are 6 to 11pm." He gave back the flyer to me and went back behind the bar counter, wiping a glass cup with a white cloth. 
 
I blinked serval times. *what? That's it? No other questions?*
 
I walked up to the bar and sat down on a white stool. "Umm is that it? Your not going to ask me any other questions?" 
 
"Nope." He replied. 
 
"O..Kay than why did you accept me just like that?" I questioned him. 
 
"Because we don't have enough employees here." He said not taking his eyes of the cup. 
 
"Oh.." You didn't have anything else to say after that. 
 
An awkward silence came between us. 
 
"I'm Park Kyungah, you?" I introduced myself. "Junhyung" 
 
"Ahh Junhyung-shii" I repeated. 
 
"So do I start working today?" I asked him again. 
 
He pointed the back door were the changing room is. "A uniform is in a locker, you can go back there and change than you can start wiping the tables." He said in a cold tone as if there's no soul inside him. 
 
*Does he always act this way?* I thought to myself and went to the back door. 
 
I changed in to something similar from the restaurant I worked at but this time there was a black vest that goes along with it. 
 
I started to wipe the tables and the floors. *ugh. What's the point of doing this when it's going to be dirty anyways?* I wanted to bang my head against a wall. 
 
Hours past people started to come in and the loud music blasted out with colourful light shining. 
 
For me, my job was to serve people their drinks to their table, well isn't that what a waitress is supposed to do? While Junhyung made the drinks. 
 
I sat on the same stool when I first came here. *wow this place must be popular, who ever owns this must be rich.* I thought. 
 
I sighed and slumped my shoulders. 
 
From a far Junhyung watch you rub your shoulders, he quickly made you a cup of cold ice tea. 
 
I rubbed my aching shoulders and sighed once again. I noticed a ice tea place in front of me and I looked up to see Junhyung. 
"Here, after you finish give these drinks to table 1." Again in that same cold tone. 
 
I soften. *So maybe he does have a heart.* "thanks." I chugged down the ice tea and went back to work. As I was walking to table 1, I accidentally bumped into someone. "Mihane." I apologized. 
"No no it's my fault sorry." He apologized back. I looked up to see his face so I could properly apologize to him. But my heart thumped and stopped. *its that guy in Btob. What is he doing here?!* I watched him disappear in the dancing crowed of people. 
*Good thing my bangs covered my eyes.* 
 
----
 
After that long and tiring day I went home. I laid down on my bed and closed my eyes. *Just my luck, I guess I'll be seeing them around.* I pinched the bridge of my nose. I sighed *thank god for winter break, I can finally sleep in.*
I stared at the ceiling. *maybe I should get an easy job in the south, something like house work should be good enough.* I closed my eyes back again, remembering a time where I'd help my mother around the house and she would always treat me to icecream if i did a good job. Eventually I fell in to deep sleep. 
------
 
I know boring chapter, my brain hasn't been working lately. But....I wonder what will your next job be? And possibly, maybe meet exo?